TinyMight / TM 2

Sto.Oned

Ok I found the right alcohol but as I m traveling and the 1l glass bottle is heavy, in which specific light container (any plastic?) do you suggest me?

Then, for long lasting the time of cu cleaning, can I put more mesh or any other fix to last it longer?
I m too lazy for cleaning it every month (should be 3 weeks as I see a noticeable decrease of vapor after them).
How many weeks do you use it before to clean (using 0,3-5 g per day) ?
At the end of a 10-15 seconds shot (0,3-4g) you hold the vapor in the lungs like me for 5-10 seconds or keeping it for 10-20 seconds the effect will increase?

Sto.Oned,

ezpz

Then, for long lasting the time of cu cleaning, can I put more mesh or any other fix to last it longer?
When I did use the cu, I put a rimless basket screen in front of the cu (from the bowl side, it’s herb, basket screen, then cu). It helps keeping herb off the cu screen. You could probably take out the cu screen and just use the basket screen since the cu screen can get gummed with resin (reducing airflow).
You could also take out a nut/washer or 2, so it opens up the vapor path within the cu.
I m too lazy for cleaning it every month (should be 3 weeks as I see a noticeable decrease of vapor after them).
How many weeks do you use it before to clean (using 0,3-5 g per day) ?
I use a HA terp pill stem. The terp pills lie diagonally in the stem, so there are no skinny paths to gunk up quickly. I can go months of daily use without any decrease in airflow.

Shuoink

Alright guys..
I am new to vaping
After doing loads of research and reading on here, I ordered the tm2 with all the fixings from vgoodiez.
Then right after I ordered I discovered the venty.
I need some tm2 owners to tell me I made the right choice...
I dont need to crank the tm2 up to 9 and rip hits through a bong.. I know tm2 can also be used as a sipper/session vape but don't see too many ppl talk about it or mention it...
Anyone with both that can tell me I spent my money wisely?... I am super ocd and get buyers remorse Hella easy.. venty seems a lil more user friendly. I've seen ppl on here say get get more/better flavor from a venty, and I've seen ppl say no tm2 is better. I'd definitely go for flavor and more enjoyable sessions as opposed to quick hot rips..but then I see people say the exact opposite and their venty isn't worth the upgrade from a Mighty, etc...
I've seen you all say tm2 is more flavorful yet battery life is a challenge, and the unitbheats up fast... and seems like you need extra peripherals to enjoy higher temps so the glass part seems detrimental to portability... but the adjustable bowl size is awesome, the compactness.. and maybe the flavor? I'm sure the only way I'll know is to pony up for both at some point and see what I like best but man because they are both not cheap I wanna make sure I chose wisely but man I'm so torn. How do you all like it as a session vape?
Thanks.. sorry my brain is all over

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alright guys..
I am new to vaping
After doing loads of research and reading on here, I ordered the tm2 with all the fixings from vgoodiez.
I dont need to crank the tm2 up to 9 and rip hits through a bong.. I know tm2 can also be used as a sipper/session vape but don't see too many ppl talk about it or mention it...
Anyone with both that can tell me I spent my money wisely?... I am super ocd and get buyers remorse Hella easy.. venty seems a lil more user friendly. I've seen ppl on here say get get more/better flavor from a venty, and I've seen ppl say no tm2 is better. I'd definitely go for flavor and more enjoyable sessions as opposed to quick hot rips..but then I see people say the exact opposite and their venty isn't worth the upgrade from a Mighty, etc...
I've seen you all say tm2 is more flavorful yet battery life is a challenge, and the unitbheats up fast... and seems like you need extra peripherals to enjoy higher temps so the glass part seems detrimental to portability... but the adjustable bowl size is awesome, the compactness.. and maybe the flavor? I'm sure the only way I'll know is to pony up for both at some point and see what I like best but man because they are both not cheap I wanna make sure I chose wisely but man I'm so torn. How do you all like it as a session vape?

Haha well TM's not a session vape it is totally different, on demand pure convection, stem-based chamber pathway makes cleaning really easy and versatile, you can use it stock as most of us did when we first got it, but it's been a long time since I have because it works so well with all glass pathway, I have really nice setup that would work pretty mobile but yeah I have other options for more out and about though I never do that these days anyway... I do milk the bowls for many hits using the entire dial range tiny bit by tiny bit it is a really enjoyable experience with fantastic effects and amazing flavor... Yeah it is not for everyone and it takes time to get used to the change, something else where you just load it and press a button to have it work for you is going to be simpler, but more limiting in capabilities and ultimately vapor quality in my opinion, I don't really enjoy chambers or plastic mouth piece with complex pathway, I prefer full versatility and my definition of purity without sacrifice (TM would be more like using a pipe or bong or chillum, deep inhales that create the vapor, the other session style devices like Venty would be more like a joint puffing as the vapor is being created for you although it is a hybrid so you get both and that can make it easier to use for some) since you are brand new to vaping you might as well try what you got coming and sell it if you don't like it? Just make sure you give it a fair chance, might be nice to be able to compare directly, but they are so different that it would be a hindrance to try to learn the best of both at the same time imo ...Welcome to FC!

Durbandream

Alright guys..
I am new to vaping
First off, you didn't waste your money. One persistent thought I had after using the TM2 for a week was that it's inexpensive for how well it's built and performs, I would have paid more.

I use the stock stem, grav upline taster and 14mm WPA adapter. I mostly use the stock stem with dosing capsules since that's the quickest, easiest, and cleanest vaping method I've found with the TM. Doing it that way I can get about 6 sessions per battery, which is a lot since the TM2 is truly an on-demand full extraction device, so each session lasts a while. I can finish a dosing capsule in 3 hits between 5-6, and they're all cool unless I pull hard for a big hit. The highest I go is 7 which leaves the abv black and it's still fine through the stock stem, you just have to dial in your draw strength and pack density. I bought extra batteries but haven't had to use them yet.

It really isn't a sipper. I sort of sip sometimes with the upline taster on session mode, but the session mode drains the battery extremely fast and the kind of draw you need to get good vapor from it isn't very conducive to sipping. I'm not sure how well other stems improve the session mode, but in my experience this is an on-demand vape first; I think the session mode is mostly for using it with the WPA adapter, which it works great doing.

I took it out for a walk the other day in my pocket and I didn't like it, the vape isn't fragile but it's somewhat delicate, a drop outside would probably do some serious damage and it can get me too high to trust myself with that, but other people pocket it just fine. But I did find a case that works well for it so now I throw it in my shoulder bag which makes using it feel much more secure.

If you want a sipper I'd shell out for a second vape, I also have an Air Max which is great for long, slow sessions if you want something more affordable than a Venty.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Alright guys..
I am new to vaping
What are you using now?

The TM2 is very versatile. It does extract rapidly and so the flavour fades pretty quick, so that's one reason amongst a few as to why I prefer to blast chambers in few hits. Sipping on chambers is not what I'm accustomed to, but I do it on occassion, and it's always really good. I have really only habitually smoked one-hits from small pipes or bongs, never got that into joints, only to share. So the TM2 gets used to emulate the past, I think it could do this for most users no matter their past usage.

Tolerance build up is interesting in that you do get less effect when repeating the same use patterns, whatever it is. It's best to mix it up often. I have got to a point where having several heaps of flower through the sublimator in a row will barely impact me at all, and I can jet up a little dynavap and get a different signature that hits different and that difference is something to notice which can influence the effect a lot.

So I wouldn't be worried about buying a TM2 because it is a seriously good heater that will satisfy with abundance, and it's more versatile than most. You can switch to a WPA to increase the effect if you're normally having dry session-style sips. But you can also switch to dry session style rips when normally using the WPA. I've noticed that changes the signature enough to appreciate a difference, similar to using a different vape.

Being able to load large bowls, set low temps, and easily stir between sessions if desired, I think the TM2 is at least a very capable session style device.
Maybe it's better at ripping bongs at level 9, but it seems to do everything well enough for me. The efficacy is undeniable so I don't see any great need for anything else other than for easy variety. Or more portability.

Another device might be more interesting once you've had a year or two with a TM2. Defitely not a necessary purchase though.

kiddvudu2

Alright guys..
I am new to vaping
All the advice you just got from the other users is spot on. TM2 is definitely not a waste of money. Although I have no experience with venty, I did own a mighty plus for about a month and a half. I sold it about a week after I received my TM2. These are my top three reasons why:

1) Flavor. TM2 tastes cleaner and fresher to me. Not to mention how versatile it is to change that experience up with different types of stems.

2) The plasticness always seemed to be present to me, from mouthpiece feel to flavor.

3) Cleaning. Mighty plus was a royal pain to clean in comparison to the TM2.

Peese!

budski

cantre member
for session style usage Airvape dose caps, ( I think s&b caps would work the same) can be swapped quickly while the oven's hot for passing around and they keep the oven and stems cleaner for way less frequent maintenance.!

popitup

I use both the TM2 and Mighty+ regularly. IMHO, the Mighty+ beats the TM2 in at least two areas. 1) battery life 2) durability.

To re-emphasize, TM2 is definitely not a waste of money, but I want to defend the Mighty+

1. I won't disagree that the TM2 is one of the most flavorful vapes given the direct air path and glass stems, but I do appreciate Mighty+ sessions, and the slow change of the flavor. It has a comforting signature to me. I use my Mighty+ sometimes when my TM2 is charging.
2. POTV has a glass adapter and can work with dyna stems, bypassing a CU, but my current favorite stem is this glass mouthpiece
3. The Mighty+ with capsules requires the occasional oven blow out and swab, the cooling units while annoying/sticky to disassemble, the cleaning is passive. I toss my CUs in an ultrasonic cleaner, alternatively, just boil in milk, and go to outer space

Lastly, I want to add that I've shared my Mighty+ is group sessions with more success with the TM2. The TM2 is more fragile and requires [minimal] technique, care and attention. After sharing the TM2 1-on-1 with a few different friends, I've decided its a better all-around experience for friends to use the Mighty+, YMMV.

Also, I use my S&B capsules in my TM2.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
It might depend on the usage. For me, the TM2 is perfect since I tend to focus on short micro dosing... Almost like old school one-hitters. I keep the dial somewhere around 5 and use a rimmed basket screen to set the load size.

I ditched the stock stem and CU pretty quickly and moved to an aftermarket stem. Battery life is pretty good since it's on demand with smallish amounts. Plus I picked up a separate charger (Xtar VC2SL) and two spare batteries (Molicel P28a).

If I was seshing with friends or needing to take it everywhere with me, I might not choose the TM2, but it's mostly just me at home so it is pretty ideal. And like SS mentioned, it is so easy to clean the glass stems! I don't like cleaning chamber style vapes very much.

Enjoy your TM2!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Purple heart TM2 Improved button
New SS liner (probably instead of the glass cylinders ?)
New beaded stem

Damn, love the included beaded stem! I'd send them all my cu's, glass and Ti stem that I never use if they would trade me for that stem. :lol:

Alright guys..
I am new to vaping
You made the right choice. The TM2 is the best vape I've owned to date. Rest your buyers remorse and OCD, you will not be disappointed.

budski

cantre member
My newer tm2 is not working w/out a fully fresh charged battery and/or being plugged in. maybe I can get a warranty trade in? Time to open a ticket

budski,
  • Sad
Reactions: Photonic

Durbandream

New beaded stem
I'm curious about the SS liner, how much does it effect the weight and heat retention? I wouldn't want the TM to get any hotter.

