• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
@darkrom maybe @DDave might have some insight into the 18mm GonG. The 18mm direct draw wand included in his LSV mod kit is the closest thing to an 18mm GonG. DDave's direct draw has too large of a diameter for the standard cores. It does however form a decent seal with an O-ring around an aircore. Since the diameter is larger, larger basket screens are needed. I haven't found a great solution to shape just the right size yet.It seems like the only modification this stem would need to to have a (slightly?) smaller diameter if possible.

oVNA2Ra.jpg

BXbZJqX.jpg

Bdubyaa

What does everyone use to store their stem's / Dogs? I was thinking about getting a Pelican 1120, wondering if there are better options out there with keeping the cost down. I have to store my gear in the garage so I like the protection of the pelican case.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
What does everyone use to store their stem's / Dogs? I was thinking about getting a Pelican 1120, wondering if there are better options out there with keeping the cost down. I have to store my gear in the garage so I like the protection of the pelican case.

I've used a lot of Pelicans over the years and find these to be just about as good of quality at a fraction of the price and have used several of the sizes. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24125 :2c:

NickDlow

Log Hog

http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?w=Weatherproof+

I have 3 different sizes and use these for my glass too. @underdog put me on to these. They're not perfect, I've notice minor defects but nothing that affects their performance. (peeling rubber grip) but for the price they can't be beat. I believe their cases are on Amazon too. I'll take pics of them when I get a chance.

Ya beat me Dave lol

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@darkrom maybe @DDave might have some insight into the 18mm GonG. The 18mm direct draw wand included in his LSV mod kit is the closest thing to an 18mm GonG. DDave's direct draw has too large of a diameter for the standard cores. It does however form a decent seal with an O-ring around an aircore. Since the diameter is larger, larger basket screens are needed. I haven't found a great solution to shape just the right size yet.It seems like the only modification this stem would need to to have a (slightly?) smaller diameter if possible.

oVNA2Ra.jpg

BXbZJqX.jpg

@srama21 are you saying if I made the wand shorter, it would work as the gong you seek? If yes, how long on the wand end from where the ground glass ends?

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
@DDave no, the length is fine, the diameter of the non-ground end needs to be smaller so it can fit snugly around the UD heating element. The direct draw non-ground end from the LSV mod kit has a diameter of about 1.5 cm which would need to be about 1.2 cm to work as the 18mm gong we seek. @underdog does that sound about right on the diameter of a glass stem?

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I drilled holes in a piece of 2x4 and set them in there. I'll try to post a pic at some time.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have been thinking a lot about how to easily store all my daily vape pieces & need to find a nice piece of wood & drill some holes of varying sizes. Something say 3x6" & at least 1" thick. If it was stepped even better. The hardest part would be accessing the tools as cutting some wood square & drilling holes with a drill press is not difficult. Finishing it to a high standard may be a different story but I am thinking of contacting a local wood turner on Ebay & seeing if they can sort me out.

I currently use a plastic clay piece I made for my Air but it works just as good for most of my UD short stems & I have a glass tray next to it for D/D stems etc.

9fyTW8tl.jpg

I have also been looking at getting a new bubbler but am struggling to find one I will like significantly better than the one I am using for general vaping. Do most UD users find 14mm pieces work best or do you use an adapter or just the 18mm NonG's?

NickDlow

Log Hog
http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?w=Weatherproof+

I have 3 different sizes and use these for my glass too. @underdog put me on to these. They're not perfect, I've notice minor defects but nothing that affects their performance. (peeling rubber grip) but for the price they can't be beat. I believe their cases are on Amazon too. I'll take pics of them when I get a chance.

Ya beat me Dave lol

And now some pics.
The small is 9"x7"x4" with cubed foam and two latches. This carries 2 mini dogs, 18/14mm WonG, BPVK/cable and a jhook by @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd. This is my travel case.
I7cFD59.jpg

The medium case is 14.5"x10.5"x6 and has cubed foam with two latches also. This I use for my errlectric gear and one glass piece. The largest is 22.5"x16.5"x8.5 the foam is also cubed and it comes with a top layer of foam too.
k2A0rei.jpg

(Measurements are of the outter dimensions)

Last edited:

Bdubyaa

I've used a lot of Pelicans over the years and find these to be just about as good of quality at a fraction of the price and have used several of the sizes. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24125 :2c:
@underdog They look great! However, the shipping cost kills the saving. I can get a similar sized pelican shipped for the same price, I could be wrong but the pelican's seem like a sturdier box.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@underdog They look great! However, the shipping cost kills the saving. I can get a similar sized pelican shipped for the same price, I could be wrong but the pelican's seem like a sturdier box.

Ah, good point. I didn't think about the shipping cost because I've always ordered them when I was getting a bunch of other (bulky) stuff at the same time. Ordered alone I can see that they do lose their value. The Pelicans are a better made box as well as you already noted. :tup:

Rab

And now some pics.
The small is 9"x7"x4" with cubed foam and two latches. This carries 2 mini dogs, 18/14mm WonG, BPVK/cable and a jhook by @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd. This is my travel case.
I7cFD59.jpg

The medium case is 14.5"x10.5"x6 and has cubed foam with two latches also. This I use for my errlectric gear and one glass piece. The largest is 22.5"x16.5"x8.5 the foam is also cubed and it comes with a top layer of foam too.
k2A0rei.jpg

(Measurements are of the outter dimensions)

This must be how secret agents get high.

Vape Dr.

Hey guys, I wanted to thank everyone again for all your help getting me rockin the UD properly. After several days I feel so much more comfortable using it and I am getting great results.

I had thought maybe my core was going bad that was why I was getting sporadic results. I had got it used so you take your chances.

So I decided to test the heater core with a thermometer. I don't know if its accurate because the only way I could think of was this.

What a happy surprise when it settled at exactly 420F!
The thing is I don't know if the aluminum foil increased the temperature by trapping the heat or not, I think it kinda had to.

This brought up another thought. I have been keeping the top capped with foil when heating it up. It seems to heat faster, but that may just be me wanting it to.

However if it did indeed help the UD heat up faster by not allowing heat to escape, do you think UD could/should make a silicone cap to accelerate the heat up time? It would also keep the core clean and safe. The colors would have to compliment the wood of course. Just a thought while messing around.

Thanks again guys for all your help!
I enjoy my UD so much I have a few other logs coming from an awesome FC member!:rockon:

Top Bottom