Underdog Log Vapes

dorkus_molorkus

Lovin the whip setup I got going. I always figured vapor is vapor, but the UD is totally ripping my head off.
Went to bed last night more blazed than I had been in a long time.

@OTA- with the power supply I got I just leave it on 12v & click it up to 13.8v when I sit down.
By the time I grind n stuff, its ready to go. For the $40 from a shop 3 blocks away, it was a pretty simple fix to get my cloudface on quickly. ( I would have paid $20 online if I wanted to wait for postage)

I think I am going to keep the whip setup, I'll just improve on it a little. vino makes a good little desktop vape.

@dave- I find that vino's abv is a fair bit green still compared say to the solos abv. Considering that my power supply is supossedly running 13.8v could I in theory go up to 15v for short bursts while I am vaping for that totally toasted brown? then set it back to 12v in between.

Also do you know if the end on your glass stems would take 7th floor tubing? Or if there is anyway to get one or 2 that does? Because if it did, there is the solution I need to make the vino into a classy desktop whip vape.

Just insert the tube into the top of the glass stem, whack on a WPA on the other end.
voila, the coolest looking whip vape around.

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

caseball2051

dave (or anyone else who has the answer)

Do you plan to make an economical base unit UD in the future?

Also as an annoucnemnt for anyone interested, I have a 25% off code for a contest I was an honorable mention for that dave held back in the fall. I was hoping to be able to purchase one of these units but an engagement ring has become more of a priority. (yeah, i know :uhoh:)

Ill be posting some type of contest tonight to raffle off my code to someone that will use it. If you enter, please intend to use the code. Id hate to see it go to waste like it is in my possession.

More info coming tonight!

caseball2051,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey caseball2051 ! What a noble gesture :) .. I think that lost dogs were about 150 $ .. Uber twigs (currently aviable) 175 $ with the 25 % off you can easily get yourself a dog for 110-130 $ .. Which is a do not miss deal if you ask me.. :).
Btw i just made a joke to my GF that if i am ever going to marry her.. Her ring will not have a diamond.. but will have an inbuilt high tech vape.., :)

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Dorkus, the glass stems for the UD have a flattened mouthpiece, mine will fit in the 7thfloor tubing but it's a bit hard to get in. The other (bowl) end mates with the tubing perfectly if you're just using it as a mouthpiece. They are handblown though, so I'm not sure how much variation there is in size between different stems.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

OTA- would you think the tube would be a better fit on the glass stem if the end wasnt flattened?
maybe i can get one with out the end flattened or i could just get it trimmed off locally, then it could be a bit shorter.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It fits just fine, but it would be a bit easier to get on it if it was round perhaps. Not sure though, perhaps it stays on better with the flattened shape.

How do you plan on using it though? Because I don't really get what you want to do with it. Perhaps with a little more insight I could answer you better. You do realize that the glass stem still uses a piece of silicon as a bowl, right?

edit: I just reread your post and get it now. I don't think the glass stem would do you any good that way though. The 7thfloor tubing goes around the glass stem btw, not inside. They're pretty thin, a little thinner than a Solo stem.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

I am just replacing the clear sleeve that joins the silicon bowl to the 7th floor tubing using the glass stem instead.

its just for looks really, a bit more classy and purposeful than the hatchett job whip setup i have ATM.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, don't do that, lol

The glass stems use a thinner silicon as a bowl. I'm pretty sure that the glass stem would pop out of the bowl just under the weight of the DBV tubing.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

back to the drawing board then. :/

for me personally, a whipped doggie is where its all at.

i am really enjoying the simplcity of it all. I found picking up the vino and vapebonging quite cumbersome especially after using the solo as a daily driver for all these months.

Now i just pack & fit the stem, drop the WPA in, huff away & lift the WPA to clear.
exhale major cloudage
rinse & repeat x4
stagger off looking for food :D

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
lol, funny. I'd personally be very happy if I never ever have to use a whip again. They're so clumsy imo.

