• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Upgrade with quick extraction

Oil420FL

Op's premisse was:

The ball vapes heating method (the strengths mentioned by @Shit Snacks) have nothing to do with running hotter.

A device with a strong heater and good heat retention, in particular convection vapes, can extract quite successfully and quick at low temps. With TM2 at 3 I can extract most in say 4 hits, at 4 in 2. Higher in 1.
I get your point about thermal mass / heater capacity. I didn’t make it clear that I was thinking more of battery powered portables, not desktops / ball vapes. I wish I was as successful as you with my TM2, but mine didn’t prove to be an upgrade.

23jim

Yes, I am back to considering the Tiny might 2.
First of all, there is still a Woodscents lite.

I think you should consider an OG Tinymight. At $250 it is over your target, but it is a great vape and has very fast extractions.
Where?

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I don't know about you but my DynaVap will hit one extraction no problem? One of my heavier hitters

If you don't mind being tethered to a cable log vapes are great, Alan is amazing.

Besides ball vapes seems like the anvil is pretty popular I can't remember the price though? Me personally I think log vapes are safer than ball vapes If one got knocked over.

Also my opinion don't get so caught up on the numbers just because a vape says a certain number doesn't mean they're all running at that temperature. It's just a guide on each vape so you know how to set it back up I would be almost certain 390° isn't the same on a mighty as it is on a pax as it is on a V3 as it is on a solo 2 to a fury...

Right now the best electric vapes that are mass produced seem to be the ROFFU, air vape legacy pro, tiny mite.

I have the ROFFU and V3 pro for portable and I could absolute guarantee they do not run at the same temperature even though they display the same temperature.

If I had to keep one of my vapes it would be my DynaVap with induction heater and my carbon fiber insert. Next would be my log vape.. so don't sleep on the idea of getting an induction heater for your DynaVap or if you go log Ed's TNT what kind of give you more value in the long run since you already have dyna vapes.

If you're looking to get smacked in the face extremely efficiently and fast although I've never used them Don't forget about the sticky bricks style as long as the butane inhaling doesn't mess with your head those seem to be the hardest hitters from what everybody says

Last edited:

Oil420FL

Right now the best electric vapes that are mass produced seem to be the ROFFU, air vape legacy pro, tiny mite.
I haven’t tried the ROFFU, but found the other 2 disappointing. My DynaVap with Wand heater and Mighty set a baseline that’s hard to beat. My use is medical rather than recreational so a different goal probably means I’ll have different preferences. You made lots of excellent points. I’m on Alan’s waitlist for a log. Hoping it will give me a quick enough extraction without the risk of fumbling around with a ball vape when I’m half baked in the middle of the night.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I haven’t tried the ROFFU, but found the other 2 disappointing. My DynaVap with Wand heater and Mighty set a baseline that’s hard to beat. My use is medical rather than recreational so a different goal probably means I’ll have different preferences. You made lots of excellent points. I’m on Alan’s waitlist for a log. Hoping it will give me a quick enough extraction without the risk of fumbling around with a ball vape when I’m half baked in the middle of the night.
I'm liking the ROFFU for a session vape It has plenty of horsepower I just burned a bowl of concentrates no problem.

At the end of the day I'll always be faithful to my wand and Glass stem with titanium vong tip. I have the Skullcandy inserts so I could really fine-tune things for the perfect hit every time consistently. I could do a one hitter extraction or multiple hits even on half bowl. The efficiency is insane between these and log vapes. They're just something about the respect I have for vaporizers that will last longer than me. At the end of the day I know no matter what elements get thrown at me I could always get a DynaVap to work even if it's on a car engine block. 😆

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I find it odd you would prefer the Mighty over TM for medical, as TM is much more capable and pure, but just goes to show different vapes for different apes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I recently picked up a bamboo HI and I really like it. It is not a heavy, in my opinion. It is the platonic ideal of a classic log. However if you didn't like the TM, you might find it too open compared to your vapcaps. Either way I recommend trying it. I suspect you can find a buyer if it is not to your taste.

My woodscents has a very tight draw, which I didn't love at first. Once I got the new simrell tip from Ed, I liked it a lot better. As a vapcap fan, that might be more to your liking. It's a weird little log but I dig it.

Only one of my logs would I consider a heavy hitter: the CouchLog.

Last edited:

Oil420FL

Yeah I find it odd you would prefer the Mighty over TM for medical, as TM is much more capable and pure, but just goes to show different vapes for different apes
Yes the TM2 gave more flavorful hits, but was less consistently capable of medicating me. I’ve wondered whether my TM2 was built on a Monday morning or (more likely) I’m so good at using the Mighty and DynaVap after 3 years that 3 weeks with the TM2 isn’t giving it a chance.

Shit Snacks

Yes the TM2 gave more flavorful hits, but was less consistently capable of medicating me. I’ve wondered whether my TM2 was built on a Monday morning or (more likely) I’m so good at using the Mighty and DynaVap after 3 years that 3 weeks with the TM2 isn’t giving it a chance.

Haha yeah, all three of those work totally differently, so it's possible you just don't get on with it, I find mine extremely consistent and predictable and the most effective, with best vapor quality... Sold the Mighty and DV stuff because it was not enjoyable or as effective for me

Oil420FL

I recently picked up a bamboo HI and I really like it. It is not a heavy, in my opinion. It is the platonic ideal of a classic log. However if you didn't like the TM, you might find it too open compared to your vapcaps. Either way I recommend trying it. I suspect you can find a buyer if it is not to your taste.

My woodscents has a very tight draw, which I didn't love at first. Once I got the new simrell tip from Ed, I liked it a lot better. As a vapcap fan, that might be more to your liking. It's a weird little log but I dig it.

Only one of my logs would I consider a heavy hitter: the CouchLog.
I’m planning to get a GTR from Alan and a Zenith from CC (when my budget allows). People debate whether they are heavy hitters (and whether the Zenith is a log or logish). But they should provide quick enough extraction with my small loads. BTW I use the Mighty more than the DV because I like a more open draw.

GoldenBud

yeah the convection devices will take your higher and can cause more anxiety etc' haha (conduction devices will slightly 'roast' the herb before you inhale..)
but it saves more material other than mighty/vapcap in my opinion

Last edited:

Oil420FL

yeah the convection devices will take your higher and can cause more anxiety etc' haha
but it saves more material other than mighty/vapcap in my opinion
I always use capsules in my Mighty so I’m pushing it even more towards conduction. And with any device I take back to back hits until the bowl is cleared. So there’s no real “on demand” use for me with a convection device. I seem to have a sweet spot for amount of material regardless of device. I don’t have a problem with anxiety, mostly pain and insomnia.

Shit Snacks

I’m planning to get a GTR from Alan and a Zenith from CC (when my budget allows). People debate whether they are heavy hitters (and whether the Zenith is a log or logish). But they should provide quick enough extraction with my small loads. BTW I use the Mighty more than the DV because I like a more open draw.

Where is their debate over whether the Zenith and GTR are heavy hitters??? Both are technically logs just because of their shapes and style, GTR is more traditional log with extra size and heating mass with steel mesh, being glass on glass male or female connection, Zenith uses steel wire inside aluminum core with rubies instead so it is not as much of a traditional log and runs on a much lower power setting, however it is still an extremely heavy hitting injector ball vape... Otherwise yes lol

GoldenBud

Where is their debate over whether the Zenith and GTR are heavy hitters??? Both are technically logs just because of their shapes and style, GTR is more traditional log with extra size and heating mass with steel mesh, being glass on glass male or female connection, Zenith uses steel wire inside aluminum core with rubies instead so it is not as much of a traditional log and runs on a much lower power setting, however it is still an extremely heavy hitting injector ball vape... Otherwise yes lol
it is an heavy hitter depends who you ask.... GTR is a 10w vape, Zenith around 20w or less?
Herborizer is around 40W, Z8/ELEV8R all the PID vapes are 30w+ ?
Glass Symphony uses around 40W too...
so they hit harder and faster for sure.... than GTR/UD SC3+ / Alpha+

for microdosers GTR is a heavy hitter
also depends which temp
Zenith is anyway a heavy hitter i think, log next generation....

Shit Snacks

it is an heavy hitter depends who you ask.... GTR is a 10w vape, Zenith around 20w or less?
Herborizer is around 40W, Z8/ELEV8R all the PID vapes are 30w+ ?
Glass Symphony uses around 40W too...
so they hit harder and faster for sure.... than GTR/UD SC3+ / Alpha+

also depends which temp
Zenith is anyway a heavy hitter i think, log next generation....

Yeah I've used wattage to measure and refer to power levels for different portables, particularly in their different technology, however I never really thought of it as a point of comparison for the desktop vapes as well... Like the Zenith has specifically been engineered to use low power so it can run off a mod, but it is a baller vape it has a very large heater mass for very powerful dense hits, part of the reason I don't like mine as much as Atlas and Halo is that it is a bit too heavy hitting and not as good at milking the low temp flavors for me... GTR I consider a bit different it's true I don't know if I would put it in the same category per se, I see it as something unique, more of a log I suppose just different, and there really are so many different types of logs available now

GoldenBud

Yeah I've used wattage to measure and refer to power levels for different portables, particularly in their different technology, however I never really thought of it as a point of comparison for the desktop vapes as well... Like the Zenith has specifically been engineered to use low power so it can run off a mod, but it is a baller vape it has a very large heater mass for very powerful dense hits, part of the reason I don't like mine as much as Atlas and Halo is that it is a bit too heavy hitting and not as good at milking the low temp flavors for me... GTR I consider a bit different it's true I don't know if I would put it in the same category per se, I see it as something unique, more of a log I suppose just different, and there really are so many different types of logs available now
a lot depends on wattage/mass.. yea.. beads add mass and i think Atlas/Halo can bring terps on low temp?
just need to find that spot...
what is good about Zenith; wider airflow.. from few places.. turbulent..
a bit like HI log airflow..

Shit Snacks

a lot depends on wattage/mass.. yea.. beads add mass and i think Atlas/Halo can bring terps on low temp?
just need to find that spot...
what is good about Zenith; wider airflow.. from few places.. turbulent..

Yeah exactly the mass more than the wattage really as long as it can keep up as needed, Atlas and Halo can do good at upper levels too, it's the difference of materials I think, Zenith has more metal in the experience, I'm not sure about the airflow there are so many variables otherwise like the bowl and screens and herbs and glass

GoldenBud

Yeah exactly the mass more than the wattage really as long as it can keep up as needed, Atlas and Halo can do good at upper levels too, it's the difference of materials I think, Zenith has more metal in the experience, I'm not sure about the airflow there are so many variables otherwise like the bowl and screens and herbs and glass
yeah like few years ago i didn't understand how people can vape with 335F temps with the Supreme v3 for example...
then i realized big mass, high wattage, bowl is pretty much closer to the heater = very low temp 335F with huge clouds:

so if a vape has less power, less mass, and the bowl is not too close... that's where the temp should be raised up.... depends on airflow too....

Shit Snacks

yeah like few years ago i didn't understand how people can vape with 335F temps with the Supreme v3 for example...
then i realized big mass, high wattage, bowl is pretty much closer to the heater = very low temp 335F with huge clouds:

so if a vape has less power, less mass, and the bowl is not too close... that's where the temp should be raised up.... depends on airflow too....

Yeah totally, just look at the TM ripping huge clouds at the bottom of the dial, low temp large mass is so delicious, it's true

Oil420FL

Where is their debate over whether the Zenith and GTR are heavy hitters???
I wasn’t clear, some question whether Zenith is a log since not designed to be left on. Some question whether GTR has the mass to be in the same category as ball vape type heavy hitters. But that’s splitting hairs IMHO. Which is a segue to
And since my average bowl is about 0.08gm it should be a good fit for me. Appreciate the comments about Zenith air flow. Re low temp terps from Atlas/Halo: If only I could afford one of them, too.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Zenith is a beast...most people will not need something stronger....the beads help a lot to... instead of 40W it can be 18W vape and the beads carry a lot of heat...
TM @ 8 helps me with the lower back pain which came to say hi today.... after a year... GO... damn but also Advil helps

Top Bottom