TS-VaporCANE fire eyes

kokolokokolokon

It's a real shame because I like everything else about this vape. The wood, the craftsmanship, very nicely done.

Gonna be tricky to get that coil not to glow.
I will try more coils and not to glow. This still have a great build and looks awesome.

And seems like it encapsulates the heat well. With that and the bottom airflow i think i will try a vleaf go heater-like.

Edit: I always thought about make a tinymight-like coil for 510 but i dont know how to do it well to work with a mod (i dont want to do it with mesh coil, it would be a metal sheep)

kokolokokolokon,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Yes it is
I wonder how i have to avoid the glowing in this vape while i tried some days ago the OG firefly and I didn’t read any complaints about it (sale for the ff2). Real question, i dint want to sound bad
I have no idea how you’re getting vapor at such a low temp. Do you have any more details?
Love the cute little window so you can see the slow vaporization of metal before you breathe it in to your lungs.
I’m no good at video so I hope these are viewable. Like I said in an earlier post, no coil glow for me. I understand your concern about the coil glow @oddjobold but here’s another data point for you. The mod is autofiring at 350° in first vid, 400° in second vid, and 420° in last vid. No coil glow at any of these temps and plenty of heat. The mod is autofiring for the entire time during each video (36secs, 38secs, 30secs). Hope this helps. I’ll try and get more video firing the VaporCane on top of one of my AF/RP mods, and again on just a regular mod running TC.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

I‘m glad itis working for you but I wouldn’t say that vaping with 135C on the screen of the mod is very well calibrated

yep, but then after using it the coil isn’t shiny anymore and looks like this so…
One thing is the 510, other the mod. The 510 is well calibrated, and i dont mean just the coil. The airflow and heat retention is part of the calibration in a 510 vape (i had tryied other 510 with shitty airflow and heat retention, and it impoverish the performance a lot, no matter the coil). And i use a poor tc mode this is not a DNA

It never looked shiny. And the coils looks similar in other 510 i had, without glow. So maybe it is inevitable (?)

I have no idea how you’re getting vapor at such a low temp. Do you have any more details?
It is because the mod. I think it doesnt work very well in tc mode. I will try it in the paramour (just the coil, the body doesn’t fit).
Did you get good results with 420F?

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
One thing is the 510, other the mod. The 510 is well calibrated, and i dont mean just the coil. The airflow and heat retention is part of the calibration in a 510 vape (i had tryied other 510 with shitty airflow and heat retention, and it impoverish the performance a lot, no matter the coil). And i use a poor tc mode this is not a DNA

It never looked shiny. And the coils looks similar in other 510 i had, without glow. So maybe it is inevitable (?)

It is because the mod. I think it doesnt work very well in tc mode. I will try it in the paramour (just the coil, the body doesn’t fit).
Did you get good results with 420F?
I never vape at 420°, that temp was just to show that the coil doesn’t glow at that temp. I stay below 400°, usually between 340° and 390° when using my temp controlled vapes. I may sneak above 400° for a quick last toot to cash a bowl after all the flavor is gone, but that’s rare for me.

kokolokokolokon

I never vape at 420°, that temp was just to show that the coil doesn’t glow at that temp. I stay below 400°, usually between 340° and 390° when using my temp controlled vapes. I may sneak above 400° for a quick last toot to cash a bowl after all the flavor is gone, but that’s rare for me.
And the cane give you good results at 340-390F?

kokolokokolokon,

XpeeN

Edit: OK so my original comment is irrelevant as I missed that kokoloko mentioned that the defualt SS TC mode is used, although beware that the paramour might have a different TCR value for the SS mode, so it's not really accurate to gauge based on it.

Last edited:
XpeeN,

bestvaping

Tue makes wonderful things, the wood is really superb, the finish is really amazing, it's really a great job and good price ($110 USD)!

I received mine today (7 days to delivery Vietnam->France) and I already love it, at high power/temperature, I find it very similar to Tinymight, fast, on-demand heating, adaptable to any mod (wattage or TC) :clap:

The mouthpiece works really well and I think it's nice, look at the finish, it's incredible:

I started by using the wattage mode at 30W (the manufacturer recommends 25-28W), then I tried the TC mode with my Voopoo Drag X Plus Pro set at SS316 190°C and it works well!

Here's a quick comparison with an RBT Splinter Z:

The VaporCANE is much smaller than I thought, and that's a good thing, I love it! I love the idea of the integrated chamber instead of the chamber in the mouthpiece, it's great for watching and stirring quietly.

I discovered the DNA chipset recently (I'm new to rebuildable) and I bought a Hyperion DNA 100C but haven't yet found the right settings, in SS316 mode at 30W and 230°C, the coil heats up, but not enough for my taste (but it doesn't glow, unlike to my voopoo), if anyone has any recommendations on this subject, I set the TCR to 0.00224 via Escribe (manufacturer's recommendation), but even with higher wattages or temperatures, the coil never glows, how come? it does not display any errors, Why does it glow on Voopoo and not on Hyperion DNA? not that I'm trying to make it glowing, but the temperature is too low to obtain a good extraction worthy of the name, it doesn't work like on my Voopoo with TC mode. I must have missed something.

Tue also agreed to make custom sleeves for my prototypes, it's really nice of him, the work is as usual fabulous and corresponds perfectly to my drawing, this manufacturer has enormous know-how and incredible potential :tup:

If you're a 510 mod enthusiast, I highly recommend the VaporCANE :)

kokolokokolokon

@bestvaping maybe the tc on the voopoo chip works very different. The drag x plus seems like sometimes work, but you try to replicate it and then works like in wattage mode 🤣

Did you aplicate wax to the Cane? If you didn’t, do it. This well crafted wood shine a lot with wax :D

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: bestvaping

bestvaping

yes, Voopoo mod is very different, but I'm not yet used to the DNA chipset and all its parameters, I'll go and read the documentation :brow:

no I haven't applied wax but I probably will in the future :tup:

bestvaping,

XpeeN

Tue makes wonderful things, the wood is really superb, the finish is really amazing, it's really a great job and good price ($110 USD)!

I received mine today (7 days to delivery Vietnam->France) and I already love it, at high power/temperature, I find it very similar to Tinymight, fast, on-demand heating, adaptable to any mod (wattage or TC) :clap:

The mouthpiece works really well and I think it's nice, look at the finish, it's incredible:

I started by using the wattage mode at 30W (the manufacturer recommends 25-28W), then I tried the TC mode with my Voopoo Drag X Plus Pro set at SS316 190°C and it works well!

Here's a quick comparison with an RBT Splinter Z:

The VaporCANE is much smaller than I thought, and that's a good thing, I love it! I love the idea of the integrated chamber instead of the chamber in the mouthpiece, it's great for watching and stirring quietly.

I discovered the DNA chipset recently (I'm new to rebuildable) and I bought a Hyperion DNA 100C but haven't yet found the right settings, in SS316 mode at 30W and 230°C, the coil heats up, but not enough for my taste (but it doesn't glow, unlike to my voopoo), if anyone has any recommendations on this subject, I set the TCR to 0.00224 via Escribe (manufacturer's recommendation), but even with higher wattages or temperatures, the coil never glows, how come? it does not display any errors, Why does it glow on Voopoo and not on Hyperion DNA? not that I'm trying to make it glowing, but the temperature is too low to obtain a good extraction worthy of the name, it doesn't work like on my Voopoo with TC mode. I must have missed something.

Tue also agreed to make custom sleeves for my prototypes, it's really nice of him, the work is as usual fabulous and corresponds perfectly to my drawing, this manufacturer has enormous know-how and incredible potential :tup:

If you're a 510 mod enthusiast, I highly recommend the VaporCANE :)

Congrats. If you lost you can start with the method I posted before to see how it performs without glowing. You have a whole thread about TC on FC though if you want to fine tune it.

kokolokokolokon

@kokolokokolokon what are your coefficient settings on the Voopoo Drag X Plus? there's nothing about this in the voopoo documentation, the available ranges are 1000 to 1600, what does that mean? too bad the Voopoo is limited to 8 seconds..

I tried to use the TCR at 1000 (the minimum) at 100C (the minimum again). If it would have a better temp reading 8 seconds would be ok. The problem, at least in this 510, is the coil is made to have a 225/250 TCR, but the minimum tcr in the device is 1000.
At minimum it glows. Not only this, when the TC mode works, you can see it starts to glow a little, for example, and it cuts off the power and restarts the puff timer, making it work more than seconds and setting a temp....but at least on mine, i can get this to work, i let the mod cool down, and then i press the main button again and it doesn´t cut off the power, it works like on wattage mode :mental:

kokolokokolokon,

Kreator87

If the coils don't glow, do they ever need to be replaced or is that not realistic? Also has anything noticed if this one performs better than other 510 options?

Kreator87,

kokolokokolokon

If the coils don't glow, do they ever need to be replaced or is that not realistic? Also has anything noticed if this one performs better than other 510 options?
Glowing or not, the coils would last a long time.
I notice this 510 is better than the other 510 i tried. In theory i cant compare devices in the thread

kokolokokolokon,
  • Love
Reactions: Kreator87

bestvaping

now i have a dna100c too. I need to learn a little
Great! yes, DNA is more complicated, I haven't figured it all out yet either :lol: don't hesitate to share your settings!

For the moment my best draw with the VaporCANE seem to be in wattage mode at 32W, it delivers plenty of power (I even burned a little last time), I find that repetitive presses on the firing button work better than a long press. The only negative point for me is that once the unit heats up, I can't move the air circulation ring on the bottom, which is completely sandwiched by the 510 connection and the heat. Fortunately, once you've found the right setting, there's no problem.

Also has anything noticed if this one performs better than other 510 options?
I personally prefer the VaporCANE to my Splinter Z, which is huge and takes longer to heat up, but both work well!

bestvaping,

kokolokokolokon

Great! yes, DNA is more complicated, I haven't figured it all out yet either :lol: don't hesitate to share your settings!
Much more complicated, i thought it would be easier than arctic fox but nope! and it doesn´t have tcr :hmm:
I will share my settings when i understand the escribe user interface well... :rofl:

For the moment my best draw with the VaporCANE seem to be in wattage mode at 32W, it delivers plenty of power (I even burned a little last time), I find that repetitive presses on the firing button work better than a long press. The only negative point for me is that once the unit heats up, I can't move the air circulation ring on the bottom, which is completely sandwiched by the 510 connection and the heat. Fortunately, once you've found the right setting, there's no problem.
I find the wattage mode to be the easy way to go, but! i see no way to not to glow the coil. Do you glow it?

kokolokokolokon,

bestvaping

I find the wattage mode to be the easy way to go, but! i see no way to not to glow the coil. Do you glow it?
Yes, in wattage mode at 32W the coil glows, I hope I'll be able to find such a good puff with the DNA mode in TC mode, I think it's possible without glowing, but I can't find much information about the DNA mode and how to use the software. There's no official documentation on the site, apart from a few videos on youtube. I have a lot of questions about the boost function and the punch setting as well as many other things that remain unanswered at the moment, it would be nice to share a configuration file or related documentation.

bestvaping,

VerteKzX

as far as i know, its titanium that cant glow dry not SS
i have 2 vaporcane im still alive, it must glow to perfrom well imho.
I like wattage mode over tc (47w)

Top Bottom