VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

seki

Hey guys. I have some good news to convey.
HtStmEiicFzFN0f8gpkdxdvSwG5O3reW0dGeSVi6nPoOoo1y4bpjou6gZ8VfM87oaSCEdVmGnCfCuY5mF7FOCRN3yAohsp328WNpMLq3Lf68oEVArjwHCCJnuoWFyMEh6AGqUE0

The BRUTE has arrived. As promised I have added the Brute to my product line-up that is another portable similar to the HotShot but without the internal USB converter. Since this was the Achilles heel of failures for the Hotshot I can foresee the Brute being more reliable as well as very robust with its extruded aluminum enclosure.
The size is slightly larger than the HS and has more weight to it but the robustness can’t be denied. It is more like a switchless PSM baby.

rpcP06GDJVVkmg6k1IPBwh73eRbIUKeXPwZU_yVCgT3ehLafg4PnXgEty4VlY84NlWWn36TQgUvko9R7rj_gcMOnJKWENIZqLt6I_ft49aNIs6kRVuu3g7qUDf_8URMVyxwgkaQ

The insides are very solid as well. I still used my 3D printers to make up the framework which can be taken apart for switch replacement or other maintenance.
There is a metal disc on the top to which the magnet sticks to. The magnet has now been upgraded to 4mm thick. The HS was 3mm and the PSM was 2mm so it is double the strength of the PSM and 50% more than the HS.
mdDUkByvJSXDAeyuAvJ7CR9X9DPife2EVpKvNFISWWUcaq79uYG0WQ2I2Jug1UUdIF2Rgex0tgVu9YQ4QYbFvL3it9GczrjmoFbPbWIq-NaOCRhKhcLsgnftt1SW8PJ8E_kCNbk
oDsgHyvWq4K_NMgG2IA8rN7UqJ6fURIOtBDkJb_x6Y_jEyiJewDKPquIHfRYubzwTYAnney7pO7rN7PCDMkeBFjhlW6AHkNe5XzG3ukFahx7wqU2zsUCWh4cfJ6P-i3tEqdvnSg

qHD6Oj_WR9g5PYgFLcgqazSs-uEjTbSOtxhJD2LgrKt5rawU_12yhAgLKsPgA0TigBsfeSR-jiSB0fAsVvfQV2HDvOjVzt2bU0FxLtgInJfbAwKNnMCqbd90rvtJTKPbebMb_us

ctQSX3XhCOfmbLWEBJKh9enSRQitjbTlz7Er0bjAUIiXg2sltzHNjhm-P55R-nYSTN9Xjwsm1giWfZ_yTOZraGQg45SUGpdE3s5uWsjr-iRi8cqT1HGHdI-qtZfvU5H8c0tMkfM

Below are the two supplied charging options. The home charger is the same as what came with the PSM and will charge the Brute in under an hour. The second is a USB adapter that will charge at a lower charge rate of 400-500mA and takes upwards of 5 hours to charge. Good for overnight charging. Both supplied chargers have an LED charge indicator. Red means charging and turns green when complete. The USB charger is not as picky about the USB source like the HS was and all the chargers I tested work. Not to say some will not as time will tell.
There is also an optional car quick charger that plugs into the accessory plug. The same as was with the PSM.

uFEhdKKtYzFnszRPz1Kp7a0N4MAiQs_vykOXSRYGAzjBWUTRz7Yir6NjK1GvRXnCLoi3y_ec5wGqZlxf6nen51M5ius2RMpuDTt2-eaHaFNIS34HOea2h6syD7ntpCeCawrUeEc

The Brute will be priced at $120 USD the same as the HotShot and comes with the same carrying case as the HS.
The HotShot has been reduced to $110 USD while quantities last. :science: :tup:

I'm in! The logo is pretty awesome too. Best one yet IMO.

seki,
  • Love
Reactions: Pipes

b0

Cloudy...
HtStmEiicFzFN0f8gpkdxdvSwG5O3reW0dGeSVi6nPoOoo1y4bpjou6gZ8VfM87oaSCEdVmGnCfCuY5mF7FOCRN3yAohsp328WNpMLq3Lf68oEVArjwHCCJnuoWFyMEh6AGqUE0

The BRUTE has arrived. As promised I have added the Brute to my product line-up that is another portable similar to the HotShot but without the internal USB converter. Since this was the Achilles heel of failures for the Hotshot I can foresee the Brute being more reliable as well as very robust with its extruded aluminum enclosure.
The size is slightly larger than the HS and has more weight to it but the robustness can’t be denied. It is more like a switchless PSM baby.

rpcP06GDJVVkmg6k1IPBwh73eRbIUKeXPwZU_yVCgT3ehLafg4PnXgEty4VlY84NlWWn36TQgUvko9R7rj_gcMOnJKWENIZqLt6I_ft49aNIs6kRVuu3g7qUDf_8URMVyxwgkaQ

