Underdog Log Vapes

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My Sunday morning session....

LFckX73.jpg

Commander Cody

Dogs love cars!!

As long as you get the 12v (about) you're all good
Just a word of caution about plugging into a car's power port. No problems if the car is not running and is set on accessories. This will send about 12.4 volts into your dog (just about what a wall wart puts out at home). However, when the car is running it can send 14.5 volts (or more) into your dog. This can make the dog run WAY too hot.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Yeah, that kind of looks like a very small version of the FC-UFO........do you remember what store and approximately when you purchased it? Maybe they might have begun making them again
It's from pipesdaddy.com they are closed now. This was a very popular bubbler, you might get lucky by putting a want to buy ad in the classifieds. It's known by many as the pipesdaddy "Infamous" bubbler.

Last edited:

drewper

Very nice. Where did you get that bubbler and mouthpiece? I like how small that looks.
If you're reading through the cheap glass pages, I'm sure you've seen these but they're solid for what they are. Not much to cry over if your buddy breaks it. Both have pretty enthusiastic attempts at knocking off Möbius percs. I love mine for travel, etc.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-bubbler-bong-hand-blown-glass-bubbler/175832535.html#pd-019

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/235948065.html#pd-019

bounce5

If you're reading through the cheap glass pages, I'm sure you've seen these but they're solid for what they are. Not much to cry over if your buddy breaks it. Both have pretty enthusiastic attempts at knocking off Möbius percs. I love mine for travel, etc.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-bubbler-bong-hand-blown-glass-bubbler/175832535.html#pd-019

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/235948065.html#pd-019

Thanks. I'm looking for something tinier to hide in a case that when in the case could be passed off for electronics.

virtualpurple

Would a Hydratube like this http://imgur.com/xb7aFEw work with our dogs?

You can do it but you do run the risk of your herb falling into the Heater. And the stems will likely have a bit of wobble so you definitely couldn't safely leave the hydratube on the UD without both hands. It just ends up being so much simpler to invert the UD on top of a bubbler in my experience. I have tried with both my EVO straight hydratube and my F-bomb.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I totally agree with @Verax on the Dog being a bit special & having personality. Due to my exchange rate being fucked it was only a small amount more to get a Evo but I wanted something with class & a bit different. Different is exactly what I got & there is only one one like mine in the world.

I was thinking of getting this as a small bubbler for $65Au but it may be a waste of money as I intend on getting a nice dedicated 14mm bubbler in the coming months.

http://www.beefysbongs.com.au/jelly-joker-bubbler/

Jelly_Joker_Bubbler_glass_bong_Australia__84053.1448754838.1280.1280.jpg

Verax

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Dog now Vape Dr!

I think I've said this before but I'll say it again since I can't stress it enough... A cap isn't something we'd do (or support someone else doing) as the Dog requires that air flow to keep it's temperature inside it's designed range. Without the air flow it will heat up to the point of damaging itself and is a safety hazard.

I'm assuming that the copper aromatherapy cap is an exception? When I'm heating my dog up, I have been putting my aromatherapy thimble on top, to get some nice essential oils diffusing while I'm heating up before a session. (while at the same time, trapping some heat in) I would assume that falls in line with regular usage? Or is there a notion that past a certain point (like 10v?), that the unit would need to "breath" more?

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I'm assuming that the copper aromatherapy cap is an exception? When I'm heating my dog up, I have been putting my aromatherapy thimble on top, to get some nice essential oils diffusing while I'm heating up before a session. (while at the same time, trapping some heat in) I would assume that falls in line with regular usage? Or is there a notion that past a certain point (like 10v?), that the unit would need to "breath" more?
I would think that the copper aroma vessel w/oil is actually helping to draw & disperse heat upward and outward via heat transference rather than trap.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Yeah, that might be true.

I'll run some experiments with my digital thermometer, and timing from a cold start, and see after 10 min, which way is hotter
Great! Are you able to secure the temp probe against the heater rod without making contact with, and distanced from, the copper cup? Close probe proximity to the cup will likely give off a skewed residual additive/subtractive heat reading. Less accurate but also telling might be a wood temp measurement on the outer circumference located central to the heater rod vertical length. I think a general idea might be good enough to satisfy curiosity.

Verax

Great! Are you able to secure the temp probe against the heater rod without making contact with, and distanced from, the copper cup? Close probe proximity to the cup will likely give off a skewed residual additive/subtractive heat reading. Less accurate but also telling might be a wood temp measurement on the outer circumference located central to the heater rod vertical length. I think a general idea might be good enough to satisfy curiosity.

I've got a laser thermometer. a little less accurate maybe, but I can pinpoint any spot I want. I was planning on aiming straight down the middle, and reading the mesh screen in the heater.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I've got a laser thermometer.......
........ I was planning on aiming straight down the middle, and reading the mesh screen in the heater.
Might not work if you have the type of laser thermo' that doesn't actually read in perfect axis with the laser dot (do any?)
I think most simply have the laser pointed where the temp reading is taken, but the reading can be off if you're the wrong distance from the object, 'cos the two spots only 'meet' at a particular distance.
Temp probe and laser are separate, so you'd likely just read the outside/tip of the heater if the laser is pointing straight down at the screen.

Sorry, not very coherent, vaked, and......late

Snappo

Accessory Maker
OK, start temp was 70, set voltage at 12.5, 10 minute timer, no cap, end temp was 110. Will report back after cool/reheat with cap. :)
If I recall my dumb dumb physics classes, heat sink transference increases exponentially as temps rise. So, bare rod readings at such low temps may not mean much relative to the question at hand. IDK...

Top Bottom