TV Shows - General Discussion

florduh

The Boys season 3 comes out tomorrow!

Fucking diabolical!

Amazon Prime Comics GIF by The Boys

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The Boys season 3 comes out tomorrow!

Fucking diabolical!

Did you watch the animated anthology, "The Boys: Diabolical" too? It is wacky and wild lol so each episode is a different creator /writer, animation style and voice cast, one of them animates the pilot as it was in the comics! Pretty fun to watch one or two episodes after each episode of the main series...

florduh

Did you watch the animated anthology, "The Boys: Diabolical" too? It is wacky and wild lol so each episode is a different creator /writer, animation style and voice cast, one of them animates the pilot as it was in the comics! Pretty fun to watch one or two episodes after each episode of the main series...

Yes! I almost forgot about that. All the episodes were pretty good. Like you said, very weird. But in a good way!

That reminds me of all the internet content they put out in the Fall. They skewer Fox News, Disney, CNN. I love it.

Shit Snacks

Watching stranger things myself on season 2.
A series I just watched was Outer Range. Sci fi about a rancher who has a big ass portal on his land. Great EDIT-series, not a movie-EDIT if your into other dimensions and good time travel plot to it.
I forgot about that sci-fi twist, Amazon recently released another new show called Night Sky, about an old married couple... who have a secret portal on their land lol

Oh, but these are Amazon shows, so the discussion actually belongs here
Portals get me revved up. Wife is really into this type of stuff.

I've been watching Oz for the first time, which if you dont know it is the first HBO prestige drama. It takes a ton of artistic risks, many of which do not pay off well, the writing can be achingly unsubtle, and some of its takes on minority issues, though well-intentioned, haven't aged well. Despite all this, its a really compelling show with a truly unbelievable cast, including early performances from many of the actors who would go on to be breakout stars in HBO shows like The Sopranos and The Wire, among others. Its also interesting to watch from a "history of TV" angle, because so many features of the gritty prestige dramas that are so culturally dominant now were first seen in this show. Its definitely a pretty uneven show, but I would certainly recommend watching it if you havent seen it before.

It is fun when you see actors in other things early, it is common for networks and studios to use the same actors consistently, so you see those ones from HBO and FX pop up in various shows, especially if they are produced by the same creators

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
They do that weekly release to help keep you from burning through it haha they are working on another (live-action) spinoff though, set at college for heroes...
Ugh, hate when they do that. Idk about the college thing. I really like the dirty hero / corruption perspective they show, very neat take on a hero organization

Shit Snacks

Ugh, hate when they do that. Idk about the college thing. I really like the dirty hero / corruption perspective they show, very neat take on a hero organization

Haha yeah, sorry man, figured you didn't realize, they might launch with like three episodes? But then it's weekly released... That was season 2, pretty common for a lot of shows now on Amazon and HBO Max and Apple some Hulu too... Yeah so I think they are just going to start that corruption at a young age, corporate run college for the heroes, we shall see, they're making it now

florduh

they are working on another (live-action) spinoff though, set at college for heroes...

6ijjv6.jpg

Only watched the first 2 episodes. So far so good! I feel like the writers of this show are scanning my brain and showing me exactly what I want to see. The Vought version of Captain America doing war crimes in 1980's Central America? Regulatory capture at the government agency overseeing super heroes? Obnoxiously woke corporations? Their AOC character being a shill? Every little plot turn I'm sitting there like...

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
6ijjv6.jpg

Only watched the first 2 episodes. So far so good! I feel like the writers of this show are scanning my brain and showing me exactly what I want to see. The Vought version of Captain America doing war crimes in 1980's Central America? Regulatory capture at the government agency overseeing super heroes? Obnoxiously woke corporations? Their AOC character being a shill? Every little plot turn I'm sitting there like...

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

If you like The Boys, then you should also check out the animates series "Invincible". It's up the same kinda alley.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I'm a little late to the show but I've been enjoying slowly working my way through the first season of Warrior, badass fight scenes, cool music choices and the setting of the tongs in late 1800s San Francisco is pretty fresh to me.

Whisper

I'm watching ALONE, it's on the History channel. They drop off contestants in remote areas and they must survive alone. They fish, hunt, trap and build shelter, the longest survivor gets 1/2 million bucks! I am addicted to this show!! Plus, it has 8 seasons!!!

Shit Snacks

Well that was fast, they hardly promote stuff, and then pull the plug after several weeks because of low viewership... Streaming...

I've been watching NBC's Young Rock on Hulu, catching up on season 2, creator did fresh off the boat and don't trust the bitch in apartment 23 and wrote for american dad, so its got some nice offbeat humor and solid family sitcom style, but I am living for the wrestling references as it moves along with four different storylines with nostalgia!

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
There’s a new 6-episode crime/drama miniseries on Apple TV called Black Bird. It’s supposedly based on true events of a local high school football star and decorated policeman’s son who is sentenced to 10 years in a minimum-security prison. But he’s given a choice: enter a maximum-security prison for the criminally insane and befriend a suspected serial killer to elicit a confession, or stay where he is and serve his full sentence with no possibility of parole.

Ray Liotta plays the father, in his final TV role before his death. The show may not be for everyone but I like it so far.

Last edited:

florduh

Felt the same about the Rings of Power series.

Gonna check out Banshee, an early show with Antony Starr from The Boys.

Yeah, Rings of Power was also mid. I might've liked it more than House of Dragons though, which is wild.

I'll check out Banshee. I love Homelander! It feels like there's lots of mids out right now. I think I like Andor more than either of the swords and wizards show and even it's pretty underwhelming.

HBO needs to bring back Succession, fast. Hollywood has not been pumping out their best lately, and it's a real bummer. The writers need to swap their Adderall for the more traditional coke. It might reawaken that Movie Magic.

Top Bottom