TinyMight / TM 2

Zisso

Have you disassembled your TM recently? People in the past have missed small things when reassembling, which caused poor performance.

Another thing to check is that your CU is clean, if you've not done that recently.

Lastly, how do you pack your bowl? Straw inhaling + knocking off excess with my finger always give me the best results.
I haven’t disassembled the TM but I did clean the CU and battery as suggested. I used the unit last night after doing the above and it seems to be working better. I think the battery contacts were the issue.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I replied to the order email as it says to do with any questions.....I’m anticipating slow response....it’s says in faq order is pending until charge ran so there’s hope????
Well someone said that he was able to modify the order, in my opinion, I was already charged for the TM, but he can send a paypal request for more funds.

m0sh,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I haven’t disassembled the TM but I did clean the CU and battery as suggested. I used the unit last night after doing the above and it seems to be working better. I think the battery contacts were the issue.
cleaned threads and battery cap?

dzoinp,

Djsleepy

Try emailing him. 😂
All jokes aside. I ordered my TM on 3/17. On 4/24 I emailed him asking if I could add a long stem to my order. This was the first email I ever sent him. He emailed me back that day. Two words....."Hi. Done." A little later I get an email from PayPal asking for the full payment (TM plus additional long stem). I paid. Got another email that order is complete. And it ahipped out a few days later.
The info@ tinymight email?

Djsleepy,

PossumMD

I'd be interested to know how you go, I get an improvement for like a bowl, maybe two.

PossumMD,

Zisso

cleaned threads and battery cap?
Exactly. There was a bit of oxidation on the battery cap but very minor. I’m not a heavy user so I don’t think the battery is failing.
It could be the heating coil just needs to be recalibrated after a few months of usage.

Zisso,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Hey Folks,

I’ve had my TM since early May and it’s been a great little device, however I’m noticing some heating issues.

It seems that my TM is no longer hitting as hard as it used to. I used to start at 3.5 - 5 and then crank it up to 6-7 and I’d get huge quick hits without any issues. Now I have to put it at 5-7 and pull slowly for a long time to get similar results.

I could be wrong but it’s almost as if the heater is dying on me.

Anyone seeing similar issues??
For what it's worth, I'm having the same issues too. Have cleaned contacts, it helps for about four bowls. And I'm microdosing. So, I'm not having huge bowls.
How tight is the stem when you slide it in? Have you tried loosening and re-tightening to make sure you have a good seal? How are your CU's o-rings?

This kind of reminds me of what sometimes happened to the Ghost MV1 if the heatsink wasn't properly assembled.
edit: It would create a bypass

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@bossman @BrianTL
When I finish a bowl with the Grav Labs stem it can be pretty warm for sure, much more so than cooling unit included stems but I haven't noticed that during the session. It's that amazing mouthpiece doing a bait and switch on me while it feels so good on my lips. I do notice slightly warmer vapour but it's not until I pull the stem out that it can feel pretty hot. I have 3 of the Grav stems so I do sometimes swap at that point or hold them in front of a fan to cool a little.

Yeah I agree, for the most part I dont feel it on my lips, but there were one or two instances I was doing a few back to back hits at high temp, definitely felt an uncomfortable burning on my lips lol. No big deal, just something to keep in mind for the future.

The mouthpiece itself is great. I actually have a Grav Bubbler with the same mouth piece from my combusting days, I'm looking forward to getting my WPA to run through that.

Sorry if we've already talked about it but did you spring for one of these yet? I was just pimping them at you in the Splinter thread.
View attachment 2173

The Tinymight is very good for flavor and even better with a j-hook instead of the stainless steel cooling unit.

What are those, Oregon Glass Blower pieces?

Try emailing him. 😂
All jokes aside. I ordered my TM on 3/17. On 4/24 I emailed him asking if I could add a long stem to my order. This was the first email I ever sent him. He emailed me back that day. Two words....."Hi. Done." A little later I get an email from PayPal asking for the full payment (TM plus additional long stem). I paid. Got another email that order is complete. And it ahipped out a few days later.

I emailed him yesterday I think, maybe the day before... trying to add some stuff onto my WPA order that was supposed to ship with my TM but was out of stock. Got the auto response to expect a delay, we'll see when he gets back to me. Nothing yet!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That right angle dimpled one kinda appeals to me. What do those run from OGB, around $50?

cybrguy,
Reactions: BrianTL

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
As labpong pointed out it could be indicative of a more serious issue, only the manufacturer can say anything with more certainty. I'd send off a email now and ask for advice since it will take time for a reply and no reason you can't keep trying things in the meantime.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Has anyone been able to get in contact with the maker of the TM? Mine fell about 2 1/2 feet and fucked it up. Bunch of rattling on the inside and bent the heater coils. Kinda broke it all down and something holding the heater (ceramic pins) must of got loose, but now I just got to put it back together. Wondering if anyone has done this before with the heater? I've been trying to email the dude and wanted to just send it back for fixing or getting a new heater but can't get any word from him.

Also anyone else find it pretty convenient for the maker of the TM to use the covid as an excuse as to why there will be delays in the reply time? Dude needs to quit being cheap and just hire someone for the customer service.
I feel for you, this is one of my fears. . . .Really makes me think about ordering a backup.
Did you reply to your order email? If int, do that and maybe include a "Help, Urgent, warranty claim" or something like that in the subject line.

Last thing - I don't think there is anything 'convenient' about covid, and I try to not make any assumptions about another person's experience halfway across the world, esp. in this age of covid.

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

I've been cleaning the contacts on the PCB, where seats with the bottom plate and the earth strap thing on the top plate as well as the threads with iso. I get the usual grey cotton swab from all of these.

I usually do this once a week and it feels like (I could be wrong) the vibration gets stronger from increased current flow after putting it back together.

I'm not saying anybody else needs to do this, but it could be worth a try.

MedicinalMonkeyWrench,
Reactions: Vaporware

Zisso

I'd be interested to know how you go, I get an improvement for like a bowl, maybe two.
As labpong pointed out it could be indicative of a more serious issue, only the manufacturer can say anything with more certainty. I'd send off a email now and ask for advice since it will take time for a reply and no reason you can't keep trying things in the meantime.
I’ve sent an email last night. Let the wait begin...

Zisso,

SquirrelMaster

I've been cleaning the contacts on the PCB, where seats with the bottom plate and the earth strap thing on the top plate as well as the threads with iso. I get the usual grey cotton swab from all of these.

I usually do this once a week and it feels like (I could be wrong) the vibration gets stronger from increased current flow after putting it back together.

I'm not saying anybody else needs to do this, but it could be worth a try.

Strange, I've only noticed build up on the negative terminal of my cells where it's directly touching the aluminum cap.

ATTENTION USERS WITH REDUCED HEAT ISSUES!

Sorry for yelling, see how that got your attention though :D . If anyone is having REDUCED heat output try cleaning the negative terminal of the cell (faces up when seated in the device) as well as the aluminum screw in battery cover where it touches the cell. If possible try using the device directly before and after cleaning to see if there's a change.

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but a good way to clean the battery cap is pressing and turning it against some blank white paper. An eraser works well also and is what I prefer for the battery itself. Clean until there is nothing coming off.

I'm no expert, but after refreshing myself on oxidized aluminium and how it impedes electrical conductivity I'm inclined to think this could be a big factor in gradual reduced heat output.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but a good way to clean the battery cap is pressing and turning it against some blank white paper. An eraser works well also and is what I prefer for the battery itself. Clean until there is nothing coming off.
Blu-Tac works too. Use it on my Grasshopper. Back to work... :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That right angle dimpled one kinda appeals to me. What do those run from OGB, around $50?

Yeah I think bossman's larger customs were $55 while my smaller customs were $45 so it depends on the size and intricacy of the custom piece from OGB... + Shipping

IMG-20200830-220007.jpg

On demand convection and on demand conduction make a great pair btw :tup:

PossumMD

Look, I've done all the things listed in this thread, tighten the oring where the stem goes in, clean the CU, clean the battery contacts every time I change the battery, does sweet fa. I want some sort of support from the manufacturer and I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take. I'd sell it if I didn't think I was selling a lemon.

PossumMD,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@PossumMD ,
How much do you sell 1 kilo of lemons for?:rofl:
Now seriously ... 5 tips
- what batteries are you using? I saw one of your first posts that worked well with the full battery ...
- do you fully screw the battery cap?
- try to loosen the bottom screw just a little and, holding the aluminum strips, turn them slightly from side to side to rub the contacts and tighten the screw again.
- The pot may also be dirty ... with a small screwdriver, rotate the dial from minimum to maximum several times

ezpz

The info@ tinymight email?
I replied to my order email.
At that time, my order was pending but because it was after a month, PayPal cancelled the transaction. This was common. I actually waited until paypal cancelled the transaction to add to my order. That's why I had to pay for TM and additional order at the same time.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Look, I've done all the things listed in this thread, tighten the oring where the stem goes in, clean the CU, clean the battery contacts every time I change the battery, does sweet fa. I want some sort of support from the manufacturer and I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take. I'd sell it if I didn't think I was selling a lemon.

Not unreasonable to expect support from any manufacturer at all. Everybody knows that it could take a while, so just trying to come up with some alternatives for you to try in the mean time. It might be more of a pain, but if any of it works, fiddling with a few suggestions is lot less of a headache than trying to communicate with TM and coordinate a repair. Of course in perfect world, TM would have already responded to you and worked out a plan... but that isnt the case unfortunately.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Dang, this thread is FLYING!
Okay, here are my first impressions (good and bad) in case anyone is interested:
- I may still be on honeymoon, but it really does pack a punch - even on honeymoon, most of my vapes never hit me this hard. Good stuff.

- The flavor is above average on lower temps (3-5), but like most vapes, quickly goes to meh and eventually yuk. The flavor is not terrible overall, but there is a reason no one discusses it much.

- I noticed a slight off taste for first two hits, since then it has very neutral. Luckily, I have noticed no smell from wood (I was nervous about this b/c I am sensitive to smells)

-Speaking of wood, I was expecting the wood to be more “bumpy”, not sure why. But it’s pretty smooth. I have seen better looking wood, but it is nice enough.

- It fits beautifully in the hand - in the thumb valley (what is that called? There are probably good names for it outside of English language, but can‘t think of what it is in English)
The fire button is perfectly placed - loving the form factor. I like the weight of it too - feels very balanced in my hand.

- Gotta say the numbers on the dial are so tiny! I am getting used to just knowing, but for anyone over the age of 40, it is a bit of a squint.

- The batteries don’t last as long as I thought they would - not terrible but, I am surprised at how quickly they run out. I have mostly used on demand, and I think the battery is drained with the flashing light. I need to remember to turn it off. And I also need to do some testing to see how many hits I can get on average - will follow up on that at some point.
(Using brand new Murata VTC6)

- Speaking of battery life - if you notice it isn‘t responding to you pressing button sequence to turn it on, chances are the battery needs to be changed.

- I like the long stem with cooling unit the best so far, but I really, really wish it had a tapered end for mouthpiece.

- The Grav Upline stem is a good compromise, love the tapered mouthpiece, but doesn’t cool quite as much (but close). Plus, I hate that I can’t stand it up on table when reloading. But, it is definitely a good alternative.

- That’s all for now. Many, many, many thanks to the unofficial ambassadors of this thread - your help/advice/testing/patience has been invaluable. I would thank you individually but I know I will leave someone out - so instead a blanket THANK YOU!

- I have zero vapes on my wish list right now. For the moment, my VAS is quelled. (Keyword: moment)

PossumMD

I use the vtc6 it came with and molicell 26as.
Fully screw the battery door.
Can't loosen the bottom screw as I don't have the right bit.
Have twisted the pot a bunch.

So, did all that, had a bowl. Still crap performance.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Jill NYC – I wouldn't consider myself a flavor snob, but I actually *love* the flavor profiles the TM is able to beam on my tastebuds. :-) And I'm running it from 5-8 mostly... But that stuff is super subjective. As @bossman suggests, using it with some pure glass path might upgrade the flavor a bit.

I'm surprised to see you being unsatisfied with battery life – I have tested the standby drain a bit and don't think that's the issue here, it doesn't use much current.

Anyway, happy to see you being happy with the TM! :-)

Top Bottom