TinyMight / TM 2

Durbandream

I agree with shit snacks, hence my preference for j/u-hooks. Balls get messy fast, so you'll be cleaning often. My j-hook I can literally blast with hot water and it's nearly fully clean, because the resin largely collects in a single spot, the first bend.

However, for a cheaper option, you could upgrade your stock stem with a tip and balls, and you'll have to muck around with screens.

I like pills for cooling better than balls.
I'll probably mess with the stock stem first, I don't actually need additional cooling since it's pretty easy to cool just with tamping and draw speed but I did want to see if the other stems or methods would retain flavor a bit better.

How do you load the balls into the stem? Replace the CU completely or put them inside of the CU?

Durbandream,

Kaptan

Has anyone tried one of these stems? I don’t think I’ve seen these before?

popitup

gangababa

How do you load the balls into the stem? Replace the CU completely or put them inside of the CU?
As @popitup said, options vary; and so do opinions. I have this setup with a Grav Labs OctoTaster stem, using the glass screen end as the mouthpiece. I have a TM rimmed basket screen basket serving as herb-bowl and ball-retainer.
20231023-113926-0.jpg

With a glass mouthpiece replacing the screen and using the glass-screen-bowl-end for bud, one would have an all glass vapor-path.

Beansuppa

For those with the LabetKomp sleeves, do you find the button harder to press with the leather surrounding it? I'm thinking of ordering one but I'm torn between getting the short sleeve or going full sleeve w/ straps. I love the look of the straps but I wanna check if the leather that surrounds the button makes it more difficult to press (I'm really liking on-demand mode on this thing).

I'm also concerned about the leather acting like an insulator and making the unit more hot, is that an issue in real life use or am I just overthinking it?

Beansuppa,
Reactions: mixchu69

Durbandream

If you go back enough in this thread, you'll see a few examples. You can use the two halves of the cooling unit, or your can use basket screens. There might be other solutions as well.

Something like this

That first one might be worth trying, is it still easy to move the CU up and down? I already have no problem with cooling up to temp 6.5, so it's mainly 7 and above through the stock stem that I'd like to be able to get hits that don't make me feel like coughing at all. Tamping gets me like 75% of the way there so hopefully the balls could handle the rest or is that asking too much?

Durbandream,

popitup

These are just examples, you'll need to experiment with the materials you have and see what works for you. Some users put balls in the CU, some don't use the CUs at all and just baskets to keep balls in the stem.

If you're trying to go that hot though, consider a WPA and a [water] pipe, or a j-hook.

popitup,
Reactions: myla

Durbandream

These are just examples, you'll need to experiment with the materials you have and see what works for you. Some users put balls in the CU, some don't use the CUs at all and just baskets to keep balls in the stem.

If you're trying to go that hot though, consider a WPA and a [water] pipe, or a j-hook.
I'd rather keep the CU in, it's the easiest way I've found to adjust bowl size on the fly. I already have a WPA and a 4.5" recycler so I guess I'll just stick with that for high temps since the other options sound like sort of a hassle for only a small improvement.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'd rather keep the CU in, it's the easiest way I've found to adjust bowl size on the fly.

Me too!

LOOK at the links below, another way to add some cooling and still have bowl adjustability.
All you need are SOME BALLS! :)

Beansuppa

Guys, I think I'm in love. I've had a bit over 24 hours with this thing so obviously still very much in the honeymoon phase, but man. This thing just feels right to me, like how I was hoping the Tempest would feel. I didn't quite as nice of a wood grain as I've seen on some other folks', but I think mine has enough variation to be interesting at the least.

But as for use, I didn't realize how much I wanted a legit on demand device that could also do sessions at a moments notice...while also being able to be gentle at the lower temps and be a beast at the high end. This thing gives me that.

Today while cleaning I loaded my stem up and every so often I'd come in, turn the dial up .5 or so and take a nice puff, put it back down, and continue on. This current stem's cooling blows and I'm still waiting on my HA and GVB stems, so I kept the temps to around 5, 5.5, then 6-7. After the third pull, a quick dump into the Reload, and a straw repack later I can be taking another puff in about 20s or so. Using it just feels so natural for me.

I legit cannot wait for all my stems and my tinymigh.t_bowl WPA to come in so I can REALLY push it.

Petetbay

Has anyone tried one of these stems? I don’t think I’ve seen these before?
Nice to see 420edc selling Tinymights and accessories, I have a couple of their Rocket stems (14mm joint and V3Pro/Starry) though they didn’t have the curved tube option then, I like them a lot. I would rather not have the carb hole as I find it unneccessary, but no big deal to cover it with a silicone band. Nice to see they also offer a cap friendly option.
My glass screen stems are what I use for caps. Sneaky Pete offers a beaded Rocket stem with a glass screen, no carb hole and only straight tube mp. The Rocket stems offer maximum cooling and I what I like using when vaping hash in caps. When I’m vaping herb below 4 I tend to use stems with little less cooling. 420edc is offering boro glass and ruby versions, I kind of think the ruby version is overkill and expensive, but that’s me if you’re only buying one rubies do work better and stuff is always on sale there.:2c:

RustyOldNail

I'd rather keep the CU in, it's the easiest way I've found to adjust bowl size on the fly.

Another TIP for you, in link below…..

RustyOldNail,

Durbandream

Me too!

LOOK at the links below, another way to add some cooling and still have bowl adjustability.
All you need are SOME BALLS! :)

I did some test sessions and it turns out I don't need any additional cooling above 6.5 and after that I can just use the WPA or dosing capsules, so I'm all set. Thanks for all the suggestions!

budski

cantre member
"23 going out on a sour note, my disappointment is thick and sticky! After a couple weeks of only working with a fully charged battery and only the initial heatup, now no heat at all no matter what I do, swap fresh batt, plugged in it acts like it starts normally but hit the temp vibration instantly with no heat. I've opened it up and cleaned all contact points and still the same. .(bought mid Oct)
Desire for the purple heart version just went away and now I'm really bummed I sold the firefly. I've got a nice GVB marble stem w/ green gummie bear for sale.:disgust:
update; POTV:bowdown: approved a replacement so guess I can start the new year with some hope

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"23 going out on a sour note, my disappointment is thick and sticky! After a couple weeks of only working with a fully charged battery and only the initial heatup, now no heat at all no matter what I do, swap fresh batt, plugged in it acts like it starts normally but hit the temp vibration instantly with no heat. I've opened it up and cleaned all contact points and still the same. .(bought mid Oct)
Desire for the purple heart version just went away and now I'm really bummed I sold the firefly. I've got a nice GVB marble stem w/ green gummie bear for sale:disgust:
Strong case here for having backup vapes!
Why not just get this one repaired? I mean, don't you have a 10 yr warranty?
Pick up a $50 V3 Nano or something to get you through...

RustyOldNail

Nice to see 420edc selling Tinymights and accessories, I have a couple of their Rocket stems (14mm joint and V3Pro/Starry) though they didn’t have the curved tube option then, I like them a lot. I would rather not have the carb hole as I find it unneccessary, but no big deal to cover it with a silicone band. Nice to see they also offer a cap friendly option.
My glass screen stems are what I use for caps. Sneaky Pete offers a beaded Rocket stem with a glass screen, no carb hole and only straight tube mp. The Rocket stems offer maximum cooling and I what I like using when vaping hash in caps. When I’m vaping herb below 4 I tend to use stems with little less cooling. 420edc is offering boro glass and ruby versions, I kind of think the ruby version is overkill and expensive, but that’s me if you’re only buying one rubies do work better and stuff is always on sale there.:2c:

I would buy one of these, but WITHOUT a needless “carb hole”, just to use with TM2 & my titanium Mighty/Venty capsules.

@420edc Hoping you eventually offer these without carb hole?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My rocket stem arrived the other day. It does a good job at cooling. Not as cool as using an angled jhook, but I do think it does better than my other beaded stem. It is pretty large for a stem so you won't be putting it in your pocket. I'm happy I bought it, and it will find its place in my rotation.

Happy New Year everyone! Vapes if you got 'em.

AndyO

My rocket stem arrived the other day. It does a good job at cooling. Not as cool as using an angled jhook, but I do think it does better than my other beaded stem. It is pretty large for a stem so you won't be putting it in your pocket. I'm happy I bought it, and it will find its place in my rotation.

Happy New Year everyone! Vapes if you got 'em.

One of those well-timed posts!

I'd been looking at all these new beaded mouthpieces wondering whether anything had yet topped the rocket stem (which I use probably 80% of the time, and I use a mini-bubbler probably 20% of the time) - glad to hear that I don't need to buy any of the new mouthpieces just yet.

Necroticism

My experience with customer support after a faulty TM

I purchased a Tinymight "1.5" on march 2022 and it performed great until early november 2023. After a quick email exchange and some weeks of DYI work to try to fix it, the results were very inconsistent. It would produce heat for ~5 seconds and then no more heat. They assumed the board shorted and asked to send it for repairs. I sent the unit on late november and after reviewing, they told me that a new Tinymight 2 would arrive soon.

And it did. And with accessories. And with a Molicel battery.

Obviously pleased with how the customer support handled things so here's my experience.

Top Bottom