I think all you need is a small glass or metal tube to connect your DBV hose to the UD stem, right? I think you can just buy glass tubes in various sizes. I just don't know where. You could ask Toasty Top/HI-Alan, he uses different size glass tubes to make the stems for the HI.

OhTheAgony,

placetime

underdog said:
Alright peeps here are a few lineups of the new pieces I finished today.
Those look great dave! :cool:
i'm curious--what kind of wood is 6a?

I like stem caddies too. Currently, I just use a block of maple wood that I drilled some big holes in. :brow:

placetime,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ dorkus - you would probably be ok boosting to 15v for a few minutes now and then but be very, very careful not to forget and leave it there or stuff will get damaged. As far as the glass stem > WPA > 7th Floor I'm not sure, I'm near-clueless when it comes to that kind of stuff. If you can explain in more (simple) detail what you mean maybe I can help. :p

@ caseball - no plans to build anything at a lower price point in the foreseeable future, as far as UDs go a Lost Dog is probably as cheap as cheap is going to get.

@ placetime - 6a is Tulipwood, four pieces pressed into one. Pretty huh?

underdog,

placetime

underdog said:
@ placetime - 6a is Tulipwood, four pieces pressed into one. Pretty huh?

It looks great, imho. Couldn't tell from the pic that it's multiple pieces of wood. 1c looks interesting too--is that also multiple pieces of wood, or is it just one piece of multi-colored wood?

edit: Also, in case anyone else is interested, I contacted the silika people, and they are indeed only a wholesaler. But they did tell me that boroworx.com sells some of their stuff (and told me the closest LHS to me that carries their work). Dave--are you by any chance going to try to offer some of their glass along with your vapes? :brow:

placetime,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Dave, if you take a look at Dorkus his photo you see a wider piece of tubing where the longer tubing and the UD stem come together. He wanted to replace that wider piece of tubing with a glass UD stem.

My cheap 17 euro Weedstar hammer just came in guys, & I'm liking it :D

It's pretty heavy and feels very sturdy for a piece of glass. I weighed it at 180 grams but it feels heavier I must say.

The bowl mates perfectly with my tapered-carved UD bowl by the way. Diffusion is great, the slitted showerhead (at least I think that's what it's called) purrs away nicely and it is really quiet. It doesn't take a lot of water so the taste stays great too. I would have preferred it without a carb hole, but it is located pretty convenient so I may get used to it. If not I'll just get one of those glass repair kits and stuff it permanently. I just love the flared mouthpiece. It's the first portable water-thingie I tried that has one and I really prefer this type of mouthpiece that goes over the lips instead of between them, it just feels more like what I'm used to using. The Weedstar logo is embedded in the glass btw, so it won't come off.

Overall I'm really happy with this, my search for portable water filtration is finally over it seems. Thanks for sharing this find with us Muut! And also a thanks to Gonzo, you were the one who peeked my interest in this type of bubblers after all.

I just hope I'll be able to keep it clean, since it doesn't look like I can use my collection of brushes on this one like I'm used to with my Ehle. But time will tell. Anyways, here are some quick snapshots I took so you guys could have a closer look:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

edit: The 18mm bowlholder works pretty good as a stand btw. The one I got (this) is a little deep for my Bowls (I cut up my UD-stems to 5cm bows to use with water filtration), so I cut up an old piece of 7thfloor tubing (gotta love having that stuff around) and jammed it in the bottom so it wouldn't fall in/through. It would be perfect for regular size UD stems though. The 14mm ones don't work to well for me. The way I've cut my bowls just doesn't really fit them nice enough, the tapered angle is a bit off compared to the GonG shape so you have to really jam it in there before it's stuck, which makes it a bit cumbersome to use them.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OTA I might need to get that bubble for my thermovape!

I was looking for some kind of on the go water filtration when I'm on my way to the movies or whatever. Might be a bit of a stretch using 1 hand on the TV and 1 on the bubbler though...obviously would only work when I'm not driving haha.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I haven't seen it at a shop that ships outside of the EU yet Darkrom, but it's called the 'single bubble pipe' by Weedstar if you want do do a local search for it.

