Underdog Log Vapes

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I do use my ABV in other applications but I do love a fresh flavoursome stem in my doggy diet.
If I was out of freshs herb i'd consider revaping but probably in one of my varibale temp rigs... Which seem to get barely any use in my house...
It's a dog and log affair for me when I'm home and they deserve some fresh herb!
Took one of my underdog pack members to a party over new years and it was a big hit! Vino to see in another year :)

psyshaman,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I've re-vapped vaped stuff in my MFLB because you can hold the battery in long and get some thick hits.

Elluzion,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
darkrom said:
Elluzion said:
Order placed! I CAN'T WAIT :)

What did you order? Welcome!

The end grain goblet.
cca02f8d4648e52b010625080539e18c.jpg

Apparently it was the only one that hadn't had a core upgrade because of it's size (it is too small to fit the updated 3/8'' core) so Dave customized it to make the new core 50% smaller, but still 3/8''. I am curious to see if it will perform better/heat up faster at all due to the modification.

I can't wait :)

Elluzion,

stroh

errl enthusiast
great to see a whole bunch of new faces welcomed to this big ole happy pack of dogs :)

some awesome new things have been popping up in here, and one of the ubertwigs might just have a new home soon ;)

stroh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
What's the outer diameter of the silicone stems guys, will it fit a 14,4mm GonG connection or is it just to thick for that?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
OhTheAgony said:
What's the outer diameter of the silicone stems guys, will it fit a 14,4mm GonG connection or is it just to thick for that?
I don't know if it fits 14.4 but it can be coned with a razor blade and it will fit any 14.4mm . Btw it is very easy to adapt it to any glass bowl you have..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Aby! The stems look rather thick in the photo's so I was already considering cutting the end of it to a cone shape, thanks for confirming that. I also like what the Toasty Top guy did with his glass insertion in the stem, anyone ever tried sticking a Solo stem in a Underdog tube for size? I have a thinner straight one that just might work if I cut it to the desirable length.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
Thanks Aby! The stems look rather thick in the photo's so I was already considering cutting the end of it to a cone shape, thanks for confirming that. I also like what the Toasty Top guy did with his glass insertion in the stem, anyone ever tried sticking a Solo stem in a Underdog tube for size? I have a thinner straight one that just might work if I cut it to the desirable length.
Nope but the size is very close to the DBV wand part where tubing enters .. and i have a glass chillum that fits but i have fears inserting metal into glass.. I will always think i have inhaled glass dust or that i may brake it..
You will love the silicon stem.. and the purer convection it allows.. cause it is not getting as hot as glass.. so less conduction.. It will never brake and you can bend it which is very useful with 90 degree angled pieces. :) You can browse back i've posted a pic of my bowl .. you can clearly see how easily silicon adapts :).
Btw if you like you can use glass screens in the UD stem , that will get you rid of the metal screen in the airpath.(althought you are breating a SS core anyway :)

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You mean the inner diameter (3/8 of an inch is close to 10mm according to my calculations) of the UD stems is almost the same as the outer diameter of the 7thfloor tubing, or did you mean the outer diameter of the UD tubing? I still happen to have a piece of that laying around which I didn't sell with my SSV (just like the little poker thingie), always comes in handy when mating vapes to waterpipes :brow:

I was thinking of inserting the glass tube only so far that it will sit against the heater port like the TT guy did, not have it all the way around or inside the heater port. I don't think there would be a lot of risk that way, I'm a careful guy even when vaped (one has to be with a Vapocane as a daily driver, lol). Plus I always vape through water as well so I'm not to worried.

Talking about the Vapocane, the heater part of it looks like it also would work as a great adapter between the silicone stems and a 14,4mm GonG connection. But it may restrict the airflow a little to much perhaps.

I actually don't have a real outspoken favoritism when it comes to conduction vs convection btw. Imo my Solo is at least a 90% conduction vape, but I'm quit pleased with how it extracts. I'm still on the fence about the silicone though, especially after reading the TT guy's (Alan?) review about it earlier in this thread. I can appreciate the sealing properties of these stems but I'm not looking forward to taste them. But, I also got used to taste of my SSV tubing, so I hope it'll work the same here.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
You mean the inner diameter (3/8 of an inch is close to 10mm according to my calculations) of the UD stems is almost the same as the outer diameter of the 7thfloor tubing, or did you mean the outer diameter of the UD tubing? I still happen to have a piece of that laying around which I didn't sell with my SSV (just like the little poker thingie), always comes in handy when mating vapes to waterpipes :brow:

I was thinking of inserting the glass tube only so far that it will sit against the heater port like the TT guy did, not have it all the way around or inside the heater port. I don't think there would be a lot of risk that way, I'm a careful guy even when vaped (one has to be with a Vapocane as a daily driver, lol). Plus I always vape through water as well so I'm not to worried.

