TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The TM2 has great flavor for the first hit in my experience but after that it's a pretty standard vape taste, I find the Air Max a lot more consistent throughout a session flavorwise. Do the aftermarket stems affect the flavor after the first hit?

Depends how you use it, as I've said many times, using how I do starting low and turning up tiny tiny bit by bit for each hit milks the flavor and the vapor for many hits, then yes it is even better with my aftermarket stems

Durbandream

Depends how you use it, as I've said many times, using how I do starting low and turning up tiny tiny bit by bit for each hit milks the flavor and the vapor for many hits, then yes it is even better with my aftermarket stems
I know this method but I'm looking for something a little less tedious since I'm not a fan of fiddling with the temp wheel. If I were to set it to say 4 and leave it there would the flavor last beyond the first hit with one of the aftermarket stems or is temp stepping the only way?

To be clear, my personal preference is the aluminum Storz & Bickel ones. I don't like the SS ones because they take longer to heat up, and earlier versions use threads that can get filled with resin/reclaim. I cannot speak to the titanium ones. Don't use the gold ones, I heard they can be toxic. The glass one looks interesting, though I haven't been able to grab one.

I'll get back to you on the stem configurations.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I'll try those and the titanium ones.

Durbandream,

sadf

I know this method but I'm looking for something a little less tedious since I'm not a fan of fiddling with the temp wheel. If I were to set it to say 4 and leave it there would the flavor last beyond the first hit with one of the aftermarket stems or is temp stepping the only way?

Something like the Air Max is more consistent because it has a relatively weak heat exchanger that can’t dump nearly as much energy into the airstream as a TM2. If you want to be able to take multiple pulls on a TM2 while retaining flavour you’ll have to either start low and step up or only take short puffs if you want to run at a single setting that’s high enough to finish a bowl.

Durbandream

Something like the Air Max is more consistent because it has a relatively weak heat exchanger that can’t dump nearly as much energy into the airstream as a TM2. If you want to be able to take multiple pulls on a TM2 while retaining flavour you’ll have to either start low and step up or only take short puffs if you want to run at a single setting that’s high enough to finish a bowl.
That's what I expected. I just used the Air Max again a few minutes ago and it seems more sensible to just keep that as the sipper since it does the job so well and it's a distinctly different high but I'll check out some of the aftermarket stems for better flavor on the TM2.

sadf

Purple heart TM2 Improved button
New SS liner (probably instead of the glass cylinders ?)
New beaded stem

Is the improved button actually new or just a reference to the latest revision black PCB with orange charge light that's already in use?
Is the new SS liner just the user-replaceable liner or both?
Are those improvements and the new stem going to become standard for all TM2 units moving forward or is this a segregated product?

I see they already have a picture of the new device on the official page, but no information. Already on the fence about a recently acquired TM2, seeing a new revision which ostensibly corrects three of the biggest issues with the device isn't leaving me feeling particularly stoked.

popitup

Already on the fence about a recently acquired TM2, seeing a new revision which ostensibly corrects three of the biggest issues with the device isn't leaving me feeling particularly stoked.
Why are you on the fence though? Because the newest model made improvements?

My button on my TM2 broke, and it vgoodiez had it back to me in 1 week exactly. I have after market stems and do I even need the SS liner, or is that just nice to have?

BTW, durbandream, I tried the stock stem with an S&B capsule, and I did lose flavor faster that I was expecting coming from my after-market stem. That being said, the test was on the last session of my battery, and I think I should be more methodical in my approach to testing, given what ShitSnacks has said. When I have time, I plan on redoing the test in session mode, on a slightly lower temperature and trying to time flavor loss.

Durbandream

BTW, durbandream, I tried the stock stem with an S&B capsule, and I did lose flavor faster that I was expecting coming from my after-market stem. That being said, the test was on the last session of my battery, and I think I should be more methodical in my approach to testing, given what ShitSnacks has said. When I have time, I plan on redoing the test in session mode, on a slightly lower temperature and trying to time flavor loss.

Nice, thank you! I feel like the flavor lasts a little longer with the upline taster using dosing capsules and I wonder if part of the reason is the larger volume of hot air that passes through the stock stem since it's stockier with the wide mouthpiece. It could be that it's just cooking it faster, since one thing I noticed is the first hit usually seems stronger and more intense with the stock stem. And the clouds are bigger but it's harder to control where you stop which is another reason why I'm interested in an aftermarket.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I don't find leaving it at one setting effective really, I know a lot of people use it that way, but it kind of leaves me scratching my head lol I don't mind the ritual of turning the dial after each hit to get ready for the next one, but to each their own of course... My method seems to milk flavor well and yield strong effects, relatively thick clouds with great vapor quality

Nice, thank you! I feel like the flavor lasts a little longer with the upline taster using dosing capsules and I wonder if part of the reason is the larger volume of hot air that passes through the stock stem since it's stockier with the wide mouthpiece. It could be that it's just cooking it faster, since one thing I noticed is the first hit usually seems stronger and more intense with the stock stem. And the clouds are bigger but it's harder to control where you stop which is another reason why I'm interested in an aftermarket.

Yeah it's definitely different with different stems, there are a lot of variables in the bowls and pathways and flow depending on the stem... I have such a variety that work differently, but I really settled in with my GVB variants (u hook stem or WPA through hooks, Rogue and PyroHighTech too) cheapest option would be maybe a Rogue WPA with Genesis Glass hook (much cheaper than OGB option and others)

Durbandream

Yeah I don't find leaving it at one setting effective really, I know a lot of people use it that way, but it kind of leaves me scratching my head lol I don't mind the ritual of turning the dial after each hit to get ready for the next one, but to each their own of course... My method seems to milk flavor well and yield strong effects, relatively thick clouds with great vapor quality

Yeah it's definitely different with different stems, there are a lot of variables in the bowls and pathways and flow depending on the stem... I have such a variety that work differently, but I really settled in with my GVB variants (u hook stem or WPA through hooks, Rogue and PyroHighTech too) cheapest option would be maybe a Rogue WPA with Genesis Glass hook (much cheaper than OGB option and others)
I experimented a little more with temp stepping, it yields very good results but not enough to switch from my current method since I realized I much prefer using the TM2 as a 2-3 hitter, either with unground herb or dosing capsules. The first hit is very powerful and flavorful this way and the rest is pretty good, too. The hits are also surprisingly cool and I don't want to be breathing in more hot air than necessary per session so since it's incredibly efficient it feels like the most natural and enjoyable way to use it for me.

It also really helps to have the Air Max since what was a burden before, the inefficient oven, is now a benefit because it draws out the extraction for a long time without killing the battery, so if I want a relaxed session of flavor chasing or getting a stonier high I'd much rather use that device since the vapor is a lot cooler and the battery lasts much longer which makes it feels just like puffing on an electronic joint where the TM2 is like the perfect electronic bong.

How much of an improvement over the stock are the HA stems? I like the look of them but they're so expensive.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I think of TM more like a pipe than a bong though, but certainly not a joint!

How much of an improvement over the stock are the HA stems? I like the look of them but they're so expensive

I have an early HA stem that I don't really enjoy, does not cool much, airflow too wide open for me, but he makes them nicer now it seems... GVB is what I am a big fan of, and OGB, but like I said, Rogue would be your best bet on the budget (but the hook from GG china is better than a regular hook)

Durbandream

I think of TM more like a pipe than a bong though, but certainly not a joint!

I have an early HA stem that I don't really enjoy, does not cool much, airflow too wide open for me, but he makes them nicer now it seems... GVB is what I am a big fan of, and OGB, but like I said, Rogue would be your best bet on the budget (but the hook from GG china is better than a regular hook)
You're right, it really is more like a pipe than a bong.

I'll check out GVB, I love TRRW's butane vapes so I'll definitely check him out, too

Sto.Oned

You should remove the CU, it has orings that you should not put in the isopropyl alcohol.

You can press it out of the glass using the poker, or a chopstick.

An easy container to use for soaking is a mug or sandwich bag.
So do you mean that the alcohol in this sandwich bag will not destroy the plastic and will not let it remain on the cu after cleaning it?

Sto.Oned,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
So do you mean that the alcohol in this sandwich bag will not destroy the plastic and will not let it remain on the cu after cleaning it?
It won't eat thru the sandwich bag.
Personally i find that alcohol cleans much better when hot so i always heat up a pot of water and drop the alcohol-baggie in there (always turn the fire off first oc) and let it soak for a few minutes while shaking it now and then.

After the alcohol bath i allways rinse the parts in (very) hot tap water and let them dry out or use kitchen paper. Cleaning stem/CU this way is really fast and requires little to no effort. I never need cotton swabs or brushes or any tools really.

Is the improved button actually new or just a reference to the latest revision black PCB with orange charge light that's already in use?
Is the new SS liner just the user-replaceable liner or both?
Are those improvements and the new stem going to become standard for all TM2 units moving forward or is this a segregated product?

I think the latest version with the black PCB already uses the improved button tbh. I notice a significant difference with my older TM2 (button seems more protruded, more sturdy and doesn't rattle around at all.)
I think they refer to the user replaceable liner.

see they already have a picture of the new device on the official page, but no information. Already on the fence about a recently acquired TM2, seeing a new revision which ostensibly corrects three of the biggest issues with the device isn't leaving me feeling particularly stoked.

Also bought one recently but personally i am kinda stoked about the improvements, it's cool they keep upgrading imo. The stem and the liner can be bought/installed afterwards i guess?
And for the button: even if mine doesn't have the upgraded version yet, if it breaks down now at least i know they have a more durable way to fix it... :tup:

What's more: seeing the new beaded stem replacing the CU, the more durable SS liner instead of the (breakable) glass, the new wood choice and the improved button means they are actually listening and reacting to their customers' questions/gripes...
They are giving us what we want!
Kinda cool, no?

Last edited:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I can't help but wonder if the different methods used with the TM2 aren't only a result of its tremendous flexibility and end user preferences, but also the type and availability of the flower. (?)

In my case, I typically do a 2-3 hit extraction at mid temp since I micro dose and often don't have the time or inclination to sesh longer. But I also grow my own and have way more than enough high quality flower available nearly all the time. Because of this, I rarely feel the need to fully extract and focus on the first few, more flavorful hits.

Just thinking out loud I guess... :sherlock: but variety is the spice of life, or so they say.

Durbandream

I can't help but wonder if the different methods used with the TM2 aren't only a result of its tremendous flexibility and end user preferences, but also the type and availability of the flower. (?)

In my case, I typically do a 2-3 hit extraction at mid temp since I micro dose and often don't have the time or inclination to sesh longer. But I also grow my own and have way more than enough high quality flower available nearly all the time. Because of this, I rarely feel the need to fully extract and focus on the first few, more flavorful hits.

Just thinking out loud I guess... :sherlock: but variety is the spice of life, or so they say.
I was also thinking about this. I live down the street from a dispensary in CA so there's easy access to pretty good flower and a little goes a long way, microdosing 2-3 hitters is more than enough for strong, long-lasting effects. It's also one of the reasons I love the TM2, it stretches your supply like crazy. For the first time I'm actually stocking up on weed.

popitup

Durbandream, this time, Super Boof was on the menu, pretty resinous flower.

Test methodology

Used a BCG with medium grind, then scoped a full aluminum S&B capsule out of the grinder, brushing off excess without tamp, and covering. This gets dropped into the TM2 with the cap right-side up (my personal experience is that this is better in both TM2 and Mighty+). The stem is inserted on top of this capsule.

From a cold start, with a full battery, the TM2 is set to 3.5 and started in session mode, temp step as necessary. After the buzz for ready, wait 3 seconds for heat soak, and take a medium strength pull for 10 seconds. 3-5 seconds between hits.

I was going to be more inclusive, but honestly this was enough for me personally to reinforce I don't like the stock stem, and it mutes the flavor compared to my all glass stems. I also compared with the upline taster because you have this stem. I personally don't like using this because it dries me out too fast and is harsh on my throat at higher temps.

Rocket stem

pull 1: All flavor, no vapor
pull 2: Light vapor, some flavor
pull 3: All the vapor and flavor
pull 4: Starting to lose vapor and flavor
[temp stepped to 4.5]
pull 5: Flavor and vapor
pull 6: Flavor and vapor
[temp stepped to 6.5]
pull 7: Tasty and vapor
pull 8: getting less tasty, not worth it for me.

Stock stem

pull 1: Light flavor, no vapor
pull 2: Light vapor, some flavor (muted)
pull 3: All the vapor and flavor (muted)
[temp stepped to 4.5]
pull 5: Light flavor and vapor
[switched to rocket stem]
pull 7: Flavor and vapor
[temp stepped to 6.5]
pull 8: Tasty and vapor
pull 9: getting less tasty, not worth it for me.

Upline taster stem

pull 4: All the vapor and some flavor
pull 5: Light vapor and flavor
pull 6: Starting to lose vapor and flavor
[temp stepped to 4.5]
pull 8: Light flavor and vapor
[temp stepped to 6.5]
pull 9: Flavor and vapor
pull 10: getting less tasty, not worth it for me.

kiddvudu2

PXL-20231228-203656620-MP.jpg

Since receiving this beauty on December 2nd I've been absolutely loving it! It's only taken me this long to show a pic of it b/c I keep forgetting to snap one after I clean it, lol. Anyway, it's from @RogueGuy (thanks buddy!), and it managed to knock my previous favorite out of a very solid first place. I had been using the Azzwoods Customs stem with Revolve Gen 2 intercooler as my primary stem (pictured just below), but it has since moved to 2nd place - still a great option though!

Also in rotation are a couple HA pearl stems, a GVB beaded/bent stem, and a TRWW WPA for the dry bubbler experience. All 3 TM stock stems have been in the drawer, even the one that I filled with beads.

I'm blown away by how much cooling this new one provides. It is longer than all my other ones are, but only by about a 1/2 inch. I just love how easy it is to clean and how awesome it delivers. I would recommend 💯%!!!

Peese!

Durbandream

Durbandream, this time, Super Boof was on the menu, pretty resinous flower.

Test methodology

Used a BCG with medium grind, then scoped a full aluminum S&B capsule out of the grinder, brushing off excess without tamp, and covering. This gets dropped into the TM2 with the cap right-side up (my personal experience is that this is better in both TM2 and Mighty+). The stem is inserted on top of this capsule.

From a cold start, with a full battery, the TM2 is set to 3.5 and started in session mode, temp step as necessary. After the buzz for ready, wait 3 seconds for heat soak, and take a medium strength pull for 10 seconds. 3-5 seconds between hits.

I was going to be more inclusive, but honestly this was enough for me personally to reinforce I don't like the stock stem, and it mutes the flavor compared to my all glass stems. I also compared with the upline taster because you have this stem. I personally don't like using this because it dries me out too fast and is harsh on my throat at higher temps.

Rocket stem

[temp stepped to 4.5]
pull 5: Flavor and vapor
[temp stepped to 6.5]
pull 7: Tasty and vapor
pull 8: getting less tasty, not worth it for me.

Stock stem

pull 1: Light flavor, no vapor
pull 2: Light vapor, some flavor (muted)
pull 3: All the vapor and flavor (muted)
[temp stepped to 4.5]
pull 5: Light flavor and vapor
[switched to rocket stem]
[temp stepped to 6.5]
pull 8: Tasty and vapor
pull 9: getting less tasty, not worth it for me.

Upline taster stem

pull 4: All the vapor and some flavor
pull 5: Light vapor and flavor
pull 6: Starting to lose vapor and flavor
[temp stepped to 4.5]
pull 8: Light flavor and vapor
[temp stepped to 6.5]
pull 9: Flavor and vapor
pull 10: getting less tasty, not worth it for me.
Wow, that's incredibly thorough, thank you so much! Your experience is close to mine, the upline taster tastes a little better than the stock stem but it dries out quickly. I tried low temps with the stock stem but I never got good results until I started on 4.5-5, then I could get cool, full flavored hits on the first pull but I'd still like more flavor and a bit more of a relaxed experience when I don't feel like a quick hit. The Rocket Stem would be your recommendation?

Durbandream,

popitup

I'm not necessarily endorsing the rocket stem, but I wanted to through another cheap popular stem into the mix.

Stems depend on a lot of factors. My use of the TM2 is 99.999% desktop usage, so all glass large/complex stems aren't an issue for me. My personal preference for going dry is either a unique GVB/TRWW, or a j-hook/u-hook. See the end of page 877 for my current favorite dry stem, when not using a j-hook.

I mostly prefer using the TM2 at level 5 with a WPA and ripping it in 2-3 hits through a recycler.

Regarding j-hooks, shout out to JoDa for his e-nano XL WPA that also works as a TM2 stem, I use his WPA with my 14mm j-hook.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I do it because I enjoy it, I have no need to fully extract something, if it's not going to taste good or be a nice hit? But I also like to think I'm like finished haha so it's walking a line and the TM allows me to do that wonderfully with the full dial range and on demand through the various glass pieces... Absolutely how you are loading, how you prepare the material, aside from the material itself are a huge variables! I wish I was growing my own to just get fresh moist nugs to enjoy better flavor, need to find a better source too since it's always hit or miss on my herbs these days in Cali

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Having a little extra time around the holidays, I was able to take a multi hour trip and try some distant dispensaries that have been highly recommended. The flower that I was able to obtain is at a different level from top shelf I've been used to. I thank the weed gods. :bowdown:

In order to enjoy the new flavors in my buds, I've been starting each session by leaving my TM2 set on 3 and letting off the button as soon as, or a second after it vibrates, then just drawing in that flavor that exists in the herb. Only after doing this a few times do I start taking regular hits, which produce great vapor, but so begins the conversion to that roasty flavor. IMO this is inevitable, no matter what vape you use. I like holding it off as much as possible by leaving it set on 3. Running these almost dry hits is like puffing on a joint before you light it, only with a little extra heat to help the volatile terps out. The flavor has been amazing and adds to the enjoyment of the session.

Plus, I think my rocket stem arrives tomorrow. :clap:

Durbandream

I'm not necessarily endorsing the rocket stem, but I wanted to through another cheap popular stem into the mix.

Stems depend on a lot of factors. My use of the TM2 is 99.999% desktop usage, so all glass large/complex stems aren't an issue for me. My personal preference for going dry is either a unique GVB/TRWW, or a j-hook/u-hook. See the end of page 877 for my current favorite dry stem, when not using a j-hook.

I mostly prefer using the TM2 at level 5 with a WPA and ripping it in 2-3 hits through a recycler.

Regarding j-hooks, shout out to JoDa for his e-nano XL WPA that also works as a TM2 stem, I use his WPA with my 14mm j-hook.

I actually do have a 4.5" recycler that I use with the WPA and it works pretty well dry and with water so if that's a good setup already I'll just stick with that and use the stock one on the go. Would you say the stems with balls are worth getting at all?

Having a little extra time around the holidays, I was able to take a multi hour trip and try some distant dispensaries that have been highly recommended. The flower that I was able to obtain is at a different level from top shelf I've been used to. I thank the weed gods. :bowdown:

In order to enjoy the new flavors in my buds, I've been starting each session by leaving my TM2 set on 3 and letting off the button as soon as, or a second after it vibrates, then just drawing in that flavor that exists in the herb. Only after doing this a few times do I start taking regular hits, which produce great vapor, but so begins the conversion to that roasty flavor. IMO this is inevitable, no matter what vape you use. I like holding it off as much as possible by leaving it set on 3. Running these almost dry hits is like puffing on a joint before you light it, only with a little extra heat to help the volatile terps out. The flavor has been amazing and adds to the enjoyment of the session.

Plus, I think my rocket stem arrives tomorrow. :clap:
If you're using the stock stem try pushing the CU down until there's only a little space, break off little pieces from a nug and fit them into the bowl, use the tamper to tamp it down carefully (you can check if the tamp is right by sucking on the other end, when you feel a slight draw resistance it's good and the air will be cooler) then vape it starting at 4-5, you'll get some great flavors and clouds that way.

popitup

Would you say the stems with balls are worth getting at all?

I agree with shit snacks, hence my preference for j/u-hooks. Balls get messy fast, so you'll be cleaning often. My j-hook I can literally blast with hot water and it's nearly fully clean, because the resin largely collects in a single spot, the first bend.

However, for a cheaper option, you could upgrade your stock stem with a tip and balls, and you'll have to muck around with screens.

I like pills for cooling better than balls.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Any stem (or hook) with full on curves, ideally right angles, and u turns, are by far the most effective cooling I've experienced and they also retain flavor very well with simple cleaning too...

These^ new ones look great too!
Those are very colorful and different from what I’ve seen. Is that considered Simrell style inside? I have a few 3rd party stems from RWW for my TM which I enjoy using. Just use a simple dome screen and that’s it, pretty simple. Considering how much I love my TM and how often I clean the stems and TM, I couldn’t see me using balls, perhaps pills. Or better yet stems with other cooling features like dimples or the style above. Very cool looking too!

The real beauty of the TM is it’s flexibitly and capability in so many ways, from method and options. My holiday break continues mostly using my TM - of course :D:peace:

Top Bottom