• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

WOLFXXXXX

I think as long as it's a thinner Dog, it looks like it should have enough clearance. It looks to me that a fatter Dog might not fit, but it's tough to tell from a picture.

My plan was to request an Underdog with a diameter of approx 2.25" (same diameter as a standard size can of Pam).... Would you say this would be on the 'thinner' side? I didn't want to go too skinny with my requested dimensions as to not reduce/diminish the aesthetic presence of the chosen wood type...

I have some existing glass bubblers at home that wouldn't present any fit/clearance issue - but there's some things I dont like about those pieces... One doesn't have a good design (glass blowing job) on the mouthpiece area, so it isn't all that comfortable to draw from.... The other is completely enclosed (can't get any cleaning tools in there) and this can make cleaning a nightmare if you get any significant resin build up... Had a small bug/fly go into my bubbler and get stuck against some resin and died there stuck against the glass... You would not believe how frustrating it was having to spend 20 minutes flushing hot water and 91% ISO and salt through the piece and shaking the hell out of it before that dead bug carcass finally became dislodged, lol...

So I'm in the market for a new rig/bubbler - I just need to make sure this particular glass piece will work for my application (involving an Underdog vape)...

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@WOLFXXXXX - I think it will fit fine. I use my UD on a number of pieces and have never found it too close to the main tube - the neck however can be an issue. If the neck isn't bent or angled (like your photo) then you can end up with the log hitting you in the forehead. I use the short 14mm gong and the bottom of the log is about 6" up from the joint when inverted.

arb

Semi shaved ape
My Alpha dogs widest point is roughly 2 3/4" and stands about 4 3/8" tall.
I am flipping the cup screen so the cup points down with the air flow in both the nong and direct draw nylon.
The hearing element is roughly 13MM tall so
I keep the screen about 10MM deep in the direct draw which fits inside the heater.
The nong fits outside the heater and I keep the screen roughly 17MM deep.
Vvps is set at 11.1 volts and it is perfect.
Direct draw is a one hitter and the nong gets three with no stirring,no scorching just giant free flowing hits of tasty.
Draw resistance is dictated by now tight you pack it and a loose load works best.
Still have not reached for my ex usual still impressed with the air flow and giant sized hits that are tasty as fuck.
Now I just need one in flame box elder for mrs.arb,she would dig it.
😍

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Out of motherfucking control up in here!
🐕

Indeed!

Zoomie.jpg

arb

Semi shaved ape
My Alpha dogs widest point is roughly 2 3/4" and stands about 4 3/8" tall.
I am flipping the cup screen so the cup points down with the air flow in both the nong and direct draw nylon.
The hearing element is roughly 13MM tall so
I keep the screen about 10MM deep in the direct draw which fits inside the heater.
The nong fits outside the heater and I keep the screen roughly 17MM deep.
Vvps is set at 11.1 volts and it is perfect.
Direct draw is a one hitter and the nong gets three with no stirring,no scorching just giant free flowing hits of tasty.
Draw resistance is dictated by now tight you pack it and a loose load works best.
Still have not reached for my ex usual still impressed with the air flow and giant sized hits that are tasty as fuck.
Now I just need one in flame box elder for mrs.arb,she would dig it.
😍
Dropped the gong screen down 20MM deep load 0.25 crush in two hits at 11.0.
Still the daily,I tried shelving it and that was a long twenty five minutes.
I will let you know this weekend regards comparisons as that answer is kind of long and detailed but you're only gonna cry a little.
😆

eideal852

I just found a Craigslist ad near me for a UD vape in Movingui wood. They're asking $80. He says it works great. Is this a good deal? Anything to look out for, or ask the seller about if I decide to buy it?
sounds like a deal! Find out (if they know) the core type (sc1/2/air core) or when bought, and @underdog can help you here. He is the best of the best...

hillbill

Enjoying some Copper Chem f3 in my Underdog, about 6 years old and updated/tightened just prior to the Paradise Fire. Smooth and hard hitting with full taste and aroma! Always ready and always the same.

I do think the heavyweight cord should be standard.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I've been working with Dave (who's been great to deal/work with) to finalize an order for what will be my first Underdog log vape.... Haven't received it yet but I thought I would share a photo (courtesy of Dave), I went with some Pacific Yew for the wood choice... Cheers

qDB3Ebh.jpg
The pattern of that grain is crazy nice!
Which heater core is that beauty going to run?

arb

Semi shaved ape
They can swap out cores if you would like I believe also.
I would strongly recommend the alpha 🐕.
Still my daily using it 99%with the nong through water or a dry piece.
@underdog the alpha dry nylon wand is good but a little harsh on the throat.
I hear they have glass in now for the alpha units.
Best log vape I own and the only one that has lasted as the daily.
🎉

strech

It's going into retirement. I don't think it can be fixed. I think the inside degrades over time. It had a great run though.
I had my sc1 core changed out when it started to act up. I believe they can swap in new cores on most dogs. It's the air cores that are not changeable. Dave can chime in and confirm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom