TinyMight / TM 2

AssistedLiving

I recall the designer advertising it on Reddit. His angle was that it turns the TM2 into a ball vape.

I think he meant that it's basically like having a shovelhead bowl for the TM2. But unless you could remove the TM from the bowl while the bowl is still in the glass piece, then it's not functioning that way.

So in essence it is just a metal WPA. Seems very nice though. I wonder how the metal affects performance.

Saw people arguing with him on reddit, telling him it was simply a ss wpa, with him insisting it was a bowl : )

AssistedLiving,
Reactions: Grass Yes

RedZep

Saw people arguing with him on reddit, telling him it was simply a ss wpa, with him insisting it was a bowl : )
I guess you could place it into a glass piece first. Then fill before placing TM into place. Then after hold the bowl/WPA in place with the little handle, while pulling away the TM. This would allow it to function like the OG Flowerpot with shovelhead bowl.

My problem with that is I actually find emptying reloading ball vape bowls to be laborious, and one of my least favourite aspects. I much prefer the straw load method of the TM.

If other users prefer loading a bowl with a scoop tool then they may enjoy the alternative workflow this bowl/WPA offers.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yeah that was the idea for it which you could do on your own if you remove the o-ring I suppose with whatever WPA? This person liked that style of use and made a steel bowl specifically designed for it so I guess that's fine although not anything groundbreaking or super innovative to change up the experience much at all certain people could find it very good for them

Chronicele

Hey everyone, qq. I got the dreaded stuck button on my TinyMight 2 (bought it back in Sept 2022) and wondering: is there a way to shut off the device without using the button? It is currently stuck on with full battery and don't feel super comfortable with not being able to shut it off. Any suggestions?

Will be sending back to warranty to fix.

Chronicele,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

EarthworldTim

Hey everyone, qq. I got the dreaded stuck button on my TinyMight 2 (bought it back in Sept 2022) and wondering: is there a way to shut off the device without using the button? It is currently stuck on with full battery and don't feel super comfortable with not being able to shut it off. Any suggestions?

Remove the battery?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, I can't see how that would be a problem. And it's what I would do. And even if it might damage the device, which I don't think it would, it's going back anyway and I'm sure they will test it before they return it. You could always mention that was how you had to shut it off.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I've been reading the first ever 10 pages of this thread. Nuts and washers causing division and derision from day one :D

I guess some things don't change. Fun to see the hopeful early adopters take a chance, knowing they all got their minds blown most likely.

If folks took the time to read even some of the posts in this thread, they might learn of the many options over using the “nuts & bolts”, though they are basically SS heatsinks, and do the job adequately. The downside of this cost saving implementation, is just the cleaning, but you can properly soak the entire CU, never understood why folks take all those pieces apart in the first place. Once I learned more, I’m still using the shells of the CU, in one case, I’ve filled one 1/2 CU with SS balls, on another I use it empty with screen, and use a Simrell stem in the top of the standard “short” glass stem. I like the CU for its ability to easily slide with the homemade tools to adjust the load size. I don’t buy any aftermarket stems that require the use of any type of wire baskets. All my posts are searchable in this thread if you need more details. The stock setup is a smart way to get started.

gangababa

I've been reading the first ever 10 pages of this thread. Nuts and washers causing division and derision from day one :D

I guess some things don't change. Fun to see the hopeful early adopters take a chance, knowing they all got their minds blown most likely.
Indeed, it is fascinating to read the early pages, and with 853 pages now, there are many previous questions, comments, confusions, cures, and other curiosities. The TM2 seems to be less posted about than was the original.

I have had my TM2 for seven months, and have 4 cooling units from TM and eBay. From the beginning I've disassembled the CU, ditched the inner hardware and used the CU halves to retain glass balls or as depth stops in long cooling stems.
And as we all know, unless using dark glass stems, the resin soon visibly colors the glass. Personally, not-clean glass burns my ass, so I clean a lot.

That said, I recently reassembled a CU in a modified fashion* and have been using it in an 80 mm stem. The CU really is efficient and the stem is ridiculously easy to keep clean, especially with dosing capsules (without caps). Some paper towel rolled into a properly sized cylinder will ream the glass clean and can push the CU out for wiping it off and easier screen brushing. Of course, the CU is building up resin and will clog, especially the screen, thus an occasional alcohol soak, soap and hot water cleaning ritual is required. It is nice to have more than one CU.

The CU cools better than the long cooling stem, as self-tested at 8 on the dial. As to taste, to each their own

*Maybe they all came this way? CU with screw, two nuts, washer, nut, washer, nut, CU. This opens the mouthpiece end a bit more than one nut.

Inforit

I don’t use any cooling apparatus starting today. Switched to the do-dad thing to fit glass pieces. No screens or cooling equipment to clean.

Inforit,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
TM produces too much heat for me to have no cooling at all. At home, I use it on water. Out and about I use a spiked (or should that be nippled) J Hook.
TM-w-Jhook.jpg

Gordlad

TM produces too much heat for me to have no cooling at all. At home, I use it on water. Out and about I use a spiked (or should that be nippled) J Hook.
TM-w-Jhook.jpg
Where's that j hook from? I've seen some on DHgate that look similar but I think you can get flash ones too. Not sure how different they would be

Gordlad,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yep, that's a Dhgate one. Lower quality then OGB, but good enough quality for carrying around. Honestly, I went with a three pack of cheaper ones with the expectation that it would get broken while I was out and about and I didn't wanna break a $45 one. As it turns out, I haven't broken one yet, and they have worked very well. I don't usually end up taking the TM out of the house very much.
They are 2 packs now...

Last edited:

Varden

TM-w-Jhook.jpg

You are lucky, where I live, I can not image going with that in the street, even less a restaurant or a club/lounge. I'm sure I would get called out. If I want to use the vape around I need to use something a bit more discreet. Weed is illegal where I live, so that has its influence.

Varden,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is legal here, but you cannot consume it in public. When I talk about out and about I'm usually referring to at a friends place or on a walk or in some other less than completely exposed environment. While being an old white guy I imagine my privilege would keep me from getting arrested, it probably would not prevent confiscation. Still, I would rather not test that. Especially with $300 worth of vape.

Gordlad

Yep, that's a Dhgate one. Lower quality then OGB, but good enough quality for carrying around. Honestly, I went with a three pack of cheaper ones with the expectation that it would get broken while I was out and about and I didn't wanna break a $45 one. As it turns out, I haven't broken one yet, and they have worked very well. I don't usually end up taking the TM out of the house very much.
They are 2 packs now...
Do you think the flat or round is better?

Gordlad,

Inforit

Set the dial to 0 ?

Top Bottom