TV Shows - General Discussion

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Really? Your going to take this discussion to another thread? One that you think is somehow more appropriate? I see.

Ok. Well I can't help but wonder if maybe you have some kind of nipple fetish and just really enjoy saying, reading, and writing the word nipple. A friend who was a therapist once told me that people who aren't breast fed will be searching for the nipple for the rest of their lives. Could this be part of your search?

While I will admit that I have a great affinity for nipples myself, I really don't need to keep talking about them in this group, so I really am done with this now. But I don't doubt that there may be others who will engage with you as love of the nipple is not uncommon. So good luck. :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Really? Your going to take this discussion to another thread? One that you think is somehow more appropriate? I see.

Ok. Well I can't help but wonder if maybe you have some kind of nipple fetish and just really enjoy saying, reading, and writing the word nipple. A friend who was a therapist once told me that people who aren't breast fed will be searching for the nipple for the rest of their lives. Could this be part of your search?

While I will admit that I have a great affinity for nipples myself, I really don't need to keep talking about them in this group, so I really am done with this now. But I don't doubt that there may be others who will engage with you as love of the nipple is not uncommon. So good luck. :tup:

No! It's because I hate the word (pretty neutral on the body part lol like I don't get the point of showing boobs and hiding the nipples, to avoid censorship, like why are the nipples the ultimate thing to see??), but why I pipe up to correct anyone who says it here, is explained in the quoted tirade (I only quoted them all here for context, not to continue the conversation!) so I still feel like my fairly ridiculous logic is sound :rofl:

Based on your post, I fear that you totally missed my point in posting here, it was because I saw that reference in the TV show, I even paused it with subtitles specifically to show you because I really thought it was a hilarious coincidence you would appreciate!

I'm sorry apparently you do not see the humor, I'll leave you alone now... Either way I felt like it was on topic to get it here, so I could mention I've been enjoying watching the show Younger too, but I digress again!

Shit Snacks

Nice, I really enjoyed Inside Job, I'm glad there's more coming.

I watched Nine Perfect Strangers recently on Prime. I heard an interview with Manny Jacinto a while back that made me want to check it out and it was well worth it.

Quoting you here to be on topic since nine perfect strangers is actually on Hulu in the US (had no idea it was on Amazon in Canada!) not Netflix like that thread is for ;)

I have two episodes left in it, it's okay, I love Manny obviously too, and yeah the way the actors were talking about it made me want to watch it, pretty good work by all of them, the show is a little eh to me though, definitely the big little lies author reteamed with that series' creator David E Kelley lol

SquirrelMaster

Quoting you here to be on topic since nine perfect strangers is actually on Hulu in the US (had no idea it was on Amazon in Canada!) not Netflix like that thread is for ;)

I have two episodes left in it, it's okay, I love Manny obviously too, and yeah the way the actors were talking about it made me want to watch it, pretty good work by all of them, the show is a little eh to me though, definitely the big little lies author reteamed with that series' creator David E Kelley lol
Ah I noticed the Hulu banner which confused me, but that makes sense. I was thinking of a Prime video thread but I didn't know about this one so thank you!

I like the idea of a "treatment program" like they use so I think that's why the show hooked me.

Shit Snacks

Ah I noticed the Hulu banner which confused me, but that makes sense. I was thinking of a Prime video thread but I didn't know about this one so thank you!

Haha yeah this thread is better than all the rest because of international licensing different streaming services have different things, even for their originals, nine perfect strangers is fully a Hulu originally here but there is not Hulu in Canada so they had to sell it to Prime internationally because it's also Nicole Kidman's company making it... So complicated!

I like the idea of a "treatment program" like they use so I think that's why the show hooked me.

Yeah it's an interesting idea, the microdosing was a timely topic for me as well!

Speaking of Prime, I'm watching the final season of Hanna now, and they have another new original called Fairfax that is an adult animated series and fun, but super heavy in Los Angeles culture lol

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Being in Oz means different (shit) programming a lot of the time for us. Also long waits for stuff to be available to our market. I gave up on Sat TV and Prime and now just use the following,
I have AdBlock Plus as an extension on Chrome and never have any trouble watching 1080p content, I think you have to pay for 4k.
@cybrguy, this should make you happy,
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jack-ryan-renewed-season-4-amazon-1235089105/

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have streamed a similar website (MusicHQ) to my TV, but without a decent adblocker on a TV it is pretty excruciating.
Thanks for the good news on Ryan. 2 years is a long time to wait for a series but covid fucked everything up so I'm just glad they lived through it.

C No Ego

I have streamed a similar website (MusicHQ) to my TV, but without a decent adblocker on a TV it is pretty excruciating.
Thanks for the good news on Ryan. 2 years is a long time to wait for a series but covid fucked everything up so I'm just glad they lived through it.
Fuck Ads ! Ads Suck ... I do everything I can to completely not see ads anywhere at all

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I know. I used a Tivo for many years, and when they changed to digital I had to give it up or pay another $500 for a new scrip AND $500 or so for a new device I just couldn't rationalize it. I was so used to skipping all commercials that it was excruciating (haven't I said that elsewhere?). Currently I stream with HULU and pay something like another $12/mo extra just to REDUCE the ads, and I record almost everything so I can fast forward through the ads they will let me.

Last edited:

C No Ego

I know. I used a Tivo for many years, and when they changed to digital I had to give it up or pay another $500 for a new scrip AND $500 or so for a new device I just couldn't rationalize it. I was so used to skipping all commercials that it was excruciating (haven't I said that elsewhere?). Currently I stream with HULU and pay something like another $12/mo extra just to REDUCE the ads, and I record almost everything so I can fast forward through the ads they will let me.
netflix is the only streaming service that automatically comes with no ads , no need to pay to reduce them etc.... click to see a something and that is what I want to see not a F'ing ad ! we use youtube on the TV and when an ad pops up I exit and restart video ... takes a couple of tries to finally reach what I'm actually seeking to watch ... ad F'ing suck and take all the fun out ... most of it is junk food ads or political and not really good for people at all.
edit - we keep stocked up on DVD also , pop it in and just watch that, no other forced viewing options ( FUCK)... and peoplepay huge amounts of money on cable to -0- Watch Ads ... we gave up cable 12 years ago

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I am so behind on the expanse now haha there is just too much TV!

netflix is the only streaming service that automatically comes with no ads , no need to pay to reduce them etc.... click to see a something and that is what I want to see not a F'ing ad ! we use youtube on the TV and when an ad pops up I exit and restart video ... takes a couple of tries to finally reach what I'm actually seeking to watch ... ad F'ing suck and take all the fun out ... most of it is junk food ads or political and not really good for people at all.
edit - we keep stocked up on DVD also , pop it in and just watch that, no other forced viewing options ( FUCK)... and peoplepay huge amounts of money on cable to -0- Watch Ads ... we gave up cable 12 years ago

Depends how you look at it, I don't consider it paying extra to get rid of the ads on Hulu, just think of it that Hulu cost $13 just like Netflix, without ads? Similarly you can pay for YouTube premium to get rid of the ads and it would be much more convenient for you with less headaches... Most everything else is starting to have ad supported tiers for people who want to pay less and don't mind the ads, but I agree ads are super annoying and thus worth paying the higher tier to get rid of them, or rather if you start that way you never have to experience them... For me Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Apple, HBOmax, none of them have ads, and they all cost about the same price more or less... So yeah saying Netflix is the only service that has no ads and that all others require you to pay to reduce them, well that's not true lol

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's funny. I love SciFi and people usually rave about Expanse, but I only got through a few episodes before it started seeming very soap operaey and I stopped watching. Maybe I didn't get far enough...
It WAS a long time ago that I tried to watch it, maybe it was something else that turned me off.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
maybe it was something else that turned me off
The stupid accents I would guess, are nearly as bad as Kiwis! Apart from that, it is OK.
Add this to Chrome (I watch everything streamed through my laptop to my TV)...I do not get ads on Youtube etc,

Robert-in-YEG

The stupid accents I would guess, are nearly as bad as Kiwis! Apart from that, it is OK.
Add this to Chrome (I watch everything streamed through my laptop to my TV)...I do not get ads on Youtube etc,
Another good choice....

Robert-in-YEG

"There is no need to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've been watching the 2nd season of Snowpiercer which is pretty decent, I actually enjoy it more then I did the movie. I've also been going through the TV works of Danny Mcbride, Righteous Gemstones is alright but I really love Eastbound and Down.

I'm all about uBlock Orgin on Firefox, I don't see any ads out here which is nice considering I don't use any streaming services just sailing the high seas

lookhigh

FC member
It's funny. I love SciFi and people usually rave about Expanse, but I only got through a few episodes before it started seeming very soap operaey and I stopped watching. Maybe I didn't get far enough...
It WAS a long time ago that I tried to watch it, maybe it was something else that turned me off.
I too found expanse boring and as @LesPlenty said, those accents are just so irritating.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm all about uBlock Orgin on Firefox, I don't see any ads out here which is nice considering I don't use any streaming services just sailing the high seas
I am also a uBlock user. I switched to it when ADBlockPlus was having issues with what it let through. I understand it is in favor again, but I never went back and uBlock Origin works great for me. I stream mostly to my TV with a FireStick.

C No Ego

the rashy voice lady who kept saying Fuck in every sentence turned my girl off, we stopped watching Expanse ... here I am on Fuckcombustion , how funny LOL

C No Ego

What web browser do you use?

Using Brave to watch YouTube, most ads are blocked. Chrome with uBlock should weed out advertisements too.

Robert-in-YEG

"There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist."
Mark Twain
cheap TV DVD player with youtube and netflix app ... I do not watch TV from this computer , just websites ... I go to youtube here only to read and post in comments LOL... and play music vids sometimes in the background... but chillin in the TV room is where we watch TV

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Especially if one streams those Russian illegal movie sites (like MusicHD) there is no way I want to do that on a computer. I am pretty good with security, but not against serious hackers, and the Russians are certainly that. Do I know that they will hack me if I do that? No. Am I willing to take that chance? No. Let them hack my Firestick/TV.

Top Bottom