TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Have had the og TM for about two years now, but only recently (like the last couple months) have been using it as a daily driver...so several times daily. I use on-demand mode at #5 temp setting, use the straw method with rimless basket screen, and kill it in two hits.

Anyway, all of a sudden today...I put in a freshly charged battery, turned it on and held down the trigger and waited for it to vibrate indicating that it had reached temp. Seemed like quite a few seconds passed by and I didn't feel it vibrate so I thought I missed it, and just proceeded to take a hit. Instant combustion.

I took the battery out, put it back in and tried again. No vibration indicating it reached temp. It seems that as I hold the trigger down, the heater just keeps increasing temp without ever stopping.

Anyone had this issue before? Wondering if there are any troubleshooting steps. I've also emailed TM just a few minutes ago.
Try loosening the bottom screw slightly and then re-tighten. It’s worked for others and me however symptoms were different (I.e. no vapor but perhaps it’s similar to your situation). It can’t hurt though. You’ll need a T-20 torx bit though T-15 works in a pinch too. Good luck. :peace:

badbee

Have had the og TM for about two years now, but only recently (like the last couple months) have been using it as a daily driver...so several times daily. I use on-demand mode at #5 temp setting, use the straw method with rimless basket screen, and kill it in two hits.

Anyway, all of a sudden today...I put in a freshly charged battery, turned it on and held down the trigger and waited for it to vibrate indicating that it had reached temp. Seemed like quite a few seconds passed by and I didn't feel it vibrate so I thought I missed it, and just proceeded to take a hit. Instant combustion.

I took the battery out, put it back in and tried again. No vibration indicating it reached temp. It seems that as I hold the trigger down, the heater just keeps increasing temp without ever stopping.

Anyone had this issue before? Wondering if there are any troubleshooting steps. I've also emailed TM just a few minutes ago.
I vaguely recall a post describing a similar issue, maybe a couple of years ago. I would remove the cell, clean everything, maybe loosen and then retighten the main screw. This sounds like a firmware issue or a bad temp sensor. If it doesn't "reset" itself you likely need warranty service. This should be covered by the 10 yr warranty.

waxdab23

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for... some basic troubleshooting steps while I wait for TM to respond. I followed them and unfortunately still have the same issue so will wait for the mfg to advise.

Seantagon

I got the TM2 over the summer, and now it seems the button doesnt always register. I have to press a little harder or hold a diffrent angle to get it to fire. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any DYI fixes? Thanks

I got the TM2 over the summer, and now it seems the button doesnt always register. I have to press a little harder or hold a diffrent angle to get it to fire. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any DYI fixes? Thanks
contact support. Some units had an old design that would sometimes lead to the button coming loose from the circuit board. They will fix it but you'll have to pay shipping.

MHL

Try hard noob
Not to detract from the TM2, which is my favourite device by far.... nor the maker, who seems like a very decent fellow, and is clearly a dry herb vapourising genius.

But it seems to me they're quite fragile. I can't fault the maker, he's fixed it twice, for free, without any complaint or questions. But that obv implies that it's broken twice too, and that's before it's taken a drop (which it will do eventually, being the device that it is).

Coming from Finland, and being made out of metal and wood, and being 300 notes here in the UK (not far off $400 I think) ... well I expected it to be more robust (I don't know why, some kind of prejudice on my behalf?).

I wish he'd spend an extra 20 quid/unit on build quality and make it sturdier. Surely it would be cheaper than paying for all those warranty returns and fixes.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Not to detract from the TM2, which is my favourite device by far.... nor the maker, who seems like a very decent fellow, and is clearly a dry herb vapourising genius.

But it seems to me they're quite fragile. I can't fault the maker, he's fixed it twice, for free, without any complaint or questions. But that obv implies that it's broken twice too, and that's before it's taken a drop (which it will do eventually, being the device that it is).

Coming from Finland, and being made out of metal and wood, and being 300 notes here in the UK (not far off $400 I think) ... well I expected it to be more robust (I don't know why, some kind of prejudice on my behalf?).

I wish he'd spend an extra 20 quid/unit on build quality and make it sturdier. Surely it would be cheaper than paying for all those warranty returns and fixes.
That's some bad luck. It's no help to you, but I've used my OG TM for more than 2 years nearly daily and I have never had a single problem.

snowdrop7756

I mean.. Glass and wood is glass and wood. I guess if anything maybe make it more serviceable so you don't have to ship it back and forth and instead just replace the part easier then it is today? I would agree the electronics (had?) needed some help. The TM1 with people blowing their units due to a backwards battery, temperature ranges all over the place, etc.. TM2 obviously improved things dramatically, and then honestly I would say there is a TM2.5 out there today. All the new ones with the black motherboards supposedly have additional improvements to the button and vibration, possibly other improvements as well. My biggest gripe is it seems like people still today have varying temperatures and the whole calibration thing doesn't make much sense to me. If they tout accuracy there should be accuracy and consistency between units.

