• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

GoombaTroop

Very unlikely that it's on it's way out after such a short time and usually if one is at the end of life it just runs cooler and cooler until it doesn't heat at all anymore.. but that basically doesn't happen anymore since we switched away from resistors and ceramic heaters to our custom made stainless ones years back.

If there's a burning smell it's almost certainly from a bit of debris that fell into the vape since there's nothing inside that can scorch or burn at the temps the Dog can run at. I'd say stick it on the porch or in a window or somewhere the smell won't be a bother and then run it at your full vaping voltage until it burns off the debris and the smell stops.

We're partially recovered from the fire in that we have a new place and a new shop to work in and have restarted production to a limited degree but we're still deep in the hole since we didn't have insurance at the time of the fire. We haven't been able to get to the point where we can make Dogs in enough volume to bring the price down to pre-fire levels but we're slowly working on it. There will be a Birthday Sale starting next week but it will be smaller than in previous years and then we'll probably do a similar gig for the holiday season as well. There will be some Lost Dogs going up and those will probably be the least expensive option for a bit. :2c: :peace: :cheers:
sorry, I forgot to reply.

you were right... probably just something that fell into the unit. never had that happen before to this extent. anyways... the smell was completely gone after about 2 days. the log is still going strong. looking forward to many more years with this vape! hope your shop gets fully back up and running soon. i'll keep an eye out for sales in case I want a backup/second vape.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I am struggling to understand something with my Alpha unit.
I use it 99.9% of the time through a small water piece with the alpha nylon 18mm adapter.
Screen is 30mm deep and vvps set at 11.5.
Not sure if it's the straight tube to tube connection or what but this thing hits bigger yet smoother than the rest.
A 5 second draw gives a lung full a 30 second draw results in naps,loss of time,randiness and pie.........mmm mmm pie.
😍
Why is the vapor so smooth Dave?
I have used a lot of vapes and there seems to be something subtly different regards how the heat is working.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
After a ton of back and forth with myself... a little bit of back and forth with Dave @ UD, ended up ordering the Russian Olive yesterday! Cant wait for it to show up, looks great online, I'm sure it'll be even better looking in person.

I got the NonG 14mm, GonG (short) 14mm, and the regular glass direct draw.

Any key points? Seems pretty simple, load stem, and go....

SquirrelMaster

@BrianTL
That's awesome, post some pics when you get it! There was a lot of back and forth between myself and I :lol: last week and then with a little help from @underdog he gave me the gentle nudge I needed to start a custom Alphadog order on the weekend. Probably doesn't help that @arb has had me drooling over one with his constant praise. @Shit Snacks gets some credit too, he pushed me towards the company and the awesome vibe going on in this thread when I started looking at logs months ago so they've been on my radar for a little bit.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@BrianTL
That's awesome, post some pics when you get it! There was a lot of back and forth between myself and I :lol: last week and then with a little help from @underdog he gave me the gentle nudge I needed to start a custom Alphadog order on the weekend. Probably doesn't help that @arb has had me drooling over one with his constant praise. @Shit Snacks gets some credit too, he pushed me towards the company and the awesome vibe going on in this thread when I started looking at logs months ago so they've been on my radar for a little bit.

Not for nothing, but @Shit Snacks pushed me towards UD a bit as well... that guy....

I was gonna respond to you on the 28th when you said the UD will probably be your first log, I had noticed you just got a vapbong too, I was going to say it sounds like we're both headed in the same direction because I was flip flopping between the VB and UD for my next purchase.

I'll definitely post a couple pics! But yeah @arb made me think about going Alpha, I emailed Dave when I started really giving logs a serious look, a month or two ago, and after talking to him it sounded like the standard log is perfect for me, at some point I may end up with an alpha but knows! I just dont think I need the alpha just yet.

Thats exciting - keep us updated on the status of the custom alpha!

For anybody else reading - I found Dave to be a great and accommodating person to do business with, and would do business with him again any time. I dont even have the log yet, but I dont have any doubts about quality work!

Gigsabits53

Not for nothing, but @Shit Snacks pushed me towards UD a bit as well... that guy....

I was gonna respond to you on the 28th when you said the UD will probably be your first log, I had noticed you just got a vapbong too, I was going to say it sounds like we're both headed in the same direction because I was flip flopping between the VB and UD for my next purchase.

I'll definitely post a couple pics! But yeah @arb made me think about going Alpha, I emailed Dave when I started really giving logs a serious look, a month or two ago, and after talking to him it sounded like the standard log is perfect for me, at some point I may end up with an alpha but knows! I just dont think I need the alpha just yet.

For anybody else reading - I found Dave to be a great and accommodating person to do business with, and would do business with him again any time. I dont even have the log yet, but I dont have any doubts about quality work!
You will be very happy with it, I'm positive. Dave & Amanda have had some bad karma recently, but all they put out is good karma!
Not sure I have ever been happier with a company. Great to deal with and their vapes are awesome!

SquirrelMaster

Ha, and I discovered the VapBong when he mentioned it somewhere else and I had to look further. Great vapers think alike!

The standard would probably be fine for me too but I like overkill :lol:. From looking through years of pics (I've spent a few hours) I'm having a hard time not gushing over the fact that I started an order. I'm gonna be like a kid on Christmas when it arrives.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Ha, and I discovered the VapBong when he mentioned it somewhere else and I had to look further. Great vapers think alike!

The standard would probably be fine for me too but I like overkill :lol:. From looking through years of pics (I've spent a few hours) I'm having a hard time not gushing over the fact that I started an order. I'm gonna be like a kid on Christmas when it arrives.

I like overkill too, but theres a method to my madness!

Eventually I'll be back for a custom order, I'm sure. It might not end up being for a couple years, but I'll be back...and then I'll go for a custom Alpha. I just didnt have the patience to go through that just yet! I'd be obsessing over it every hour of the day.

My vapes get put away when they're not in use (or at least the morning after)...I have a gf who isn't as, umm, "enthusiastic" about the real world functional differences between vapes and why I need more than 1 or 2 lol

So I ordered the aromatherapy cup too, some beeswax, and oils (those from amazon). Figure we can meet in the middle, I'll leave it out with some nice essential oils in it so the house smells nice all day... then when I get home from work I can bump the volts and take a few rips. Its like an undercover vape, hiding in plain sight...

Either I'm a genius or an idiot lol. Depends who you ask!

arb

Semi shaved ape

You have no idea what is coming..........lolz.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Awww thanks for the love everyone! :-)

Hey we got messages from a lot of people who are waiting on paychecks, etc and were going to miss out on the sale so we're going to extend it another couple weeks (or until the inventory runs out) so people have a better chance of getting in on the deal. Tell a friend... :cool::peace:

Thanks Dogs! :rockon:

underdog

Manufacturer

warren0728

I emailed Dave when I started really giving logs a serious look, a month or two ago, and after talking to him it sounded like the standard log is perfect for me, at some point I may end up with an alpha but knows! I just dont think I need the alpha just yet.
i have the standard (non alpha) dog and it is awesome ... you will love it! and yeah @underdog and @underdogette are a pleasure to work with!

SquirrelMaster

I like overkill too, but theres a method to my madness!

Eventually I'll be back for a custom order, I'm sure. It might not end up being for a couple years, but I'll be back...and then I'll go for a custom Alpha. I just didnt have the patience to go through that just yet! I'd be obsessing over it every hour of the day.

My vapes get put away when they're not in use (or at least the morning after)...I have a gf who isn't as, umm, "enthusiastic" about the real world functional differences between vapes and why I need more than 1 or 2 lol

So I ordered the aromatherapy cup too, some beeswax, and oils (those from amazon). Figure we can meet in the middle, I'll leave it out with some nice essential oils in it so the house smells nice all day... then when I get home from work I can bump the volts and take a few rips. Its like an undercover vape, hiding in plain sight...

Either I'm a genius or an idiot lol. Depends who you ask!
Ha yeah there is to mine too. At times anyway. My tolerance has been higher than usual lately and always rebounds fairly quickly after a tolerance break so I wanted to make sure I had something that I couldn't overwhelm.

I totally get where you're coming from, my wife is not pro cannabis at all so my vapes are no where near here. I wish she was so courteous with her shoes haha. I encourage her to buy what she wants so I'm just an enabler anyways.

I definitely need to pick up an aromatherapy cup. I do my vaping in the garage so it would be nice to leave the scent of lavender, peppermint, vanilla, etc. Seems like a great accessory!

Definitely a genious.

SquirrelMaster

Ha yeah there is to mine too. At times anyway. My tolerance has been higher than usual lately and always rebounds fairly quickly after a tolerance break so I wanted to make sure I had something that I couldn't overwhelm.

I totally get where you're coming from, my wife is not pro cannabis at all so my vapes are no where near here. I wish she was so courteous with her shoes haha. I encourage her to buy what she wants so I'm just an enabler anyways.

I definitely need to pick up an aromatherapy cup. I do my vaping in the garage so it would be nice to leave the scent of lavender, peppermint, vanilla, etc. Seems like a great accessory!

Definitely a genious.
Ah ha ha I didn't even spell it right. Wow! I can't even blame the dog yet.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I had one shipped this week, super excited. Just needs to make it safely to relatives in the states and then safely from them to me in Europe :bowdown: so hopefully in 2-ish months I can report back how it is ha

Does anyone have experience with running those dogs on EU plugs? My current plan was to just get a 0-12v variable power supply, just a shame they don't like as nice as the one shipping with it.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I had one shipped this week, super excited. Just needs to make it safely to relatives in the states and then safely from them to me in Europe :bowdown: so hopefully in 2-ish months I can report back how it is ha

Does anyone have experience with running those dogs on EU plugs? My current plan was to just get a 0-12v variable power supply, just a shame they don't like as nice as the one shipping with it.

No experience with it, but from their website, in case you missed it:

The power supplies we provide with our vapes have an American-style two-prong plug and are compatible with 100-240 volt input. If you wish to purchase a replacement power supply, or a power supply with your country's plug style, from a third party, your vape will be covered under warranty as long as the power supply meets the following requirements:

• Has a standard 2.1mm barrel plug
  • Is not used to provide your vape with 14v or more
In addition to these specs, we recommend you find a power supply that outputs at least 1-2 amps, so that you're not running your power supply at max capacity. Please note that you can use a 15v power supply, as long as you use it in conjunction with a dimmer or VVPS to lower the voltage being delivered to your vape to an acceptable level. For vapes made in 2014 or later, this is usually below 12 volts.

Our (blue box) VVPS units must be used with DC voltage, center/tip positive power supplies that output no more than 15 volts. Your power supply will also need to have a standard 2.1mm barrel connector plug and output at least 1-3 amps. The vape will only take as many amps as it needs, but it's good to have more as a buffer, so as not to run the power supply at max capacity. If running more than one Underdog at a time, you will need at least one amp per vape. ie: Two vapes at once would require at least a 2 amp power supply.

underdog

Manufacturer

Welcome to the Dog Pack! :cheers:

The included power supply (black box VVPS) is 100-240v 50/60hz compatible so all that is usually needed is an adapter for the wall-plug to make it fit your outlets. :2c::peace:

Top Bottom