If it isn't available for you guys I'm willing to get it for you and ship it to you myself, but that will drive up the price a bit since it would have to be shipped to me first before I can ship it to you. I'm sure it'll come to the US as well though, Weedstar sells all it's other stuff over there too don't they?

I wouldn't recommend driving under the influence anyway Darkrom, but you do need two hands indeed. I don't know any better myself though, I don't think I've ever had a vape I could operate with just one hand since I only vape through water.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Hey darkrom don't bother wait... for Weedstar product lol.. You can buy quality american glass ..
http://www.boroworx.com/product/cb-49
cb_49.jpg

http://www.boroworx.com/product/cb-48
cb_48.jpg

Here the 50 $ piece is what Gonzo got and he recommended ,I also heard that Dave is going to get one of these soon :rolleyes:.
I personally like the perc of the 75 $ piece more.. but IDK if it justifies the price.. They got free shipment which takes 3-5 days :).
If you are looking into smth a bit more special :)..
I think this liquid hammer is totally badass :) .. but 140 $ ..
10-purple-liquid-perc-hammer-diffuser-bubbler-waterpipe-f96f.JPG

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I wonder if the shape of the mouthpiece on that second bub allows enough room for use with a UD?

I would probably go that ^^ way to though, if I was in the US. It is however twice the price, and the Weedstar does feel well worth it's costs I must say, plus it has that nicely flared mouthpiece. .

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

http://www.brotherswithglass.com/CSI_Glass_Mini_Can_Showerhead_Bubbler_p/bwg-ktm89c.htm Only 40 $
Here is another one that i like .. especially the mouthpiece.
BWG-KTM89C-2T.jpg

BWG-KTM89C-3T.jpg

------------
I am currently using my with a 9mm glass tube from my gnome . The airhole is narrower than but it still hits the same.. I also enjoy flavor more when it come out of a tiny hole .. LOL.. :D

IMO it wont be a trouble to use with UD at any angle.. May be a longer stem to allow more flexibility :).
-----------------
Totally not related.. but what do you think of using the Hydra tube style.. with this ?
BWG-OR10-2.jpg

BWG-OR10-3T.jpg

I am quite sure that dogs can be even attached to id so u can carry around like a bong :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh yeah, I had my short stems in mind but that's variable of course, never mind.

I like the looks of that hydra tube, but I'm not really sure how to use that? Where would the vapor go in and what do you do with those two stems?

OhTheAgony,

Muut

@OTA

After several days, I have to tell you that my ABV turns Brown and not green anymore^^ So I believe I don't have any power issues finally!

Can you give me your feedback about this hammer bubbler?

I planned on getting a bong, but finally I will go for a bubbler.

The thing is that I don't know what to choose, and I don't know a lot of good websites for this.

I would like to put between 50 and 60, I believe I can get something decent for that price. Any ideas?

I found this but it looks a bit too fancy :p

roor-skull-gun-htcc-2011.jpg

btw I don't know the price of this thing, but it's from Roor, so I believe it's EXPENSIVE

Muut,

Abysmal Vapor

This is a oil knifer set :) You put the oil on one knife heat up the other red hot.. top the oiled one and catch the vapors with the Tube :)..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah gotcha. It looks awesome, but I think I would need a third hand with that.

Muut, we're going a but to much off topic I so I've answered you per email. Check your spam folder if you don't see it ;)

OhTheAgony,

placetime

OhTheAgony said:
Muut, we're going a but to much off topic I so I've answered you per email.

OTA & Muut-- If y'all don't mind, would you move it to the Glass section instead of off-site? I sure would be interested in hearing more info about and reviews of small bubblers for logs, and I bet others would be too. :) :2c:

placetime,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Ooooooooh.. the mailman just dropped off my new CB 49 glass piece. It seems very well made and is sooo surprisingly small! I'll take a pic later and post it compared to the small AV.

Thanks for the hookup Abysmal! :peace:

underdog,
Top Bottom