Upgrade with quick extraction

LesPlenty

Company Rep
mostly pain and insomnia.
I have a Roffu loaded with heavy indica MMJ near my bed for a quick puff at 220c (with a small load dry) if needed during the night instead of taking Temazapan, working so far for me in this scenario, usually 3 or 4 puffs for the right meds for sleep.
But for pain, a ball vape can crush a huge load for instant relief but a ball vape needs to be left on so I only use that during the day.

Oil420FL

I have a Roffu loaded with heavy indica MMJ near my bed for a quick puff at 220c (with a small load dry) if needed during the night instead of taking Temazapan, working so far for me in this scenario, usually 3 or 4 puffs for the right meds for sleep.
But for pain, a ball vape can crush a huge load for instant relief but a ball vape needs to be left on so I only use that during the day.
Yes my Mighty is filling the role of your Roffu for me [instead of Trazodone] & I'm hoping a Zenith or GTR will hit heavy enough instead of a ball vape. Don't want something with exposed hot coils left on due to risk to dogs, grandchildren, & me (when I'm topping up while half-baked in the middle of the night :-/

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes my Mighty is filling the role of your Roffu for me [instead of Trazodone] & I'm hoping a Zenith or GTR will hit heavy enough instead of a ball vape. Don't want something with exposed hot coils left on due to risk to dogs, grandchildren, & me (when I'm topping up while half-baked in the middle of the night :-/

Zenith is a ball vape by the way so it will crush bowls and GTR can also very fast extract safely left on 24/7, going to be much more useful than a mighty in this situation! Also though the tip of Zenith is hot and exposed FYI

Oil420FL

Zenith is a ball vape by the way so it will crush bowls and GTR can also very fast extract safely left on 24/7, going to be much more useful than a mighty in this situation! Also though the tip of Zenith is hot and exposed FYI
Yes and since the Zenith sits on its own, relatively wide base with just its 510 Extension Cable tethering it to a box mod, it looks less likely to be knocked over than the usual ball vape rig or to burn something if it does.

BTW I appreciate the comments about bowl & distance to heater to remind me it's not as simple as watts/mass/setting/draw-speed/load. Too much time since I used an Arizer's Extreme Q. I plan to get a wooden bowl from CC for the Zenith. But I've seen some wooden surrounds for glass bowls that look good. There's probably a thread about wooden vs. glass bowls..... and my wife wonders why I spend so much time reading about cannabis ;-)

Shit Snacks

Yes and since the Zenith sits on its own, relatively wide base with just its 510 Extension Cable tethering it to a box mod, it looks less likely to be knocked over than the usual ball vape rig or to burn something if it does.

BTW I appreciate the comments about bowl & distance to heater to remind me it's not as simple as watts/mass/setting/draw-speed/load. Too much time since I used an Arizer's Extreme Q. I plan to get a wooden bowl from CC for the Zenith. But I've seen some wooden surrounds for glass bowls that look good. There's probably a thread about wooden vs. glass bowls..... and my wife wonders why I spend so much time reading about cannabis ;-)

Just so you're aware, Zenith plugs right into the wall with VVPS as well, no reason to use a mod if you are at home imo

And yeah there are a lot of variables along with the power and the bowls and such, the CC wood bowls are the best because they have the perfect dimensions for even extraction from CC vapes, in the future he may try doing glass or metal lining, but for now it just helps to try to choose a neutral wood is all?

There's actually a thread about injector bowls in general, it is in the glass section, but it does talk about wood bowls as well, so that could be a good place to go... or even just the Zenith thread (or other specific threads) more complex than just wood vs glass since there are so many different styles available

pop22

I've started with a Dynavap, Argo, Crafty+, to a Xmax V3.

Use only V3 now (often through bubbler bong), but looking for vape that will hit harder with less hits.

Have only used portables but thinking that a desktop like the Arizer X2Q or a Plenty MIGHT be a better addition than the bit too expensive Tiny might 2. But I am sure there are options I am unaware of.

Looking for safe vaporizer that has accurate temps and produces thick hits at 390 F as I usually try to avoid Benzene production. I know Flower temperature does not equal vapor temp and I do go higher (410) frequently. The reason I tossed my Dynavap was occasional combustion. I prefer electric as I feel temperature control works better for me.

$200 is more my budget.

Open to Any thoughts or suggestions.
The Boundless CFX is a hard hitter with quick warmup.

yeswecann

nd my carbon fiber insert.
What now? What of this GAC filter dark magic?
I have to preheat and then go 3-4 seconds past 2nd click in my workhorse 5-seconds to click Caldron IH (''sup @Pipes!) to destroy a cap in one. I use fine plate BCG. I hate the draw resistance required to do it though.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
What now? What of this GAC filter dark magic?
I have to preheat and then go 3-4 seconds past 2nd click in my workhorse 5-seconds to click Caldron IH (''sup @Pipes!) to destroy a cap in one. I use fine plate BCG. I hate the draw resistance required to do it though.

Oh yeah it's cruise control for me, you could fine-tune it where you better respect that click! I have mine set for the scenic route right. Money well worth it

yeswecann

Oh yeah it's cruise control for me, you could fine-tune it where you better respect that click! I have mine set for the scenic route right. Money well worth it

I love my Caldron and have the method down pat. Super dense, full flavor and spectrum vapor in one. I could use a better water piece though. What carbon filter do you use? How does it work?

yeswecann,

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I love my Caldron and have the method down pat. Super dense, full flavor and spectrum vapor in one. I could use a better water piece though. What carbon filter do you use? How does it work?
I don't use a filter it's a carbon fiber insert for the induction heater so you could just drop in the dynav app automatic mode. No filter just say insert thats carbon fiber

Sonics420

I turn my ball vape on and off throughout the day, is that bad for it?

Sonics420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I used to do that when I first got my Dnail but soon got sick of dabbing on a cold surface.
You might only get 10 years of life whereas I might get 12! The quickest way to shorten the coils life is to continually reshape it for different baller heads, heat + metal fatigue will kill the thermocouple wire prematurely, mine did anyway. I also only got a couple of years out of my DNail flat coil due to leaving it set at 999f too often for too long when burn cleaning my DNail SiC Halo...glowing red hot coils look good in the dark but do not help with their life span.

yeswecann

Is that the tiodw V3 housing? I want them to make a "lite" version. I love that straight fab! What kind of perc?

yeswecann,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You can see people debating this on Reddit and here often. I agree with Les. If it has an impact it is probably one that you will not notice. There is good evidence that leaving it on may also shorten the life of the coil. I err on the side of not leaving a hot coil on in my house unattended. Seems safer to me.

yeswecann

That is the Gili Glass straight fab from DHgate with ratchet slitted disc fountain perc, lowest priced one available
Thanks! Happen to have a link? I can't find on DHGate search. This is one of your favorite types for vaping, yes? That's what I gather from the cheap glass thread. It's hard to find straight fabs with any length to them. I'd like one with an SOL of FOL but ca't find a cheapish one!

yeswecann,

Shit Snacks

Thanks! Happen to have a link? I can't find on DHGate search. This is one of your favorite types for vaping, yes? That's what I gather from the cheap glass thread. It's hard to find straight fabs with any length to them. I'd like one with an SOL of FOL but ca't find a cheapish one!
All in the cheap glass thread, this link has been shared several times, I'm getting kind of sick of it lol this one is decently tall, it's actually too big, I prefer the CaliBear one after all though it was twice the price

Shit Snacks,

yeswecann

All in the cheap glass thread, this link has been shared several times, I'm getting kind of sick of it lol this one is decently tall, it's actually too big, I prefer the CaliBear one after all though it was twice the price
Thanks. LOL Yeah I've read backwards like 100 pages. That perc looks different (and really close to the fab) than the piece in @LesPlenty's rip. Does CaliBear still make straight fab SOL/FOLs?

@OP Maybe off topic but you need a good piece with a fast extractor!

yeswecann,

Shit Snacks

Thanks. LOL Yeah I've read backwards like 100 pages. That perc looks different (and really close to the fab) than the piece in @LesPlenty's rip. Does CaliBear still make straight fab SOL/FOLs?

@OP Maybe off topic but you need a good piece with a fast extractor!

Haha yeah, off topic, this isn't the glass thread, if you read backwards there you would have seen this link several times! But there's so many links so many posts, I just keep reposting because I don't want to deal with the rest of my life using this as a distraction... Distance of perc to fab is always going to vary that photo is not exact anyway piece to piece you never know... Yes they make it and it was recently on sale I don't know if it is any longer and there are other places that sell it but usually not cheaper. Place on DHgate sells it for much more expensive, more fab designs will come

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I love that straight fab! What kind of perc?
That is a FOL (some say SOL too)
That is the Gili Glass straight fab from DHgate with ratchet slitted disc fountain perc
No it is not!
Does CaliBear still make straight fab SOL/FOLs?
Yes, here is the link, goes on sale often so sign up to their newsletter, it was $104 BF sales.

yeswecann

No it is not!
Haha!
Yes, here is the link, goes on sale often so sign up to their newsletter, it was $104 BF sales.
Thank you! Lovely piece. Any others you like better for ball/heavies in that price range or less?

yeswecann,
Top Bottom