TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Tomorrow i will check that thing too but i dont know if have the right screwdriver. Yeah it's working because i can get vapor, but its not working fine for me.

Honestly after all this troubleshooting, to me it sounds like you might be a candidate for doing the procedure to turn your temp range for the dial higher... I know I would be one of the ones saying to work on technique etc before ever doing this, but yeah I just read the past couple pages and as a noctor I feel comfortable writing you a prescription for that now!

Looking to add the Tinymight to my lineup. I’m just not sure what accessories to purchase. Is the long stem preferred over the short? Should I opt for 3rd party options for wpa/stems/screens, etc.? Has anyone tried the dimpled Extra Long Stem? Most importantly how’s the beeswax?

The long stem just gives you a little more room, sacrificing some portability, can help though if you are doing back-to-back high temp hits where the steel cooling unit could transfer more heat to the tip of the glass short stem... I've never used my long stem though! Also I suggest getting as many extras as you can, why not, easier from the source, get one of each WPA I say as well, and if you like the look of the extra long stem yeah go for that too, it is effective, but if you are getting the WPA and also a glass j-hook of some kind you may not really need it at all honestly...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Honestly after all this troubleshooting, to me it sounds like you might be a candidate for doing the procedure to turn your temp range for the dial higher... I know I would be one of the ones saying to work on technique etc before ever doing this, but yeah I just read the past couple pages and as a noctor I feel comfortable writing you a prescription for that now!
I understand your point, but you will notice that TM apparently didn't think this might be a solution as they had an opportunity to suggest it in response to his query. I don't think there is any way to be sure it isn't a contact issue without opening it up. It shouldn't be necessary to do it, but it seems more likely to me than a TA issue.

cybrguy,

Shit Snacks

I understand your point, but you will notice that TM apparently didn't think this might be a solution as they had an opportunity to suggest it in response to his query. I don't think there is any way to be sure it isn't a contact issue without opening it up. It shouldn't be necessary to do it, but it seems more likely to me than a TA issue.

Sorry I did not see him posting a query he sent to TM or a response from TM to him here, I saw someone else posting one...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Sorry I did not see him posting a query he sent to TM or a response from TM to him here, I saw someone else posting one...
You are right, sorry. That was @DangerNoodle 's post. Same issue probably, but it wasn't a response to him. I suppose it is worth a try, tho even if it works it could be masking another problem.

Just as an FYI I have been having trouble getting back in to TA mode. I wanted to try a different range but it is resisting me.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
So it’s not that I had what I was looking for !!The BENDY SPIKED works just as well as on the TP80 !!
Attention is not a stable fit ... I had to remove the ring to seal the stem in the oring slightly.
ONLY FOR THE TEST PURPOSE
IMG-20200207-234044.jpg
@Shit Snacks! I am tempted to try this again, do you think J-hook is very different?

dzoinp,

Kaptan

IME, when I had a contact issue with the top metal plate and the metal band, if I held the TM tightly in my hand and gave it a good shake for 15 seconds or so, this would correct the contact problem for a couple of stems. You may want to try this to determine if you have a contact problem. It may not work for everyone, but it worked for me to determine it was a contact issue.

Duffer

Looking to add the Tinymight to my lineup. I’m just not sure what accessories to purchase. Is the long stem preferred over the short? Should I opt for 3rd party options for wpa/stems/screens, etc.? Has anyone tried the dimpled Extra Long Stem? Most importantly how’s the beeswax?
I just got the dimpled extra long stem and haven’t used anything else since as it really rips on my TMs. It’s a little long but not uncomfortably so.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks! I am tempted to try this again, do you think J-hook is very different?

I knew someone did that, figures it was you! When you ask different, do you mean different from the bendy spiked? It has a good curve, but it doesn't have spike system, and the 18 mm male joint is the same, so it's still not actually going to fit in the TM properly... If that is what you meant? Or did you not mean the Lamart mini j-hook, are you asking about any j hook? Because also there's a wide variety in them, and I've never tried this Tetra spiky bendy stem in my TM...

Shit Snacks,

farmerpalmersnt

20210331_195009.jpg

Finished off the stem. Think I'll go with a friction fit wooden cap rather than my original plan for a magnet. I've topped the steel collar with an agate ring. Machined it down a bit. Feels sooooo much nicer on the lips and the vapour is the coolest of all the stems I've tried (splinter, j hook, glass beads, that weird glass one with the cooling spikes 🤣 and loads of others).

20210331_194728.jpg

As it looks out of the TM.

Shit Snacks

Question here : does any 18mm male J-hook ok to use with TM and P80 ?

Nope! dzoinp had to remove some parts to get his to fit like that, the way to use a male glass attachment with the TM, is to get the WPA and then a female to female adapter... Easier to just get a male to male adapter for TP80 to use with the same female jayhooks that will work with TM and WPA! :tup:

purepotstill

Nope! dzoinp had to remove some parts to get his to fit like that, the way to use a male glass attachment with the TM, is to get the WPA and then a female to female adapter... Easier to just get a male to male adapter for TP80 to use with the same female jayhooks that will work with TM and WPA! :tup:
Think I've got it, but it should be more obvious when I have them between my hands. Have to calm down though, I may be happy with the stock stems...

Shit Snacks

Think I've got it, but it should be more obvious when I have them between my hands. Have to calm down though, I may be happy with the stock stems...

Trust me, female glass jayhook will be worth it! Or if all you have are the tetra male glass j hook, yeah grab a female to female adapter! I have not used the cooling unit for TM in over a year now, but I've also been staying at home of course... Also extra long stem now!

NimChimpsky

Just took the OGB custom for a spin! Man, such an improvement over my standard Grav jhook - noticeably less harsh and I love the form factor / how the TM sits in it! :luv:

Mike at OGB got back to me within hours on a Saturday, crafted it on Sunday, shipped first thing Monday, all at a very reasonable price. Thanks for the rec on this one, gang!

Edit: correct name below! (not L-hook)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Just took the OGB custom 'L-Hook' for a spin! Man, such an improvement over my standard Grav jhook - noticeably less harsh and I love the form factor / how the TM sits in it! :luv:

Mike at OGB got back to me within hours on a Saturday, crafted it on Sunday, shipped first thing Monday, all at a very reasonable price. Thanks for the rec on this one, gang!

Awesome! This one is actually the sidecar hook, double right angle jayhook technically (my own original custom design, except mine is closer to three right angles) (L-Hook is the spiked single right angle one) ;)
I'm glad he could still do 18.8mm female for you even though 14mm female is listed on the site! Probably not too much more money to customize this way? He does great work and this is my go to piece for my TM as I designed it specifically for this purpose, though it works great with many vapes!

PXL-20210401-191823632.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Just took the OGB custom 'L-Hook' for a spin! Man, such an improvement over my standard Grav jhook - noticeably less harsh and I love the form factor / how the TM sits in it! :luv:

Team OGB!

What made you go with the flared mouth pointing straight up like that?

I use my Sherlock to keep the stack height of my Zs under control and mostly use the corncob for the Tinymight.
PXL_20210401_192239360~2.jpg

NimChimpsky

Awesome! This one is actually the sidecar hook, double right angle jayhook technically (my own original custom design, except mine is closer to three right angles) (L-Hook is the spiked single right angle one) ;)
I'm glad he could still do 18.8mm female for you even though 14mm female is listed on the site! Probably not too much more money to customize this way? He does great work and this is my go to piece for my TM as I designed it specifically for this purpose, though it works great with many vapes!

PXL-20210401-191823632.jpg
Ah, thanks for the name correction and for the original design concept! I actually sent him a snip of a pic you posted of yours to model this one :tup: love the sidecar idea with the right angles for cooling - looking forward to trying it with some other vapes, but it certainly shines with the TM (as you intended)!

Yep, it was $48 plus $9 priority shipping. Extremely well packaged and the glass is very thick (much thicker than the Grav jhook). It would have been an extra $30 for a few cooling spikes but I figured I'd keep this one simpler and maybe opt for another custom with the spikes later.

Shit Snacks

Team OGB!

What made you go with the flared mouth pointing straight up like that?

That mouthpiece is not actually flared, it is a flat pinch, similar to mine, which is like yours but then just flat-pinched (although mine is also 12 mm diameter tubing, not 15 mm like yours, seems like this hook may be 12 mm as well?) Seems he is offering this flat pinch mouthpiece standard with the 14 mm hook available on the website, is a newer design from his previous offering of the flared trumpet mouthpiece (which I think is just awful by the way lol) and his flat wide disc mouthpiece... Just getting the plane tube, like you did, like he has for the corn cob 14mm L hook on his site, is also totally fine I think!

Ah, thanks for the name correction and for the original design concept! I actually sent him a snip of a pic you posted of yours to model this one :tup: love the sidecar idea with the right angles for cooling - looking forward to trying it with some other vapes, but it certainly shines with the TM (as you intended)!

Cool cool, happy to have helped! Yeah I may get another one someday, that is a sidecar on the other side, left side? Because sometimes I feel like I would like to hold it the same way in my other hand lol Still it is so versatile, I just have two different ways to hold it in each hand, one-handed or two-handed uses... I've tried it in many, but the truth is it is still mainly my TM hook almost exclusively!

Yep, it was $48 plus $9 priority shipping. Extremely well packaged and the glass is very thick (much thicker than the Grav jhook). It would have been an extra $30 for a few cooling spikes but I figured I'd keep this one simpler and maybe opt for another custom with the spikes later.

Oh nice, so it was only $3 more to go 18 mm basically instead of 14 mm, I think the site lists $45 for the sidecar hook in 14... Yeah super duper thick glass, like you definitely get what you're paying for! And good call on the spikes, honestly I think the right angle bends are more effective, and the spikes are more complicated for him to do so more expensive, but yeah I think grabbing the 14 mm corn cob L hook he has available on the site, it's tubing is 15 mm diameter mouthpiece vapor path with the six spikes, would be a smart play someday and I sort of plan to do so myself, I think it is $55 plus shipping? I have one that is similar, but yeah it has the narrower diameter and fewer spikes and it is shorter and 18 mm so I think I can justify it for myself... However I have some other really nice custom glass coming soon from Phineas!

NimChimpsky

What made you go with the flared mouth pointing straight up like tha
I realize now the pic doesn't show the mouth angle and tip well (pics below), but yea the flat pinch is just a comfort preference and I really like the execution on this one. Love your pieces (especially the sherlock)!

flared trumpet mouthpiece (which I think is just awful by the way lol)
Totally agree, and I think all the stock sidecar ones listed on the site have the flared.

I may get another one someday, that is a sidecar on the other side, left side? Because sometimes I feel like I would like to hold it the same way in my other hand
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing :lol:

I think grabbing the 14 mm corn cob L hook he has available on the site, it's tubing is 15 mm diameter mouthpiece vapor path with the six spikes, would be a smart play someday and I sort of plan to do so myself
Nice, will def look into that one at some point - was thinking about a corn cob type. Super impressed with this first OGB piece/customer experience, really 10/10 in every way!

Shit Snacks

Totally agree, and I think all the stock sidecar ones listed on the site have the flared.

No the stock side car 14 mm hook on the site, that one comes with the mouthpiece you have, @BrianTL got the uncustomized version and it looks the same I think! All the other stock mouthpieces are the flared trumpet, though the flat disc is also available stock, of course if you email him to customize he can give you whatever mouthpiece you want (or none) Anyway yeah OGB is great and I am glad more people are grabbing his stuff for their TM now!

Oh also I can clearly tell that you are tubing is 15 mm, as opposed to my 12 mm, that's why your mouthpiece looks like more of a pinch! Now I have even more justification for getting another one facing the other direction along with the stock corncob lol

Top Bottom