Upgrade with quick extraction

Oil420FL

-Hard hitter = temps above 400.
-Vape that reliably keeps you under 392 = good flavor without hard hits.
Amen. Harder Hitting usually means runs hotter than whatever vape the person is comparing. When I run my TM2 hot enough to medicate as well as my Mighty+, I have to run it through water and then there’s not a huge difference in flavor.

And imho most units temp control is so approximate that the DV click is just as reliable. My DV with induction heater hits harder than anything else I’ve tried under $200 that doesn’t use a torch.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Harder Hitting usually means runs hotter than whatever vape the person is comparing.
Why do you think that? Maybe that's true when you compare similar devices, like two conduction heavy portables. But it also has to do with the quickness of extraction, and heat doesn't necessarily play a part in that. Think of tha ball vapes that quite a lot of people are converting to because of harder hits. The balls don't cause a higher temp, but a better heat retention.

And imho most units temp control is so approximate that the DV click is just as reliable.

If by temp control you mean that the user setting isn't that accurate, I agree. But there's great difference in the quality of the controllers used in vapes to correct for example temp drops caused by inhaling. A good controller (paired with a strong enough heater) will also give a harder hit without need to raise temp. (Can't compare anything with DV though because I haven't used that a lot)

My DV with induction heater hits harder than anything else I’ve tried under $200 that doesn’t use a torch.

Yeah torch vapes are hard to beat as portable, I think the first (available) hard hitting battery portable that can compete is TM.

sickmanfraud

First of all, there is still a Woodscents lite.

I think you should consider an OG Tinymight. At $250 it is over your target, but it is a great vape and has very fast extractions.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Why do you think that? Maybe that's true when you compare similar devices, like two conduction heavy portables. But it also has to do with the quickness of extraction, and heat doesn't necessarily play a part in that. Think of tha ball vapes that quite a lot of people are converting to because of harder hits. The balls don't cause a higher temp, but a better heat retention.
I'm gonna have to question that one. What temp are the balls running at? I thought the balls are in the 500? Isn't that high temp. Even then you are pulling +400 degree air through for extraction. The balls retain high heat over draw I thought that's how they work

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm gonna have to question that one. What temp are the balls running at? I thought the balls are in the 500? Isn't that high temp. Even then you are pulling +400 degree air through for extraction. The balls retain high heat over draw I thought that's how they work

You can run them at whatever temperature you want? My ball vapes are not e-nail driven, there is no temperature setting it's all volts and watts, but I can run them below 400, with my own trial and error I know what's right... You do not need to run a ball vape at a high temp, the benefit is that it is a large mass heater with good heat retention, the air flow through it has a lot of little pockets with a lot of little heat, having larger heating elements like this with good heat retention helps create denser vapor even at the low temperature extractions

Last edited:

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

You can run them at whatever temperature you want? My ball vapes are not e-nail driven, there is no temperature setting it's all volts and watts, but I can run them below 400, with my own trial and error I know what's right... You do not need to run a ball vape at a high temp, the benefit is that it is a large mass heater with good heat retention, the air flow through it has a lot of little pockets with a lot of little heat, having a larger heating elements like this with good heat retention helps create denser vapor even at the low temperature extractions
While I agree with you I don't think that's why people are switching to balls. I have yet to see anyone enjoying a session on a ball vape, I see it used for clearing large loads quickly. Quick and heavy is not something I associate with -400 degrees

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
While I agree with you I don't think that's why people are switching to balls. I have yet to see anyone enjoying a session on a ball vape, I see it used for clearing large loads quickly. Quick and heavy is not something I associate with -400 degrees
I suppose it depends on what you mean by a session in this case. But I often run through a bowl slowly with my Atlas. It's easy to do one-and-done, but not required. I don't temp step because that is tedious, but I do like to chill with a bowl for a few hits.
I do not leave the vape on the bowl in between hits for obvious safety reasons.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

when it's 500F, it's not too close to the bowl. the air isn't 500F i think, or maybe it is, with fast draw and then the bowl is not 500F in real life
That's my point, the balls are hot, I move the air 1-2 inches to extract, wouldn't the air still be hot... I thought I needed around 400 degrees to extract quickly? I'm not going to be extracting vary fast or efficiently at 300

@Grass Yes I get u can use them for you want but the op was about upgrading to a quick extraction, I imagined that means finishing the load quickly

Last edited:
Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Shit Snacks

I don't think you have the ability to declare why people are switching to balls?