My girlfriend would love that stem ;)

1. I won't disagree that the TM2 is one of the most flavorful vapes given the direct air path and glass stems, but I do appreciate Mighty+ sessions, and the slow change of the flavor. It has a comforting signature to me. I use my Mighty+ sometimes when my TM2 is charging.
The TM2 has great flavor for the first hit in my experience but after that it's a pretty standard vape taste, I find the Air Max a lot more consistent throughout a session flavorwise. Do the aftermarket stems affect the flavor after the first hit?

Last edited:
Durbandream,
Reactions: Shuoink

sadf

Honestly the stock TM2 stems with cooling unit are not very good, even with the inner nuts and washers removed from the cooling unit the draw restriction is pretty tight and while the TM2 hits alright with them it’s nowhere near the performance people hype it as.

Now with the 3DXL stem at least, the airflow is wide open and the TM2 fuckin hauls, but you really need to factor in an extra stem for best performance.

Durbandream

Honestly the stock TM2 stems with cooling unit are not very good, even with the inner nuts and washers removed from the cooling unit the draw restriction is pretty tight and while the TM2 hits alright with them it’s nowhere near the performance people hype it as.

Now with the 3DXL stem at least, the airflow is wide open and the TM2 fuckin hauls, but you really need to factor in an extra stem for best performance.
The TM2 can be fantastic with the stock unit, I'm using it as I type this. I can clear a dosing capsule in 2 or 3 hits or adjust the CU for large to tiny bowls. I've been having a great time lately pushing the CU almost all the way down and inserting pieces broken off of a nug; it's become one of my main ways of home vaping. One thing is that the tamp is important - for best results you have to pack it a little carefully, just pushing it in will either clog it or make it not dense enough so you end up breathing in too much hot air. I just tamp down gently and suck on the other end sometimes to check where the draw strength is until I get it where I want.

I also have a grav upline and use the 14mm WPA sometimes, I prefer those two for large bowls. I'll probably get an HA stem soon so I'm definitely interested in aftermarket, but people shouldn't get write off the stock stem, it's great once you get used to it.

Last edited:

popitup

The TM2 has great flavor for the first hit in my experience but after that it's a pretty standard vape taste, I find the Air Max a lot more consistent throughout a session flavorwise. Do the aftermarket stems affect the flavor after the first hit?
Personally, I have never even attempted to use the stock CU.

IMHO, pure glass with cooling pills/balls and/or bends is the way to go, I listed some popular vendors on page 876.

For reference, I've always used capsules, I changed from the TM2 to S&Bs in about a week, so I'm not sure how much not using capsules affects the flavor.

As an experiment, I ground up some GSC in a BCG with a medium plate and packed the same capsule twice.

The TM2 at level 4, heat soaked for 2 seconds, with back to back hits, but not session mode, lasted me 4-5 solid hits with great flavor, there was some noticeable flavor and vapor loss on the last 1-2 hit.

The Mighty+ at 360F had good flavor at the start, and vapor throughout, the but vapor gets less tasty by the end of the session, starting with "stale" then flavorless vapor. Also, I should clean my Mighty's CU.

Edit: Retried the Mighty+ with POTV glass adapter and a FW9 stem for a more direct path to glass. The flavor was stronger/better, still had similar drop-off, but got less stale. 360F got to be pretty harsh by the end of the session with this more direct air path though.

In conclusion, I had more enjoyable flavor in less hits with the TM2 than the Mighty+, but the Mighty+'s flavor loss happens more gradually, and a direct glass air path from the oven has more flavor, but holy cow my throat. Maybe the Mighty+ with POTV adapter and the WPA using a dry pipe is the move.

Last edited:

Sto.Oned

Thanks.
If I want just to clean the cu keeping it there for some time (how many hours at least?), which is the best small container for doing it? I don't want to make glass dirt and maybe you or somebody else can tell me which material or container(that just fit it) would be the best one. Thanks.

Sto.Oned,

popitup

Thanks.
If I want just to clean the cu keeping it there for some time (how many hours at least?), which is the best small container for doing it? I don't want to make glass dirt and maybe you or somebody else can tell me which material or container(that just fit it) would be the best one. Thanks.

You should remove the CU, it has orings that you should not put in the isopropyl alcohol.

You can press it out of the glass using the poker, or a chopstick.

An easy container to use for soaking is a mug or sandwich bag.

Durbandream

Personally, I have never even attempted to use the stock CU.

IMHO, pure glass with cooling pills/balls and/or bends is the way to go, I listed some popular vendors on page 876.

For reference, I've always used capsules, I changed from the TM2 to S&Bs in about a week, so I'm not sure how much not using capsules affects the flavor.

As an experiment, I ground up some GSC in a BCG with a medium plate and packed the same capsule twice.

The TM2 at level 4 lasted me 4-5 solid hits with great flavor, there was some noticeable flavor and vapor loss on the last 1-2 hit.

The Mighty+ at 360F had good flavor at the start, and vapor throughout, the but vapor gets less tasty by the end of the session, starting with "stale" then flavorless vapor. Also, I should clean my Mighty's CU.

Edit: Retried the Mighty+ with POTV glass adapter and a FW9 stem for a more direct path to glass. The flavor was stronger/better, still had similar drop-off, but got less stale. 360F got to be pretty harsh by the end of the session with this more direct air path though.
Would you be willing to try the stock stem with a dosing capsule just to see what the difference is between the aftermarket stems? I have the grav upline but went back to the stock stem almost entirely lately and it's been working great but I'm curious to know how much of a difference there is. And do you like the S&B capsules more than the TM2?

Durbandream,

popitup

Would you be willing to try the stock stem with a dosing capsule just to see what the difference is between the aftermarket stems?
Do you mean with the stock CU, or can I use balls?

do you like the S&B capsules more than the TM2?
100%, 1) The S&B capsules go below the stem, instead fiddling with getting it in there 2) They are easier to debowl because they are bigger, and you can use the lid if you don't have a pick 3) They heat up and cool down faster

A downside might be that they can bend, but I've got extras, and more recently, I've just been rotating a capsule or two and swapping in clean ones as necessary until cleaning day.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
New beaded stem
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!! That is beautiful, both the vape and the stem! I checked the TM site a couple weeks ago and I didn’t see anything about purpleheart. Is it generally available or limited or are they taking names/numbers? I thought I was first on the list for RED but apparently I need to email them again :).

Hands down the TM (OG) is my favorite vape. It may need a newer cousin soon. :peace:

Durbandream

Do you mean with the stock CU, or can I use balls?

100%, 1) The S&B capsules go below the stem, instead fiddling with getting it in there 2) They are easier to debowl because they are bigger, and you can use the lid if you don't have a pick 3) They heat up and cool down faster

A downside might be that they can bend, but I've got extras, and more recently, I've just been rotating a capsule or two and swapping in clean ones as necessary until cleaning day.
Would you be willing to try both? If not then the stock CU just because it's what I'm using right now, but I'm really curious about the stock stem with balls. I just love how versatile the CU is for loading.

I was looking at the titanium S&B capsules and you mentioning the SS ones bend has me leaning more that way. I'll definitely pick one of the types up though since it sounds like they solve every issue I've had with the TM2 ones. Thanks for the write up, that was really helpful!

Durbandream,

popitup

I was looking at the titanium S&B capsules and you mentioning the SS ones bend has me leaning more that way. I'll definitely pick one of the types up though since it sounds like they solve every issue I've had with the TM2 ones.
To be clear, my personal preference is the aluminum Storz & Bickel ones. I don't like the SS ones because they take longer to heat up, and earlier versions use threads that can get filled with resin/reclaim. I cannot speak to the titanium ones. Don't use the gold ones, I heard they can be toxic. The glass one looks interesting, though I haven't been able to grab one.

I'll get back to you on the stem configurations.

popitup,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom