• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Any know if it's safe to let a NonG stem soak overnight in PBW?

It looks like PBW is safe for both nylon on steel, but I worry. 😟

Hmm... it certainly *should* be safe for stainless and nylon so I don't think there's a big risk of trying it.

Tell you what - if you give it a shot and it does damage the NonG you can send it to us for study and we'll send you
a new one.. that way worse case scenario we get some useful data for the future and you aren't out a stem. :cheers:

flowerstash

if you give it a shot and it does damage the NonG you can send it to us for study and we'll send you
a new one.. that way worse case scenario we get some useful data for the future and you aren't out a stem. :cheers:

You got a deal!

I keep my GonG stems clean, but have been worried about cleaning the NonG stems in the same way. It would be awesome if an overnight soak meant a spotless NonG. Clean gear works best!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've used pbw with lots of different plastics, probably nylon but I can't be certain. Stainless is absolutely fine and I bet nylon will be perfectly fine to soak for extended periods of time too. The thing about soaking in pbw is that after a while it falls out of suspension and leaves a white residue on surfaces. It's best to let it soak but rinse before it gets too far.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Azoom.jpg

I love the one with the hearts and those that are sun shaped <3 !

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, sorry about the blown schedule last night.

After I posted the 'we are on schedule for tonight' update things immediately went sideways in unanticipated ways that were beyond my ability to control. I thought we had the kinks worked out but apparently there were a few lurkers waiting for an opportunity to make a grand entrance. Well played lurkers well played.

At any rate I'm back at it this morning and should have the mess cleaned up shortly.

While I (hopefully) have you here maybe you all can help me with some feedback/input? Should we clean up the current mess and go ahead and drop what we've got done on the site or should we take a little longer (like the rest of this week) and get everything finished and ready and drop all at once? Regular vapes and the ACXLs are done and ready but the Alpha+, Minis/Micros and some neat accessories need a bit more time.

Lastly - like @Texus mentioned our drops/refreshes regularly seem to happen late in the evenings at the end of a weekend because we basically just put stuff up as soon as we get it finished and that usually means at the very end of a work week and late in the day. I know this is a PITA for a lot of you.. so.. anyone want to make a suggestion for a better day/time?

Thoughts?

:bowdown: :peace: :luv:

No worries. We are a patient bunch. But as someone who set an alarm to wake up and see what dropped, a notifications that you weren't making that window would've been appreciated. 8 PST isn't awesome for us east coasters.
Thanks @Texus and apologies again. After I posted here I went and tried to post a notice on IG but it just kept timing out or throwing back errors so I wasn't able to. We'll do better going forward.

Soooo anyway...when's that there sale start 👀👀
Good question.. see my comments above and make a suggestion?

The NonG seemed to enjoy an overnight soak in pbw. It came out clean with no signs of trouble. Yay!
Awesome to hear it, thanks for the update!

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@underdog I have been eyeing the second half of what you listed....so I'll have to wait a week no matter what! As for a good time I am an east coaster as well, and would appreciate a more accessible time also....sometime midday on the weekend work good for everyone?

Razhumikin

After I posted the 'we are on schedule for tonight' update things immediately went sideways in unanticipated ways that were beyond my ability to control. I thought we had the kinks worked out but apparently there were a few lurkers waiting for an opportunity to make a grand entrance. Well played lurkers well played.

At any rate I'm back at it this morning and should have the mess cleaned up shortly.

While I (hopefully) have you here maybe you all can help me with some feedback/input? Should we clean up the current mess and go ahead and drop what we've got done on the site or should we take a little longer (like the rest of this week) and get everything finished and ready and drop all at once? Regular vapes and the ACXLs are done and ready but the Alpha+, Minis/Micros and some neat accessories need a bit more time.

Lastly - like @Texus mentioned our drops/refreshes regularly seem to happen late in the evenings at the end of a weekend because we basically just put stuff up as soon as we get it finished and that usually means at the very end of a work week and late in the day. I know this is a PITA for a lot of you.. so.. anyone want to make a suggestion for a better day/time?

Thoughts?

Thanks @Texus and apologies again. After I posted here I went and tried to post a notice on IG but it just kept timing out or throwing back errors so I wasn't able to. We'll do better going forward.

I would probably say upload what you have now and then upload the rest when its ready, but its minor either way. Def gonna keep an eye out for micros and minis regardless, and will have to keep my will strong not to get another alpha+ while I wait for mine to get to and subsequently get back to me from you lol.

myxine

So basically the server was overloaded by demand? If so it's hard to say what to do other than a surprise drop which will always disappoint people. One way or another someone is going to not get the one they want and will be disappointed... not really much you can do about it. Unfortunate that the demand caused issues, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what happened.

myxine,
Reactions: BigJr48

Zagala

I am more interested in the second ‘wave’ and I am with members who suggested to release what you have ready to go, you cannot always make everyone happy at the same time, I think.

Zagala,

Razhumikin

Thoughts?

Can I just ask, what is an ACXL?

Texus

For a convenient drop time, how about sometime between 1-3 pm EST? That wouldn't be crazy early for PST (10 folks or crazy late for Europe.

Texus,

seki

I recently acquired an Afzelia Burl Alpha and preferred it so much that it more or less shelved the Paradise Oak SC3+ I purchased a little over year ago.

Not wanting to sell it or see it sit there unused, I sent the SC3+ back to upgrade it to a pre-production, post-prototype Alpha style core. I run it a little hotter than the Afzelia burl, but it works great and I find it vapes a little more evenly.
alpha-plusminus3.jpg

alpha-plusminus5.jpg

The SC3+ needed to be bored out so it's a little more fragile, but it was totally worth upgrading for me, thanks @underdog!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I recently acquired an Afzelia Burl Alpha and preferred it so much that it more or less shelved the Paradise Oak SC3+ I purchased a little over year ago.

Not wanting to sell it or see it sit there unused, I sent the SC3+ back to upgrade it to a pre-production, post-prototype Alpha style core. I run it a little hotter than the Afzelia burl, but it works great and I find it vapes a little more evenly.
alpha-plusminus3.jpg

alpha-plusminus5.jpg

The SC3+ needed to be bored out so it's a little more fragile, but it was totally worth upgrading for me, thanks @underdog!
Why do you prefer the Alpha, is it for the larger material load capability, or the more powerful and sustained heating? I have both, and the SC3+ is no slouch, but I vape alone and find the extra large load capacity of my Alpha a non-factor for me, and I’m not doing back to back hits to the point where the SC3+ or SC3 can’t keep up. Trying to be more informed for when I buy my next dog, or two. Thanks.

seki

Why do you prefer the Alpha, is it for the larger material load capability, or the more powerful and sustained heating? I have both, and the SC3+ is no slouch, but I vape alone and find the extra large load capacity of my Alpha a non-factor for me, and I’m not doing back to back hits to the point where the SC3+ or SC3 can’t keep up. Trying to be more informed for when I buy my next dog, or two. Thanks.
I found the draw on the SC3+ to be a little more restricted than I personally prefer. I usually try to clear the load in as few hits as possible, one or two normally, so the sustained heating is not really an issue for me either.

I've found that in general, I prefer vapes that can overpower a load easily rather than one that struggles or has just enough power to thoroughly vape one. For example, you can microdose the exact same amount that you would with an SC3+ by pushing the screen further up in the Alpha stem and theoretically you should get the same result, but I find the open draw and the larger heater make it a lot easier to get great results.

The way I look at it, it's better to have too much power that you can dial back from rather than too little that you might struggle with. Basically, you can make an Alpha behave like an SC3+, but not necessarily the other way around. This is all according to my use case and vaping style of course.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I found the draw on the SC3+ to be a little more restricted than I personally prefer. I usually try to clear the load in as few hits as possible, one or two normally, so the sustained heating is not really an issue for me either.

I've found that in general, I prefer vapes that can overpower a load easily rather than one that struggles or has just enough power to thoroughly vape one. For example, you can microdose the exact same amount that you would with an SC3+ by pushing the screen further up in the Alpha stem and theoretically you should get the same result, but I find the open draw and the larger heater make it a lot easier to get great results.

The way I look at it, it's better to have too much power that you can dial back from rather than too little that you might struggle with. Basically, you can make an Alpha behave like an SC3+, but not necessarily the other way around. This is all according to my use case and vaping style of course.
Thanks for the reply, this is very helpful. A large part of my vaping is done on top of a water piece, sometimes wet and sometimes dry. And I’m liking using a whip along with the water piece, so the draw is very consistent across my lineup of vapes. Even my vapes that have been described by others as having open draws, or restrictive draws, they all seem the same with my water piece and whip. Just a smooth sipping experience with no heat to speak of. So I guess with my Dogs it comes down to whatever wood turns me on with the SC3+ and above heaters. All of this variety being offered by @underdog right now is outstanding.

Top Bottom