TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

Contact support, and get a replacement, if it happens again, get another replacement and sell it :D
Forgive me my.mind is truly not TM right ....so already did ticket.thru website so you.think go ahead and do.another.since.I.was.planning on it and if new does the same rma it and then sell it? Good.point Thx!

I've killed two vapes.this week.....when will they ever.make a.vape.to withstand my abuse? Lol

Last edited:

Djsleepy

As long as the sale fully discloses the defect & it's a fair selling price under the circumstance. Doing otherwise would be unethical.
There won't be a defects if I do another rma and immediately sell ...

I think it might be design because of the gap in front of button I can see how continuous heat might loosen solder and then pushing while soft causes break....gonna ask him about it ......melting point for electrical solder is 360F about what temps I use maybe a little less? Or could it be warm/ hot batteries right above button thoughts?

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
A week in..... you people were right (especially those that know me) this baby is working for me ! I am falling in love with the this beast of a vape, love the big hits(every single time) , low temps(4-6) taste great, higher temps(7-10) well that’s A one hit and quit It lol! Love the battery....when on demand yesterday got distracted and left it on for 45 mins came back and was like crap battery will be dead but no it was still at same level and rocked a few more stems! Four stems and CUs is definitely not enough for me lol , I’m sure I will add to it 😀. Battery lid has been fine thanks to nyogel and you guys suggestion to hand tighten Thanks again! The TM Feels great in my hand and I am a fan of The long stem over the short stem. WPA rocks but haven’t really given it a good go by itself( no kid weekend so it will soon!) I am using more bud but the quality of the medicating is worth it and will offset cost, not to mention I’ve been hitting it hard :rockon:! Testing is so much fun but so damn expensive lol!

So since My usage has brought down two companies and working on FF lol , I’ve decided to purchase an additional TM !!!!!

Thanks to all for helping me find what seems to be a solid piece of machinery!

Have a great weekend!

Why would you sell it since you apparently are taken with it - so much so that you decided to purchase a 2nd one?

Summer,

Djsleepy

Why would you sell it since you apparently are taken with it - so much so that you decided to purchase a 2nd one?
That would only be if I do rma or purchase and it does it again to either one, I would send both in for repair then sell. See my previous post I added some info that might explain

ANd believe me I will be devastated to not have this in my arsenal( or what's left lol)....it is exactly what. everyone says it was .....Medicates like nothing else!

So do I get the second one or not ?

slayyou

As long as the sale fully discloses the defect & it's a fair selling price under the circumstance. Doing otherwise would be unethical.
Sorry I see how you could have misunderstood my intentions, I meant for him to return the defective device (TM request that you send defective devices to their offices that's what the return labels are for)

Djsleepy

I'd like to know too, lol! I haven't dropped the device and this is the first time I've disassembled the bottom portion of it. I assume I mashed the power button sufficiently enough that it broke the solder points. That's the only reasonable thing I can come up with so far. If I could figure out how to embed a picture without point to an external URL, I'd include one that demo's the issue.
Is your button still messed up? How long have had it? Are you light or heavy user? Sorry trying to figure out if there are any similarities. TIA

Edit: ugh ugh ugh my TM accessory just got here noooooop! Got the MV1 it definitely ain’t no TM!

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

SquirrelMaster

Ugh I went to put into session mode and the button is stuck pushed in can anything be done?

Edit: Man I opened her up and reseated.button and same thing button pushes.all the way in , opened again and confirmed sensor not fullly connected keeps.bending back when button pushes.in. So , do I order.a.second one? Is this a.fluke? Sign I'm too hard.on button? Will happen again after.a.week.of.use? Could the fact its.always warm during my heavy use cause part to weaken sooner? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Well crap. I think it's just the two of you (yourself and @ephemera.cannon ) that had buttons breaks (afaik) so it's not wide spread but still sucks. If Tinymight read this thread I think they would should bring you on as a tester, you'll definitely bring any weak points to the surface with your usage. How hot did you notice the bottom cap was when the button failed?

Anyone find basket screens that fit the TM stems properly without getting stuck when you pull the stem out? RBT basket screens are too big and I only got one with my TM order that fits perfectly. I know I can order more from their site but thought of checking with y’all before pulling the trigger to see if anyone found a source from the US

In the U.S. look at this Ebay listing. They sell different quantities as well.

Djsleepy

Well crap. I think it's just the two of you (yourself and @ephemera.cannon ) that had buttons breaks (afaik) so it's not wide spread but still sucks. If Tinymight read this thread I think they would should bring you on as a tester, you'll definitely bring any weak points to the surface with your usage. How hot did you notice the bottom cap was when the button failed?
It was third bowl of the day and I was about clean stems and do a water hit And pressed like normal and button went all the way in ...and no I’m not a solderer not with these fat of fingers Lol! Especially as it is power button and solder is on edge of circuit board I wouldn’t want to damage board.....damn should of really stuck with that electrical class in high school.

I got and insta message letting him know what I believe is causing this And if it might happen again or if just a fluke. Told him I waiting to pull trigger on second till he responds

DelaSheck

How did you determine that it was 3 steps up from factory settings?
Do you think yours is running hot, I can't really go much above 6 natively, so I am wondering if mine is set the same. It's not really a big deal though.

DelaSheck,

ephemera.cannon

Is your button still messed up? How long have had it? Are you light or heavy user? Sorry trying to figure out if there are any similarities. TIA

Edit: ugh ugh ugh my TM accessory just got here noooooop! Got the MV1 it definitely ain’t no TM!
Sorry to hear you're in the same boat as I am with a defunct TM. I'm a moderate-to-heavy user always in on-demand mode. When I removed the bottom portion and inspected it appeared that the solder points on the front of the power post (if you will - i think you referred to it as a sensor) were compromised. I.E. it looks like it'd been soldered down at one point but was no longer attached. As a result, that power post/sensor on the PCB will always bend back when the power button makes contact with it.

I doubt that a particular usage profile is at fault, though I've got strong hands and forearms and do tend to exert more pressure when I grab stuff. That said, there's nothing acting as a stopping mechanism for the power button besides that soldered power post (as far as I can tell) which is a little concerning. Shrug.

Here's where I'm at w/ the return: I immediately logged into my account and started the return process. I've yet to hear anything back.. This morning I took the additional of sending a politely worded email acknowledging they're probably very busy and that I'm patiently waiting on a response. Now that I'm not the only one that's experienced this, I'll probably continue to follow-up here as the situation evolves unless people would prefer I not.

Djsleepy

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat as I am with a defunct TM. I'm a moderate-to-heavy user always in on-demand mode. When I removed the bottom portion and inspected it appeared that the solder points on the front of the power post (if you will - i think you referred to it as a sensor) were compromised. I.E. it looks like it'd been soldered down at one point but was no longer attached. As a result, that power post/sensor on the PCB will always bend back when the power button makes contact with it.

I doubt that a particular usage profile is at fault, though I've got strong hands and forearms and do tend to exert more pressure when I grab stuff. That said, there's nothing acting as a stopping mechanism for the power button besides that soldered power post (as far as I can tell) which is a little concerning. Shrug.

Here's where I'm at w/ the return: I immediately logged into my account and started the return process. I've yet to hear anything back.. This morning I took the additional of sending a politely worded email acknowledging they're probably very busy and that I'm patiently waiting on a response. Now that I'm not the only one that's experienced this, I'll probably continue to follow-up here as the situation evolves unless people would prefer I not.
Man thanks for responding, I too have a strong grip and sometimes man handle things. Mine is exactly like yours ,those front posts are disconnected . So do you think pushing button when warm/hot leads to it ? Or just bad solder or manhandle? Lol

Djsleepy,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone find basket screens that fit the TM stems properly without getting stuck when you pull the stem out? RBT basket screens are too big and I only got one with my TM order that fits perfectly. I know I can order more from their site but thought of checking with y’all before pulling the trigger to see if anyone found a source from the US

Yeah I posted with link many times in here if you search, the imp o ring stem basket screens from MistVape, regular style and deep cups, will fit the stock TM stem.

SquirrelMaster

Oh definitely keep us updated.

I would encourage others as well to post positive or negative info (if the rules of FC are followed) so we can help each other out if possible. That's what makes FC a place I'll continue to come too, the community here is pretty great.

Thanks for this as I also need some of those for my splinter stem WPAs. I'm paralyzed by the number of quantities with no obvious sweet spot for cost-per-screen so someone needs to stop me before I buy 75 just to save money.
Before I realized they didn't ship to Canada I did the same thing. "But if I buy a few more they're so much cheaper" lol.

Kinick23

Yeah I posted with link many times in here if you search, the imp o ring stem basket screens from MistVape, regular style and deep cups, will fit the stock TM stem.

Thanks bro and @SquirrelMaster. I left out the part I was looking for the dome screens that have the rims around the top. My bad on that. I ordered the long cooling stem with the unit and it came with one loaded in the joint. I really like these over the standard cups

bgrpph

Sorry for those with broken button- that sucks when one is left w/o working TM & very lengthy communication from maker. I have issue with battery cap on my 2nd TM received few weeks ago. Used TM site to request RMA but haven't got response.

re the button breaking for few folks- wondering if it has anything to do with
xtra pushes required to get unit on/off -I never ever can get my TM to turn on or off the 1st time pushing the button quickly 3 times- Ive had a TM since July (bought/received 2nd unit few wks ago) - it always takes me 3 or 4 tries to get the TM on or off regardless of what i do with button pushing. Tried variety of approaches to pushing button, but it rarely works on 1st try on either TM. Wondering if its me or if many have this issue and if the # of needless pushes to get it on/off is contributing to the weakening of button area for those with broken button.

I only use in on-demand but have been just leaving it in on-demand mode in the evening when i'm using it- instead of turning it on off & having a dozen xtra button pushes to get it on or off.

Last edited:
bgrpph,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks bro and @SquirrelMaster. I left out the part I was looking for the dome screens that have the rims around the top. My bad on that. I ordered the long cooling stem with the unit and it came with one loaded in the joint. I really like these over the standard cups

Can you post a photo, that would be a new inclusion... In my experience those rimmed basket screens are not good to use because they get stuck in the TM when I remove the stem... They also do not fit the stock stem at all, but other aftermarket 16mm stems...

Kinick23

@Shit Snacks Yeap will post shortly .. exactly i have them for my rbt gear and they don’t fit properly bc the lip protrudes out too much. TM’s rims don’t poke out as much and fit perfect. I love using em with the TM.. so easy

Djsleepy

Sorry for those with broken button- that sucks when one is left w/o working TM & very lengthy communication from maker. I have issue with battery cap on my 2nd TM received few weeks ago. Used TM site to request RMA but haven't got response.

xtra pushes required to get unit on/off -I never ever can get my TM to turn on or off the 1st time pushing the button quickly 3 times- Ive had a TM since July (bought/received 2nd unit few wks ago) - it always takes me 3 or 4 tries to get the TM on or off regardless of what i do with button pushing. Tried variety of approaches to pushing button, but it rarely works on 1st try on either TM. Wondering if its me or if many have this issue and if the # of needless pushes to get it on/off is contributing to the weakening of button area for those with broken button.

I only use in on-demand but have been just leaving it in on-demand mode in the evening when i'm using it- instead of turning it on off & having a dozen xtra button pushes to get it on or off.
I have same on/off issue rarely get it first time

Djsleepy,

ephemera.cannon

Man thanks for responding, I too have a strong grip and sometimes man handle things. Mine is exactly like yours ,those front posts are disconnected . So do you think pushing button when warm/hot leads to it ? Or just bad solder or manhandle? Lol

I'm disinclined to believe it's a heat issue. I think the solder points failed as a result of the mechanical action potentially impacted by the force with which we engage the button control. I'm not in a position to speak to the integrity of those solder joints.

Great question. I was definitely in the habit of mashing that button until I got the desired haptic feedback because, like you, it rarely powered off/on on the first attempt. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I just left it in on-demand mode most of the time.

ephemera.cannon,
Reactions: arb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I think it's a good time to repeat once more @RustyOldNails (I believe) finding: there's no need to hit that button like a woodpecker on coke, it's actually possible to boot the TM the mellow way. It seems like the time between the first two button presses determines how fast the final hit has to occur, so if you just try slow from the get go, it will accept a (relatively) slow three presses and then boot. I'm sure that'll be friendlier to the button in the long run. Give it a try, was a revelation for me.

SquirrelMaster

I think it's a good time to repeat once more @RustyOldNails (I believe) finding: there's no need to hit that button like a woodpecker on coke, it's actually possible to boot the TM the mellow way. It seems like the time between the first two button presses determines how fast the final hit has to occur, so if you just try slow from the get go, it will accept a (relatively) slow three presses and then boot. I'm sure that'll be friendlier to the button in the long run. Give it a try, was a revelation for me.
This. Keep your timing consistent between presses and you'll be golden.

Top Bottom