Underdog Log Vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Beautiful wood indeed, check out these:

head-tube-jatoba-778x519.jpg

jatoba_bowl2.jpg

Or try vaping some Jatoba beans with your Jatoba UD :brow:

jatoba-21.jpg

That experimental piece looks absolutely crazy Dave.

Lighthouse, bishop, or pepper mill? :lol:

OhTheAgony,

weedemon

enthusiast
the jatoba piece is amazing! :) look at that grain!

@ OTA, it's a replacement. my first one became sick with a loose heater core, and is retired to being a bookend now! it's too beautiful not to keep on display :)

Dave took care of me right away and I couldn't be happier with the customer service!

weedemon,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
underdog said:
OhTheAgony said:
Dave, I think you missed a few questions (not all mine) since you've returned from you trip, so I'm just repeating them:

-Do you have any pictures of stem-caddies you made in the past you can show us?

-What (and when?) is the best way to apply the underbutter?

Ah, thanks for bring the orphaned questions to my attention.. not that I'm only being able to check in once or twice a day it seems questions more prone to getting buried and my not seeing them.

- I can't find any pictures of old stem-caddies even thought I thought I had some, maybe they'll turn up yet. I'll be making some nicer ones soon though so you'll all be able to see those soon enough. Many many website updates to do at the same time.

- I like to apply the UB the way that darkrom mentioned, ie let the piece get nice and warmed up then use a soft cloth (t-shirt material is great) to lightly rub some UB onto the piece and let sit on there for a bit then wipe any left over stuff off the piece. You can also rub it on the leather bottom of the piece if you'd like. Try to avoid getting any on the core or in the bore hole around the core as it can result in minor amounts of smoking for a few hours until dried up.

Gotta go finish up some pieces in the shop then back for more FC updates.. :peace:

UPDATES: >>

Just finished this custom piece for a soon-to-be new pack member and thought I would post for you all to see. The goal was to make a nice sized End Grain Goblet similar to the Ash/Walnut one from the website but with Ash and Bloodwood and I think it turned out really nice. Hard to see in the photos but there's a nice amount of iridescence in the woods. Pictured with my new Silika CB-49 which is awesome, small and works great!

I'm also tossing up a pictures of the Silika with the Silver Maple UT for a better size comparison..

Alright, back to the shop again.. later.

http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/shop-updates/Red&WhiteEGG.jpg

http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/shop-updates/Red&WhiteEGG&Silika1.jpg

http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/shop-updates/SilverMapleUT&Silika1.jpg

I can't help but love that goblet piece due to the similarity to the end grain that originally called to me :p, i also like the more recessed core because then you never have to worry about spilling the copper cup (which I had big issues with). BEAUTIFUL WORK DAVE ;).

Elluzion,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ OTA - my vote is for peppermill :lol: although I do like the lighthouse idea

Abysmal Vapor said:
http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/shop-updates/indpcs/(40D_12700).jpg
That one rocks.. I know you are doing just 3/8 cores.. and it might be cuz of the slim design.. but by any chance this is 1/4 core.. it just seems slimmer :)

Looks can be deceiving eh? I purposely didn't post this picture the first time because I wanted to see if people thought it looked small or large.. :p

%2840D_12700%29b.jpg

underdog,

djonkoman

@OTA: a while(few pages) back you said you knew a better store than technisch doehetzelfcentrum to buy AC/DC adaptors, wich one is that?
because I finally decided to give into my UD-wanting urge, so I'll need an adaptor for when it arrives

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Djonko, I was referring to Boonstra electronics on the Voorstreek. They have a matching non switching 12V DC adapter there for around 22 euro's, or a inverter for the car adapter for just 10 euro's, or a really nice variable PSU for 55 euro's.

But from what I understand you can just use your PD adapter with the UD as well, perhaps someone else can confirm that?

Which one are you after, is it one from France or one from the USA? If you pick up the maple or silver maple twig from the UD website I'm going to have to come over to test it out once it is here I'm afraid, they have been whispering to me from the moment I saw them online... :uhoh:

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Woah ! It wont be a wonder if the owner gets too much pleasure with this design :lol: dunno bout lighthouses and pepper mills :).

