Underdog Log Vapes

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
placetime said:
I haven't tried it myself, but there seems to be a growing number of people preferring a bowl like on that Silika bubbler over a "standard" 14.4mm joint for mating with UD silicone stems. What does everyone think about those two options for water filtration? 14.4 female joint/downstem or a more conical bowl, like on that Silika that Dave recently got?
I've got a bubbler with a conical bowl. It works well with the silicone stems and is satisfying to use. I don't think I need anything more complicated than that.

hazy,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
15v? :o 13.5 is my max before I start to charr. Glad you are finding what works best for you Dorkus.

Gonzo,

dorkus_molorkus

I think its to do with the 240v outlets here. it appears the voltage needs to be higher for the UD than those with 110v supplies. So perhaps 15v here is like 13.5v there??(dunno, just musing out loud with no electriacal experience at all)

I did check with dave regarding 15v & he did say it would be pretty well the limit, but would be ok as long as I didnt spend too long at 15v.

speaking of which, my puppy has warmed up & is right now a hot dog, so i better go & do some cloudage!

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
An ounce in three days, Dorkus?

To quote Bill Murray: You my friend...are an animal

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

Stu said:
An ounce in three days, Dorkus?

To quote Bill Murray: You my friend...are an animal

yeah, kinda shocked me too. But, then again, i am the guy who only at christmas finished 8oz in 8 weeks.
so, maybe not too much of a surprise after all. :D

Right now I have about 6oz of ABV, I gotta think about doing something with.

good thing i dont have an addictive personality or i might have a real problem. lol :cool:

dorkus_molorkus,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
placetime said:
Any further comments on that Silika piece? Do you think something like that is a better match for an UD than an Aquavape is?

I haven't tried it myself, but there seems to be a growing number of people preferring a bowl like on that Silika bubbler over a "standard" 14.4mm joint for mating with UD silicone stems. What does everyone think about those two options for water filtration? 14.4 female joint/downstem or a more conical bowl, like on that Silika that Dave recently got?

I'm very much liking the Silika piece and find the mates up effortlessly with the standard silicone stem tubing for a perfect seal with almost no pressure. I'm actually liking it better than if it had a gong joint. I'd really recommend the piece I have now over the AV hands down, the Silika is way easier to use, way easier to clean and just feels nicer. I liked the AV too but this is just so much better in my opinion. Thanks Abysmal!

@ dorkus - as has already been said, you my friend are an animal.. ;) I think you'll fit in around here just fine lol.

Alright dudes, if I missed any questions again just let me know. If I'm lagging on answering an email that was sent today I'll get to it in the morning.. I gotta crawl off and get some rest, this dog is dog tired. :ko: :peace:

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
placetime said:

I still prefer the 14,4mm GonG myself, if I could find he same weedstar hammer I have now with a GonG connection I would order it right away.

That being said, the conical bowls do work very nicely with the UD stems, much better then I expected they would.

Thanks for all that 220V testing you're doing over there Dorkus. I think I'm gonna give it a month or so, but if you still haven't blown your UD up by then I gotta get me one of those 15V feeders as well :lol:

I wish I could afford to blaze through that much weed though. I'm gonna grow my socks of this summer to get on top of that ;)

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hi to the pack,

I have been disconnected because of too much work...I'm back for good...
I heard some people in Europe had problems with their puppies?
Please let me know what is the issue (OTA & co) as I have to test some puppies sent back to me for Dave (they seem to be working here...).

Thx!

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you're back G, hope all is well on your end!

Do you have a mutlimeter? If so the first thing I would check is how many volts come out of your 220V adapters, mine only gives 11,3 (if I remember correctly it fluctuated between 11,2 and 11,3V)

With the car adapter + inverter, or with another 12V adapter I have (it came with an external HDD, this one gives me 12,2V) my UD works reasonably well, but I can't get the ABV to brown. It just takes it to a golden color with green bits at most. I can get the UD to run hotter, but only by heating it up under the blankets or some pillows for an hour or so. I do get a nice coffee brown ABV that way, like I want to, but from what I gather the UD should be able to do that on it's own already without the help of some so called 'winter clothing'.

Dorkus had some good results with higher voltages with Aussie 220V, but I haven't had a chance to try that myself.

OhTheAgony,

okikir

Hi everyone,

I'm new to vaping since Dec-11, and completely stopped combustion since then (after 8 years of decent smoking).
I'm currently using both a Volcano and a MFLB, but recently decided to try a log vape, -an underdog!-, as I feel like it may be the exact thing I am looking for ... :)

Well I eventually ordered this beauty http://lacentralevapeur.com/underdog-aromatherapy/23081120-dangerous-curves.html yesterday.

I hope to receive my puppy in the next 3 or 4 days, I would then be glad to give you some feedback as I am in EU too (France, for instance).

I think I can't wait to test this piece of art already... :ninja: Stay tuned :peace:

okikir,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
okikir said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to vaping since Dec-11, and completely stopped combustion since then (after 8 years of decent smoking).
I'm currently using both a Volcano and a MFLB, but recently decided to try a log vape, -an underdog!-, as I feel like it may be the exact thing I am looking for ... :)

Well I eventually ordered this beauty http://lacentralevapeur.com/underdog-aromatherapy/23081120-dangerous-curves.html yesterday.

I hope to receive my puppy in the next 3 or 4 days, I would then be glad to give you some feedback as I am in EU too (France, for instance).

