Underdog Log Vapes

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Why Dont We Have Both GIF
The log vape hoarder in me approves this message.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, apologies for us being absent for so long.

I got sick going into summer and didn't get shit done for the duration unfortunately.. still not totally solid and still not sure what happened. Then in the beginning of August while still dealing with all that we suddenly lost one of our best friends, the one that took us in after the fire and who helped us get back on our feet and Underdogs back in production.. he'd just turned 50. We spent the following month trying to help the family get all his things sorted and taken care of, then his celebration/wake a couple weeks ago... where I got covid and have been sick as a dog (heh) since. We've somehow kept the packages shipping out daily during this whole shit storm but it's been an exhausting ringer to be honest and I'm hoping we're finally on the upswing.

It's fall. Log vape season. There's a person selling a UD in Golden Teak Alpha in the Ent. for $300. It was $420. It has a unique curved base that I always love. At first he said it was Curupau! But then he revised it to Golden Teak which is also beautiful. Anyway, what do you think? Should I do it for 300, or should I wait for new, fabulous drops from UD?
We have a couple pretty big iterations coming down the pipeline with arrival just sort of pending my feeling better and putting the final 10% together so I'd be a little hesitant to buy that unless you just really love the wood. Our upgrade/rebuild service is coming to maturity soon as well and that's a really exciting path for users to send in an old tired Dog and have it updated for a fraction of the cost of a new Pup.

Razhumikin

I got sick going into summer and didn't get shit done for the duration unfortunately.. still not totally solid and still not sure what happened. Then in the beginning of August while still dealing with all that we suddenly lost one of our best friends, the one that took us in after the fire and who helped us get back on our feet and Underdogs back in production.. he'd just turned 50. We spent the following month trying to help the family get all his things sorted and taken care of, then his celebration/wake a couple weeks ago... where I got covid and have been sick as a dog (heh) since. We've somehow kept the packages shipping out daily during this whole shit storm but it's been an exhausting ringer to be honest and I'm hoping we're finally on the upswing.

We have a couple pretty big iterations coming down the pipeline with arrival just sort of pending my feeling better and putting the final 10% together so I'd be a little hesitant to buy that unless you just really love the wood. Our upgrade/rebuild service is coming to maturity soon as well and that's a really exciting path for users to send in an old tired Dog and have it updated for a fraction of the cost of a new Pup.
Big iterations you say? Inquiring minds want to know! But in all seriousness, hoping that you feel all better soon and my condolences for everything thats happened over the summer, sending you much love from one of your biggest fans.

eideal852

diamond dogs arr

diamond dogs aar awoo oww oof

stay up, feel better, everyone can wait. impatiently maybe...

pomogirl

Fall is in the air. Log vapes are roasting. Will there be a drop this fall? Or should I spend elsewhere for now? That's the problem with artisan wood vapes--it's hard to stop wanting every species. But I'm not desperate!

Oh @eideal852 @underdog @underdogette I must have missed a post, but I hope things are calming down for you--Covid requires a lot of rest, and you all aren't really able to rest. I'm so sorry. I've had Covid for 3 weeks now after being in quarantine from March 2020 to June this year when we felt safe enough to eat out. But this surge was only in the news a week before we got sick, and the new shot wasn't even out yet. Who knows when we can say we're out of the woods with our health conditions. I couldn't move or think for 2 weeks, had to cancel a whole week of student appointments. Everyone who can/will should start masking, get the newest shot, and if you get sick, take Paxlovid or the co-morbidity LAGEVRIO asap especially if you're chronically ill. I had to take the Lagevrio because of my kidneys. And I had to drink a lot of water. I cut back on my cannabis, but edibles have been ok.

Anyway, get better soon, and rest more.

Last edited:

eideal852

Fall is in the air. Log vapes are roasting. Will there be a drop this fall? Or should I spend elsewhere for now? That's the problem with artisan wood vapes--it's hard to stop wanting every species. But I'm not desperate!

Oh @eideal852 @underdog @underdogette I must have missed a post, but I hope things are calming down for you--Covid requires a lot of rest, and you all aren't really able to rest. I'm so sorry. I've had Covid for 3 weeks now after being in quarantine from March 2020 to June this year when we felt safe enough to eat out. But this surge was only in the news a week before we got sick, and the new shot wasn't even out yet. Who knows when we can say we're out of the woods with our health conditions. I couldn't move or think for 2 weeks, had to cancel a whole week of student appointments. Everyone who can/will should start masking, get the newest shot, and if you get sick, take Paxlovid or the co-morbidity LAGEVRIO asap especially if you're chronically ill. I had to take the Lagevrio because of my kidneys. And I had to drink a lot of water. I cut back on my cannabis, but edibles have been ok.

Anyway, get better soon, and rest more.
feel better. just coviddededd myself last week!

ondemander

Just following up on this to say that @Alan made some paper stems for the alpha for me (which also fit the couchlog, btw), and they are really phenomenal! I also found that the 14mm glass-in-wood stem he made me fits perfectly into the mouthpiece, giving all the cooling benefits of glass and all the roasting benefits of paper. I highly recommend trying these out if you enjoy using a direct draw from the Alpha, it stays cleaner than glass and gives a more robust vapor from not absorbing the heat at the site of roasting. The paper and cork stems are super reasonably priced ($6 a piece), so its not a big risk to try them out either. Happy Roasting!
Are these still the only 14MM options for the Alpha? How do I place an order with Alan? I don't see that option on his website. Email?

ondemander,

pomogirl

Did you get the Lotus? : )
Hippy trippy dippy...I love that image. But no, no lotus yet...I bought too many other items this last month because I finally tried out the Entexchange and, well, wow! They even have amazing glass. And the occasional log. I got a Heat Island Square in the traditional walnut and maple (with nice sheen)! And a small, shapely walnut UD (not in their archive). But I loved the lotus look from day 1...I haven't seen more than one on ENT in this last month or two. You can learn a lot by following and watching the speed at which some things sell, or deciding who's asking for too much, or too little. I've missed out on some great logs too, but some sellers seem to want too much...but it's fun to medicate and shop a little after grading.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: just laughing...I'm still alive

Last edited:

darkstar72

Hippy trippy dippy...I love that image. But no, no lotus yet...I bought too many other items this last month because I finally tried out the Entexchange and, well, wow! They even have amazing glass. And the occasional log. I got a Heat Island Square in the traditional walnut and maple (with nice sheen)! And a small, shapely walnut UD (not in their archive). But I loved the lotus look from day 1...I haven't seen more than one on ENT in this last month or two. You can learn a lot by following and watching the speed at which some things sell, or deciding who's asking for too much, or too little. I've missed out on some great logs too, but some sellers seem to want too much...but it's fun to medicate and shop a little after grading.
Could you please link the entexchange site? I know it was on Reddit but got shut down I think. Thanks

darkstar72,
Reactions: pomogirl

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Happy Hump Day ya'll!

I'm just popping in to give you a quick update, and then Underdog should have a more detailed one for you on Sunday.

So.. Underdog's working (as fast as he can!) on the next refresh now, as well as trying to get the shop put back together after an unfortunate Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly of a hose that he'd connected to a faucet inside his shop. 😳 He was trying to save himself some time by using the shop faucet, instead of going around to the other side of the house, to water some outside plants, but the hose blew a leak and sprayed/flooded the whole shop while he was outside. 😅 Whoops! That happened several weeks ago, and the shop has just now finally dried out enough to turn off the fans and put everything back where it goes.

Needless to say, us and deadlines just haven't had the greatest relationship these last few years since the fire.... :rolleyes: So we're just working as hard as we can and swatting all these curve-balls that keep coming our way. It's almost comical at this point, but I do like to find the humor in things wherever I can. 😁 The refresh should have Alphas and SC3s, maybe some SC3 Pluses or other randoms, but any new vape iteration research/development has been put on hold until the new year.

Hope everyone is ready for winter! It's been pretty chilly the last month or so here. We went straight from 80F days to 20F seemingly overnight. Now that frost and light snow are pretty regular, guess we better add swapping out the summer tires for winter ones to the to-do list!

Stay toasty/ed my friends!

Top Bottom