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

@OTA: thanks, wll have to take a look over there.
I could use the one fro my PD, but my PD is kind of a problemcase(incomplete pandorakit, bought it 2ndhand), and the thing you plug the plug of the adaptor in was also missing and I could't get it around here. so for that PD I just cut off the plug of the adaptor and connected it permanently. so I could cut it loose, attach a plug etc but I rather just get this dog it's own adaptor, without the hassle.
got that adaptor fpr the PD for about 15-20 euros I think
also used one from dealextreme.com for a while, but apparently they don't have safetymeasures, I had short circuit in the cord and the adaptor kept going, started spewing out spark out of the adaptor. while figuring out the problem I also destroyed a 2000mA adaptor belonging to my lavalamp, wich apparently did have safetymeasures since it doesn't work anymore and has no visible damage inside
the one I'm getting is this one:
http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/vapes/all-vapes/12670/
it's shipped already, think I'll have it somewhere next week or so

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gotcha. Make sure you ask for the non switching one. You may need something with a higher voltage if you're in to high temp vaping though, but you can always return or exchange the 220V adapter there if it doesn't operate satisfactory of course.

That's a pretty one as well. Be careful when you try that thing, it hits a bit harder then you're used to I think ;)

OhTheAgony,

okikir

Thx everyone for the nice welcome :)

@muut: tu as commandé sur la centrale vapeur? ça a pris combien de temps avant d'arriver? j'ai toujours le statut "Paiement accepté" sur le site et j'ai la patience d'un enfant :D

(eng.: did you order from la centrale vapeur? how long did it take to get to your home? I still get the "payment accepted" status and I have the patience of a child)

okikir,

underdog

Manufacturer
cool :cool: how far does the heating core go down? all cores are the exact same right?

Most cores are a standard size but occasionally I will make a custom one for a particular sized piece, this one is standard. It goes about 2 inches down from the top so between the second thin ring of wood and the thick ring.

Woah ! It wont be a wonder if the owner gets too much pleasure with this design :lol: dunno bout lighthouses and pepper mills :).

Hey what you guys choose to do with your UDs is your business, not mine! lol.. :razz:

underdog,

beers

Hey guys, New member of the pack and FC here. I purchased the Tineo from Dave and am absolutely in love with it!

edit I tried uploading some pics it didn't work out I'll have to do it later tonight.

beers,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
2pte3a9.jpg

I'm just playing with the image from the above post that was hijacked by an auto-smiley....

Stu,

beers

Cool thanks guys, look at my dirty fingernail I had been working all day that day lol. Thankfully I have a dog to provide the fog and help me relax.

beers,

stroh

errl enthusiast
welcome to the pack beers! that tineo piece is quite lovely, as is all the pieces coming out of Dave's shop recently

stroh,

beers

I am amazed by how small a lot of the dogs are and yes all very high quality. Stroh I must commend you on your videos about the underdog they definitely helped me with choosing a dog and I am so glad I did, I have owned many vaporizer including the almighty volcano but the underdog is the best one of all.

beers,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice video, Dorkus! :clap:
I guess we can't embed video from Imageshack? Looks like just Youtube and Vimeo and a couple of other sites I've never heard of can be embedded? :shrug:

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

cheers stu- that appears to be the case. :huh:

which is a bummer cuase i cant upload to youtube for some reason associated cause i use windows 7.
buggered if i know how that works??

dorkus_molorkus,

underdog

Manufacturer
Man.. this might be a good week to be a lurker waiting to swoop in on a Lost Dog cause I can't seem to look at a pup without it taking off. :dog:

This includes the last two high-end goblets I posted in the last few days and possibly some other high-end pieces to come... :rant:

underdog,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
so i've been a long time lurker on the underdog thread and have always admired Dave's work. i just recently found out how much money i'll be receiving in tax returns and although it's not much, it seems like i could afford to buy a lost dog as a college graduation present for myself :D

before pulling the trigger i'm a little hesitant and have a few questions but i'll first describe my usage a bit so you guys have a better understanding of my position. i'm a daily user and have only owned the MFLB which i use with the PA and WPA. i find myself packing 3 trenches a night and still slightly unsatisfied sometimes, but don't get me wrong though i love the MFLB. My rate of consumption is about a little less than a quarter oz per month.

so finally here are my questions,
1. How well does a UD twig conserve on herb? i would like to stick to the rate that i use now and not wind up using more than i do with the MFLB.

2. How much does a session with a UD smell? i live in a dorm so i can't have my room smelling too ridiculous and find that the MFLB stinks up the room often, even though i know it's because i take too big of hits :p

3. Does using the aroma cup after a session help a lot with the smell? and if so, is there scented wax or something that i can just keep in the cup and keep reusing?

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Top Bottom