I think I can't wait to test this piece of art already... :ninja: Stay tuned :peace:
Nice pickup dude :). Welcome to the pack and i hope you soon get into"FOG ON" mode :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Muut

Hey salut Okikir, j'ai aussi achet un UD il y a 2 semaines ;) pleinement satisfait :p

(for non french speaking I just told him I bought myself and UD too and that I enjoy it very much!)

Muut,

dorkus_molorkus

well here i am in soggy, but foggy down under blazing ahead with research & development. I would like to announce that another personal best has been achieved.

Considering the amount of use my vino is getting, I discovered a nice deposit of stem hash.
Made a LITTLE green/hash/green disc, packed that stem, i had my puppy on 15v for 25mins.

OMG! :o

I HAD THE BIGGEST HITS I EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE VIA A VAPE!
I cant remember whether it was hit no1 or 2 that brought me to my knees, my lungs hurt, the room disappeared in a foggy cloud & i felt like I had been headbutt several times.

being the dedicated professional i am, I managed to summon the inner strength to finish the stem, just.

I am sofa king stoned, I just had to share. :ko:
I need a new card for my camera, I have enough wand hash for a nice big stem.

might have to go get a new card & get my spielberg face on. this shits gotta be seen to be believed. :D

@OTA- This 15v deal is like vaping nirvana. fingers crossed it will keep performing for me.

stay tuned for the vid fellow doggies.

dorkus_molorkus,

darkrom

Great Scott!
15v for 20 min WOW. Someone has to do the stress testing right :lol:

I'm glad to hear how much you enjoy it!

darkrom,

dorkus_molorkus

Ok then 15v testing is over. My conclusion is that 15v for any length of time is too hot. Although great for hash, but overall the taste is too bitter to vape at that temp all the time. Besides, the ABV is very nearly black
& I get the feeling the vino is just working too hard.

Seeing as i am against doggie abuse, I am going back to 13.5v for a bit & hopefully the new PS I got yesterday will do the job, and 15v wont be reqd unless there is hash involved. :D

But as promised here is the vid of 2.5 hits at 15v doing a hash sandwich.

As you will see 2.5 hits is all I can muster, there was plenty more to come, I just couldnt continue.

I now remember it was the 2nd hit that beat me up the 1st time (& the 2nd time too)

Anyhoo, to summerise.

15v is too hot, but great for hash.
Dont be an internet hero & do massive hits of hash
If said massive hits of hash beat you up & shit down yr neck, then dont tempt fate by doing it again!
dunno what else I forget...................... staggers off for cheese toastys. :D

EDIT-turns out this stoner bought the wrong card for the camera and the vid wont upload or anything.
Sorry folks, but take my word for it, IT WAS MASSIVE.

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hmmm, it's quiet in here.

To bad about the video Dorkus, don't give up trying though ;)

Welcome Okikir, that's a nice one you picked there!

The UD stems are to thin to fit a 18mm connection Placetime, they fall right through. It would work if you slide a wider piece of silicon tubing over the end of the stem to make it a bit thicker. Although when I think about it might still work without any add ons with some downstems, depending on their design. If the downstem just tightens up slightly after the GonG joint you could just press the UD stem in and make a seal anyway, that's what I do with some of my thinner Solo stems (icw a 14mm downstem).

I don't use or own any adapters btw, I just cut a tapered and to my stems. So far I still have been able to mate every vape I tried to a waterpipe without adapters.

Not really sure why I prefer the 14mm GonG over the conical bowl. When I think about it some more they both work equally well with the UD. I have more vapes though, and the others mate much easier with the GonG (some if not most vapes simply aren't compatible with the conical bowl), perhaps that plus the fact that I prefer using the Ehle over the Weedstar hammer (if I had to pick just one) was why I answered that the way I did.

OhTheAgony,

weedemon

enthusiast
The newest addition to my vaporizer family collection!

Claro Burl (Walnut)
rZhxq.jpg

iZiN8.jpg

love the size! think it's gonna fit in my hand very nicely!

Can't wait! I also got a 15 foot extension cord this time! With my current room setup the legnth is a few feet too short. my solution? have 2 wall adapters in the same room at opposite ends of the room! haha! This extension cord is gonna be way better!

Available in 10, 15 and 30 foot lengths! Just so ya know! I think the website says 30 foot sections only.

weedemon,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
You'll love it weedemon!! My claro walnut burl uber twig is a real beauty!!!

Nice to see you pick up such a classy dog!

MarcellusWiley,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ FLskwat - welcome back dude, I've sent a few people your direction lately..

@ okikir - welcome to the pack, hope you enjoy your UD!

Looks like everything is well in hand here, as usual you guys are a well behaved pack of Dogs.. or maybe just well medicated? :brow:

I'm just dropping in to share a few shop update pictures from today:

A nice little Movingui Twig for a new UD pack member (the pic doesn't really do it justice)
%2840D_12698%29.jpg

An experimental piece for an experimental kinda guy (who's not a FC pack member)
%2840D_12700%29.jpg

Another Goblet, this one out of Jatoba
%2840D_12702%29.jpg

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Wow Dave, those are beautiful. Out of curiosity, what is the price of that new Goblet?

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Wow Dave, those are beautiful. Out of curiosity, what is the price of that new Goblet?

Thanks dude.. the price on that one is going to be $269, it might be claimed already too but I'm not completely sure on that. It's a really nice wood that's regularly found in the Caribbean and luckily I have a decent supply left, probably 2-3 more full size pieces and maybe 3-4 Twigs worth.

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Yeah, it is very common back home which is why it caught my attention so much. Can't wait to see the other upcoming pieces of Jatoba.

Gonzo,
Top Bottom