• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TV Shows - General Discussion

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I just watched the first 3 episodes of Severance due to this thread and I can dig it even if I have zero fucking clue what's going on with some of it. Sometimes when I'm stoned enough watching a show or movie I think alot about making it and this has some amazing set and prop design, I love that green carpet and all those white hallways!

florduh

Yeah he directed a bunch, because his company produced it! (they've done a few other shows before) The opening title sequence is one of my favorites, subtle trippy creepy fun, definitely good weird!

Wow! I forgot Patricia Arquette is in Severance as well. Pretty much everyone's on AppleTV. Well, almost everyone...

@710yota It's a very weird show, and I still don't know exactly what's going on, but it gets a little clearer as the season progresses. It's a mystery show though so I'm ok with it. Reminds me a little bit of LOST. At least the earlier seasons. Some season 1 of Westworld vibes too.

I liked the earlier episodes but it wasn't until the 5th or 6th episode that I realized this show is a certified banger. I really hope they can stick the landing at the end of the season.

Totally agree on the sets. It's definitely a "COVID Show". Never more than a few people on screen. Lots of shots of empty hallways. But it all somehow looks great. I also only watch the show a bit faded, but my girlfriend loves it too. So I don't think it's just the weed.

Besides the more famous cast, I'm really impressed with this dude:

Happy Ben Stiller GIF by Apple TV

Last edited:

florduh

I liked the earlier episodes but it wasn't until the 5th or 6th episode that I realized this show is a certified banger. I really hope they can stick the landing at the end of the season.

They stuck the landing.

Adam Scott Dancing GIF by Apple TV

Severance absolutely followed the Westworld season 1 arc. In both shows, the finale gives you exactly what you hoped to see from the first episode on. Very satisfying. They also both end on a cliffhanger where you're desperate to see what happens next. Hope their second season is better than Westworld's.

vapirtoo

Yep, I feel into this rabbit hole and I'm really enjoying the mystery and all.
Final episode was last night, and I'm to uptight to view it 'till I get really high.
Amazon's the Expanse had me like this. I'm such a wimp when I get caught
up in a story.
I also became fucking obsessed with Matilda Lutz as the robot in Netflix's
Zone 414.

florduh

Final episode was last night, and I'm to uptight to view it 'till I get really high.

You'll want to double your dose. If you're caught up to the finale, you can more or less guess what's gonna happen. Very satisfying to watch. I know I've got a banger on my hands when the show can make me literally cheer. When John Turturro finally cracks and says "you smug motherfucker" to Milchick in episode 7 had me yelling "fuck yes!" at the TV. The finale had several moments like that.

The season's tension was sort of a slow burn. The last episode turned the tension wayyyy up from beginning to end.

florduh

Just watched the final episode of Severance. WOW!
It ended on a cliffhanger and there's still plenty of mystery left, but I found it extremely satisfying. It gave me a lot of what I hoped would happen from the start. Couldn't be more proud of Helly R.

My political view is that corporations are going to eat the world and everyone in it. So shows like Severance and The Boys are right up my alley. I also like Sci-Fi. It's also just a very different show. So much of everything feels the same now. So I really appreciate when something feels completely different.

I tried to stop at 2x episodes a day of Severance...I managed pretty well as Halo and Moon Knight managed to get some attention.

I kind of like that Apple only drops once per week. Binging is fun and all, but sometimes everything will run together and I don't think I retained anything after it's all over. Plus, it's fun to look forward to the next episode dropping. It's like a throwback to a simpler time.

florduh,
Reactions: vapirtoo

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I figured I'd pop into the Severance-General Discussion thread and say that I also enjoyed the cliffhanger of a finale they left us with although it was slightly frustrating watching how much one dude can let himself be ignored. I'll be looking forward to season 2 for sure!

vapirtoo

Always good to hear from you Gino, welcome back!
Severence has so many mysteries running around, from the
baby goats to Mark running into his dead wife!?
Yeah, Helly R. ripped the meat right off the bone.
I loved the swagger she had as she approached the dias.
I can't wait to see the damage control Lumon comes
up with.
Mark's sister should stop him from returning to work.
Too much great stuff to consider.

vapirtoo,
  • Love
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I figured I'd pop into the Severance-General Discussion thread
LOL sorry for derailing the thread. It just seems like a sleeper to me. I annoy people in real life to watch it too.

I can't wait to see the damage control Lumon comes
up with.

Yup! That's more or less how the first season of Westworld ended. It left you saying "cool, but how the hell are they gonna get out of this shit!?"

Besides all the mystery and dystopian sci-fi, it's also a genuinely funny show. One of my favorite plotlines was Mark's "innie" treating his brother in law's dumb self help book as profound, because it's technically the only book he's ever read. "Bullies are nothing but Bull... and lies..."

I loved the joy on Mark's face in the finale when he gets to see the author of his favorite book do a live reading.

Severance-4.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah yellowjackets is good, interesting a different it is from the wilds though they have such similarities lol

MoonKnight is good so far, different than the other marvel shows a little more stand alone which is nice for a new character intro show, we haven't even had a movie with a new character in so long!

And yeah I am skipping all of these severance spoilers since I am going at my own pace haha I don't really like to binge so much anymore, there are way too many shows to watch, so I kind of create my own line ups across different network streamer shows, and space episodes a week apart (sometimes less or a little more)

Our flag means death is good silly fun if you are a fan of what we do in the shadows, also been enjoying Minx on HBO max too...

florduh

MoonKnight is good so far, different than the other marvel shows a little more stand alone which is nice for a new character intro show, we haven't even had a movie with a new character in so long!

That's good. One of my gripes with Marvel is that they assume you've watched 100% of their content up to that point. When I'm confused, my girlfriend has to pause and say stuff like "remember that minor character from a movie you saw at midnight 7 years ago?" and I have to say, of course not. Even so, I've enjoyed the series on Disney+ more than most of the movies. Loki was probably my favorite. Another show that's different.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's good. One of my gripes with Marvel is that they assume you've watched 100% of their content up to that point. When I'm confused, my girlfriend has to pause and say stuff like "remember that minor character from a movie you saw at midnight 7 years ago?" and I have to say, of course not. Even so, I've enjoyed the series on Disney+ more than most of the movies. Loki was probably my favorite. Another show that's different.

Haha totally, need to watch YouTube video easter egg breakdowns just to know what's going on more than the basic plot! Yeah I think they've done really well with most of the D+ series, wandavision came together, falcon was alright, but yeah I really enjoyed Loki, and Hawkeye was surprisingly possibly my favorite so far?? But yeah I just like how MoonKnight is actually a full original origin story separate from everything else :nod::cool:

Anyone watching Better Call Saul? First two episodes were very good! Pumped for this final season. I still can’t believe they made a Breaking Bad spinoff that is as good, if not better, than the original show.

Also excited for Barry to finally start back up this Sunday, as well as the new David Simon HBO miniseries premiering next week!

The midseason finale of Better Call Saul was incredible... Cannot wait for those final 6 episodes in July.

Also REALLY enjoying the never David Simon miniseries, We Own This City. Jon Bernthal is fantastic in it and the show feels like a spiritual sequel to the Wire (one of my favorite shows of all time). Only 6 episodes and it finishes up next week. Highly recommended.

Finally, Barry Season 3 has been quite entertaining. Really nailing the dark humor for me!

Top Bottom