You see that, perhaps because you are watching videos, where they like to show that??

You absolutely can turn them down to take many hits, they are very versatile, I use mine every which way... The type of bowl you are using, the distance between the vape and the load, there are a lot of factors and it is nowhere near as simple as needing 400° to extract quickly... You seem to be stuck on these numbers

And yes you can do quick extractions without going super high temp with great density and flavor... Maybe you shouldn't talk so definitively about them if you don't have the direct experience with any of them?

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

I don't think you have the ability to declare why people are switching to balls?

You see that, perhaps because you are watching videos, where they like to show that??

You absolutely can turn them down to take many hits, they are very versatile, I use mine every which way... The type of bowl you are using, the distance between the vape and the load, there are a lot of factors and it is nowhere near as simple as needing 400° to extract quickly...

And yes you can do quick extractions without going super high temp with great density and flavor... Maybe you shouldn't talk so definitively about them if you don't have the direct experience with any of them?
Ooo sassy. So break it down for my simple brain. How do I extract my herb at low temp?

And make it about quick extraction because that where op started

GoldenBud

That's my point, the balls are hot, I move the air 1-2 inches to extract, wouldn't the air still be hot... I thought I needed around 400 degrees to extract quickly? I'm not going to be extracting vary fast or efficiently at 300
but it's based on the equation of
Q=m(dot)*cp*dT
Q for power,
the mass(dot) is very high like in the elev8r, heater+balls weigh something like 12gr++ (the heater is 8gr~ i think)
(cp of glass and ss316 differances are not so dramatic like the mass differences like 753 for glass vs 460 for ss316)

coils weigh way less
and the Q is higher than log or something, like 40W or so, log is 10W, so the temp can be higher than coil only devices
so dt (delta Temp) can be higher

so that's why ELEV8R can be even on 550F, and the bowl can be even closer to the heater, because the m(dot) is higher but the cp of glass is lower than stainless steel !!! so dT must be higher!!!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Ooo sassy. So break it down for my simple brain. How do I extract my herb at low temp?

And make it about quick extraction because that where op started

I mean I asked you pretty basic questions, were they at all misinformed?

Your question here sounds basic I suppose, but I almost wouldn't even begin to answer it, because the answer is self-evident??

"How do I extract my herb at low temp? And make it about quick extraction"

Like for real, you figure out what the low temp is for you with your vape, you set it there with long heat soak, you load the proper size bowl for a quick one hit extraction, and you take one big rip with long deep inhale...

Sorry to presume the above would not need to be said???

Here's something else I alluded to, the temperature settings are often very relative and subjective with pure convection devices, so just because you have a device set high, and you use it to finish in one hit, you weren't necessarily above 400 even if the setting was... There are way too many variables in how you load and hit and more

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

While I agree with you I don't think that's why people are switching to balls. I have yet to see anyone enjoying a session on a ball vape, I see it used for clearing large loads quickly.

Op's premisse was:

Harder Hitting usually means runs hotter than whatever vape the person is comparing.

The ball vapes heating method (the strengths mentioned by @Shit Snacks) have nothing to do with running hotter.

Quick and heavy is not something I associate with -400 degrees

A device with a strong heater and good heat retention, in particular convection vapes, can extract quite successfully and quick at low temps. With TM2 at 3 I can extract most in say 4 hits, at 4 in 2. Higher in 1.