The insides are very solid as well. I still used my 3D printers to make up the framework which can be taken apart for switch replacement or other maintenance.
There is a metal disc on the top to which the magnet sticks to. The magnet has now been upgraded to 4mm thick. The HS was 3mm and the PSM was 2mm so it is double the strength of the PSM and 50% more than the HS.
mdDUkByvJSXDAeyuAvJ7CR9X9DPife2EVpKvNFISWWUcaq79uYG0WQ2I2Jug1UUdIF2Rgex0tgVu9YQ4QYbFvL3it9GczrjmoFbPbWIq-NaOCRhKhcLsgnftt1SW8PJ8E_kCNbk
oDsgHyvWq4K_NMgG2IA8rN7UqJ6fURIOtBDkJb_x6Y_jEyiJewDKPquIHfRYubzwTYAnney7pO7rN7PCDMkeBFjhlW6AHkNe5XzG3ukFahx7wqU2zsUCWh4cfJ6P-i3tEqdvnSg

qHD6Oj_WR9g5PYgFLcgqazSs-uEjTbSOtxhJD2LgrKt5rawU_12yhAgLKsPgA0TigBsfeSR-jiSB0fAsVvfQV2HDvOjVzt2bU0FxLtgInJfbAwKNnMCqbd90rvtJTKPbebMb_us

ctQSX3XhCOfmbLWEBJKh9enSRQitjbTlz7Er0bjAUIiXg2sltzHNjhm-P55R-nYSTN9Xjwsm1giWfZ_yTOZraGQg45SUGpdE3s5uWsjr-iRi8cqT1HGHdI-qtZfvU5H8c0tMkfM

Below are the two supplied charging options. The home charger is the same as what came with the PSM and will charge the Brute in under an hour. The second is a USB adapter that will charge at a lower charge rate of 400-500mA and takes upwards of 5 hours to charge. Good for overnight charging. Both supplied chargers have an LED charge indicator. Red means charging and turns green when complete. The USB charger is not as picky about the USB source like the HS was and all the chargers I tested work. Not to say some will not as time will tell.
There is also an optional car quick charger that plugs into the accessory plug. The same as was with the PSM.

uFEhdKKtYzFnszRPz1Kp7a0N4MAiQs_vykOXSRYGAzjBWUTRz7Yir6NjK1GvRXnCLoi3y_ec5wGqZlxf6nen51M5ius2RMpuDTt2-eaHaFNIS34HOea2h6syD7ntpCeCawrUeEc

The Brute will be priced at $120 USD the same as the HotShot and comes with the same carrying case as the HS.
The HotShot has been reduced to $110 USD while quantities last. :science: :tup:
OMG I want it so bad!! Need to find a way to get it reposted to Europe from US. Amazing job!!

b0,

NexVision

The Brute will be priced at $120 USD the same as the HotShot and comes with the same carrying case as the HS. The HotShot has been reduced to $110 USD while quantities last. :science: :tup:
Shipping info received. :)

NexVision,

Hawaii Johnny

A dolphin
The Hot Shot is a spectacular heater that is now available at an even better price. I trust the Brute is something that is an even more robust build that will continue to provide consistent clicks for a long time. Sometimes I am shocked that people consider many other heaters. Pipes, thanks for all you do! I am a huge fan of your work.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Looks good! Shipping these international???
Not sure how the pricing works but if really desperate:

b0

Cloudy...
Not sure how the pricing works but if really desperate:

Are you located in Canada? I don't know why I assumed that you were in the US. If so, I have someone in Canada that could send it to me, best news of the day!!:rockon:

Edit: 7th in the list :smug:

Last edited:

Texus

Says it is on the google doc
Pipes' description below. But based on battery images, earlier in thread, I'd say yes, it is user replaceable, but not quickly and easily swappable like something along the lines of devices that use 18650 or other batteries that don't use a more of a harness

The Brute Brute Wait List

IN Stock​

The Brute is a portable version Induction heater. It is a very basic unit that features dual charging methods. The Brute comes with both a home charger that can charge the Brute in under an hour as well as a USB charger that will trickle charge.
Reliability is the Brute strong point and can survive drops and abuse. It has a 100% extruded aluminum enclosure with all parts securely inside.
The battery capacity is 800 mAH, which is the same as the HS and PSM and is more than enough for an evening out and about. There is no option for a larger internal battery. The battery is replaceable. Replacement links are below.

Here is link to that replaceable battery:

seki

In anticipation of my delivery arriving hopefully tomorrow, I was taking a look back in the thread to see if I could pick out any differences between the Hotshot internals and the Brute pics @TommyDee posted above, and I came across this tidbit from @Pipes post about the Hotshot discontinuation:
The good news is that I’m already on the case for a replacement and with what I have learned from the Hot Shot, it should be a Brute! This new endeavor is still a while off before it becomes a reality. Please no probing. All I can say is it won't be as small as the HS. :p
Pretty sneaky :lol:

Swassmike

Mine landed today, thought I'd post some comparison pics:
brute1.jpg

brute2.jpg

brute3.jpg

brute4.jpg

Seems more or less identical to the Hotshot size-wise on the interior, it looks like the size difference is due to the added bulk of the chassis.
I just ordered my Brute today, seems like it's what the hotshot should have been from the start. My hotshot bottom door latch fell off, the magnet fell off and just overall the quality wasn't what I expected given how much I love my PSM. Excited to get my Brute in!

Top Bottom