TinyMight / TM 2

AK47 AMI

Someone posted at some point I think here about where to buy batteries in the UK, you should specify when you post where you are because I don't know if the best battery places shipping in the US are the best for the UK... Also no need to overthink it, when you get them you throw them on the external charger until they are full, then you use them until they run down and charge them up whenever, you don't need to worry about that much... 4.2v is full if you got a battery charger that has a digital display.

I don't know why you're not getting blank hits, have you tried only taking one hit at each temp setting like I've said? Starting low? are you sure the bowl is not extracted? The other thing is air flow, good connection with the o-rings and glass stem etc.

Yes I've tried that temp stepping starting low, sometimes decent vapor and other times not much at all. Yes I'm looking for stuff in the UK. What do you mean by good connection with o rings? The herb is just fairly brown and sometimes not even that? I'm thinking about a basic charger just the Xstar

Hey, sometimes there are Connection Problem. The Performance of my TM Went down to Zero once. Sometimes i still got a Hit in 10...
So i cleaned all the connections and this foil assemble...and than IT worked again. Also cleaning the Lid good. Its Part of the Connection for the battery Power.
You have to open up the unit for that....

Would I really need to clean the connections and foil... It's pretty new still so thought there would be no need to do so? How do I get to the connections and foil and lid please?
I have bought all my batteries and chargers from here, I'm in the UK. They often do deals on a Friday.

Thank you yes @tevytrev I think I'll order them from here just want a basic charger as long as it tells me the voltage readout so know when to get it off then that's cool! Is there a reason the Samsung 25R 18650 Battery says not for use in vape! Is this a warning all batteries have etc? But everyone uses them for vapes?! I think I'll wait till Friday and see if deals are on? Cheers mate 😉

Last edited:
AK47 AMI,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes I've tried that temp stepping starting low, sometimes decent vapor and other times not much at all. Yes I'm looking for stuff in the UK. What do you mean by good connection with o rings? The herb is just fairly brown and sometimes not even that? I'm thinking about a basic charger just the Xstar

Thank you yes @tevytrev I think I'll order them from here just want a basic charger as long as it tells me the voltage readout so know when to get it off then that's cool! Is there a reason the Samsung 25R 18650 Battery says not for use in vape! Is this a warning all batteries have etc? But everyone uses them for vapes?! I think I'll wait till Friday and see if deals are on? Cheers mate 😉

I just meant that you have a good air flow seal, if you take a hit at level four, and then step up to level five there's no reason you should not get another hit that's even thicker... And should be able to get another at 6 and another at 7 too...

Yeah that is a generic warning for the batteries, Samsung 25R is still fine choice, and there's no danger any good charger will not overcharge the batteries btw

Shit Snacks,

AK47 AMI

I just meant that you have a good air flow seal, if you take a hit at level four, and then step up to level five there's no reason you should not get another hit that's even thicker... And should be able to get another at 6 and another at 7 too...

Yeah that is a generic warning for the batteries, Samsung 25R is still fine choice, and there's no danger any good charger will not overcharge the batteries btw

I can only have a few hits and temp stepping to 5.5, if I go higher starts to taste a bit harsh and can start coughing, and so not worth it?! I'd love to make it taste better!

I unscrewed the battery cap and thought I'd clean the compartment so did so and then put the battery back in and realised when I turned it on and pressed the button, when it was vibrating the buzzing noise was buzzing, but slightly changing noise too? I think the cap may have been tightened too tight and may have been like that for some time, so I loosened it a little and it sounded ok and consistent again. Could that be making a difference?

[/QUOTE]

I thought so, yes I might get the Samsung then if decent. ok im looking for a decent charger which will show battery capacity level send voltage etc, looked at the Xstar vc4 but doesn't sound good. Any ideas lads? What do you guys think of the Xstar X4? Looks good and acts like a powerbank too, charges 1A and 2A
@Shitsnacks @RustyOldNail

Last edited:
AK47 AMI,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I can only have a few hits and temp stepping to 5.5, if I go higher starts to taste a bit harsh and can start coughing, and so not worth it?! I'd love to make it taste better!

Well hopefully this is where getting the glass WPA and jayhook will help you then!

thought so, yes I might get the Samsung then if decent. ok im looking for a decent charger which will show battery capacity level send voltage etc, looked at the Xstar vc4 but doesn't sound good. Any ideas lads? @Shitsnacks @RustyOldNail

Others seem to like xstar? I don't know... Just make sure the Samsung batteries are flat top btw! (NOT button top)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

I unscrewed the battery cap and thought I'd clean the compartment so did so and then put the battery back in and realised when I turned it on and pressed the button, when it was vibrating the buzzing noise was buzzing, but slightly changing noise too? I think the cap may have been tightened too tight and may have been like that for some time, so I loosened it a little and it sounded ok and consistent again. Could that be making a difference?

I thought so, yes I might get the Samsung then if decent. ok im looking for a decent charger which will show battery capacity level send voltage etc, looked at the Xstar vc4 but doesn't sound good. Any ideas lads? What do you guys think of the Xstar X4? Looks good and acts like a powerbank too, charges 1A and 2A
@Shitsnacks @RustyOldNail

Before just buying my SkyRC MC3000 “advanced” charger, I used a 2-bay Xtar VP2, solid unit, only a 1 amp charge. However, I always recommend looking at Xtar before other brands in their category. The X4 you mentioned looks good, took a quick look, it can charge four bays at 1 amp, or two bays at 2 amps. Since I have plenty of batteries, and not in a hurry, I usually still charge at the slower 1-amp rate, better for long term battery health.

As far as batteries, I would stick with the Murata/Sony VTC6, you will get longer run time then the Samsung 25R, you don’t need high amps on this device, but the added time is welcome.

florduh

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying my second hand TinyMight. Easily the best of the half dozen convection portables I’ve purchased in the past 9 weeks (it got out of hand, yes). I like it at least as much as my current most used herb vape, the FW7. It’s just effortless to get tasty comfortable clouds.

So what’s the magic behind this thing? It’s just a big steel heater like every other convection portable. But the vapor is so fast and thick. There’s no technique needed. The cooling unit surely plays a part in vapor coolness, but that doesn’t explain how easy it is to get thick hits.

RustyOldNail

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying my second hand TinyMight. Easily the best of the half dozen convection portables I’ve purchased in the past 9 weeks (it got out of hand, yes). I like it at least as much as my current most used herb vape, the FW7. It’s just effortless to get tasty comfortable clouds.

So what’s the magic behind this thing? It’s just a big steel heater like every other convection portable. But the vapor is so fast and thick. There’s no technique needed. The cooling unit surely plays a part in vapor coolness, but that doesn’t explain how easy it is to get thick hits.

I believe you are right, it’s the HEATER, obviously not the same on most other devices, though I’m sure the source has been discovered, if not, then hacked. From user reports on the Taffi Bowle device and the results, seems that company has found a good heater.

SquirrelMaster

That's a good combo you have. The high surface area heater is very effective in the Tinymight which is why you can get fat hits so easily.

justcametomind

I hope you have better luck than I have with their customer support. I've been waiting since the end of November. I repair, including soldering, my remote control aircraft, but like you I don't feel comfortable opening the TM. Moreover, we have a warranty - shouldn't have to attempt to repair it ourselves.
I had better luck indeed, the first RMA request went out ignored for two weeks as much as the message on instagram. I made a second RMA request followed by a mail and they answered in a couple of days with a shipment label.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Before just buying my SkyRC MC3000 “advanced” charger, I used a 2-bay Xtar VP2, solid unit, only a 1 amp charge. However, I always recommend looking at Xtar before other brands in their category. The X4 you mentioned looks good, took a quick look, it can charge four bays at 1 amp, or two bays at 2 amps. Since I have plenty of batteries, and not in a hurry, I usually still charge at the slower 1-amp rate, better for long term battery health.

As far as batteries, I would stick with the Murata/Sony VTC6, you will get longer run time then the Samsung 25R, you don’t need high amps on this device, but the added time is welcome.

I have the Xtar X4, @AK47 AMI it works well. Pretty simple, the outerbays are 2/1A and the inner bays are 1/0.5A dependent on which bays are occupied. And yes it can act like a power bank, I think you need a battery in slot 4 and there is a USB port to plug in whatever you need

BrianTL,
Anyone have recent experience with the lead time on this? I ordered 10 days ago and the status says pending. The charge on my credit card said pending too until yesterday when it disappeared completely....maybe it was pending for too long...? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

nicholass817,

androponic

vaped.
Anyone have recent experience with the lead time on this? I ordered 10 days ago and the status says pending. The charge on my credit card said pending too until yesterday when it disappeared completely....maybe it was pending for too long...? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Shipping thread is here:

the mods need to keep this for the product discussion only and not shipping issues.
just a heads up.

androponic,

AK47 AMI

I have looked into the Xstar X4 and apparent some reviews state that it burst in to flames after a few uses! And it doesn't show grade... So I'll stay clear... The Xstar VC4L does show grade charging and is cheaper and supposed to be better?

AK47 AMI,
Shipping thread is here:

the mods need to keep this for the product discussion only and not shipping issues.
just a heads up.
Thank you for the redirect. I should have searched a little harder before posting.

nicholass817,
Reactions: androponic

RustyOldNail

I have looked into the Xstar X4 and apparent some reviews state that it burst in to flames after a few uses! And it doesn't show grade... So I'll stay clear... The Xstar VC4L does show grade charging and is cheaper and supposed to be better?

Never heard of an Xtar charger bursting in flames, most likely a user error.

If you haven’t owned or used lithium batteries, I suggest doing some basic research, as they can be dangerous if not handled properly. I decided to ditch inexpensive chargers and get deeper into learning all the real additional choices one has with a more advanced charger, not for beginners or those with no interest in self education, though not rocket science. Good luck, and be CAREFUL!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Several of the name brands, notably Nitecore and Xtar, have counterfeit versions of their products selling on the web. Same is true of many of the batteries themselves. Watch for discounted pricing that seems too good to be true, it likely is.
I would be very surprised if any of the name brand products were likely to fail spectacularly by catching on fire. It COULD happen, of course, but more than likely that kind of failure would come from a counterfeit.

I think I would put Efest also in the group of reliable charger vendors, tho I haven't used one.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
I got the XTAR VC2S from Fogstar, only 2 bays but that is fine for me, seems to be OK, I've been using it for ages.

Also, keep meaning to post this too, I broke my WPA so ordered another one but I knew it would take a while so I bought one of the Sneaky Pete master adapters and whilst it is by no means perfect, it does work very well with the long stem with no CU. You just have to hold the glass tight to the adapter. I got mine in the UK from here:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I got the XTAR VC2S from Fogstar, only 2 bays but that is fine for me, seems to be OK, I've been using it for ages.

Also, keep meaning to post this too, I broke my WPA so ordered another one but I knew it would take a while so I bought one of the Sneaky Pete master adapters and whilst it is by no means perfect, it does work very well with the long stem with no CU. You just have to hold the glass tight to the adapter. I got mine in the UK from here:

Delta3DStudios has one too which I’ve purchased and works well too. Don’t use it often but a great universal accessory to have if you don’t have dedicated WPAs.

BTW, the Tinymight is a DopeCannon(TM) every single time! :D I reach for it before my Hopper and few other vapes. It might be time to charge up the extra VTC6’s I bought a few months ago to augment my original 3 batts. The original ones are starting to lose their capacity 9+ months owning my TM (they’re rotated and used in order; all perform the same and all losing capacity about the same, which is to be expected over time, depending on usage and how they’re charged and stored, of course. All good but batt life lately has declined as expected). Cheers.:peace:

Djsleepy

well they are getting to old emails, this was a response to my 12/23/2020 email by a new name I have never seen.

hello, did you receive already a replacement, all good? Your address
in Texas? Just making sure all has been handled properly with repairs.

needless to say but i think this move they had really set them back but they are trying to rectify problems and possibly hiring more people!!!! I think CS will go up for 2021!

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
well they are getting to old emails, this was a response to my 12/23/2020 email by a new name I have never seen.

hello, did you receive already a replacement, all good? Your address
in Texas? Just making sure all has been handled properly with repairs.

needless to say but i think this move they had really set them back but they are trying to rectify problems and possibly hiring more people!!!! ithink CS will go up for 2021!
Was it ‘David’? We know about him. If someone else (excluding The Maker/Ville) then it’s someone new or additional to the ‘team’. Good update though and sounds like things are moving on their end. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Tweakz
Top Bottom