TS-VaporCANE fire eyes

XpeeN

as far as i know, its titanium that cant glow dry not SS
i have 2 vaporcane im still alive, it must glow to perfrom well imho.
I like wattage mode over tc (47w)
From some reading I did back then, I deducted that heating up SS316L above 500-550C is not worth it health-wise, as there are no conclusive evidence that it is safe. We know that there's oxidization process going on there and that some mechanical properties gets lost, but most researches talk about hours of continuous work, and I'm not even sure it's relevant to us as it's not my field, so I can't comment much about it.
I just don't think it's worth taking a risk while there are safer alternatives that perform as good, for example, my glow has dual 20GA SS316L coils in it that are limited to faint glow on max temp, I'm staying below that max temp and get great results without making the coils glow at all. Also I'm waiting for a different type of SS316L wire that I think will perform even better without glowing, but I'll talk about it at the glow's thread when it's relevant. Another great example is the splinter z. So yeah, why even risk it?

XpeeN,
Reactions: KeroZen

VerteKzX

From some reading I did back then, I deducted that heating up SS316L above 500-550C is not worth it health-wise, as there are no conclusive evidence that it is safe. We know that there's oxidization process going on there and that some mechanical properties gets lost, but most researches talk about hours of continuous work, and I'm not even sure it's relevant to us as it's not my field, so I can't comment much about it.
I just don't think it's worth taking a risk while there are safer alternatives that perform as good, for example, my glow has dual 20GA SS316L coils in it that are limited to faint glow on max temp, I'm staying below that max temp and get great results without making the coils glow at all. Also I'm waiting for a different type of SS316L wire that I think will perform even better without glowing, but I'll talk about it at the glow's thread when it's relevant. Another great example is the splinter z. So yeah, why even risk it?
idk, lot of vaporizers has glowing ss coil, anyway i can say the vaporcane perfrom better than a glow.. the coil is so powerful and the heat is more uniform imo.

VerteKzX,

XpeeN

idk, lot of vaporizers has glowing ss coil
What are those? and how do you know they're glowing?
Most non 510 vaporizers that I know of are using kanthal or nichrome (kanthal is more popular), which the consensus says that there are no problem for them to glow (although, again, glow red and not white obviously).
anyway i can say the vaporcane perfrom better than a glow.. the coil is so powerful and the heat is more uniform imo.
It depends on the coils installed obviously, have you tried a coil setup like mine (5 wraps each coil, 0.89 cold)?
Can you get that coil to perform well without glowing?

Tswoodenart

Manufacturer
Tue makes wonderful things, the wood is really superb, the finish is really amazing, it's really a great job and good price ($110 USD)!

I received mine today (7 days to delivery Vietnam->France) and I already love it, at high power/temperature, I find it very similar to Tinymight, fast, on-demand heating, adaptable to any mod (wattage or TC) :clap:

The mouthpiece works really well and I think it's nice, look at the finish, it's incredible:

I started by using the wattage mode at 30W (the manufacturer recommends 25-28W), then I tried the TC mode with my Voopoo Drag X Plus Pro set at SS316 190°C and it works well!

Here's a quick comparison with an RBT Splinter Z:

The VaporCANE is much smaller than I thought, and that's a good thing, I love it! I love the idea of the integrated chamber instead of the chamber in the mouthpiece, it's great for watching and stirring quietly.

I discovered the DNA chipset recently (I'm new to rebuildable) and I bought a Hyperion DNA 100C but haven't yet found the right settings, in SS316 mode at 30W and 230°C, the coil heats up, but not enough for my taste (but it doesn't glow, unlike to my voopoo), if anyone has any recommendations on this subject, I set the TCR to 0.00224 via Escribe (manufacturer's recommendation), but even with higher wattages or temperatures, the coil never glows, how come? it does not display any errors, Why does it glow on Voopoo and not on Hyperion DNA? not that I'm trying to make it glowing, but the temperature is too low to obtain a good extraction worthy of the name, it doesn't work like on my Voopoo with TC mode. I must have missed something.

Tue also agreed to make custom sleeves for my prototypes, it's really nice of him, the work is as usual fabulous and corresponds perfectly to my drawing, this manufacturer has enormous know-how and incredible potential :tup:

If you're a 510 mod enthusiast, I highly recommend the VaporCANE :)
Hi bro.
Please set the TCR value to .00220 via Escribe, Set the power to 30W and adjust the temperature accordingly between 400f-450f( keep the coil from being too glows ) set the preheat at 75W and 600f, It only takes about 2 seconds for the coil to glows and the temperature control is extremely stable.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom