TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

When I sent mine in for repair it didn’t come back with a serial on the bottom. I noticed it was the new board when I got the multi color lights when trying to turn it on on the lowest setting. So it’s possible that this seller had a similar repair experience.
True some repairs got new boards, my bad for not including this in my post.

Sneech

When I sent mine in for repair it didn’t come back with a serial on the bottom. I noticed it was the new board when I got the multi color lights when trying to turn it on on the lowest setting. So it’s possible that this seller had a similar repair experience.
I had purchased a few weeks before the new boards were available so I have the old board but also have a multi colored LED at the bottom of my unit. Not sure if there was something other than the multi color lights that made you suspect you got the new board put into your repair but I'm not sure how accurate that could be for determining if it has the newer board as older boards use RGB LEDs as well.

3xFantasyChamp

Hey all. I won't go into details on how, but my TM had some water get into the unit. The water went down the oven column.

I dried it out a bit and it does turn on. I get the red light upon powering the device on. The unit still does the vibration to notify about battery level. Everything seems to be working okay, but the device is still wet inside. I could hear it trying to heat up, but I stopped as I could hear the moisture crackle.

Will I end up having to get a new TM? I was thinking I could maybe open it to clean up the board residue from the water. Right now I have the TM in a bag drying to try it out. Any advice would be appreciated. I guess I'm concerned that the water ruined it for the future. TM's aren't exactly cheap!

cliffhanger1

Hey all. I won't go into details on how, but my TM had some water get into the unit. The water went down the oven column.

I dried it out a bit and it does turn on. I get the red light upon powering the device on. The unit still does the vibration to notify about battery level. Everything seems to be working okay, but the device is still wet inside. I could hear it trying to heat up, but I stopped as I could hear the moisture crackle.

Will I end up having to get a new TM? I was thinking I could maybe open it to clean up the board residue from the water. Right now I have the TM in a bag drying to try it out. Any advice would be appreciated. I guess I'm concerned that the water ruined it for the future. TM's aren't exactly cheap!
Hi. I am sorry to hear that. :(
If it's pre-dried with a cloth and the TM doesn't work after drying in the sun or with a little heat on the radiator (that's how I would do it), some isopropanol might help because it displaces moisture. If that doesn't work either, I would try some WD 40.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get it up and running again.

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,

3xFantasyChamp

I am sorry to hear that. :(
If it's pre-dried with a cloth and the TM doesn't work after drying in the sun or with a little heat on the radiator (that's how I would do it), some isopropanol might help because it displaces moisture. If that doesn't work either, I would try some WD 40.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get it up and running again.
I appreciate it! I wrapped the TM in a paper towel and put it in a ziploc filled with rice. Let it sit overnight.

It appears that it does power on and everything seems to be fine. Was worried about possible mold forming due to the moisture. If I could disassemble the TM and clean up below the heater- I think that would put me at ease a bit.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Many of us have disassembled our TMs for various reasons and reassembled them with no issues after. If it were me I would probably take it apart and pat dry any wet surfaces with a paper towel and then let it sit half a day or so before reassembling it. Don't take the circuit board or the heater out. I would definitely not repower it until I knew it was completely dry. I think there is a good chance it will not be badly damaged and will recover well. If not than I would contact TM.

3xFantasyChamp

I figured someone would comment on the fact I used rice lol. I haven't read the whole article yet. But, for the future I will remember that rice is in fact for dinner and not repairs ha.

3xFantasyChamp,
Reactions: Grass Yes

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If you do disassemble it completely there was a breakdown by @JoeKickass on page 187, but the images there don't show anymore due to the image problem FC is experiencing. Has this been reposted elsewhere or the photos moved to a hoster that still shows here? I think the only thing missing in that breakdown is an oring.

3xFantasyChamp

Many of us have disassembled our TMs for various reasons and reassembled them with no issues after. If it were me I would probably take it apart and pat dry any wet surfaces with a paper towel and then let it sit half a day or so before reassembling it. Don't take the circuit board out. I would definitely not repower it until I knew it was completely dry. I think there is a good chance it will not be badly damaged and will recover well.
Thank you! I'll pickup a Torx set and read through the thread later. M
If you do disassemble it completely there was a breakdown by @JoeKickass on page 187, but the images there don't show anymore due to the image problem FC is experiencing. Has this been reposted elsewhere or the photos moved to a hoster that still shows here? I think the only thing missing in that breakdown is an oring.
Thanks boss. Yeah, I actually was trying to take a look at that. I saw that the links were messed up. No worries, there's a wealth of information on FC and around the internet. I'm sure I can figure out the disassembly.

3xFantasyChamp,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Many of us have disassembled our TMs for various reasons and reassembled them with no issues after. If it were me I would probably take it apart and pat dry any wet surfaces with a paper towel and then let it sit half a day or so before reassembling it. Don't take the circuit board or the heater out. I would definitely not repower it until I knew it was completely dry. I think there is a good chance it will not be badly damaged and will recover well. If not than I would contact TM.
@3xFantasyChamp - Use a hair blow dryer if you have one (I threw mine out 25 years ago, lol). Or leave in sunny spot for a few days. Good luck. :peace:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.

Something similar happened to me early on - this was the reply from TM support at the time:

Hi sorry to hear you had this accident but it doesnt necessarily mean
anything too serious for the tm. The wood might need new oiling but
main thing we make sure there is no water inside the electronics chips
as this would not be good. If I had this happen I would open the unit
by removing the back end big screw and then carefully take out the
bottom panel so that the electronics board is visible this way it can
get dry much more quickly.the other parts dont care about water that
much. Maybe just the vibration motor can stop after this but you could
get a new one there easily. I probably would put it even in the oven
to make it more quickly in Celsius degrees to around 60-70

My TM fully Recovered - Good Luck!

cliffhanger1

Something similar happened to me early on - this was the reply from TM support at the time:

The same i was thinking with oven, but i said the lower way with radiation heater. But hairdryer is also good i think like @Vaporific said

3xFantasyChamp

Yoooo. That's what I'm talking about! I appreciate this. That's reassuring for sure.

Thanks to everyone who's chimed in. The Tinymight should be okay. It's currently drying up. When I turned it on, everything seems to be working. No issues with the vibration motor thankfully. I'll let it completely dry out and then hopefully I'll be back to the big rips! Haha.

rosedale

What is everyone’s opinion on the importance of going new to ensure that you have the new board?

rosedale,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Sneech

Hey all,
I finally got my small bubbler from DHGate in and tried it out with the TM.... WOW! What huge rips!! I feel it may even extract better this way through a water pipe than with my smaller shorter pulls when just using a stem to mouth. I even got that ol bong rip cough going due to a burnt throat after taking a massive milker at a 7.5! I swear the coughing makes me feel higher!
The only thing I think could use some improvement is a better connection adapter as I only got the 3 in 1 one with the glass screen with my TM order. It works fine, its just that the biggest 18mm taper is quite small on it. around 1/8", so it kind of wobbles a bit in the female connection point of my bubbler. That and the small glass screen only holds enough material for about 2 generously large vape hits before its spent.

I'm looking on the TM shop now and have added two 18mm connection adapters and 2 basket screens to my cart. With the shipping the total comes to around $54 USD plus the 2 ish weeks it'll take for them to get to US from Finland. Does anybody have any US based alternatives that work just as well for a connection piece that I could potentially get cheaper and faster? I recall reading about the splinter stem works backwards but not sure if I can get one of those separately, and also hearing about a grav taster? or something like that, but I think that may have been just for stem to mouth and not an 18mm connection.

I'll post pics of my new setup when I get back home!

Oneweb

also hearing about a grav taster?
I have the Grav upline taster and it works great. I use it with basket screens off ebay. I am currently working on finding the right o-ring to fit the Ditanium mouthpiece inside the short glass tube that came with my TM. Hopefully that will make it a better 14mm adapter for me.

Zipford

Hey all,
I finally got my small bubbler from DHGate in and tried it out with the TM.... WOW! What huge rips!! I feel it may even extract better this way through a water pipe than with my smaller shorter pulls when just using a stem to mouth. I even got that ol bong rip cough going due to a burnt throat after taking a massive milker at a 7.5! I swear the coughing makes me feel higher!
The only thing I think could use some improvement is a better connection adapter as I only got the 3 in 1 one with the glass screen with my TM order. It works fine, its just that the biggest 18mm taper is quite small on it. around 1/8", so it kind of wobbles a bit in the female connection point of my bubbler. That and the small glass screen only holds enough material for about 2 generously large vape hits before its spent.

I'm looking on the TM shop now and have added two 18mm connection adapters and 2 basket screens to my cart. With the shipping the total comes to around $54 USD plus the 2 ish weeks it'll take for them to get to US from Finland. Does anybody have any US based alternatives that work just as well for a connection piece that I could potentially get cheaper and faster? I recall reading about the splinter stem works backwards but not sure if I can get one of those separately, and also hearing about a grav taster? or something like that, but I think that may have been just for stem to mouth and not an 18mm connection.

I'll post pics of my new setup when I get back home!
I have and really like the GRAV Upline Taster, but you are correct it is a stem, not a connector. I find it has great taste, doesn't get clogged up and is just as cool as the stock stem and CU. You do need to add a screen to the GRAV, though some people have said you can pack it carefully to avoid using a screen. But anyway, it sounds like you're not looking for a stem.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I have the Grav upline taster and it works great. I use it with basket screens off ebay. I am currently working on finding the right o-ring to fit the Ditanium mouthpiece inside the short glass tube that came with my TM. Hopefully that will make it a better 14mm adapter for me.
I use the o rings from the crafty/mighty.
IMG-20220307-094810.jpg

Top Bottom