TV Shows - General Discussion

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
”I think you should leave”

”Vermin”

”Atypical”

”With bob and David”

Oooh never heard of Vermin somehow, those damn international web series sneak by!

Love Atypical, and I think you should leave! Haha I still miss Detroiters (his show with Sam Robinson, whom I also love)

Oh man if I tried to list all my favorites here that I've ever watched, that would be a really insane list! I think I even tried to do it once before in the old thread...

ginolicious

Futurama is the best Matt Groening show. In my opinion. Also I feel American Dad was the best what ever his name is show. Haha. Over family guy and the others.

Shit Snacks

Better Call Saul is one of the better shows of the last decade!

Yeah I may actually consider it better than breaking bad even, really surprising twists n turns, beautiful story telling. Before watching the new season I did El Camino on Netflix, not super necessary but well done nevertheless!

Futurama is the best Matt Groening show. In my opinion. Also I feel American Dad was the best what ever his name is show. Haha. Over family guy and the others.

lol Seth MacFarlane, easily (I outgrew Family Guy quickly, but actually I prefer Seth's live action work these days) He is going to be churning out a lot of content for NBCuniversal Peacock...

Agreed about Futurama, though I grew up on The Simpsons first of course, both see misses with their newer works unfortunately, but it's a luxury that there are so many episodes... And Futurama really found its footing again with the revival eventually. I was super disappointed by Disenchantment, though it does have some fun moments, maybe long-term it will get there?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Helios

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I remember seeing it in the old thread but I just watched the first episode of midnight Gospel on Netflix and its great while your real vaked

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Finally did all of Twin Peaks, what a trip, bonkers soapy show, The Return was even more out there
I love Twin Peaks! Did you watch Fire Walk With Me too? I've been toying w/ rewatching that entire series for like the 5th time :freak:.. but I tend to get totally consumed by that world when I do, and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that commitment again just yet Lol! I love so much about that series, it seems to touch on a little bit of everything.
I've been toying with rewatching Mr Robot again too.. I recently caught the second season of Homecoming too, I was happy w/ it.

I've been meaning to see season 3 of Westworld.. I've had Kingdom on my Netflix list for a while too.. and I've been meaning to get to Bojack, I think I saw the first 2 seasons but never kept w/ it, now that it's over I've been meaning to watch it though.. and I've been meaning to give Dispatches From Elsewhere a try too, but I just haven't felt like starting it so far.. I struggle getting into series, especially these days w/ so many series popping up all the time, I get really selective.. these days I tend to prefer anthology series, and shows w/ shorter episodes/seasons that seem like they have a specific story they want to tell, w/ a conclusion in mind, rather than shows trying to just go on forever. I really liked Haunting Of Hill House and I'm looking forward to the second season.

Shit Snacks

I love Twin Peaks! Did you watch Fire Walk With Me too? I've been toying w/ rewatching that entire series for like the 5th time :freak:.. but I tend to get totally consumed by that world when I do, and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that commitment again just yet Lol! I love so much about that series, it seems to touch on a little bit of everything.
I've been toying with rewatching Mr Robot again too.. I recently caught the second season of Homecoming too, I was happy w/ it.

I've been meaning to see season 3 of Westworld.. I've had Kingdom on my Netflix list for a while too.. and I've been meaning to get to Bojack, I think I saw the first 2 seasons but never kept w/ it, now that it's over I've been meaning to watch it though.. and I've been meaning to give Dispatches From Elsewhere a try too, but I just haven't felt like starting it so far.. I struggle getting into series, especially these days w/ so many series popping up all the time, I get really selective.. these days I tend to prefer anthology series, and shows w/ shorter episodes/seasons that seem like they have a specific story they want to tell, w/ a conclusion in mind, rather than shows trying to just go on forever. I really liked Haunting Of Hill House and I'm looking forward to the second season.

Oh Dispatches is anthology btw, first season is a complete story (but weird!) and the first few eps do pull you in well.

Definitely go through BoJack, so good, I'm savoring the final new episodes now...

I am doing Homecoming S1 right now actually, halfway through, loved Mr Robot ending, would be fun to do again.

It is actually harder for me to get going on anthology, especially episodic anthology, I'm just really into following characters and stories that continue to grow and grow. But of course I do a little of everything, the anthologies just have less immediacy for me typically... High Maintenance on HBO is one of the best though!

And yeah I did watch fire walk with me in between the original and the return, though I did not watch the missing pieces. It was actually by far my least favorite of everything lol This was actually my first proper David Lynch stuff, but it was pretty hard to get into that movie on any level! The Return was similar nonsense, but more engaging for me, and ofcourse the effects!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Oh Dispatches is anthology btw, first season is a complete story (but weird!) and the first few eps do pull you in well.

Definitely go through BoJack, so good, I'm savoring the final new episodes now...

I am doing Homecoming S1 right now actually, halfway through, loved Mr Robot ending, would be fun to do again.

It is actually harder for me to get going on anthology, especially episodic anthology, I'm just really into following characters and stories that continue to grow and grow. But of course I do a little of everything, the anthologies just have less immediacy for me typically... High Maintenance on HBO is one of the best though!

And yeah I did watch fire walk with me in between the original and the return, though I did not watch the missing pieces. It was actually by far my least favorite of everything lol This was actually my first proper David Lynch stuff, but it was pretty hard to get into that movie on any level! The Return was similar nonsense, but more engaging for me, and ofcourse the effects!
Good to know about Dispatches :tup: I'll probably give it a shot sooner than later then.. I'm not sure when I'll start Bojack, but it's gonna happen.

I loved everything about Mr. Robot, and I thought the ending was perfect. That's a show that always knew where it was going from scene 1; really well done.. I still need to buy S4.. I really liked both seasons of Homecoming.

I felt the same way about FWWM and it took a good while for it to grow on me, but I love it now.. IMO Lynch's stuff isn't as random as it seems, he just doesn't give a fuck if the audience understands, or how they interpret it Lol, but that's not to say it's pretentious and doesn't know it's own intention IMO.. In general, Lynch can take a while to grow on people, if at all, and it can be hard to appreciate his stuff; he's a brave director. I like the language he communicates ideas w/, more of an abstract language of art, and esoteric in ways.. Lynch is hard to talk about Lol, his stuff burrows into my brain though.

ginolicious

I was thinking about watching Weeds again haha. I know the last 2 seasons were meh.

Also. Blindspot was an unreal show. I think it’s the last season.

GinoLicious,

Helios

@Shit Snacks u right.. I didn't have time to edit post, been a fan since season 1..almost finished latest season, may need to revisit it. What did u think? Did u watch it.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks u right.. I didn't have time to edit post, been a fan since season 1..almost finished latest season, may need to revisit it. What did u think? Did u watch it.

Yeah I was into it, intriguing changes, cool design of the future stuff (love the after-show documentary they would do for each episode with creators, actors, production crew, showing how they made it all) with quick pacing and not too much manipulate story telling (which has been the traditional format of the show since season 1) I actually watched screencrush easteregg videos this season, they are very helpful to make sure you understand what is going on... Some elements of the new season I was not so into, just like with past seasons, it's not my favorite show or anything, but it is engaging for the most part at least.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Helios

Shit Snacks

I was thinking about watching Weeds again haha. I know the last 2 seasons were meh.

Also. Blindspot was an unreal show. I think it’s the last season.

Missed this! imo Weeds was never that great, but went downhill in season 3 for me, season 4 started back up a bit, then fell tumbling down as the following seasons were indeed more than meh lol HOWEVER I really enjoyed the finale, which is why I am bummed that Lionsgate/Starz are bringing it back (I actually really hate Nancy as a character, though I have nothing against the actor!)

I should write up a big list of TV shows that heavily involve weed... Always helps to identify with a character of course, it is everywhere in TV now!

Shit Snacks

Alright finished all of Homecoming, I actually liked season 2, the storytelling style is very interesting. It shouldn't work, it should ruin mystery drama and tension, but somehow it doesn't! Pretty well done

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Buildozer

Mr. Me2

Not too much talk of vintage tv here. I saw this thread and immediately flashed back to Kung Fu starring David Carradine. Loved that show!

I know, I’m showing my age...

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Exsmoker

TeeJay1952

I am watching Quarantined Prime (Amazon) and am watching Chicago Fire, Blue Bloods, Chicago PD and Heroes. 2 hours each and loving it. I have been on patrol with Dragnet, NYPD Blue and others my whole life. I side with Law and Order. However i am appalled at the reaction of the police to citizens protests. Looters and rioters need to be disciplined but the Police are not an occupying army and receive their paychecks from the people they are harassing. Please more To Serve and Protect and less Cuz I said so is called for.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: Exsmoker

Shit Snacks

Not too much talk of vintage tv here. I saw this thread and immediately flashed back to Kung Fu starring David Carradine. Loved that show!

I know, I’m showing my age...

Ha and now they are remaking it for the CW...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Top Bottom