Underdog Log Vapes

Yeh, i went through three stems during that video.

An average sesh for me tho is more like 7 or 10 stems haha. :rolleyes:

VaporBoxed,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
VaporBoxed said:
Yeh, i went through three stems during that video.

An average sesh for me tho is more like 7 or 10 stems haha. :rolleyes:
I was in 1.5-15 g daily use or with other words i would vape all i can get my hands on.. Huge devastating bong rips with 0.5g amnesia haze loads.. consumed on 2 strikes.. with my MW brought me to the point that mid quality meds does not give any effect... Since i got my UD and got a short TB with liver cleansing all i need is 0.1 g in two stems which gives me 4 fat bongrips.. and i am seriously fogged with less weight on my whole system..
Btw we used the MW on New Years eve cause it is a kickass party vape.. and i almost had O.D with 0.3 load vaped at once..
UD made my wallet happy...

Abysmal Vapor,

THCMuscle

VaporBoxed said:
I just ordered a glass stem too. Im pretty excited to try it out. This vaporizer is really efficient and my friends are really liking it. I might be able to convert a few pals to a combustion free lifestyle. Im pretty baked ATM check out my video

Dude what the fuck?! Those are like 2x more dense than I've seen in any VXC video. That just looks like smoke.

THCMuscle,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
THCMuscle said:
VaporBoxed said:
I just ordered a glass stem too. Im pretty excited to try it out. This vaporizer is really efficient and my friends are really liking it. I might be able to convert a few pals to a combustion free lifestyle. Im pretty baked ATM check out my video

Dude what the fuck?! Those are like 2x more dense than I've seen in any VXC video. That just looks like smoke.
Well my UD has the same core and i have make thicker clouds with high quality meds.. :).. I am getting clouds with 0.1 as dense as 0.3 load on my MW,, which is a real 200w powerhorse...

Abysmal Vapor,
THCMuscle said:

Haha i know right. This vape is awesome. Abysmal is right though. It may be because i use high quality meds.

VaporBoxed,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
THCMuscle said:

Haha i know right. This vape is awesome. Abysmal is right though. It may be because i use high quality meds.

You know this actually brings up a good point about vapor production from high quality vs lower quality meds. I've never tested with anything other than the highest quality stuff and really wouldn't even know where to get low quality stuff around here. NorCal these days isn't a hotbed of schwag it would seem..

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I had some lesser quality stuff a little while back, some left overs from an older harvest from a friend. It was still of reasonable quality, just not as good as what I normally have.
Anyway, I didn't really thought I was getting less denser clouds, but it was spend a lot quicker then normally. I think I got 15 to 20% less hits from it, & that probably isn't proper English, lol.

OhTheAgony,
Stem 01999 purchased! After it arrives, I'll be reporting in on how using a UD glass stem works with the now-discontinued PD. I'm looking at this as my first step towards becoming an actual UD owner.

OKcomputer,

jackmormon

Dave,

I think I want to purchase a dog... My main question is if you have done something to the heating core to prevent the charring of the wood and then the loose/rattling core that develops with older style "log" vapes.

Also, I vape through glass only and prefer a little higher on the temperature side..... Are there certain types of woods I should be looking at for higher temps and/or long term stability of the core?

Thanks & look forward to purchasing one of these bad boys!

jackmormon,

underdog

Manufacturer
jackmormon said:
Dave,

I think I want to purchase a dog... My main question is if you have done something to the heating core to prevent the charring of the wood and then the loose/rattling core that develops with older style "log" vapes.

Also, I vape through glass only and prefer a little higher on the temperature side..... Are there certain types of woods I should be looking at for higher temps and/or long term stability of the core?

Hey Jack, my UD core is dramatically (completely?) different from the old style logs like PD and was designed from the ground up to reduce/eliminate charring in most woods I use, it also keeps the wood out of the air-path so you don't get the taste of scorched wood.

It is also secured differently than the PD which makes the old rattle phenom a non-issue with UDs. There have been a couple users with certain softer wood UDs that have experienced a core loosening in the body but that has been rare and something that is covered under warranty.

We'll need to talk in more detail to find the best compromise between higher temp and longer term stability for your needs so you might want to email me directly for that. Typically the smaller pieces and the pieces of less dense wood run a bit hotter but again we can discuss that directly.

Thanks and welcome to the community!
D

Last edited by a moderator:
underdog,
Where do i order oils for aromatherapy? Also can i just put wax in the little aromatherapy cup and let that melt? Im kind of clueless with the aromatherapy part of thisvaporizer :ko:

VaporBoxed,

underdog

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
Where do i order oils for aromatherapy? Also can i just put wax in the little aromatherapy cup and let that melt? Im kind of clueless with the aromatherapy part of thisvaporizer :ko:

I like to use wax in my cup(s), either of a scented variety of wax or beeswax with a couple drops of aromatherapy oil in it.. both work great. A benefit of doing it this way is once you remove it from the piece it solidifies back up in the cup and isn't able to make a mess or be spilled.. :2c:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
jackmormon said:
Dave,

Correction...you DO want a dog :brow:

You might be a good candidate for the variable power supply. That being said I've been a high temp vapist (new word you like?) and I find the 12v standard setting to be perfect. I do have a variable power supply, but it only gets used if I have pressed kief I want to vape. Other than that its just perrrrfect for me. I know I sound like a salesman in this thread, but I'm just so happy to have the home vape 100% to my liking. All that's left for me is finding a great portable for when the UD can't be used (hiking etc) Crossing my fingers and waiting for the thermovape.

Seriously join the party :peace:

darkrom,

abo27495

underdog said:
In relation to other log type vapes I can't make direct comparison since I haven't really used (or even seen any first hand) any of the other guys pieces. I will say though that from what I've heard they all work great and are all a step up from the classic PD type log in terms of core performance and features.

Dave,
I just bought a Woodeez from gonzo and if he thinks that the ud is better then I MUST try it. Any way I could convince you to trade? Maybe for a lost dog or something :brow:

edit: perfect smiley

abo27495,

underdog

Manufacturer
abo27495 said:
underdog said:
In relation to other log type vapes I can't make direct comparison since I haven't really used (or even seen any first hand) any of the other guys pieces. I will say though that from what I've heard they all work great and are all a step up from the classic PD type log in terms of core performance and features.

Dave,
I just bought a Woodeez from gonzo and if he thinks that the ud is better then I MUST try it. Any way I could convince you to trade? Maybe for a lost dog or something :brow:

edit: perfect smiley

Sorry abo but I'm not in the market for a Woodeez just now.. :)

underdog,

abo27495

Haha I figured. Sooner or later Im going to get my hands on a UD. Do you know if the silicone would fit a woodeez?

abo27495,

tombs

Are any of you guys rocking glass stems on your UD? If so, do you prefer it to the standard tubing?

Also, I'm really digging the looks of the Twig designs.. I'm assuming that the Twig is the tiniest of the bunch? What would be a step-up, in size, from the Twig?

Do you guys have a preference, in terms of the design?

tombs,

underdog

Manufacturer
abo27495 said:
Haha I figured. Sooner or later Im going to get my hands on a UD. Do you know if the silicone would fit a woodeez?

I haven't seen a Woodeez firsthand but my understanding is that it's a PD clone right? UD tubing fits nicely on a PD so if the Woodeez sticks fairly closely to the PD design then I think it would fit fine.

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@ abo

Dave's silicone stems do work really well with the Woodeez. Better than the standard ones it comes with IMO.

@ tombs

The glass stems offer a much better taste IMO.

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, but I think that's the only option Dave offers on his website atm so just take your pick.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
Yeah, but I think that's the only option Dave offers on his website atm so just take your pick.

Unless you guys hacked my site there should be options for both 3/8" and 1/4" silicone and glass.. but for Abo's use he definitely wants 3/8".

Ok back to the shop for me!

underdog,
Top Bottom