Top "Microdoser"

GoldenBud

TM/TP80/Mi3 for ~0.05gr (basket screen, upside down, no tamping)
UD/WS/HI for ~0.01-0.02gr

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cosimo

simba

@weedanwine
I find the Vapor Genie pretty great for microdosing, especially if you use a basket screen in there instead of the stock screen it comes with. Also the Impcognito and 510 vapes in general are pretty good in this scenario.

simba,

DryBonesufo

it may sound crazy, but having the FW, P80, solo 2, ghost, haze pro, TM, Airvape legacy pro…. The OG solo set to the highest temp, put in about 0.01-.01 in the stems seriously clouds. Kind of of wait for the heat up time but worth it if you’re trying to conserve

howie105

Commenting as a small dose user of the Flip Brick, OG E-Nano and an ELEV8R injector vape.

Flip Brick in my case, has the most variables to control, so it is hardest to produce repeatable small dose (.05 g) acceptable results. Heat-wise, it's capable of fast high temperature hits once one gets a handle on the torch and how fast the vape can roast a small load. The vape sets in a larger load slot for me.

OG E-Nano, analog control provides easier heat regulation, with the load held in an adjustable screen stem; it is easier to position in reference to the heater outlet and allows for easy consistent load packing for small loads. Temperature-wise, it uses a ceramic rod heater which is capable of producing predictable results. The E-Nano is a nice small load device, and it filled the top tier of small load vapes for me for years.

The PID-driven ELEV8R, while not your choice, is IMO, the superior small dose vape. The PID provides reasonable temperature reference points and as importantly, it shows actual heater activity, which is a major variable one needs to account for in high temperature small doses. The load size used in the example photo holds .07 g to .03 g with reliable results.

Good Luck and enjoy whatever vape you select.

Last edited:

Texus

I very much like my Nano XL. But think that the SC3 Underdog is the true microdoser with the nice small diameter metal stem. And their ACXL is a nice intermediate step between it and Nano XL. Woodscents has a bit of a rep for needing more inhale effort, which I don't find in the ACXL that can also use Dynavap stems.

But have not tried Woodscents or OG Nano personally.

And if a complemtary pair interests you, a Vapman gets great flavor and lighter hits and am Anvil is the only portable I'd consider a true heavy hitter

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Lots of different opinions, but nothing I have tried holds a candle to my woodscents for microdosing. I was just using it (I had been on a pretty long honeymoon with some other vapes) and remarking to myself that it produced amazing clouds from such a tiny amount of bud.

I think from an efficiency standpoint the dynavap is right there too--especially if you're using the half-bowl ccd position.

GoldenBud

Lots of different opinions, but nothing I have tried holds a candle to my woodscents for microdosing. I was just using it (I had been on a pretty long honeymoon with some other vapes) and remarking to myself that it produced amazing clouds from such a tiny amount of bud.
I have only used the WS few times, but I think it's the same quality vapor as the Tubo/Tetra. very clean pure taste. smaller bowl, more restricted, but very pure like the Tetra. a bit tastier than the UD. UD is more wide open and it's also very close to the WS

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cosimo

Momor

yes im looking for a one and done type of hit
The Anvil is specifically designed for this purpose and does its job really well IMO.
I think TM/TM2 is very close if not on par with the Anvil for this but is more versatile.

Momor,
Reactions: Knewt

howie105

After cleaning the WPA on an E-Nano and resetting its screen, it occurred to me that one could use the same adjustable screen WPA with a PID powered ELEV8R. That way, one gains the ability to easily move the load closer to or further away from the heater opening, as on the E-Nano which really helps in dialing in the vape. Using the stock E-Nano settings tool, it is easy to load a repeatable .07 g (scale verified) into the vape. The next steps are to find where smaller load columns need to be positioned for best results.

Tried .05 g loads around the same 450 f and the smaller first hits were better. A bit more dense but not harsh.

Last edited:
howie105,

Vaporware

I’ve used both a torch and IH and I can get good results from either one. The IH is just easier and more fun to me, and it doesn’t take technique to get consistent results.

I should note that I have a Fluxer Flite which has given me consistently good results, but I know some other heaters will give consistently not-so-great results.

If you buy one, temp control and/or PWM (pulse width modulation to turn the heater on and off and slow the heating process down) should be the best, but others work well for a lot of people too.

Just be wary of things that people report bad results from, especially if the coils are not accessible. If they are accessible you may be able to adjust them if they’re not set at a good height. If they’re not accessible and there’s no temp control or PWM, you’re probably stuck with however it works out of the box.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I’ve used both a torch and IH and I can get good results from either one. The IH is just easier and more fun to me, and it doesn’t take technique to get consistent results.

I should note that I have a Fluxer Flite which has given me consistently good results, but I know some other heaters will give consistently not-so-great results.

If you buy one, temp control and/or PWM (pulse width modulation to turn the heater on and off and slow the heating process down) should be the best, but others work well for a lot of people too.

Just be wary of things that people report bad results from, especially if the coils are not accessible. If they are accessible you may be able to adjust them if they’re not set at a good height. If they’re not accessible and there’s no temp control or PWM, you’re probably stuck with however it works out of the box.
I had to sell off a bunch of gear recently, and my Flite was a casualty. I'm back to a torch now. I wouldn't go back to an IH unless it had the pwm. I'll keep an open mind on Mad Heaters future offering.

I got spoiled with my Flite. The only thing comparable is a torch. I never really ever did mind a torch. I love the ritual. I love the control over the hits.

I'm definitely a dynacult kinda dude so understand I'm coming at you biased so take as just another grain of salt. Consider doing an upgrade to your dynavap situation. You can do a lot to upgrade your M, or just do a complete upgrade such as a vong, Omni, Simrell, and/or Mad Heaters, among other artisans as well. The M is a beginner model. It is a great vape, but there is much better.

Probably the best thing you can do is try different stuff, but I'm in the cult so that's my 2 cents lol.

Last edited:
acstorfer,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

In addition to a few Ms, we have 2018 and 2021 versions of the Omnivap and Vong along with a couple of other random setups. :science:

I’m still interested in trying the Revolve stem and things like that, and ideas of my own if I ever got around to making something, but I haven’t actually used any of these (or anything else but a rosin cart and edibles) since my Toad came in months ago.

I still think VCs are great in their own way, and I’ll use them again for sure, but on-demand convection really is my favorite at this point. :)

The whole usage style is so different though…I’m sure I’ll break out the DV gear again before too long, maybe with some hash… :sherlock:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
In addition to a few Ms, we have 2018 and 2021 versions of the Omnivap and Vong along with a couple of other random setups. :science:

I’m still interested in trying the Revolve stem and things like that, and ideas of my own if I ever got around to making something, but I haven’t actually used any of these (or anything else but a rosin cart and edibles) since my Toad came in months ago.

I still think VCs are great in their own way, and I’ll use them again for sure, but on-demand convection really is my favorite at this point. :)

The whole usage style is so different though…I’m sure I’ll break out the DV gear again before too long, maybe with some hash… :sherlock:
Oops. Sorry my dude. I was a bit stoned when I wrote this. The upgrade the M comment was actually meant for the op lol. He was looking for a next vape.

acstorfer,
Reactions: Vaporware

HugeSack

I’ve got a bowle and a TM2 and both are great for micordosing. I would say the tm2 can be a little more microdose friendly- the Bowles bowl is about half a mighty bowl.

HugeSack,

PeteyS

I love my dynavap for low doses, but i find it difficult to use for low temps(with captive cap).
Do you guys take 2 or 3 low temp hits, and then dump the avb? because i find the dynavap will just keep roasting the flower more and more, unless you physically stop the heating cycles.
Any tips to keep from reaching higher temps with the dyna, and standard cap.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@PeteyS you can try a low temp cap out, but aside from heating closer to the tip there isn’t much you can do with the dynavap. I think I mentioned I don’t think it’s the best solution for temp stepping or low temps in general.

gordontreeman,

Marlox

Hello, Im Pete, Ive been using cannabis for 25 years, with a 10 year break somewhere right around the middle.
Now im vaping for recreational use/medical use for anxiety. I try not to vape too much, as I believed that too much of anything is never good for you.
As for my vaping routine. I typically use 0.05-0.01 per session. I mostly like to vape at a high temp, and value vapes that can extract quickly.
Could someone enlighten me on what they think would be best for small dosing/efficiency.
Almost exactly my situation here :)

My starting doses as a medical user have been 0,005g for al long time, then even longer 0,008.
Both dosages work perfectly in the Tinymight. I own two TM1, but the actual TM2 will do even better.

With the TM you can adjust the "chamber" down to an amount, that 0,005g can be evenly spread on the screen and so sitting directly in front of the heater, just 2 slim screens in between. It extracts perfectly fine and absolutely repeatable (very important with such small dosages and that is not self-evident for most vapes!) without a single slip in over 2 years now.

I am using it at home with a bubbler via water-pipe-adaptor, and outside with the standard glass-pipes.
It heats up to temp in 6s with my old batteries, with the new one that came with it in 5s.
Nevertheless the batteries last almost forever, and with 2Amps of charging current and it's micro-USB (TM1) resp. USB-C (TM2) you don't need to ever change them if you do not want to.
I like to "see" my 18650s from time to time in my charger (exact voltages displayed there), so i change them sometimes. This is the only thing that is not perfect on the TM, the battery-cap of the TM1 with it's slot. That changed on the TM2, so i'd recommend to buy the TM2.
It is super-hygienic, no plastics or such things involved, and everything can be cleaned so easily....

I have/had an Arizer V-Tower, Arizer Air, Storz&Bickel Crafty, Mighty, Mighty+ medic, Dynavap (with torch and induction-heater), TM1, and i have certainly tested three times that number of vapes...
The TM is BY FAR the best vape for microdosing yet (and at all, too^^), no matter if we are talking of home-use or outside use.
I can highly recommend the Tinymight-Vape to you, especially for microdosing

Last edited:
Top Bottom