• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Well, it finally happened. After almost 7 years of 24/7 usage, my UD gave up. What a fucking beast. Luckily, I have another ready to go.

View attachment 2282

Almost 7 years of 24/7 use sounds like a good run.. tired Doggo deserves a good retirement. :tup:

It's going into retirement. I don't think it can be fixed. I think the inside degrades over time. It had a great run though.

Yeah after that long the inside is probably too decayed and while I could bore it out and sleeve some solid wood in (like putting a cylinder liner in an engine) it probably wouldn't be worth the labor unless it was of super sentimental value or something. You could send it to me and I could bore it completely out and turn it into a stem holding cup for you though.. :cool::science:

cant they just change out the heater. Id send them an email and ask about it.

Yeah we can do that in a lot of cases.. always definitely worth getting in touch with us and asking.

They can swap out cores if you would like I believe also.
I would strongly recommend the alpha 🐕.
Still my daily using it 99%with the nong through water or a dry piece.
@underdog the alpha dry nylon wand is good but a little harsh on the throat.
I hear they have glass in now for the alpha units.
Best log vape I own and the only one that has lasted as the daily.
🎉

Yeah that Alpha Nylon DD Stem can have some bite! That reminds me I keep meaning to send you a set of Alpha glass to play with.. shoot me an email when you have a chance and I'll hook you up.

I had my sc1 core changed out when it started to act up. I believe they can swap in new cores on most dogs. It's the air cores that are not changeable. Dave can chime in and confirm.

It's always worth considering that's for sure. Last year I rebuilt one of the very first Underdogs sold on FC.. basically 10 years old and had been running most of that time. I think that one had 2 previous core swaps too so it might be the king of rebuilds. :D

They will treat you righteously

We try and treat y'all like family and how we want others to treat us and each other.. thanks for the love! :love::rockon:

eideal852

Almost 7 years of 24/7 use sounds like a good run.. tired Doggo deserves a good retirement. :tup:

Yeah after that long the inside is probably too decayed and while I could bore it out and sleeve some solid wood in (like putting a cylinder liner in an engine) it probably wouldn't be worth the labor unless it was of super sentimental value or something. You could send it to me and I could bore it completely out and turn it into a stem holding cup for you though.. :cool::science:

Yeah we can do that in a lot of cases.. always definitely worth getting in touch with us and asking.

Yeah that Alpha Nylon DD Stem can have some bite! That reminds me I keep meaning to send you a set of Alpha glass to play with.. shoot me an email when you have a chance and I'll hook you up.

It's always worth considering that's for sure. Last year I rebuilt one of the very first Underdogs sold on FC.. basically 10 years old and had been running most of that time. I think that one had 2 previous core swaps too so it might be the king of rebuilds. :D

We try and treat y'all like family and how we want others to treat us and each other.. thanks for the love! :love::rockon:
:luv::love::bowdown:

eideal852,
Reactions: arb

GoombaTroop

I noticed a faint smell of burning from my dog yesterday. I turned it off and let it cool down. Plugged it back in today, and I still smell the burning smell coming from my unit. I've been using it for 2.5 years, and it's on 16+ hours a day, 7 days a week typically.

Just wondering if this means that my dog might be on its way out?

Also, have the makers recovered from that fire yet? Looks like there are only two types of dog available on their site right now, and they're both fairly pricey. Any chance some cheaper options or sales might become available soon? Maybe for Black Friday?

GoombaTroop,

underdog

Manufacturer
I noticed a faint smell of burning from my dog yesterday. I turned it off and let it cool down. Plugged it back in today, and I still smell the burning smell coming from my unit. I've been using it for 2.5 years, and it's on 16+ hours a day, 7 days a week typically.

Just wondering if this means that my dog might be on its way out?

Also, have the makers recovered from that fire yet? Looks like there are only two types of dog available on their site right now, and they're both fairly pricey. Any chance some cheaper options or sales might become available soon? Maybe for Black Friday?

Very unlikely that it's on it's way out after such a short time and usually if one is at the end of life it just runs cooler and cooler until it doesn't heat at all anymore.. but that basically doesn't happen anymore since we switched away from resistors and ceramic heaters to our custom made stainless ones years back.

If there's a burning smell it's almost certainly from a bit of debris that fell into the vape since there's nothing inside that can scorch or burn at the temps the Dog can run at. I'd say stick it on the porch or in a window or somewhere the smell won't be a bother and then run it at your full vaping voltage until it burns off the debris and the smell stops.

We're partially recovered from the fire in that we have a new place and a new shop to work in and have restarted production to a limited degree but we're still deep in the hole since we didn't have insurance at the time of the fire. We haven't been able to get to the point where we can make Dogs in enough volume to bring the price down to pre-fire levels but we're slowly working on it. There will be a Birthday Sale starting next week but it will be smaller than in previous years and then we'll probably do a similar gig for the holiday season as well. There will be some Lost Dogs going up and those will probably be the least expensive option for a bit. :2c: :peace: :cheers:

Gigsabits53

My FYT vape arrived today :)
I love it! It's the look I wanted for my 2nd Dog. Of course I received a few surprise goodies from the good folks at UD.
I would post photos but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Thank you Dave and Amanda! It's perfect!! :):)

arb

Semi shaved ape
Alpha Dog has cemented itself as the DD.
Out performs all my other vapes in every catagory.
Flawlessly consistent always ready and extremely safe.
I would implore anyone who thinks they know log vaporizers to get one,they change the game.
Giant tasty hits,my lungs quit before the bowl does.
🤗

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs hope you're all doing well out there. :cheers:

