TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I have had to send my TM and TM2 to Finland for repairs and each time I got them back in less than a week. šŸ¤™
My OG TM took exactly 3 weeks to return from its lone RMA in September ā€˜22 from the Northeast (USA). I inserted the battery the wrong way after 2.5 years of ownership and fried the board. It has worked as good as new since the repair and in fact better: I can run it much more with one battery level buzz when I hardly was able to do so before the repair. The TM continues to be my favorite vape! LOVE this vape! :love::peace:

cliffhanger1

My OG TM took exactly 3 weeks to return from its lone RMA in September ā€˜22 from the Northeast (USA). I inserted the battery the wrong way after 2.5 years of ownership and fried the board. It has worked as good as new since the repair and in fact better: I can run it much more with one battery level buzz when I hardly was able to do so before the repair. The TM continues to be my favorite vape! LOVE this vape! :love::peace:
Did you have to pay for the repairs yourself? because it was your mistake to put the battery in the wrong way around?
I only ask because the maker means my two defective usb ports is made by myself what is not true and that i have to pay myself.
Rather an inferior material or poorer workmanship in my opinion. Because i had never problem with usb ports from other vapes.

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Did you have to pay for the repairs yourself? because it was your mistake to put the battery in the wrong way around?
I only ask because the maker means my two defective usb ports is made by myself what is not true and that i have to pay myself.
Rather an inferior material or poorer workmanship in my opinion. Because i had never problem with usb ports from other vapes.
Yes I paid $80 for the repair, only after it was already shipped there and on its way back. They asked if I could pay though I wouldnā€™t have if they didnā€™t ask. I wasnā€™t sure if that ā€˜mistakeā€™ was under warranty or not but theyā€™ve always provided wonderful support via email including some general product questions (like the RED TM2 which never came to fruition). Supporting them as well as preserving my TM go hand in hand. I didnā€™t give it a second thought. All good! :peace:

HighTime

I just received my new TM2 and am excited to use it!

Since I havenā€™t had a TM2 until now, Iā€™ve been mostly a lurker here. As a result, I know this is a good place to ask a couple of questions of the experts!

When you are charging the battery while itā€™s in the TM2, is the charging light color located next to the USB-C at the bottom of the vape red or orange?

I also want to do an initial burn off before using it. From what Iā€™ve read out there, it seems doing a few approximately 10 second on demand heat-ups at a high heat setting with stuff like the stem and cooling unit removed should do it. Iā€™d appreciate any advice about this.

Thanks for your help. Iā€™m looking forward to the TM2 experience!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I just received my new TM2 and am excited to use it!

Since I havenā€™t had a TM2 until now, Iā€™ve been mostly a lurker here. As a result, I know this is a good place to ask a couple of questions of the experts!

When you are charging the battery while itā€™s in the TM2, is the charging light color located next to the USB-C at the bottom of the vape red or orange?

I also want to do an initial burn off before using it. From what Iā€™ve read out there, it seems doing a few approximately 10 second on demand heat-ups at a high heat setting with stuff like the stem and cooling unit removed should do it. Iā€™d appreciate any advice about this.

Thanks for your help. Iā€™m looking forward to the TM2 experience!

According to the manual, the charge light is RED.

DOWNLOAD the PDF manual at the link below, and save it:

As far as burn offs, I usually wipe down all parts with 190 ethanol, as it leaves no bitterants behind like ISO.
But in this case, ISO will be fine, as you are going to do some high heat runs.
Set the TEMP DIAL TO MAX #10.
So you donā€™t have to hold the button down, put the TM2 into session mode.
Do 2-3 TWO MINUTE sessions, allowing it to cool off between.
CAUTION: The TM2 does NOT have a AUTO TIME OUT in ā€œSession Modeā€, so use a timer as you have to SHUT IT OFF MANUALLY! Otherwise it will run down till the batteries cutoff voltage.

READ THE ENTIRE MANUAL I LINKED!

Also consider buying an external charger for your lithium batteries, a safer way ā€¦..
There are some threads on FC with both charger and extra battery recommendations.

LAST STEP: Enjoy your new vape!

HighTime

According to the manual, the charge light is RED.

DOWNLOAD the PDF manual at the link below, and save it:

As far as burn offs, I usually wipe down all parts with 190 ethanol, as it leaves no bitterants behind like ISO.
But in this case, ISO will be fine, as you are going to do some high heat runs.
Set the TEMP DIAL TO MAX #10.
So you donā€™t have to hold the button down, put the TM2 into session mode.
Do 2-3 TWO MINUTE sessions, allowing it to cool off between.
CAUTION: The TM2 does NOT have a AUTO TIME OUT in ā€œSession Modeā€, so use a timer as you have to SHUT IT OFF MANUALLY! Otherwise it will run down till the batteries cutoff voltage.

READ THE ENTIRE MANUAL I LINKED!

Also consider buying an external charger for your lithium batteries, a safer way ā€¦..
There are some threads on FC with both charger and extra battery recommendations.

LAST STEP: Enjoy your new vape!
Hey. Thanks for the reply and the tips! I will read the manual. Iā€™m glad I asked about how to do the the initial burn off. Your advice is detailed and clear. Thank you!
I plan to get a couple more batteries and an external charger pretty soon. Iā€™ve heard about and seen pictures with red and orange looking charge lights, so I thought Iā€™d ask here what colors :ko: users are actually seeing. All you say is helpful and much appreciated!

jlang129

Already received return label for transport. Filed the warranty yesterday so this is nice, quick response of TM.
I'm in the same boat as you. Did you have to pay for the repair/shipping? Kinda disappointing that I had mine for 2 days and it broke down

jlang129,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm in the same boat as you. Did you have to pay for the repair/shipping? Kinda disappointing that I had mine for 2 days and it broke down
What happened with yours? I'm surprised it wasn't covered under warranty. Most of the service mentioned in this thread has been.

Grass Yes,

jlang129

O I literally ordered on the 18th recieved it the 21 and used it for 2 days and the heater stopped working. I babied this after reading up so much on it. When it worked it was amazing though. Just disappointing for it to break.

I wasn't denied warranty but just curious as I owned it for 2 days.

jlang129

O no, sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't have to pay so far as the retailer is handling it (crossing fingers).
I was curious if you did have to pair for repairs as I saw some people say they had to pay like 80-100 for shipping and/or repairs? Or was that for people outside of warranty

jlang129,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
O no, sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't have to pay so far as the retailer is handling it (crossing fingers).
I was curious if you did have to pair for repairs as I saw some people say they had to pay like 80-100 for shipping and/or repairs? Or was that for people outside of warranty
Hard for me to know what happened in those specific circumstances without links, but that would make sense. Likely dropped vapes, etc.

Grass Yes,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
can anyone confirm this battery is compatible . Thanks

VapeKnight,
Reactions: Vaporific

Momor

No, you need at least 20A of max continuous discharge rate I think.
Per the TM FAQ page : "To get the designed performance out of the Tinymight safely, we only recommend to use original batteries from us. If you have a trustworthy source, you can buy the Molicel P28A, P26A,Sony VTC6 battery or LG HG2, or Samsung 30Q it is the same we have chosen after extensive testing."

Axel_420

No, you need minimum 20A continuous discharge rating.
I use the Molicel P28A. This is also interesting, but I have not read of any tests on it: https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/molicel-p30b-18650-3000mah-36a-battery

Last edited:

badbee

No, you need minimum 20A continuous discharge rating.
I use the Molicel P28A. This is also interesting, but I have not read of any tests on it: https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/molicel-p30b-18650-3000mah-36a-battery
Damn, that thing can be charged at 9A (3C) routinely and up to 36 A. Where do I find that charger? It also claims "After 500 cycles of 100W discharge, it can retain incredibly up to 75% of initial run time.". This is a serious power cell, it will be awesome when the price comes down.

badbee,
Reactions: XpeeN

RustyOldNail

Damn, that thing can be charged at 9A (3C) routinely and up to 36 A. Where do I find that charger? It also claims "After 500 cycles of 100W discharge, it can retain incredibly up to 75% of initial run time.". This is a serious power cell, it will be awesome when the price comes down.

Interesting to see newest Molicel. Hereā€™s a MOOCH REVIEW:

budski

cantre member
I just got 4 of these on sale cheap, 2 for tiny a pair for angus, seem to be about the same run time as my p28a's but haven't tested it.
epoch-p28b34_1000x.jpg

Last edited:
budski,

RustyOldNail

I just got 4 of these 2 for tiny a pair for angus, seem to be about the same run time but haven't tested it.
epoch-p28b34_1000x.jpg

ā€œTest Results
This cell performs a little better than the Molicel P28A, which is expected if it is indeed a P28B rewrap. I cannot guarantee that this cell is a Molicel P28B rewrap but due to its appearance, performance, and some other info I cannot discuss, in my opinion this is a rewrap of the Molicel P28B. That cell is the all-around best performing 18650 we can buy in my opinion.ā€

FROM MOOCH REVIEW HERE:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If you have a trustworthy source, you can buy the Molicel P28A, P26A,Sony VTC6 battery or LG HG2, or Samsung 30Q

Just to add to this list, Sony VTC5(A) and LG HE4 and Samsung 25R are also good options to use with higher amps although they don't have quite as high capacity before recharging

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Momor

waxdab23

Have had the og TM for about two years now, but only recently (like the last couple months) have been using it as a daily driver...so several times daily. I use on-demand mode at #5 temp setting, use the straw method with rimless basket screen, and kill it in two hits.

Anyway, all of a sudden today...I put in a freshly charged battery, turned it on and held down the trigger and waited for it to vibrate indicating that it had reached temp. Seemed like quite a few seconds passed by and I didn't feel it vibrate so I thought I missed it, and just proceeded to take a hit. Instant combustion.

I took the battery out, put it back in and tried again. No vibration indicating it reached temp. It seems that as I hold the trigger down, the heater just keeps increasing temp without ever stopping.

Anyone had this issue before? Wondering if there are any troubleshooting steps. I've also emailed TM just a few minutes ago.

Top Bottom