MHL

Try hard noob
I mean.. Glass and wood is glass and wood. I guess if anything maybe make it more serviceable so you don't have to ship it back and forth and instead just replace the part easier then it is today? I would agree the electronics (had?) needed some help. The TM1 with people blowing their units due to a backwards battery, temperature ranges all over the place, etc.. TM2 obviously improved things dramatically, and then honestly I would say there is a TM2.5 out there today. All the new ones with the black motherboards supposedly have additional improvements to the button and vibration, possibly other improvements as well. My biggest gripe is it seems like people still today have varying temperatures and the whole calibration thing doesn't make much sense to me. If they tout accuracy there should be accuracy and consistency between units.
It's not the glass and wood elements to be fair, it's the button and (I'm guessing) the internals. I do agree with the accuracy thing, but I could live with that. But the button feels like it might stick in or pop out if I looked at it funny.
That's some bad luck. It's no help to you, but I've used my OG TM for more than 2 years nearly daily and I have never had a single problem.
Nice! Hopefully it was just a run of bad luck and I'll get 9 more years out of my sucker.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hopefully it was just a run of bad luck and I'll get 9 more years out of my sucker.
I hope so too! My og from May '20 has never had an issue! I haven't even needed to do the loosen then wiggle technique so far! I will admit I've not used it since the summer when it came on holiday with me, that's it's main purpose now so it doesn't get used frequently for probably the last year, maybe more. It was used daily for about 2 years before that.

ezpz

My og from May '20 has never had an issue! I haven't even needed to do the loosen then wiggle technique so far!
Same here. May 2020 og still a daily driver. I use it less though now, but it still comes to work with me Monday-Friday (about 4 bowls a day).

The wonky button has always been there. Sucks, but as long as she keeps firing, I’m happy.

Vaporific

I’ve had my OG TM for 3.5+ years and use it almost daily. While I’m not throwing it around nor have I dropped it or babying it either, I often take it out and about (locally) in a pocket - jacket, pants, etc. I do have a homemade case for it it however it’s very snug and I’ve surprisingly found it on when stowed a few times so I’m reluctant to use the case again. I’ve never had button issues though the haptic motor had stopped working, briefly, a couple of times until I fixed it both times (by disassembling it). Aside from the incorrect battery insertion last year (my mistake) which fried my board necessitating a 3 week RMA stint in Finland, my TM has been more than reliable and sturdy. And I still mainly use the stock short stem too with a rubber cap as I love the portability. Honestly, I don’t know what I’d do without my TM - it’s that amazing, consistent, powerful, and fairly stealthy (I have big hands) though I live in a legal state and less concerned these days about stealth.

A TM2 (or the next version) will be in my future whenever I decide to pull the trigger. I have no qualms about getting another and like the enhancements from the OG TM but I’d like a different wood strain. My TM rocks - every single time! :peace:

Duba

Accessory Maker
New skin.🐍
IMG-20231130-225123.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I think there are just a lot of variables, even though it seems so great now, I think most people are satisfied without issues even heavy daily use, but there are plenty who didn't get on with it or had issues as is the norm with all vapes pretty much in my experience... However always room for improvement and maybe there will be a TM3 that is even more top tier quality, but as is I feel like it's still pretty reasonable? Sorry for your bad luck! or whatever reason for the poor experience, this is why backups are so necessary unfortunately though

HighTime

I’ve had my TM2 for a couple of weeks. It’s really nicely made, feels good in the hand, and looks even better in person than in any of the pictures I’ve seen. It’s a nice vape! I’ll describe this relatively simple question in detail, and maybe some of you would be able to help me out. I’ve been experimenting with the TM2 trying to adapt to do whatever I am supposed to do for the experience to be consistent. I’ve noticed that I’ve been tending to get clouds when I draw slowly during the early part of a hit, and then pull harder about half way through, during which I can feel a mild warming or sensation in my throat, then end by releasing the button (on demand mode) and clearing whatever air/vapor is in there. What has been consistent is I will get clouds when I actually feel that mild warming or sensation in my throat during a hit. When I don’t get that during a hit, I mostly don’t see any significant vapor. I’ve been hitting I’d say for half the bowl at setting 3 or so and then raise it to 5 or 6 toward the end to try to get more of what’s there. I just don’t understand what I’m doing or not doing that results in clouds for only half or less the number of hits I take, which has been 4 to 6 depending on how much material I load, and the clouds that do come could come anywhere during this range of hits. Because I’m a novice with the TM2, I expect there must be something I can do with my technique to have a more consistent experience. I’d be grateful for any tips and suggestions. Thanks!

I’ve had my TM2 for a couple of weeks. It’s really nicely made, feels good in the hand, and looks even better in person than in any of the pictures I’ve seen. It’s a nice vape! I’ll describe this relatively simple question in detail, and maybe some of you would be able to help me out. I’ve been experimenting with the TM2 trying to adapt to do whatever I am supposed to do for the experience to be consistent. I’ve noticed that I’ve been tending to get clouds when I draw slowly during the early part of a hit, and then pull harder about half way through, during which I can feel a mild warming or sensation in my throat, then end by releasing the button (on demand mode) and clearing whatever air/vapor is in there. What has been consistent is I will get clouds when I actually feel that mild warming or sensation in my throat during a hit. When I don’t get that during a hit, I mostly don’t see any significant vapor. I’ve been hitting I’d say for half the bowl at setting 3 or so and then raise it to 5 or 6 toward the end to try to get more of what’s there. I just don’t understand what I’m doing or not doing that results in clouds for only half or less the number of hits I take, which has been 4 to 6 depending on how much material I load, and the clouds that do come could come anywhere during this range of hits. Because I’m a novice with the TM2, I expect there must be something I can do with my technique to have a more consistent experience. I’d be grateful for any tips and suggestions. Thanks!
Oh, and I forgot to add that I’ve been only using the stock stem and cu. Thanks.

popitup

To address your first overall question about technique, a 3 is pretty low, I believe most users are at around 5-7 normally, some go 10 through a water pipe. The other thing I gathered is that you might not be letting it heat soak. When using the vape in on-demand mode, hold the button, wait for the vibration, wait a few more seconds, then start to draw. How fast will depend on your temp, stem setup and body.

Alternatively, maybe you want to try this vape in session mode at the lower temp, and then come back later and rip what is left at a higher temp?

Oh, and I forgot to add that I’ve been only using the stock stem and cu. Thanks.
The stock cooling unit isn't a crowd favorite.

Other options to consider

1. Stock stem with screens, beads and a mouthpiece
2. Rocket stem with beads
3. j-hook
4. Aritisan stem with beads/pills
5. Water pipe adapter and choose your own adventure, wet or dry

popitup,
Reactions: HighTime

HighTime

To address your first overall question about technique, a 3 is pretty low, I believe most users are at around 5-7 normally, some go 10 through a water pipe. The other thing I gathered is that you might not be letting it heat soak. When using the vape in on-demand mode, hold the button, wait for the vibration, wait a few more seconds, then start to draw. How fast will depend on your temp, stem setup and body.

Alternatively, maybe you want to try this vape in session mode at the lower temp, and then come back later and rip what is left at a higher temp?

Other options to consider

1. Stock stem with screens, beads and a mouthpiece
2. Rocket stem with beads
3. j-hook
4. Aritisan stem with beads/pills
5. Water pipe adapter and choose your own adventure, wet or dry
Those are all excellent suggestions and you give me a bunch to go on! The only question I have is what kind of mouthpiece should I be looking for tο try with screens, beads, and the stock stem? Thanks for all this!

HighTime,

Vaporific

To address your first overall question about technique, a 3 is pretty low,
I start 2 usually - because my TM with a new board - won’t let me turn it on below that. Sometimes I turn it lower than 2 after it’s on to start a fresh load and sometime at 2 or slightly above). I use on-demand mode 99% of the time and have no issues getting vapor though light at low temps. Others have had similar experiences. The flavor is superb at low temps on the TM and better than most vapes I’ve used with comparable temps.

No - many have bought 3rd party options, including myself - but I still mostly use the CU though without the nuts and washers. I may lose a bit of cooling yet get more goodness from the flower - and it’s less and easier to clean. There is a technique but it should be easy to find your balance and what works for you. The TM is something for everyone, I truly believe this - and have for 3.5 years :). :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good Vibes has mouthpieces available too it looks like... Yeah I always text up with TM unless I'm doing a one-hitter and a higher temp, typically starting pretty low, turning up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit ending at 6 or below... Often using GVB stems, hook, u turn, or plain basket screen WPA through dry glass

Durbandream

I have a session mode question: The manual says to hold down the button to increase temp during session mode, but does this mean hold it down until it vibrates again or does it smoothly increase the temp as you hold it down? And by how much does it increase at a time? Thanks.

Durbandream,

Momor

I expect there must be something I can do with my technique to have a more consistent experience.
Just a few more suggestions to try also :
- pull harder from the start of your draw (or/and harder overall). When someone tries my TM/TM2 and doen't get a nice cloud it's usually beacause they pullled to slow.
- just take 1 or 2 draws at a given temp on the dial. TM extracts fast. With the herbs i have, if i take more than 2 hits at the same setting i usually end up with a whispy hit (and if i was novice i could probably think it's just inconsistancy).
:2c:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I always blow thru a stem after finishing a bowl, like most i reckon.
Funny thing: when i blow hard thru the Grav upline taster it whistles like a steamboat whistle...

So yeah, now i blow it before loading and after finishing the bowl.

"Tuut tuuuuuuuuut
Here i come"
Some steam is produced
"Tuut tuuuuuuuuut
Gone, just like a train!"

(i sometimes even make the arm movement whilst doing it!)

Goofy!
LoL

Top Bottom