Top "Microdoser"

DryBonesufo

All i can say, I need to get me a tiny might! haha.
In all honesty, thats what i should have purchased instead of my crafty+. Ive heard so much good about the TM. From how adjustable the bowl is, to how hard it can hit when needed.
TM is great! No doubt but there are other options like the Airvape legacy pro with dosing caps soon will be an amazing microdosing machine. BUT if you want like a quick , walking from the parking lot to the theater OR a quick vape in the bathroom hehehehe TM and or FW7 is an amazing pick

637vape

I have been wanting a half bowl converter for the longest time. I tried fiddling around with the stock half bowl setting, but couldn't get it to where i liked.
Out of the three, which one do you like best? and why?
Im leaning towards a e nano xl , or possibly sticking with my dynavap but purchasing a IH to go with it.
Im also looking at the tiny might and the P80. But im sort of kicking myself in the butt, as i probably should have went with either one over my crafty.
Thanks all.
I really like the half bowl converter, pricey for what it is, but I've gotten a lot of use out of mine.

I thought the Anvil with the half bowl was a good microdoser for one big hit.

GoldenBud

Anvil half bowl, medium-fast draw (after the second click), is like a half bowl with the WS (slow draw, pretty much high temp but not highest) just the WS tastes much better, convection rocks!

GoldenBud,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Anvil half bowl, medium-fast draw (after the second click), is like a half bowl with the WS (slow draw, pretty much high temp but not highest) just the WS tastes much better, convection rocks!
I don’t find I need to do any draw control to snap small bowls on my ws. It’s already pretty restricted anyway. I pack about half of a dynavap tip without any converter—like I leave the ccd set at full and I don’t bother with a half bowl converter or anything like that. The heater tip on the woodscents takes the last quarter or so of the tip anyway. I just do a big pull through water until it thins out. I have the stock voltage dial set to 7 most of the time for flavor and a bake that seems obviously done to me, but every now and then I’ll go to 8 and try to eke a little more out. Things taste a little less great at the end here, but still not what I’d call bad if you kill it in one go.

It’s a surprising amount of vapor for how little flower is used!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
the taste is so good eh? i miss this vape I've tried it only for 6-7 bowls
how it performs with super fast draw? also good i guess? i knew somebody saying it's almost as powerful as the FlowerPot with super fast draw at almost highest temp
I really enjoy my Woodscents, but I don't think comparing it to the Flowerpot holds up. It is plenty powerful for what it is, but its no ball vape and the inherent limitation of a dynavap tip is that you're not going to be able to match a FP sized load even if the heater has the oomph to drive it.

You can pack more in a glass stem I suppose, but to get that big of a bowl in such a narrow stem you would have to pack it deeper, and ime once you go too deep its difficult to impossible to get an even bake of your herb without stirring.

edit: oh yeah, I didn't really comment on the draw. Again, I don't really regulate my draw when I use my woodscents since the draw is so restricted. When I'm using it through water I would think the size would give me enough mechanical advantage in terms of volume of air displaced that it would be like a fast draw, and a 7 or 8 gets me a lovely even dark tobacco colored avb when I one-shot bowls like I described. If I go to max it gets pretty carbon looking. That is a little too close to combustion for me, and doesn't seem to produce a worthwhile enough increase in vapor in my (very un-scientific) opinion to be worth the flavor and other negatives of topping out the temp range, but maybe with an even larger water piece it works well.

Last edited:

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Hello, Im Pete, Ive been using cannabis for 25 years, with a 10 year break somewhere right around the middle.
Now im vaping for recreational use/medical use for anxiety. I try not to vape too much, as I believed that too much of anything is never good for you.
As for my vaping routine. I typically use 0.05-0.01 per session. I mostly like to vape at a high temp, and value vapes that can extract quickly. I would love a "Ball" vape, but thats not the direction im heading.
I own a arizer v-tower with ddave mod and dave one hitter, a dynavap M, and a crafty+.
Im looking at the E nano xl, taffee bowl, and possibly the vapman, and sticky brick.

Could someone enlighten me on what they think would be best for small dosing/efficiency.

Thanks, all.
Pete.
Being in a similar boat (x2) as you. I found using a ball vape either dry or wet, j hook or snot, is the best. If you don’t mind upping the microdosing to a minimaI tenth, then the baller will work for ya. Started with the hot rod and haven’t looked back. Just keep growing our city. I’ve been a Berkeley med patient long before any legalization and ball vaping is it, and more.

Ionlyknowvape,

Greenleaf88

Fast extraction anvil portable .05,.1 or .2 bowl can be hit in one hit one heat cycle. Can be hit in a bong or native, the hits can replicate an injector style vape just need to torch.
TM does this well also without the torch.

If you want more of slow extractor I would look at the vapman.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: 364F

Vaporware

If you completely use up 0.1g in one draw or session I wouldn’t call that a microdose either, but with a different vaporizer and a short draw I think you can get many microdoses from that same load.

Just to clarify things I’ve said before, if I’m doing something like a microdose with 0.1+ I will get at least 5+ draws out of it making each one more like 0.02g or less, and I won’t take them close to each other.

It may not be everyone’s idea of a microdose, but I like putting 0.1-0.2g or so into a FlowerPot bowl, turning the temp way down and getting a bunch of nice draws throughout an evening or even a couple of days. The first few draws are the best though!

GoldenBud

0.1 cant really be mentioned as microdosing i think. But the anvil also works with much smaller loads.
I also think like you, it's not common to say 1000 micron, but 900 it does...(I think) so ~0.09 is the maximum

GoldenBud,

Texus

Glancing thru this thread I also worry that many of the recs are pretty heavy hitters. I also think of microdosing in terms of small enough doses to stay functional while still getting some desired effects.

I personally would need to be VERY careful to not overdo it with an Anvil or baller. Even when using smaller bowl options.

Logs, DV (esp with low temp cap) or Vapman however are very well suited to microdosing and are devices that are easier not to get into trouble with.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah I've been there. I know they say acid flashbacks are a myth but there was this one time after a t break that got me way out there, with the close eyed visuals just like you.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
  • Love
Reactions: GoldenBud

howie105

I was using a PID driven ELEV8R, and initially ran it between 318 f and 383 f and never found it overpowering the .06 g to .04 g loads. What it did bring to the table was real time temperature monitoring and enough thermal mass to smooth out thermal drop. Recently, I moved the WPA over from an E-Nano and found the 1" worth of selective load placement really useful. Now I can use higher temps without scorching the bud of a new strain that came in.

howie105,

vapebud

Don't follow me, I'm lost too..
I microdose with a dynavap - The bowl adjusts to 0.05g and it's perfect for microdosing during the day

vapebud,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Surprised no-one has mentioned the Dani v3 yet. I packed it full (0.15g) for ages, and was completely overfaced. It'll happily deliver a nice 4-6 creamy tokes off of 0.05g

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: 364F

cptofnthng

Is the anvil a suitable vape for.microdosing?
Inquiring for a friend. I only macrodose

cptofnthng,
  • Haha
Reactions: cx714

Texus

I still feel like Anvil hits too hard (or rather it is too easy to hit it hard if you aren't careful) to buy for microdosing only. Or be very disciplined in how you load and heat it.

For a safer, less likely to take off to Mars option, Vapman is first to pop to mind. Between the two on that spectrum is Dynavap

Top Bottom