TV Shows - General Discussion

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Alright finished all of Homecoming, I actually liked season 2, the storytelling style is very interesting. It shouldn't work, it should ruin mystery drama and tension, but somehow it doesn't! Pretty well done
Yeah, I agree.. good writing/story design.. In almost every way, the new season subverts expectations IMO.. S1 had a lot of ambiguity, and S2 left nothing unanswered from both seasons, and brought the story full-circle nicely.. I can see the story continuing, but it seemed like a good place to end it too.. Supposedly it's been picked up for another season, so I guess it'll be interesting to see where it goes w/ all those blank slates, or wherever it goes.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
7c026da3c8bd28e703d6a4114c166b9305e8db6a074f13f6b5fb7f7d76287972.jpg

GetLeft

Yeah, I agree.. good writing/story design.. In almost every way, the new season subverts expectations IMO..

I was disappointed in the first run. Not a whole lot of bang and Julia Roberts isn't my cup of tea. So I wasn't going to sign on for season 2. But you'all are making me think I should watch.

I did check out the HBO series Watchmen when they put it up for free a couple of weeks ago. 9 episodes in 2.5 days. It's a pretty intense and out-there story.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I was disappointed in the first run. Not a whole lot of bang and Julia Roberts isn't my cup of tea. So I wasn't going to sign on for season 2. But you'all are making me think I should watch.

I did check out the HBO series Watchmen when they put it up for free a couple of weeks ago. 9 episodes in 2.5 days. It's a pretty intense and out-there story.
If you didn't care for the first season, I imagine you won't care for the 2nd one, unless you want answers to the first season.. I liked the ambiguity of the first season, and I thought it they took an interesting direction in the second season.. overall, I like the way the story was told.. it's not amazing or anything but I liked it. I don't care for Julia Roberts either, but I thought it was an interesting role choice for her.

I know the Watchmen series got a lot of praise, but I don't have HBO so I'll probably stream it online eventually.. same w/ the new season of Westworld, I haven't heard much about it so far, but I haven't really looked into what anyone thought.

I just finished S3 of Dark though.. I enjoyed that series, and liked how they did the final season.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If you didn't care for the first season, I imagine you won't care for the 2nd one, unless you want answers to the first season.. I liked the ambiguity of the first season, and I thought it they took an interesting direction in the second season.. overall, I like the way the story was told.. it's not amazing or anything but I liked it. I don't care for Julia Roberts either, but I thought it was an interesting role choice for her.

I know the Watchmen series got a lot of praise, but I don't have HBO so I'll probably stream it online eventually.. same w/ the new season of Westworld, I haven't heard much about it so far, but I haven't really looked into what anyone thought.

I just finished S3 of Dark though.. I enjoyed that series, and liked how they did the final season.

Yeah you just missed out because HBO had made watchmen free for anyone this past week... also I think homecoming season 2 was enough of a change that they might get into it, kind of a tighter story, 7 episodes.

ginolicious

I’m enjoying some old school x files. On season 3 right now. Just loving the show all over again. Also a big blind spot fan. On the second last season. Wish this wasn’t their last season on the air. Really enjoyed this show. That’s for sure.

ginolicious,

Shit Snacks

I like shows with lots of strong female characters. Fyi another network has one called the wilds. Furstrating at the end cause it didn't wrap things up well but all female characters, all with compelling stories. Good stuff.

Likewise! The Wilds is on Amazon btw, and was renewed for season 2, that's why it ends with stuff unresolved...

Shit Snacks,

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I recently watched the pilot episode for Resident Alien, a new show on the SyFy channel. It’s a darkish sci-fi comedy/drama with subtle jokes throughout. I found it refreshing and fun.

The premise is, after crash-landing on Earth, an alien (Alan Tudyk) takes on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor and wrestles with the moral dilemma of his secret mission.

GetLeft

Loved it man! Loking forward to Weds. now! We're digging the latest season of The Expanse. That's a Tues. offering but will wrap up soon unfortunately. Guess I'll have to buy the next book to get me through withdrawal. The screeenplay for The Expanse is excellent. The novels aren't written that craftily but the screen writers manage to craft a well told and dramatic story out of them. I definitely prefer the show to the books.
Didn't dig Discovery's just ended season so much. They're starting to scarmble for ideas. Any and all scifi recommendations are welcome :tup:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I recently watched the pilot episode for Resident Alien, a new show on the SyFy channel. It’s a darkish sci-fi comedy/drama with subtle jokes throughout. I found it refreshing and fun.

The premise is, after crash-landing on Earth, an alien (Alan Tudyk) takes on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor and wrestles with the moral dilemma of his secret mission.

That looks funny. Alan Tudyk's characters are usually good.
I'm starting to watch the pilot episode now!

**edit**
That was an interesting episode. A little darker than I was expecting, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm curious to see where they take it.

Now I'm starting the latest season of Shameless (S11). This has always been a fun show.

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Currently rewatching my favorite show of all time, the Sopranos!

I’ve been missing some shows that were delayed due to COVID, like Succession and Barry on HBO. Hope those come back this year.

What kind of animal smokes marijuana at his own confirmation? I just finished with my latest rewatch of the Sopranos, its a favorite of mine as well! I'm currently working my way through The Shield, really enjoying it!

Shit Snacks

Warrior on HBO Max (was a cinemax show, hopefully gets picked up for a third season streaming though!) story about the chinatown tong wars in San Francisco created by Bruce Lee, his daughter produces, and writer creator of Banshee runs it...

ginolicious

I’m watching SWAT right now. Love that show. I don’t know why. It’s pretty well written I feel.

ginolicious,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Warrior on HBO Max (was a cinemax show, hopefully gets picked up for a third season streaming though!) story about the chinatown tong wars in San Francisco created by Bruce Lee, his daughter produces, and writer creator of Banshee runs it...
I'll check it out....the pedigree that makes up this show.... perfect fit .... hope this suggestion is as good as your suggestion to try using the Bowle on level 1. I'll probably be using both suggestions at the same time.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I can't really explain why but I am way into Moonshiners and Gold Rush...of course if the Lightning are playing that supplants anything else, lol. I do really like that on Saturdays, Sundance network plays an all day marathon of Hogan's Heroes.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Pretty good! Each of the 'names' talent shine through. The filmmaking, the easter eggs and the Lee legacy are all there. It's not often that the wife and I find something both of us like....

Thanks @Shit Snacks. You're two for two!

Top Bottom