Underdog Log Vapes

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thats a nice looking pack you have there sethhobrin. That cocobolo is a beautiful piece.

I received my new pup in the mail today and once again Dave has outdone himself....

img8063w.jpg

img8064s.jpg

img8066z.jpg

img8067v.jpg

And here is what my evening will look like.....

img8068l.jpg

I've already taken this pup for a walk and she is quite the sweet girl. Not as hot as I thought she was going to be which is kind of a pleasant surprise. Every hit till the end is full of flavor and the ABV is coming out a even brown... Two thumbs up :bowdown:

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks HES, we just got a new camera and I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try it out.

Dave, the lines and colors on this piece continue to amaze me. The green is also starting to come out in the wood just like you said. It's too bad only a few more Lignum Vitae pieces will come down the line. It is truly a beautiful wood.

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good to see some new wood-shots finally! Love the color as well as the grains on your latest pack-member Gonzo, do enjoy :tup:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

that lignum vitae really looks beautifull

I had a bit too much to drink last night so now I'm vaping the slight hangover-like effects a way, should've calculated in that I haven't drank more than 1 beer in a while...(usually about 1 night of more drinking each month, other weeks it's just 1-2 beers on saturdaynight, but this time I haven't drank more than 1-2 in 2 months and haven't drank anything the past 2-3 weeks)
luckily my dog does a great job, took sme out of the stashcompartment of my dugout, wich is almost empty so there was a whole rim stuck at the top made up of kief and fine plantmatter, so this stem keeps on giving pretty long:)

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ok, I received my dimmer switch today and I think you need to return yours Hazy. It works perfect icw my 13,8V PSU.

Below 6V it is really hard to find a specific voltage, but beyond that it's no problem at all. I almost have to turn my dial an entire cm to go from 12V to 13V.

To get down from maximum to 12V takes me 3 times times the length of the unexposed part of the dial on the side, or 3 thumb movements. I think that would be a safe place to start experimenting for anyone who wants to try it, although I only have one so I can't be sure this will be the same with everyone of them. Best way to make sure is if you have a volt meter of your own of course, Alan just posted a cheap alternative for that in the power supply thread for anyone that's interested, although I think we're still waiting on his reply for a source.

Here's where I got my dimmer anyways: ebay link

edit: Alan just posted some more info on the cheap voltage meters. I recommend this one for EU people because I like the enclosing and the little cap, but there are more options on ebay.

It's still just a voltmeter though, you could just order this instead for a little more.. :)

another edit: Crap, I found an even cheaper one, lol

OhTheAgony,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i can't get over how much i love my UD! i don't think it could've came at a better time too. i was able to pick up some L.A. Confidential over the weekend and i think this is my favorite strain in a very long time. i must not get indica's or good indica's often because this is perfect for me. gives me the nice stoned sleepy effect that i love since i usually vape right before bed. this strain combined with the UD makes for a great time with every stem.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Ok, I received my dimmer switch today and I think you need to return yours Hazy. It works perfect icw my 13,8V PSU.

Below 6V it is really hard to find a specific voltage, but beyond that it's no problem at all. I almost have to turn my dial an entire cm to go from 12V to 13V.

To get down from maximum to 12V takes me 3 times times the length of the unexposed part of the dial on the side, or 3 thumb movements.
That's great news. Seems like that is the way it should work. I'll contact the seller and see if they will send me a new one, as mine is basically unusable. I suppose it's always a gamble with this cheap Chinese stuff. I've also ordered one of the larger dimmers, hopefully that will work properly as well.

hazy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Some additional info I just posted in the PSU thread too:

Apparently my 13,8V is not a regulated PSU. I get variations up to a volt on the spot I had marked as 12V. Only upwards though, the voltage was never lower at the marked spot when I measured it for some reason.

With my regulated PSU it's pretty much dead on every time, but you'd really need some kinda voltage read out with a unregulated power supply if you want precise control.

A regulated PSU would be the simplest solution of course, but would that larger dimmer you ordered perhaps have enough room to build one of those digital voltmeters Allan posted in the casing? Link perhaps?

Perhaps we should keep this topic to the other thread from now one btw, seems simpler that way.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Happy easter Underdogs!

Why are things so quiet around here?

I had already 'finished' one chord for my UD (cable breakage), so yesterday I've cut my way to long extension chord in half to make a new one out of it for my variable PSU. But with that display I can see when I make a connection and when not, and those prong-less plugs are really fucking flimsy man.

Dave, I know you're really busy and possibly even hungover right now if all went well yesterday (gin seems to be a favored beverage among log-vape creators :tup: ), but do you think you could possibly have some of these sockets and/or plugs made magnetic like those Apple McBook power chords?

I'm this close to breaking open my UD to solder a wire to it, just to be done with this bloody bad connection and plugs slipping out *shakes fist*

/rant

edit: Oh crap, what the heck. Super glue ftw, lol

I hope I won't regret this but it's nice and snug now at least. This old dog probably doesn't have that long to live anyways, at least it won't get yelled at anymore on it's last days now :tup:

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Have you tried one of these? I think it's expensive for what it is, but it fits my PD more tightly than any of my other plugs.

hazy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Do you have any idea why those fit tighter than others?

I'll bring my UD to a local electronics store next week to see what he has in stock first, but if doesn't have anything tight I'll order a few of those. I already broke the glue again, but the residue does make it fit it a bit tighter. Perhaps I should just ad a few more layers :D

Still love my magnet idea though :nod:

edit:

This is the female plug on my dimmer switch. It also fits male 2,1/5,5mm plugs really tight.

scaled.php

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Happy easter Underdogs!

Why are things so quiet around here?

I had already 'finished' one chord for my UD (cable breakage), so yesterday I've cut my way to long extension chord in half to make a new one out of it for my variable PSU. But with that display I can see when I make a connection and when not, and those prong-less plugs are really fucking flimsy man.

Dave, I know you're really busy and possibly even hungover right now if all went well yesterday (gin seems to be a favored beverage among log-vape creators :tup: ), but do you think you could possibly have some of these sockets and/or plugs made magnetic like those Apple McBook power chords?

I'm this close to breaking open my UD to solder a wire to it, just to be done with this bloody bad connection and plugs slipping out *shakes fist*

/rant

edit: Oh crap, what the heck. Super glue ftw, lol

I hope I won't regret this but it's nice and snug now at least. This old dog probably doesn't have that long to live anyways, at least it won't get yelled at anymore on it's last days now :tup:

I think things are quiet around here because you guys can sense my pounding headache and are going easy on me.. :drool: haha.

Funny I haven't had any problems with the prongless plugs but maybe I'm just super lucky or super gentle with them somehow. I don't see any good way to make/use a magnetic plug at this point but I'll file the though away in the R&D section of my brain and maybe someday something will occur to me. I have started making the metal plugs which have a tighter fit available on custom Dogs for those who want them, I think they are similar to the plugs that the other Log guys are using.

I plan on getting some shop work done today but first I think I'm going to go spend a couple hours sitting in a dimly lit room sipping some sparkling water until my head and stomach are on board with my plan. Stupid delicious Scottish Gin.

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I feel for you Dave.. Alcohol sux big time IMO :)... at least to those who have detoxed it..
I am not drinking alcohol since 4 years till few days ago.. I decided to play my brain the drunk break-up classic showdown.. and i bought myself 3 beers.. (i used to drink 1 L concentrates ). I got so fuckin drunk that i even could not finish my last one.. after that 6 hours of stupid brain disability and horrid detox.. After those six hours i went to bed.. but i was still drunk from those 3 beers i swear... I have had many puke-a-ramas like Ayahuasca,Cactuses,Fresh Salvia,HWBR.. thinks that will turn anyone guts out but not mine.. i got iron stomach for dope at least.. lol.. Well this was not the case.. i got so powerful nausea that i puked 3-4 times during the night.. Never again...

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Yeah abysmal I can't handle alcohol AT ALL. It's not a tolerance thing either, literally 1/4-1/2 a beer and I'm overheating, dizzy and ready to vomit, no intoxication at all though.

No big loss I sit here puffing away on my twig as I type this. Still coming along nicely.

darkrom,

okikir

Hi there

I stayed calm lately for sure.
I think it's because the always unsatisfied person I am finally found something to stick with...

Well it's only been one month I now own my ud but I can clearly notice that my usual curiosity and appetite for others vape is kinda gone... For example, I can't seem to give a dmn about the Cloud being launched... while I'm sur this product totally kicks ass
The thing is, I already have what perfectly suits me at home. My ud is stealthy, incredibly gorgeous, reliable, powerfull and filled with love... I love it :)

:peace:

okikir,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, I hope you had a good time Dave :cheers:

Do you perhaps have a picture of that other plug? I don't think I've seen those mentioned before. The glue residue works wonders though, haven't had a loose plug all evening :lol:

Glad you're back Abysmal!

I figured you'd be having a few to many this weekend, didn't pick you for such a lightweight though ;)

I can't handle alcohol as well as I used to myself anymore tough, but I usually don't remember until after the first bottles of wine...and those bloody hangovers seem to last way longer than they use to as well, damned :myday:

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well what happened to me means just that my liver is functioning fine.. When you need bigger amounts to get drunk thats because you liver is getting weaker and it cannot run as much stuff into the system thats why dosage increase is needed :p.
I wasn't lightweight although .. I could drink a bottle of rakia on single player mode of course with the help of some of our folklore :rockon:
Orpheism is born where i was born so it goes well with any brew or herb :D..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ Abysmal - I don't think alcohol sucks but it does kick my ass a lot harder than it used to.. guess I'm getting old or something. :uhoh:

@ Darkrom - glad you're enjoying your Twig dude, did Joe ever get his and is it working for what he wanted it for?

@ okikir - happy to hear your UD is taking care of you over there in France, we're slowly building a presence on that side of the pond and glad you got to pick one up over there!

@ OTA - the ones I'm talking about are like the ones on PDs/Zaps and I think TT/HIs as well. They look more or less like this: metal jack

I've decided to stay out of the shop for the afternoon and instead have been working on finishing up my Puppy Incubator - a special climate controlled creche (a place, not the band lol) I've built for new Dogs to spend their first few days learning how to properly socialize. Much quieter work than the shop.. :zzz:

underdog,

djonkoman

I probably have cable breakage in my adaptor, yesterday when I unplugged it the UD was cold and I noticed the red light on the adaptor stayed on a while after pulling it out the poweroutlet(wich it normally doesn't), and this morning it stayed cold after plugging in, now cnnected it to the stock adaptor and it's heating up fine

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My first cable broke right by the plug too already Djonko. I'm now using a piece of the extension chord I ordered with my UD (the longest one Dave offers, not sure how long it was originally).

The extension chord is made from a round wire with one wire wrapped around the other one, like a thinner version of the chords used for cable tv. It feels much more flexible and I have a feeling this will hold out for a little while longer. If I get to Boonstra this week I'll check if he sells this kind of cable too.

Dave; those are power sockets? lmao

I've seen those metal round things in log vapes before, but I've always thought they were LEDs casings since some of the logs had those on and off :lol:

Do you breed live dogs as well as wooden ones Dave?

Ab, your country is beautiful man! I really want to visit it and it's neighboring countries in a year or two at most.

OhTheAgony,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I recommend those elbow-shaped plugs. I've used the same one for years, no problems. There's no strain on the cord whatsoever.

OTA, sorry to sound like a school teacher, but you what you are referring to is a "cord", not a "chord". A chord is something else completely!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I had totally missed that Hazy, and I even play a little guitar myself :lol:

Pardon my English please. It's just so many words sound so very similar in your language that I often get them confused. Like safe and save, or ones and once, now who ever came up with that?

OhTheAgony,

Greenscreen

So my UD's arrived :D I'm very pleased to say the least! the black and tan twig is so lovely i almost wanted to keep it for myself, but as planned i have given it to my brother and he was over the moon with the look of it and the gesture itself, unfortunately i haven't got a picture of it uploaded yet but i will soon.. In the mean time here is the picture of my claro curves piece...

p1030238d.jpg

p1030244p.jpg

When they arrived I was anxious to try my new dog out so i rushed to plug him in and thought i had waited long enough but i couldn't get any clouds .. i waited 5 more minutes and then i got the clouds of my life .. off of such little loads too

I have a load of lovely immensely crystally strains that i had been saving as i knew i simply couldn't make the most of them in the volcano like i could with the UD, mostly due to the fact that i was wanting to load 0.1 or less at a time and the volcano doesn't specialize in that like the UD does or so i hoped /. thought..

Since getting the UD i have been more then happy with its performance! I meant to write here sooner but i've been too busy with some gourmet ganja and simply couldn't get beyond the fog! It has consistently produced clouds off of very low amounts and is everything i hoped for and more!!

It was well worth me saving all the nice rare strains for the UD rather than putting them in the volcano, i have really made the most of both the different buds and the UD this weekend! (link to pic of the amazing SAGE i saved in anticipation of the UD :D http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3503/p1030260s.jpg)

I've had my UD for the less than a week and i can already see its an amazing vape... I love my volcano but it is not great with low amounts like the UD is and I can see myself using this vape more alone than i would the volcano ..not to mention the fact that the UD has the added benefit of water filtration (which i'm back in love with) in comparison to the volcano

Would like to say a massive thanks to Dave for all the hard work .. Wish more people ran their business like you. I would definitely point any of my friends in the direction of a UD if any of them are in need of a vape.. all in all a top notch piece of kit! will make sure i put some waterpipe vids and a pic of the black and tan twig when i get a chance too!

Top Bottom