Some of you have asked if we'd be having a Birthday Sale this year and if so what are the details. Here is what we've got planned so far..
- plan on starting the sale this weekend and it will run for 2 weeks from when it starts
- there will be a limited number of Lost Dogs that will be our lowest price options on unique pieces for the year (I suspect)
- there will be a limited number of Vape Specials in Figured Walnut that will be a good economical choice
- there will be some discounted (10-20%) higher end pieces available (quantity to be determined)
- we may offer a discount on custom orders placed during the sale (still discussing with Underdogette)
- accessories will be discounted across the board

Will make further announcements if/when I get my shit together and/or figure out what I'm doing. :rofl:

My FYT vape arrived today :)
I love it! It's the look I wanted for my 2nd Dog. Of course I received a few surprise goodies from the good folks at UD.
I would post photos but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Thank you Dave and Amanda! It's perfect!! :):)

Awesome, so glad it arrived safe and sound and that you like it. That was a pretty piece and I think it came out nice. :)

Alpha Dog has cemented itself as the DD.
Out performs all my other vapes in every catagory.
Flawlessly consistent always ready and extremely safe.
I would implore anyone who thinks they know log vaporizers to get one,they change the game.
Giant tasty hits,my lungs quit before the bowl does.
🤗

Dang that's some high praise.. thanks!

Not sure if this is the appropriate time to mention but I 'may' have made some more improvements in the design and 'might' have found a way to stuff even more power into the Alpha than your last one.. just a heads up in case you need to start a lung training regime before the holidays. :lol::cool:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Heya Dogs hope you're all doing well out there. :cheers:

Some of you have asked if we'd be having a Birthday Sale this year and if so what are the details. Here is what we've got planned so far..
- plan on starting the sale this weekend and it will run for 2 weeks from when it starts
- there will be a limited number of Lost Dogs that will be our lowest price options on unique pieces for the year (I suspect)
- there will be a limited number of Vape Specials in Figured Walnut that will be a good economical choice
- there will be some discounted (10-20%) higher end pieces available (quantity to be determined)
- we may offer a discount on custom orders placed during the sale (still discussing with Underdogette)
- accessories will be discounted across the board

Will make further announcements if/when I get my shit together and/or figure out what I'm doing. :rofl:

Awesome, so glad it arrived safe and sound and that you like it. That was a pretty piece and I think it came out nice. :)

Dang that's some high praise.. thanks!

Not sure if this is the appropriate time to mention but I 'may' have made some more improvements in the design and 'might' have found a way to stuff even more power into the Alpha than your last one.. just a heads up in case you need to start a lung training regime before the holidays. :lol::cool:
Bring it the fuck on!!!!!!!!
😍

underdog

Manufacturer
The rest of the pieces are going up in a few more minutes and then we'll review the site one last time to make sure we didn't miss anything.. we didn't have much time to prepare for this sale so we're kinda winging it. :lol:

Oh shit. It begins lol. Looks like some nice ass pieces going up now.

Thanks dude, more soon come. :-)

That big leaf maple is my favorite so far. No Alpha Dogs yet, my wallet is still safe.

Edit: Rosewood is a beauty too.

You're safe there won't be an Alphas in this sale.. but I do have a small pack of them scheduled to be released in a couple-few more weeks. :cheers:

I was thinking the same thing.
😂

Lol I think you've got Alpha madness now.. :luv::science:

underdog

Manufacturer
Anyway to get a back pic of that Cocobolo? No rush on it, but it's a beauty.

She's purdy eh?
Cocobow.jpg
Cocostarboard.jpg
Cocoaft.jpg
Cocoport.jpg

and the one I had the most fun making... the Power Tower. ;)

ClaroPowerTower.jpg

SixStringToker

Naked member
After resisting the urge to get on the log vape train for many years, I finally caved. I just pulled the trigger on a Claro Black Walnut dog and a bunch of stems. Now the impatient waiting begins!

@underdog , have you worked with wenge before? My main acoustic guitar has wenge back and sides & I'd love to have a matching dog. I know the dust is bad news, but it's an awesome tonewood.

Edit: To answer my own question:

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Cant wait for the alpha dog too release. Are they compatible with the smaller stems such as Nong 14 mm or only the alpha version?

With the exception of (the Alpha/Oversize Stems and NonG) Alpha stems aren't compatible with regular Dogs or vice versa.

After resisting the urge to get on the log vape train for many years, I finally caved. I just pulled the trigger on a Claro Black Walnut dog and a bunch of stems. Now the impatient waiting begins!

@underdog , have you worked with wenge before? My main acoustic guitar has wenge back and sides & I'd love to have a matching dog. I know the dust is bad news, but it's an awesome tonewood.

Edit: To answer my own question:

Thanks for the business and support! :rockon:

As you already figured out yep we work with Wenge on occassion.. it's not my favorite as I've developed sensistivety to the dust over the years (hives/itching) but it's pretty and I still work with it for special pieces (and to work thru my stock lol).

arb

Semi shaved ape
With the exception of (the Alpha/Oversize Stems and NonG) Alpha stems aren't compatible with regular Dogs or vice versa.

Thanks for the business and support! :rockon:

As you already figured out yep we work with Wenge on occassion.. it's not my favorite as I've developed sensistivety to the dust over the years (hives/itching) but it's pretty and I still work with it for special pieces (and to work thru my stock lol).
So the Alpha/oversized Nong works with your regular dogs?. If so any idea when you guys will be restocking?
Yes it does work with regular cores but no Where near its potential.
Kind of like using a semi to haul your weekly groceries.
🎉

Top Bottom