TinyMight / TM 2

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.

I finally got around to picking up some cocobolo stems from @Ed's TnT , through VapeNorth. I've been meaning to pick some since Ed first posted pictures on IG. They're smooth as glass, and pictures don't do his handiwork justice.
TM.jpg

I'm also all decked out with @Ed's TnT now too, also thanks to VapeNorth. Bring on the custom TM bodies!

I've added some glass beads to the WPA and I use it native now too. I don't even have a water piece, just like how it looked and wanted to try it.

I do not miss the glass stems at all

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I still haven't picked up a wood stem, even for the RBT vapes. I should I think but I've always been concerned about cleaning the wood of reclaim.

Likewise, I do have some for my RBT Vapes, but I never use them, I also don't like the way the wood affects the vapor quality? I do think Alan may be able to make wooden stems with glass liners though... :brow:

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I still haven't picked up a wood stem, even for the RBT vapes. I should I think but I've always been concerned about cleaning the wood of reclaim.
It crossed my mind as well . . .time will tell I guess.
I also don't like the way the wood affects the vapor quality?
What do you notice? I haven't noticed any detrimental differences myself, but I don't claim to have the most refined palate.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Wood naturally has some odor, and when heated is probably more likely to give it off. A glass liner should eliminate that concern, along with most of the cleaning issues.

Added: It may be possible to heat treat wood in a way to reduce it's likelihood to exude any odor. I am no expert on wood behavior and Ed obviously is.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

It crossed my mind as well . . .time will tell I guess.

What do you notice? I haven't noticed any detrimental differences myself, but I don't claim to have the most refined palate.

Yeah as my man cybr said, I would also add not all woods are equal! Aside from different people having different pallets, some woods can give off more strong smells and flavors, sometimes they also fade and break in over time, but some just arrive more neutral in my experience...

But yeah also what I noticed is it's just, I don't know maybe it's because the wood doesn't absorb the heat the same way glass does, so I feel like I always get a hotter harsher hit, on top of having worse flavor, with my wood stems?? Been so long, I should probably try them out again... I really want to get glass liners though! I have one for a 14mm mistvape touch stem and my Lamart (though I don't like that wood stem capsule bowl)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think some have had a problem with overheating the ZV1 and 2 releasing some ick, for example. I imagine that putting some woods in a kiln before working them might help as well.

cybrguy,

Shit Snacks

I think some have had a problem with overheating the ZV1 and 2 releasing some ick, for example. I imagine that putting some woods in a kiln before working them might help as well.

Oh, you are talking about African blackwood sap, ZV2 and V2, but also Ed's stems always come in cocobolo and african blackwood, I remember I got a solo stem from him way back when in blackwood and I never liked it, for a few reasons, but I remember that aspect, and I've seen it mentioned for other vapes that have this wood and high heat... With his TM stem, the bowl is wood right next to the heater, I would not want to use a stem like that here for that reason as well!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh, you are talking about African blackwood sap, ZV2 and V2, but also Ed's stems always come in cocobolo and african blackwood, I remember I got a solo stem from him way back when in blackwood and I never liked it,
Well, I do have to say that this very early VC is still one of my favorites and ED made it. It's the only woody I have other than vongs
blackwood-vc.jpg

It would be nice if TM came up with some wood options besides the Oak, tho I don't think I would choose Blackwood. I don't know what other kinds of wood are common in Scandinavia and it would be nice if he used something local.

Pretty sure Maple and Ash are native...

Shit Snacks

Well, I do have to say that this very early VC is still one of my favorites and ED made it. It's the only woody I have other than vongs
blackwood-vc.jpg

It would be nice if TM came up with some wood options besides the Oak, tho I don't think I would choose Blackwood. I don't know what other kinds of wood are common in Scandinavia and it would be nice if he used something local.

Pretty sure Maple and Ash are native...

Yeah I think both of those woods would be great alternatives, neutral, perhaps more so than the oak even! Some are very pretty too

And yes I had an original TiWoody vapcap with blackwood body too, it was one of those that cracked right away, and it actually had a lot of that sap oozing problem in fact!

Shit Snacks

Howdy y'all,
I have my first TM on its way and wanted to know what parts I should/need to clean right away vs. later when I need to do my first deep cleaning.

Welcome to FC, and the TM! If you want to skim through the past couple pages or so, we literally just discussed this actually!

Welcome to FC, and the TM! If you want to skim through the past couple pages or so, we literally just discussed this actually!
Thank you! I'm only really used to reddit but have slowly figure how the filter function works on here. Do you think it would be worth me compiling some information from here and posting it on reddit? I only found out about FC from a reddit user and am blown away by how many of my questions have already been answered on here vs. hours of using reddit.

Shit Snacks

Thank you! I'm only really used to reddit but have slowly figure how the filter function works on here. Do you think it would be worth me compiling some information from here and posting it on reddit? I only found out about FC from a reddit user and am blown away by how many of my questions have already been answered on here vs. hours of using reddit.

Haha yeah Reddit cannot compete with FC in my experience either, though it does have a lot from here, do whatever you think you can to give back to the community, a lot of us are happy to help, it's a thrill when you find the right vape for you! And yeah the search feature here is so useful once you figure it out, the popular threads get so huge!

jbm

I only found out about FC from a reddit user and am blown away by how many of my questions have already been answered on here vs. hours of using reddit.
Reddit bashing is pretty popular around here but it doesn't have to be a zero-sum game. I use both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Try getting help with a grow around here, for example. (You can't, the rules forbid it.) It's an AND rather than OR situation for me.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I prefer the moderation in here that prohibits a lot of the hostile and uncivil behavior that one often finds over there. When there is something of value first introduced over there it usually makes it's way over here eventually. Many people read both. I kinda feel like I'm slumming when I find my self over there. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, really, just less moderation to ensure civility. I personally prefer civil discourse so I tend to hang here.

Djsleepy

I prefer the moderation in here that prohibits a lot of the hostile and uncivil behavior that one often finds over there. When there is something of value first introduced over there it usually makes it's way over here eventually. Many people read both. I kinda feel like I'm slumming when I find my self over there. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, really, just less moderation to ensure civility. I personally prefer civil discourse so I tend to hang here.
We welcome you with open arms! Nothing but love here. Enjoy your TM!

ezpz

Reddit is good advertising. FC is encyclopedia. If you don't know what's out there, reddit has tons of pictures of different vapes. But when you see something you like, the best info since the inception of that vape, is found here.
Btw, TM rocks. :rockon:

Top Bottom