TinyMight / TM 2

cliffhanger1

Look what I made. I will make some more soon if anyone is interested. Gr2 titanium. I can anodize up to 50v
Looks great !
I not have a TM.
But if you are cheaper than the other guy here who have a big price which he sell TI stems you can make good business i think.
I wish you good luck ! :)

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
Reactions: zatonic
can i ask how the tinymight is at microdosing/working with smaller amounts of herb? im trying to decide between a tm and a taffee bowle. is the adjustable tm bowl part of the glass piece with the cooling unit or is it in the device itself? if its just the cooling unit can i add one to the bubbler they sell on their site? most of the time 1-2 puffs of a cart,pipe, or vape do me alright since i have a low tolerance so im hoping the tm is a device that would work alright with that. sorry if this is not the right thread for this question -- i tried emailing tm and the bowle people but they didnt get back to me.

gayweedmisato42069,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

fogbank

can i ask how the tinymight is at microdosing/working with smaller amounts of herb? im trying to decide between a tm and a taffee bowle. is the adjustable tm bowl part of the glass piece with the cooling unit or is it in the device itself?
I use the TM with pretty small amounts and it works great. If you keep the stem stock you may need to stir if you get the dark ring, but the TM does fine with small amounts. The adjustable bowl is part of the stem. It is not in the device itself. The bowl is actually formed by the bottom of the cooling unit (screen) and the walls of the glass stem. You adjust the size of the bowl by sliding the cooling unit up or down in the glass stem.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
can i ask how the tinymight is at microdosing/working with smaller amounts of herb?
I suppose it depends on what you consider microdosing. My average bowl size ranges between .03 and .08g depending on strain and I usually get 3 or 4 good hits from that. I guess "good hits" are relative too but I mean nearing as big a hit as I can take comfortably without coughing. And for me this is usually through water.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
can i ask how the tinymight is at microdosing/working with smaller amounts of herb? im trying to decide between a tm and a taffee bowle. is the adjustable tm bowl part of the glass piece with the cooling unit or is it in the device itself? if its just the cooling unit can i add one to the bubbler they sell on their site? most of the time 1-2 puffs of a cart,pipe, or vape do me alright since i have a low tolerance so im hoping the tm is a device that would work alright with that. sorry if this is not the right thread for this question -- i tried emailing tm and the bowle people but they didnt get back to me.

Yeah no problem, it can do the same amounts as the bowle, both are capable microdosers, pure convection on demand helps with this plus their chamber designs. You do not need to use the cooling unit at all with bubbler or WPA stuff, you can just use a basket screen and fill that, just enough to cover the bottom of the screen...

Marlox

I started with 0,005g doses (yes, really!) in the TM, no problem.

Try a CONDUCTIVE LUBRICANT.....
Yes, you can also buy such stuff. But keep in mind, most of them are black (because of the coal as conductive addition) and mostly not food-safe because mixed with nonfood grease. Vaseline is food-safe and nearly invisible if something gets aside

Marlox,
  • Wow
Reactions: XpeeN

Shit Snacks

Good vibes boro and O'Connell made a inception TM stem on Instagram coming soon to his website:
Screenshot-20220331-170714.png

And Phineas may have something for us soon as well ...

badbee

Yes, you can also buy such stuff. But keep in mind, most of them are black (because of the coal as conductive addition) and mostly not food-safe because mixed with nonfood grease. Vaseline is food-safe and nearly invisible if something gets aside
You make a valid point about the safety of conductive grease anywhere near the air path but Vaseline is not a solution, it will make the electrical conductivity issues worse.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You make a valid point about the safety of conductive grease anywhere near the air path but Vaseline is not a solution, it will make the electrical conductivity issues worse.

Thanks for the follow up, saved me the effort to dispute, as the suggestion to use VASELINE as an electronics lube comes up from time to time.

There are many logical reasons to NOT USE IT, except for it’s designed usage. I’d hate to see any members here have that stuff which can get very thin and runny, destroy your device over time. Sometimes cutting corners to save a few bucks, or you have something in your medicine chest, ends up costing a lot more then sourcing the proper product for the job at hand.

Use whatever you like, no skin off my butt..... wait.... I can use Vaseline on that at least! :)

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
But if you are cheaper than the other guy here who have a big price which he sell TI stems
Which user?
Just to clarify...
I think mine are reasonably priced

Shipping costs are included in the price...with tracking and for everyone!
The short Tistem is €45, the long is €60. Each extra stem has a discount of €5.

PXL-20220219-162851135-PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Which user?
Just to clarify...
I think mine are reasonably priced

Shipping costs are included in the price...with tracking and for everyone!
The short Tistem is €45, the long is €60. Each extra stem has a discount of €5.

Pretty sure he was referring to the titaniummight stems by @Vapsss who offered these first originally before you undercut him on cost I believe? :tup:

justcametomind

I think the glass that’s inside the TM is a vape pen part, something similar to the above DHgate item.
Think Roy Hodgson GIF by DAZN

Last edited:

Carrera3.0

When I was looking for a different stem for my TM I found that GRAV, OGB, as well as ebay, Amazon, and some smoke shops have Pyrex and other brands of glass tubes, and screens will fit, just need to know the size. Mike at OGB made me some glass stems at a very reasonable price with quick shipping.

Last edited:
Carrera3.0,

Marlox

As I said earlier, Vaseline was and is used in East Germany for several decades (!) for exactly this purpose (to prevent oxidation of aluminum conductors), without problems.
Also Phoenix-Contact has such a product (with more secrecy, but quasi identical) in the offer. You just fill up e.g. Wago terminals (completely), before you plug in aluminum conductors. The carbide-parts break up oxidation, the vaseline keeps air and water out.
It is important that the connection is always made with a strong contact pressure, as here in the TM.
This displaces the vaseline from the actual contact surface and prevents air (oxygen) from getting to the active connection area.
In addition, the tungsten carbide is a very good conductor and would maintain a good conductive connection, even in the case of insufficient pressure or already oxidized surfaces.

And I may remind us that exactly this problem already exists:
The contact resistance of the contact point in the Tinymight increases due to oxidation ;-)

I have taken for granted that you should not apply a larger amount than absolutely necessary.
Personally, I would probably after (very thin) application and first screwing again remove the lid and wipe away all excess Vaseline (everything that was displaced to outside the contact point).

However, I also think that even a slightly larger amount of Vaseline would not do any harm at the site, the wood would simply absorb it.

Marlox,

RustyOldNail

Silicone vs. Petroleum Grease
Petroleum grease (Vaseline) was recommended (and was apparently used) on low power antenna installations years ago. While people report using it without problems, I never use it in my installations. The primary shortfall of Vaseline is the very low melting point. Most brands or types liquefy at around 100 degrees F, just above human body temperature. While this may be a medical benefit when coating human skin, it is a serious problem with connector applications. Any heat will cause Vaseline to run and eventually dry out over time.

A second petroleum jelly issue is Vaseline's release of flammable vapor, even at low temperatures. A cotton ball soaked in Vaseline will burn a very long time, and actually makes a good fire starter. Since connectors are often near insulation or other things that can act like wicks, petroleum jelly is not the best thing. This is especially true since grease migrates in warm temperatures.

Marlox

Umm, yes. I know what you mean, but i can't imagine the tinymight top-lid getting hotter than 150°C to reach the lowest possible flash-point of vaseline. AND have an open flame beneath to ignite it, too. But well, better too safe than too unsafe, you are right.

So let's think about alternatives. How about silicone-grease with (or without) carbide-particles?
Should be good for a flash-point of >250°C and also no health-issues to be afraid of.

Best solution might be an electrolytic or electrochemical coating at the contact-area with maybe nickel or silver, but i admit that is a rather special method.

Marlox,

RustyOldNail

Umm, yes. I know what you mean, but i can't imagine the tinymight top-lid getting hotter than 150°C to reach the lowest possible flash-point of vaseline. AND have an open flame beneath to ignite it, too. But well, better too safe than too unsafe, you are right.

So let's think about alternatives. How about silicone-grease with (or without) carbide-particles?
Should be good for a flash-point of >250°C and also no health-issues to be afraid of.

Best solution might be an electrolytic or electrochemical coating at the contact-area with maybe nickel or silver, but i admit that is a rather special method.

TM is using a crude but effective mechanical connection, which unfortunately can lead itself to OXIDATION.
Oxidation, can be removed chemically, or physically (sanding, scrapping etc,).

Obviously, if a connection is left untreated, oxidation will begin to slowly build up again. That’s why in a pinch, some have used petroleum grease (Vaseline- name brand), to fully cover 12v car battery lead connections. This keeps the air away, thus slowing oxidation down, but is not being used in this application to make the electrical connection, any more conductive.

In the case of the TM connection, covering it up entirely with anything is not ideal because of the design of the device.

After cleaning oxidation off, one could perhaps use a DROP of a product like DEOXIT, underneath between the connections. Depending on how often one uses the device, you may extend the time new oxidation takes place.

condition

Good vibes boro and O'Connell made a inception TM stem on Instagram coming soon to his website:
Screenshot-20220331-170714.png

And Phineas may have something for us soon as well ...
I have a relative who will visit from US and can bring me unique US stuff and just tried to buy above stem and a neat 14mm J-Hook from o'connel but I scrambled in age verification process where I have been asked to pay first then I get an email to provide age verification with a document that should match the billing address - if unsuccessful I have to contact them to request refund . This may seems standard process for US residents but my ID or passport doesn't display my address so I cancelled. Whish it was easier like courier asks for age verification on delivery or something else simpler

condition,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have a relative who will visit from US and can bring me unique US stuff and just tried to buy above stem and a neat 14mm J-Hook from o'connel but I scrambled in age verification process where I have been asked to pay first then I get an email to provide age verification with a document that should match the billing address - if unsuccessful I have to contact them to request refund . This may seems standard process for US residents but my ID or passport doesn't display my address so I cancelled. Whish it was easier like courier asks for age verification on delivery or something else simpler
I am in the US, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have found that reaching out to the small vendors directly on Instagram can help. I have a bunch of glass from Good Vibes Boro, the maker of that stem, and I bought all of it directly from him with PayPal.

Also, there may be an easier way to order to your friend. I had trouble ordering a donation for Vitolo through POTV because the name on the credit card had to match the addressee. The age verification error did not say that, but once I changed the recipient to my name, it had no trouble with a new address. Reaching out to OWW (or Mike) will probably be the fastest way to fix that dumb issue.

condition

thanks for the pm, I will contact via instagram, also I am well aware of OGB but I already own a very similar J-Hook with 90 degrees angles and from my search I didn't find at OGB a curbed (pipe like) J-Hook like below

edit oh man his Instagram is a VAS trap LOL

PXL_20210629_012843222_be2346a3-e665-4376-90b8-c33cedb39067_1024x1024.jpg

Shit Snacks

thanks for the pm, I will contact via instagram, also I am well aware of OGB but I already own a very similar J-Hook with 90 degrees angles and from my search I didn't find at OGB a curbed (pipe like) J-Hook like below

edit oh man his Instagram is a VAS trap LOL

PXL_20210629_012843222_be2346a3-e665-4376-90b8-c33cedb39067_1024x1024.jpg

Yeah O'Connell has that stupid address age verification thing with a photo of your license, really annoying software, but you can contact him to go around it, he had said he was going to get rid of it, but there's always more complications when you're international so try reaching out... Yeah OGB can make a custom whatever you want really, but he connects and bends the glass tubes, he doesn't curve them that way really, you can find that type of basic hook shape style pretty much anywhere though (try the rogue wax works, he makes his own spiked ones though not the same as the inception)

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Can someone PM me calibration instructions? I'd like to experiment with increasing the heat to
Suit my needs better

Faolan,
Top Bottom