Talking about the Vapocane, the heater part of it looks like it also would work as a great adapter between the silicone stems and a 14,4mm GonG connection. But it may restrict the airflow a little to much perhaps.

I actually don't have a real outspoken favoritism when it comes to conduction vs convection btw. Imo my Solo is at least a 90% conduction vape, but I'm quit pleased with how it extracts. I'm still on the fence about the silicone though, especially after reading the TT guy's (Alan?) review about it earlier in this thread. I can appreciate the sealing properties of these stems but I'm not looking forward to taste them. But, I also got used to taste of my SSV tubing, so I hope it'll work the same here.
Well i don't know about effectiveness but.. when there is conduction and you are not inhaling, there is stuff degrading + taste goes worst .. I favor convection because it gives me best taste and even extracted abv..

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OhTheAgony said:

Get the glass stem! 100% of the "taste" gone. Not trying to be a dick here but Alan said some stuff I think is nearly impossible to claim such as he could smell or taste the leather on the bottom of the piece. I REALLY think that you sound like me and hated the silicone...until you give it a day or 2. Then the only "taste" is because its touching your lips. With the glass stem Dave offers there is absolutely 100% taste free vapor. Then you can "taste" the glass in the same way you'd "taste" the silicone. I'd say try it before you worry about modding it :p

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
True Abysmal (your forum name makes so much more sense since realizing it's not 'Absymal', lol), but with a Solo you can just take out the stem when you don't hit, like most of you seem to do with your UD in between hits as well, so it's not a real problem.

I'll definitely order a glass stem as well Darkrom. Not sure how much I'll use it though, since I mainly vape though water, I just want one & I better order everything I want at once since it has a long thus expensive way to travel. Having options can't be bad though ;)

OhTheAgony,
I just ordered a glass stem too. Im pretty excited to try it out. This vaporizer is really efficient and my friends are really liking it. I might be able to convert a few pals to a combustion free lifestyle. Im pretty baked ATM check out my video

VaporBoxed,

Abysmal Vapor

Does anyone know when new pieces are expected ? Is it this week or the next ?

Abysmal Vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
I was also skeptical about the silicon but the very slight taste goes away after a few bowls. I don't like the feel of it on my lips so I use assorted glass pieces to hold the stems. The 3/8" stems fit nicely on 7th Floor water pipe adapters, that's what I used on that glass piece in my video to connect to the Vapor Tamer. I cut one stem in half, one half is on a 14mm GG fitting and one the other fits on Franken-bong. But I've been using my new Twig almost exclusively with Franken-bong. It's nice to be able to see the clouds forming...

I had a problem with the screen moving because I was squeezing the stem too much when putting it on/removing from Franken-bong so I slipped a spare stainless 7th Floor heater cover holder/shim into it. All is well now even when I get too aggressive with the poker!!!!
IMG_0194-1.jpg

All in all I love the new Twig, it gives a solid hit and also really diffuses the essential oils well. I would still like to see a 1/4" core Twig that was made for 24/7 power up, I think my Birthday vape is quite a bit more conservative than this beast. I'll have to keep experimenting to make sure though.... ;)

Thanks again Dave!!!
Keep_On.jpg

cluffy,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Does anyone know when new pieces are expected ? Is it this week or the next ?

I'll be releasing new pieces this week as they come out of the shop.

I'll also be sending out the prizes for the contest in the next several days and will contact the winners directly with details, etc.

underdog,

Lightintoashes

underdog said:
I'll be releasing new pieces this week as they come out of the shop.

Very exciting :)

I've read through almost this whole damn thread, and thanks to you enthusiastic folks I'm about to order an underdog.

After vaping from '05-'07 with a volcano, i've been combusting almost strictly since then. The volcano just got so complicated and cumbersome that i grew to hate it (and it bothered my throat/lungs). I longed for the simplicity of a finely rolled cone or a perfectly blown bubbler. I know combusting is killing me slowly though, so I'm ready to give vapor another shot. I'm choosing an Underdog because of the simple, beautiful design, the low maintenance factor, and it's ability to connect easily with a water pipe.

Wish me luck folks :)

Dave, you've got mail.

Lightintoashes,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
VaporBoxed said:
I just ordered a glass stem too. Im pretty excited to try it out. This vaporizer is really efficient and my friends are really liking it. I might be able to convert a few pals to a combustion free lifestyle. Im pretty baked ATM check out my video

Wow those are some clouds you got their off of that twig and your other dog. Very impressive :)

Elluzion,
Yeah the lighting was awesome. Thanks.

Dave, just a suggestion. For the next contest (if you decide to have another one)we should make a video, fattest cloud or something along those lines. That would be kinda fun.

VaporBoxed,

photokographer

That's a ludicrous amount of vapor rips, hoho you must've had a wonderful day :lol:

UD's really work amazingly

photokographer,
Top Bottom