Underdog Log Vapes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
darkrom said:
That Claro piece is awesome Dave!
It reminds me of an antique vase , the one people people paint with heroic stories :) and the Bamboo twig looks like smth that a Master can guide his students with :) .. If you cut one more even if it is just a piece of wood and not a fuctional vap and bind it with a chain ,IMO it will make one hell of a nunjacko :D (cool ninja accesoary)

Abysmal Vapor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
You know what was funny guys, I realized that the dog in Daves profile has red eyes, only could I truly see this when I was high as balls using the 3/8''. :) I understand now

Elluzion,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Abysmal Vapor said:
darkrom said:
It reminds me of an antique vase , the one people people paint with heroic stories :) and the Bamboo twig looks like smth that a Master can guide his students with :) .. If you cut one more even if it is just a piece of wood and not a fuctional vap and bind it with a chain ,IMO it will make one hell of a nunjacko :D (cool ninja accesoary)

Dave you might need to start another business. This time NINJA SUPPLIES! :ninja:

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

darkrom said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
darkrom said:

Dave you might need to start another business. This time NINJA SUPPLIES! :ninja:
I would gladly have a Canary wood nunjacko or Bocote Bo staff, Paduak Bukem :) .. Etc.. Looking at the design of UD's core ,Dave won't have problem even with manufacturing ninja stars :D and various shurikens..
Imo every self respecting ninja should have an UD killah set.. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wait what, UD is going Japanese? My grandma says I can't buy one in that case :(

She was held in a Jap prison camp in ww2 (my family from my mothers side comes from Indonesia),and threw my uncle out of the house when she realized the Kawasaki motorcycle he'd just bought was made in Japan. Took them years to reconcile, my family is kinda nuts :lol:

edit: Dave, I was looking around locally for usable silicon tubing. I've found some with an inner diameter of 10mm, rated from 50 to 280 degrees Celsius (up to 300 degrees for short periods of time) and it is food grade, is this what I need or should I look elsewhere? It says it has a 200% stretch ratio and is rated 7 to 8 for hardness (0,3 - 0,85 gram per cubic cm) & it has UL 94 V0 flame retardant properties, whatever that means. It comes in several colors but the clear one has the highest temp rating. I don't think I want the kind that's build up in layers to withstand high pressures, or do I?

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Placetime, but I wouldn't even know where to find a shop like that in my country. Not sure if it's just not that popular here to make you own beer or simply illegal.

I did read the that thread and find something locally, I just need to know if it's similar to what Dave uses. I never thought that there could be so many differences in a simple piece of tubing!

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Haha ninja supplies.. I'd probably go to jail being as I'm in California. :lol:

@ OTA - That silicone should like it should work, basically as long as it's max temp is high enough then you should be good and it sounds to be pretty firm which I prefer though you may not.

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think I'd prefer a firmer stem over a bendy one. I'll use a glass stem for direct draw and just need short silicon stems to mate with my waterpipe, which will be how it's going to be used 95% of the time.

I can get them in different sizes though. Which outer diameter works best with your glass stems Dave, or do you use a different kind for that?

Sorry again about all the questions... :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
I think I'd prefer a firmer stem over a bendy one. I'll use a glass stem for direct draw and just need short silicon stems to mate with my waterpipe, which will be how it's going to be used 95% of the time.

I can get them in different sizes though. Which outer diameter works best with your glass stems Dave, or do you use a different kind for that?

Sorry again about all the questions... :rolleyes:

No worries, ask as many questions as you want.. for use with UD glass stems I prefer a flexible, thin-walled tube instead of firm, only 1-2mm thick walls.

underdog,

scottio19

scotty
OhTheAgony said:
Wait what, UD is going Japanese? My grandma says I can't buy one in that case :(

She was held in a Jap prison camp in ww2 (my family from my mothers side comes from Indonesia),and threw my uncle out of the house when she realized the Kawasaki motorcycle he'd just bought was made in Japan. Took them years to reconcile, my family is kinda nuts :lol:

lol my grandma is Japanese and was sent to a U.S. internment camp in Wyoming. That is where she later met my grandpa. He was Japanese too but held a government job inspecting cattle, so he was not forced to live in the camps. haha I know I'm rambling but thought I could relate :p

On a completely revelant topic, I that tulipwood log two pages pack is BEAUTIFUL and I want to make sweet love to it! Any chance of you incorporating this wood into your twigs? I am very excited to see both the Padauk and Cocobolo twigs and will probably end up purchasing one once I get my wood dilemma figured out.

scottio19,

Abysmal Vapor

scottio19 said:
OhTheAgony said:

lol my grandma is Japanese and was sent to a U.S. internment camp in Wyoming. That is where she later met my grandpa. He was Japanese too but held a government job inspecting cattle, so he was not forced to live in the camps. haha I know I'm rambling but thought I could relate :p

On a completely revelant topic, I that tulipwood log two pages pack is BEAUTIFUL and I want to make sweet love to it! Any chance of you incorporating this wood into your twigs? I am very excited to see both the Padauk and Cocobolo twigs and will probably end up purchasing one once I get my wood dilemma figured out.
I am exited about padauk too, a twigs,although it would make some really nice combo with some tulip wood or osage-orange in some fullsize piece. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

stroh

errl enthusiast
SirElton said:
Dave and Underdog are awesome. That is all.

hell yeah, Dave is the man! consistently doling out awesome vapor experiences to all who have had the pleasure of becoming part of this wonderful pack of dogs :brow:

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
SirElton said:
Dave and Underdog are awesome. That is all.

hell yeah, Dave is the man! consistently doling out awesome vapor experiences to all who have had the pleasure of becoming part of this wonderful pack of dogs :brow:

Thanks dudes!

Sitting here tonight finishing and putting together some of the many pieces that I've previewed over the last week or so.. must. keep. working. gotta slog through this backlog and get these pieces into the hands of eager new pack members. :ko:

underdog,

abo27495

I saw on the HI thread that they are now being offered with variable voltage power supplies. Any chance of these coming with a ud? I know it probably wouldnt make a difference on the regular units, but the option to run the twigs a little cooler would be great.

abo27495,

underdog

Manufacturer
abo27495 said:
I saw on the HI thread that they are now being offered with variable voltage power supplies. Any chance of these coming with a ud? I know it probably wouldnt make a difference on the regular units, but the option to run the twigs a little cooler would be great.

I'm not sure what the specs are of the HI power supplies but I am offering a variable power supply that has settings of 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, and 12v now. These are basically for people who want to keep their pieces at a lower 'standby' temp and/or use them with aromatherapy products that benefit from a lower temp. I haven't added these new ones to the site yet but they should be up there pretty soon..

underdog,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Sorry if this sounds negative, but I don't see how those fixed voltages are going to be much use apart from putting it into standby mode. For useful temperature adjustment, a continuously variable supply in the 10 to 12 volt range would be needed.

hazy,

Abysmal Vapor

hazy said:
Sorry if this sounds negative, but I don't see how those fixed voltages are going to be much use apart from putting it into standby mode. For useful temperature adjustment, a continuously variable supply in the 10 to 12 volt range would be needed.
Well just order a power supply from HI guy.. both vapes uses same power and work in similar way i think..
Or try GOOGLE.. http://www.dhgate.com/dimmer-switch...light/p-ff80808133cfcdc10133d8c5e2040e90.html
Anyway i dont know how much Alan sales them for.. but if they are in the 40 $ range for that kind of money you can get off amazon Digital power supply that Dave linked few pages ago.. (meant for tattoo machines i think) and you can even run more than one log vape trough it...

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
The issue is that the FULLY variable power supplies (like the one I use) require a level of caution. For example I could jack mine way up and incinerate the dog :uhoh: or fall asleep with it over 12v or something.

My rule of thumb is I only go over 12v when heating it in a rush (even then like 13v tops for me) or when vaping pressed kief I use 13v-13.5v max, but I use it for a much shorter duration on those voltages.

The new power supply allows you to "idle" the vape at safe temps and then hit 12v when you are ready to vape. You could buy the power supply I have, but I'm pretty sure it's in Dave's best interest to not sell you something that you could use incorrectly and burn your house down while stoned off your ass :lol:

If anyone wants to know the model I have I can suggest it here if Dave is ok with that, or I could PM you. The key is that YOU have to be responsible with it, and neither Dave or myself is going to be blamed when you set the house ablaze while blazing.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Does the one you have eat 220V too Darkrom? If so I'd like a make and model please.

I've been looking everywhere around here, but the cheapest variable PSU I can find is around 60 euro's, that's like 80us$ excl. shipping. It may be a better idea to look for a simple 13 or 13,5V if I need more heat, I think I can find one of those for 20 euro's or so.

I found this really cool one on ebay, but it only goes to 5V :(

H01031.jpg

I'd love one of these & make it all purdy again too:

click me

edity: sorry, I thought the picture would be smaller :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

cluffy

Vaker
I don't see why anyone would need any more than 12V for the new core, if you need more heat you can just move your screen up!!! :2c: I just tried my new Twig without a bong or vapor tamer and it kicked my ass!! I have to draw pretty fast in order to keep in the comfort zone!!!! :ko:

cluffy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh well, I'm a bit of an electronics freak and I always wanted one, just never had an excuse to actually buy one. Figured now might be the time now I've actually (soon) have something to use it with.

But if I do get one it has to look good on my desk too, & I do like vintage stuff.

When I was looking for variable PSU's yesterday I also came across one I actually had as a child that would work. It's a Fleishman speed-controler for toy trains and it goes to 14V with a maximum of 2,2Amps (AC as well as DC). I better ask my mom if she still has my old train stuff, lol

Do you guys have these in the USA as well?

images

OhTheAgony,

abo27495

I would check out the HI thread. The variable power supplies he has are much simpler. It looks like the regular ps included with the ud with a power dial

abo27495,

Abysmal Vapor

Google tattoo power supply OTA :). I've posted early in the thread those :).
human-skull.jpg
gorilla-skull.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom