Underdog Log Vapes

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Are you leaving it plugged in all the time? They take about 40 minutes to reach peak operating temperature. It is best if you leave it running all the time so it is ready when you need it. If you are and are still having issues then check to make sure you have it in all the way. Sometimes it can come a little loose, but still be plugged in.

Slightly Medicated,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The adapter feels like its not going in all the way. I had it on for about an hour and my first hit was a monster. After that i had difficulty getting vapor.

mvapes,

AdmiralAlpacha

Yeah you can finish a stem in a couple good hits, make sure your screen isn't pushed too far up aswell.

I also find small loads work best for me, it means reloading often but I get more consistent abv and I feel like I get better hits.

Edit:

Dave would something like
OzqWr.jpg

be possible? And is my theory that it would provide cooler dry vapor correct?

AdmiralAlpacha,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Yesterday i made a glass bowl from one of the halfs of my broken gnome slider.. Sadly i cannot take pics now but i will try soon. The ribbed part of the heat exchanger makes perfect hold of the screen !
Calen uses Simax lab glass which is known to be top quality and it holds onto my twig with no issues. I think the size of the gnome hole is 9mm which perfectly fits to the 3/8 core just right :p. I added a piece of thich walled tubing and it became a 18 mm joint :). I just got a notoriously huge tasty cloud .. which i held like forever and then barked like forever. Anyway i made it trough !
<3 UD <3

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just emailed Dave - I think my issue is the power supply. It doesn't seem to fit tight on the pin, I think that may be the issue - after that initial heat the unit seemed to cool down significantly. I have it unplugged now as I eagerly await response from Dave. BUT, with that being said - that initial hit or two were f*cking awesome!

mvapes,
I had a similar issue with a power supply I picked up here ... It would get disconnected by the slightest bump. In the end I picked up a 2.1mm DC extension cord for a few $$$ an it's fixed the issue for me.

Edit: This is the extension cord ...

Another Edit: Looks like I'll be acquiring some hash next week (for the first time- its hard to come by in Au) and was wondering what the best way to use this in my UD is?

Rename Rev Ye Us,
Reactions: mvapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
There seem to be a lot of dodgy power sockets lately, I better treasure my nice & tight one :)

I always mix my hash with some fresh weed and turn the temp a bit lower to make sure the weed isn't burned before I'm done with the the hash, but some people use ABV instead.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: mvapes

djonkoman

I don't mix my hash with weed(or abv), I like it better just as hash. I use the (thick) silicopne stem, or now with my bong the glass stem with thick silicon as bowl, with some room between the end of the glass stem and the screen(somehow the thick silicone works best for hash, maybe it's the domed shape of the screen)
I drop in some pieces, take 2-3 hits, then I sir it up into smaller bits, and after this stirring it starts giving visible vapor. now I have a vvps I mostly use 13,1 volt and 13,5 volt for hash, this a bit higher temp gives me nice dense hashvapor. it also depends on the hash, I mostly have nepal, but for example a while ago I had some ketama and that ketama gives dense vapor at a lower temp as the nepal. but generally I like the temp for my hash a bit higher as for weed for denser vapor.

djonkoman,
Thanks OTA and djonkoman, I'll try both approaches :science:

I'm getting some bubblebag hash. I have no idea how that compares to nepal and katama - the last time I had hash was >10years ago (!) and I've never really looked into the different types that are available. I also just picked up this little bubbler and think it is going to be an enjoyable week (:

Rename Rev Ye Us,
Reactions: placetime

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
@dj how much hash do you put in? I always want to try it that way but I don't pick up hash that much so it seems like I'd have to drop in a lot for one sesh.

@Every that does sound like a fun week and that looks like a great lil bub for vaping. If we don't hear from ya for a while we know why lol

placetime

Thanks OTA and djonkoman, I'll try both approaches :science:

I'm getting some bubblebag hash. I have no idea how that compares to nepal and katama - the last time I had hash was >10years ago (!) and I've never really looked into the different types that are available. I also just picked up this little bubbler and think it is going to be an enjoyable week (:
a review of using that bubbler with an UD would be great! :brow:

placetime,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'd settle for a video :tup:

I haven't been able to successfully vape hash without weed or ABV so far, are there any special tricks perhaps Djonko?

ps: I think bubblehash is very similar to what we have here EUN

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

no, except the first hits to make the hash soft so it will stir into smaller bits, I easily get dense vapor from hash now with my vvps. without it it wasn't as dense, but now I can really fog up my bong with hash.

hard to explain how much I put in. I measure it in chunks/pieces. that goes back to when I still combusted hash, I liked to smoke hash trough a puipe, wich I did by placing the screen high up in thw bowl so that it was visible while hitting, and taking a tiny piece of hash so that I could finish the piece in one hit. this because hash burns away very well while not hitting once it's lit, but with my method there was no waste-smoke, it was quick and easy, and I could get really high from a small amount of hash. since the only smoke was what I exhaled, I could also do it inside at places where there shouldn't be excessive smell, as long as I exhaled everything out of a window. nepal also was extra-good for this purpose since it's so soft you can easily pinch off a piece of the size you want.

well measured in those chunks, I now put in 4-5 chunks or so(without my vvps and bong I used to put less in), maybe a little more since I think the size of my chunks increased a bit since I last used that combustionmethod, back then I was limited by what was convenient to hold in one hit, now I lost that measurement

SD_haze

@dj how much hash do you put in? I always want to try it that way but I don't pick up hash that much so it seems like I'd have to drop in a lot for one sesh.

@Every that does sound like a fun week and that looks like a great lil bub for vaping. If we don't hear from ya for a while we know why lol
I can also chime in on using 100% hash, no bud, in the underdog stem.

The first time I did it, didn't work too well. Mostly seemed to just bake into the screen.
However, after that 2nd time it began to work properly, I guess once the screen got dirty.

I didn't find putting a very small pinch of hash to be very effective, but loading enough hash that covers the screen and extends it out a bit worked amazing.

Probably one of the best "hits" period I've ever taken. Right up there with the flavor of a dab, without the usual harshness. If you're using a VVPS and cranking the heat, I found these bowls didn't last quite as long as I expected, but when you consider a dab vaporizes everything in one toke, it certainly didn't feel inefficient.

As for the hash to use, I've found a little plant matter can be beneficial. Don't want fullmelt bubble that melts down so well you could dab it off a nail, but also hash thats super-hard and doesn't melt at all doesn't seem to work too well either.
I've gotten best results from medium-quality ice water(bubble) hash, granulated & blonde colored

a review of using that bubbler with an UD would be great! :brow:

It works well with the UD. I was surprised by how small it is but it hits beautifully - I've already retired my 100ml EHLE. Happy to answer any questions you have about it.

I'd settle for a video :tup:

I'll see what I can do.

I measure it in chunks/pieces.

Chunks is an official measurement round these parts also. I'll start with 4 chunks and see how I go. I don't have a VVPS here but have gotten pretty good at regulating temp by distance of the screen and mixing with air.

Thanks SD_Haze ... I'll make sure to load enough so that it covers the screen and extends out a bit.

Rename Rev Ye Us,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ok, successfully vaping straight hash now copying Djonko's method :tup:

I'm using about 0,2 of a gram of really hard black Moroccan hash (it's called 'pollem' I believe), put my UD on 12,2V and it just keeps on giving thick white clouds :haw:

I swear they put some peppermint oil in this stuff, it's rather tasty but also a little off-putting. If I ever finish this bowl I better try some of the cheaper but tastier Ketama Gold I have left for comparison.

OhTheAgony,
Did you not like how your ehle 100ml worked with your dog? Because I am thinking about getting one.

The 100ml EHLE works great with the UD - you won't be disappointed. I picked up the Headford bubbler as I wanted something that didn't remind me so much of my bong smoking days ... and I had a friend who wanted my EHLE.

Rename Rev Ye Us,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
I have a question. I've been looking on this thread, and it seems like the UD stem is 14mm. If I had a water pipe with a 14mm opening, could I just Insert the UD stem into the opening on the water piper, or would I need to have an attachment or port? Thanks. I'm not very knowledgeable on this matter. :tup:

BigBurlyBill,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have a question. I've been looking on this thread, and it seems like the UD stem is 14mm. If I had a water pipe with a 14mm opening, could I just Insert the UD stem into the opening on the water piper, or would I need to have an attachment or port? Thanks. I'm not very knowledgeable on this matter. :tup:
It depends on the type of stem you're using. I use the fat silicone (I like the heat retention properties better) and those stems are too skinny to mate with 18.8, and too fat to mate with 14.4. So I take a razor blade and hack away to the end of the stem until it fits my 14.4 female joint.
:peace:

SD_haze

The standard thick tube doesnt go into a 14mm joint, but u can hold it against and make a seal.
It works, but not the most effective method by far.

You can get thinner tubing to make stems from that will go right into a 14mm joint and make a 100.0% airtight seal with as little or as much pressure as you push it in. There might be some reasons the thicker stems actually hit better, but I don't notice it too much (especially with the newer thin tubing Dave has started stocking, much more rigid)

Taking an average of all my UD use, the vast majority has been thin tubing+14mm bong

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I didn't really like the thin silicon combined with water filtration myself, it's a bit to flimsy for me.

The carved up thick silicon had my preference for a long time, especially combined with a glass stem, but I suggest trying out both since the stuff doesn't cost much anyways.

The weather is really nice here today, so I moved all my vapor stuff outside to show it off figuring my first vapor-video is long overdue. Unfortunately my camera's battery died during the second hit I took with my HI, but here's the first one with the UD. Don't blink cause it's a short one:

And here are some garden shots I promised Dave, welcome back bro :wave:

minip1010986.jpg

minip1010987.jpg

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs... I'm Back! :p

Great to see this place is as orderly and well mannered as always, you're all the best Dogs a guy could hope to run with. Just rolled back in here last night about midnight and am firing all the systems back up this morning.

Any of you who had orders in right before I left that didn't ship, those will ship ASAP (ie, today'ish) thanks for waiting so patiently.

I'll be back later with some trip updates, a couple of pictures (mostly from the drive home) and ready to get back to work. :peace:

PS> Nice garden OTA :brow:, all girls I hope?

gvape

Well its been a while since I have had enough time on this forum to post anything. I have had a bunch of movies and pictures sitting on my camera waiting to be uploaded. For now I want to show off the updated dog. Absolutely LOVING the 3/8 inch core over the 1/4 inch. Much larger bowl and I can get thicker hits. Dave really out did himself and hooked it up with a full kit. The unit has been running 24/7 since I got it, around 2 months now I believe. I really like the small size of the unit too, fits nicely in the hand for direct draw and perfectly on top of any glass. The glass mouthpiece works wonders. I like the slight bend from the bowl of silicone but the sturdiness of the glass mouthpiece. Although I would prefer a flat mouth piece over the straight round tube, I cant complain as the piece performs perfect functionality.

Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions about the underdog, Id be happy to answer any and all.

Top Bottom