Underdog Log Vapes

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
My dog arrived :D It's raining out so indoor photo's only , but he's BEAUTIFUL :bowdown: I wanna thank @underdog @underdogette and @Snappo again:clap::tup: I'll take him for a test spin soon;)
2ai524n.jpg

o5ambo.jpg

2ueny2p.jpg

4g6c6q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, we're back from our travels and are even mostly caught up on the backlog of work that piles up when we take even a day off.. I think there's 1 order that didn't ship today but will tomorrow. Emails we're mostly caught up on as well but there might be a straggler or two that we're still working on. Thanks for being patient and waiting for responses while we were away for the weekend.

Looks like there are some Sierra Nevada fans out there.. maybe we should have an Underdog meetup at the brewery one of these days - good people, good beer, good food. :cool:

@ VaporsVaporizer - that's a pretty Pup you've got there, hope you enjoy it! :)

Alright y'all I'm going to punch out a little early and go sit in front of the AC for a while, it was 100°+ most of the day in the shop so I'm worn out and need a break. :freak:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
So I just got word @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd finished getting the UD stems ready to rock and roll!! If you didn't knew he's been doing custom glass stems for other log vapes and I was extremely interested. Of course now that my dog is across the country they're available. I guess that means I better get my shit together!

This is what he has on hand but he'll do whatever you want!

catbird

hyperconscious
Lately it seems like my underdog is running hotter than it was, and not because I am using higher voltage settings. Wondering what could be going on, and if others have experienced this. Thanks!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Cool man im waitin on mine now shipped out today. How do you kno when its ready to use im sure ill learn through use, just tryin go at with some knowledge
Just give it a guesstimate and take a test rip. Can't hurt right? Welcome to the dog pack! I'll be back in the pack soon!
Get a vvps, residential electric is like the internet, the less people on it the hotter it gets.
i think he/she has one.. I'm unsure though so I dunno why I posted this.

Edit-simultaneous post

catbird

hyperconscious
Wasn't sure and didn't want to offend :)
Have you been grinding differently or packing differently? Maybe knocked your UD funny?

Appreciated! So I don't use a grinder with the underdog, I crush up flowers with my fingers, and I don't pack my stems tight, and I only sometimes pack them all the way, usually only partially. All this has been consistent since I got it, though. It hasn't experienced serious trauma, like I can't recall any noteworthy droppage, but it kinda lives in my nightstand and assists when I experience sleeplessness and such, so it's hazy. I think it has fallen over and rolled onto the bed, so I guess knocked funny can't be ruled out. I don't even know that what I'm observing is necessarily a problem, it just seems to feel significantly hotter in my hands than it used to, and I want to make sure I don't harm it by running it too hot. An obvious solution would be to just dial down the VVPS, but I'm curious about why it would start running hotter. Of course, it's also possible that I'm hallucinating this, though I tend to think that about things, and I'm usually not. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: oh yeah, and like today I observed that it felt hotter after I heated it up and before I used it, just by holding, so before I loaded a stem and took a draw, so at least that experience can't be impacted by grind/packing/clogged screen...

Last edited:

drewper

Appreciated! So I don't use a grinder with the underdog, I crush up flowers with my fingers, and I don't pack my stems tight, and I only sometimes pack them all the way, usually only partially. All this has been consistent since I got it, though. It hasn't experienced serious trauma, like I can't recall any noteworthy droppage, but it kinda lives in my nightstand and assists when I experience sleeplessness and such, so it's hazy. I think it has fallen over and rolled onto the bed, so I guess knocked funny can't be ruled out. I don't even know that what I'm observing is necessarily a problem, it just seems to feel significantly hotter in my hands than it used to, and I want to make sure I don't harm it by running it too hot. An obvious solution would be to just dial down the VVPS, but I'm curious about why it would start running hotter. Of course, it's also possible that I'm hallucinating this, though I tend to think that about things, and I'm usually not. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: oh yeah, and like today I observed that it felt hotter after I heated it up and before I used it, just by holding, so before I loaded a stem and took a draw, so at least that experience can't be impacted by grind/packing/clogged screen...
Just dial your vvps down by small degrees until the hit feels right to you. I've never filtered my power through a vvps and I've combusted in conditions like fated describes...heavy restriction, heavy draw, big pack. Regardless of your expectation of where the temp should be when at certain voltages, back it down to get it where you want it by small incriments

drewper,
Reactions: catbird

catbird

hyperconscious
Just dial your vvps down by small degrees until the hit feels right to you. I've never filtered my power through a vvps and I've combusted in conditions like fated describes...heavy restriction, heavy draw, big pack. Regardless of your expectation of where the temp should be when at certain voltages, back it down to get it where you want it by small incriments
Yes, I am doing that, and will have to find my preferred temp again. I guess my concern is about Dave's maintenance guidelines. Like if 12.8 is hotter than it's meant to be... But that's me being compulsive, I can certainly adjust max voltage and standing voltage by feel well enough. Thanks!

catbird,

drewper

Yes, I am doing that, and will have to find my preferred temp again. I guess my concern is about Dave's maintenance guidelines. Like if 12.8 is hotter than it's meant to be... But that's me being compulsive, I can certainly adjust max voltage and standing voltage by feel well enough. Thanks!
Yeah man, just find your sweet spot

drewper,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Lately it seems like my underdog is running hotter than it was, and not because I am using higher voltage settings. Wondering what could be going on, and if others have experienced this. Thanks!

Higher ambient temperatures? I've noticed my dog feels different to touch with different ambient temps. Also check the resistance of your resistor .. it should be right around 20 ohms.

MileHighLife,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

Since you're using a VVPS you can probably rule out a voltage change causing a rise in heat but there are a few possible things it could be, or it's possible that it just feels hotter but actually isn't. Late here and I'm tired after a long day but I'll throw some ideas out below..

Voltage wise 12.8v isn't too high for the vape, it might be too hot but the voltage isn't too high if that makes sense. For sake of comparison the stock wall-wart runs the UD at near max power and puts out 13.25v approximately.

The way the heating elements work if there is a problem there will be a decrease in heat not an increase so you don't have to worry about any kind of fault in that regard.

Cord length will affect the heat, the longer the cord the cooler the vape will run. If you'd been using it with say a 20' extension and you changed to a 6' one you'd probably notice an increase in temp for example.

Heat up time will make a difference if you've got any variation there. For example at 13v an UD might feel 'warm' after being on for 1hr but after being on for 3hrs would probably feel quite hot.

Ambient temperature can make a difference as well, more so than one might think.

The surface on which the vape is sitting can also make a difference. Sitting on a tile counter-top for example might cause the Dog to feel cooler than if it were sitting on a wooden table.

Not sure if any of those possibilities applies to your situation but figured I'd throw them out there just in case. I find myself adjusting my voltage with the Dog I'm currently using between 12.6v and 12.9v depending on some of the above factors while using a 6' cord (just to give you a comparison scenario). :2c:

Top Bottom