Shit Snacks

Your right man I misunderstood the word quickly

Yeah, with a desktop like these you are keeping it plugged in warmed up ready to go... True with a portable device that is instant on demand, at the low temp depending on the heater size, might not be able to get you the same place... That's the point about these ball vapes, you can have very large effective heater the way the air flows through all the hot parts retaining their heat, set it at a low temp it will do better with the much larger heater and can quick extract more effectively (for example, Tetra P80, if you want to set it low, you're going to need to do longer heat soak cruising and maybe inhale slower, but if you want a quicker rip you just said it higher, the temperature settings are not necessarily precise based on how you use it, + chamber and pathway)

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Yeah, with a desktop like these you are keeping it plugged in warmed up ready to go... True with a portable device that is instant on demand, at the low temp depending on the heater size, might not be able to get you the same place... That's the point about these ball vapes, you can have very large effective heater the way the air flows through all the hot parts retaining their heat, set it at a low temp it will do better with the much larger heater and can quick extract more effectively (for example, Tetra P80, if you want to set it low, you're going to need to do longer heat soak cruising and maybe inhale slower, but if you want a quicker rip you just said it higher, the temperature settings are not necessarily precise based on how you use it, + chamber and pathway)
That's kinda what I'm trying to get at. The tinymight is what I call quickly. You hold the button 10 seconds later vapor. I know you can keep a ball vape on which means it's already to temp but if you have to let the chamber preheat too I just don't consider that quick

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Shit Snacks

That's kinda what I'm trying to get at. The tinymight is what I call quickly. You hold the button 10 seconds later vapor. I know you can keep a ball vape on which means it's already to temp but if you have to let the chamber preheat too I just don't consider that quick

Yeah the point is it would have already been on, also with halogen, the heat up is very quick for a plug-in vape, 5 minutes or less, but yeah you cannot compare a desktop, when it's always on, or whatever, to a portable that is instant on essentially... You can once they are both on then they are both quick, I mean these are all semantics, bottom line it doesn't help the OP really, they have to decide if they want portable or plugin, the distinction that plug-in vapes are almost always equilibrium needing to warm up to a certain setting and then can be used continuously... Portables might be instant but then you have batteries to contend with, there's a lot of different factors here.

Point being you do not need high temp to extract quickly necessarily!

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Yeah the point is it would have already been on, also with halogen, the heat up is very quick for a plug-in vape, 5 minutes or less, but yeah you cannot compare a desktop, when it's always on, or whatever, to a portable that is instant on essentially... You can once they are both on then they are both quick, I mean these are all semantics, bottom line it doesn't help the OP really, they have to decide if they want portable or plugin, the distinction that plug-in vapes are almost always equilibrium needing to warm up to a certain setting and then can be used continuously... Portables might be instant but then you have batteries to contend with, there's a lot of different factors here.

Point being you do not need high temp to extract quickly necessarily!
I guess I just look at extracting as the whole process. Starting from loading to emptying. Heat soak and multiple pulls is not what I consider quick. Quick is slamming through a load as fast as possible. load, rip, empty.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Shit Snacks

I guess I just look at extracting as the whole process. Starting from loading to emptying. Heat soak and multiple pulls is not what I consider quick. Quick is slamming through a load as fast as possible. load, rip, empty.

Again, it's possible to do that at a lower temp, if you have a large enough heating element, and all of those pretty much are plugged in and take a little time to warm up from cold and are left on for extended periods of time when hot... aka ball vapes

And something like the TM, you can think of the temp dial, as a controller for extraction speed basically (TP80 you can think of the temp as how much heat soak is required)

Shit Snacks,

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Again, it's possible to do that at a lower temp, if you have a large enough heating element, and all of those pretty much are plugged in and take a little time to warm up from cold and are left on for extended periods of time when hot... aka ball vapes

And something like the TM, you can think of the temp dial, as a controller for extraction speed basically (TP80 you can think of the temp as how much heat soak is required)
Break it down for me. What's the heat soak time and temps you running. I genuinely wanna learn. How quick is it run through your session?

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Shit Snacks

Break it down for me. What's the heat soak time and temps you running. I genuinely wanna learn. How quick is it run through your session?

For the Tetra? For the Halo or Atlas or Zenith? They're all different, and I don't time them all precisely or calculate the temps for my plugins, I'm just saying it's possible... but I can and do one hitter bowls all the time

Shit Snacks

Sorry thought we were talking about ball vapes

Yeah but I used Tetra as an example with temp settings, I have not measured precise temperatures, I don't care about that, I focus on the extraction based off the power levels to determine what feels right for me with the specific herbs and bowls at the time etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom