• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Texus

Look around FC, and you will see me praising the adjustability of the PWM on the Fluxer Heaters. But @Pipes has such a great reputation that I couldn't resist ordering a Hotshot, which arrived today.

And just wow. What a simple, intutive and expertly tuned device. It may be that the Hotshot coincidentally hits the sweetspot for my personal preference (COVID 7-fin Ti tip BTW). But I am inclined to think that this is more attributeable to Pipes' years of experience and accumulated expertise. And the use of spacers in the Hotshot for tuning is an inspired low tech way of providing a degree of tuning.

sinsemilla

Just wanted to drop in and say WOW.. the HotShot just changed my vaping game. Kudos to Pipes!

I picked up a '21 Omni as my first dynavap but having to use a torch constantly kept my Solo 2 as my daily driver. Now here I'am totally in love with my Ti Tip/Gnarly Stem/HotShot combo. Can't imagine it gets much better than this!

doctapeppa

I've had a Cauldron a few weeks (and others) and just got my Hotshot today. The first couple of clicks I gotta say I was disappointed because it is slower than the cauldron. But I figured "ok"... It's battery powered and tiny....so this is the trade off. However, after packing another bowl (ok maybe 2 more) I can clearly see the difference. There is no "tradeoff"!!! The clouds I get from the hotshot have gotta be twice as big as pretty much any other IH I have tried. WOW. Bravo Mr Pipes. You have nailed it with this.

Edit. Now...is there a way to mod my Cauldron to do this slower click or does that require a complete overhaul?

doctapeppa,
Reactions: Kupoace

doctapeppa

Ah, but there is...
So if I cut the little leg and solder it to the other leg it will heat just like the Hotshot? If so, can't wait to do this!

Edit: Nevermind!! Reading comprehension. Only cut. The soldering would be to reverse this. Yay. imma do it.
Edit 2: It worked! I didn't need a better Cauldron because it was already great as is but..weeeeeee

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have been using my PSM most of the time with my new VonG and I have noticed that the Ti piece where the tip connects has been getting quite hot if you do a few bowls. I haven't really used a torch much with it. Does it still get as hot with a torch? I'm guessing it does.

cybrguy,

doctapeppa

I have been using my PSM most of the time with my new VonG and I have noticed that the Ti piece where the tip connects has been getting quite hot if you do a few bowls. I haven't really used a torch much with it. Does it still get as hot with a torch? I'm guessing it does.
The front part of the Vong definitely gets warm/hot even with the torch.

doctapeppa,
Reactions: cybrguy

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Ah, but there is...
So @Pipes, that tek can be used on the Caldron or the PSM to slow down the click?

BabyFacedFinster,

doctapeppa

Do you have spacers in place or does it make the fit to fire? Thank you
No I didn't put a spacer or modify the HotShot in any way. The little door doesn't obstruct the Vong at all. It's close to it but it doesn't touch it and the HS heats up the Vong Amazing whether you are putting the Vong into it or leaving the Vong on a WP and using the HS upside down on it. Flawless.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
That's an interesting idea but I think once the preferred heat is set up, you will likely never use the switch. The current isn't a huge issue as it will never be switched while the current is flowing, thus protecting the contacts from arcs. A 2-3 amp hard switch should be fine. The switch should be as close as possible to the cap though as we are dealing with high frequencies and too much wire will introduce other issues. :science:

paehtod

Hotshot arrived Hong Kong ;) it’s tiny and heat up my vapcap like with single flame torch, my OG portside was faster like triple torch

AD6-C78-B4-3787-4509-9528-09853922-F56-F.jpg

12-E2-B441-F7-DF-4-CC0-B873-3-E5978497888.jpg

webtroter

That's an interesting idea but I think once the preferred heat is set up, you will likely never use the switch. The current isn't a huge issue as it will never be switched while the current is flowing, thus protecting the contacts from arcs. A 2-3 amp hard switch should be fine. The switch should be as close as possible to the cap though as we are dealing with high frequencies and too much wire will introduce other issues. :science:
Thanks for that info :)
I agree that I'll probably not play with the switch after setting it, but it might still happens (maybe when I switch from SS to Ti or for session length)

I'll let the thread know when I'll do it.

minaya12

I had my pipes hotshot ih plugged in for over 2 hours and now it wont activate when pressed. I used it for one charge and now it's already broken. Great.

minaya12

I now believe the reason my hotshot isn't charging is because the chord and plug are broken. What specific charger do you recommend I buy?

minaya12,
Top Bottom