TV Shows - General Discussion

Rodney

Does anyone remember the Starship Troopres animation called "Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles" it was the best thing ever when growing up. I watched it before school and Pokemon :)

Rodney,

florduh

Just started The Boys and apparently there's some controversy :shrug:
piWlgbvsN0ZU.png

While I think the vicious lampooning of Conservative culture has always been obvious, it's not like the show totally lets Libs off the hook.

E4qRaBXUYAMgeiX.jpg:large

Vought isn't just making fun of Fox News. It's also literally The Walt Disney Company, liberals' favorite multinational corporation. And this was my face when they revealed that their Alexandria Ocasio Cortez character wasn't a leftist. She's controlled opposition for the Corpo-Capitalist Elite:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

I do think that The Boys is starting to overstay its welcome. But it sort of works as part of the parody. Because you know what else has absolutely overstayed its welcome: fucking Marvel.

I honestly enjoyed Gen V more than I liked the third season of The Boys. But we'll see how this newest season pans out.

EarthworldTim

Just started The Boys and apparently there's some controversy :shrug:
piWlgbvsN0ZU.png

While I think the vicious lampooning of Conservative culture has always been obvious, it's not like the show totally lets Libs off the hook.

E4qRaBXUYAMgeiX.jpg:large

Vought isn't just making fun of Fox News. It's also literally The Walt Disney Company, liberals' favorite multinational corporation. And this was my face when they revealed that their Alexandria Ocasio Cortez character wasn't a leftist. She's controlled opposition for the Corpo-Capitalist Elite:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

I do think that The Boys is starting to overstay its welcome. But it sort of works as part of the parody. Because you know what else has absolutely overstayed its welcome: fucking Marvel.

I honestly enjoyed Gen V more than I liked the third season of The Boys. But we'll see how this newest season pans out.
Agree with all of this and while I was looking forward to this season I was a bit nervous about it being the same old stuff. I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and I hope they can maintain it for this season and the next. It made me genuinely happy to hear the show runner or whoever confirm that the 5th season will be the last so there's hope they have a plan and it won't go stale.

florduh

Agree with all of this and while I was looking forward to this season I was a bit nervous about it being the same old stuff. I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and I hope they can maintain it for this season and the next. It made me genuinely happy to hear the show runner or whoever confirm that the 5th season will be the last so there's hope they have a plan and it won't go stale.

I only watched the first one but yeah I was also nervous. But by the end I was like "yeah, there's still a little more juice left to squeeze out of this concept"

spoiler-did-anyone-else-notice-this-during-firecrackers-v0-zj42wqkuy27d1.png

"Eye for an eye's in the Jew Part of the Bible, but it's still the Bible :shrug:"

I'm glad to hear they're bringing it to a close. I'd like for it to leave on a high note. IMO, The Vought Cinematic Universe>Marvel

Top Bottom