TinyMight / TM 2

cloudblower

@cloudblower Are you sure your following the recal instructions properly , it's click 3 times (quite quickly)5 times on 0
Absolutely.

I followed the directions in the Appendix of the manual and this reddit person's directions exactly. After the first round of three clicks, his tinymight goes through the rainbow of colors, while mine produces a quick vibration, five red blinks and then a longer vibration. The next three quick clips are met with silence from the vape. If I wait four seconds between clicks to click it a second time, it will do the same red flashes as before.

UPDATE: A person from VGoodiEZ got back to me within a few hours of me emailing them (kick ass customer service) and has included the folks at tinymight to help me get a working unit.

Last edited:
I’m digging the v2 dosing caps. They’re perfect for my daytime use. Just the right amount to get me medicated without being non-functional. I’m usually trying to medicate on my breaks and it’s nice to just toss a cap in there and go.

Now once baby goes to bed I open that baby up and let her rip.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Received my TM2 today, only 4 days from Finland to USA, my return of the TM-OG was delivered to Vgoodiez the same day for the TM2 credit.

All the upgrades are welcome, can’t find a fault in any of them. The Walnut is nice and smooth with good grain. While I’ve read the TM2 is slightly larger, I don’t have my TM-1 to compare, but it fits even nicer in my hand.
I was never a big capsule/pod user, but decided to order the (5) pack of pods, and am shocked at how well these SS newer versions are working. Adjust my temp 1-1.5 steps higher. The wire pod/baskets for the TM1 did not work well for me, so I just used the straw suck technique which is still the fastest way to load/unload. The pods take some time upfront, but the benefits of less stem cleaning are worth it to me.

In my limited time using it, I’ve discovered that the (6) pod loader tray I had Delta3DStudio make for the Mighty, work with these pods. The top piece doesn’t hold the pod down, but the diameter is about the same so the loading tray works! If you have a XMax Roffu, the little funnel is a perfect fit to load one pod at a time as well. Getting about .25 of medium BCG grind in a pod.

I’m using my same stem configuration, the stock short stem, 1/2 of the OG SS cooling unit, with screen. I like the ability to adjust the load for loose flower and or set the exact depth for the capsule. I left the screen in the 1/2 cooling unit as it might pickup any loss bits that get through the top of the SS pod. For cooling I’m using a Simrell Cocobolo vortex stem. This fits perfectly inside the stock TM glass MP, an MVS works too (I’ve previously posted a picture in this thread of this setup). Then it’s so easy to just pull the vortex to clean. Gives me the same or better cooling than my previous setup which was a 1/2 cooling unit filled with tiny balls. Worked great, but more frequent cleaning and work, though its advantage was the smallest possible height. With the Simrell stem, the height is much taller, no big deal when home. I can obviously swap depending on situation.

Also added “Nyogel”, to threads, makes them smooth and not bind.
NOTE: Using a iPad charger, USB power meter showed initial charge of a bit over 2.5 amps. The included Molicel P28A18650 is fine at that fast rate, though the unit will get warm. If you are one that worries about battery longevity, a 1 amp rate in an external charger would be safer and better overall.

The latest TM2 is a big step up in refinement and I should have made the move long ago, instead of waiting for other wood choices!

Last edited:

Pappy

shmaporist
Honestly I hate the original stem with the cooling unit. It was the main reason to sell my TM1. Such a great device, but only usable with lots of metal an rubber in the air path.

Now I got the TM2 with this large stem with glass beads. An absolute game changer for me. Deliverers fantastic, cool vapour out of a huge bowl :D

For on the go, I used the Grav Upline Taster with the capsules from LaCentral.

Sadly my TM felt of my pocket this week and the Upline Taster broke.
Can’t find it in the EU and hardly anywhere else now. I’m fearing it isn’t produced anymore by Grav. Could this be possible?
Try Amazon

Pappy,

Pistol Pete

Hey ya'll. I've been noticing lately that my Tinymight 2 doesn't not vibrate sometimes when turned on and off. The light blinks so I know that it is on or off. Also, only sometimes it will not vibrate when I know it's ready. I use it on demand mode, never sesh mode. I step from usually 6,8,9 and full. Even as low as 3,4 and 5 early in the morning with Sativas. I rotate 3 batteries and it's the same. It hits great but I was wondering what's going on? I've had it for months now and there is NO way I'm sending it in for warranty. I love my Mighty and Fury Edge. But for a one hitter, I don't think I could live with out it. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful. Thanks

Pistol Pete,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hey ya'll. I've been noticing lately that my Tinymight 2 doesn't not vibrate sometimes when turned on and off. The light blinks so I know that it is on or off. Also, only sometimes it will not vibrate when I know it's ready. I use it on demand mode, never sesh mode. I step from usually 6,8,9 and full. Even as low as 3,4 and 5 early in the morning with Sativas. I rotate 3 batteries and it's the same. It hits great but I was wondering what's going on? I've had it for months now and there is NO way I'm sending it in for warranty. I love my Mighty and Fury Edge. But for a one hitter, I don't think I could live with out it. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful. Thanks
I guess it might depend on how much you want to fiddle with it on your own. Here is a reddit thread with some suggestions for a possible fix. I like the one where you give it a good slap. Sort of how we used to fix our televisions back in the day. Totally up to you. Let us know how it goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinymight2/comments/z1hscc

Pappy

shmaporist

It‘s the one with the blue beads, ordered it directly at TinyMight with the unit.

Yes, original stems of TM1 and TM2 are the same, which I don’t like :)
Got the titanium stem too, like it even less.
Titanium stem has combusted on my go to TM2 boro stem setting -- (7). It's also unnecessarily hot and heavy. Picked up 2 boro stems on AliEx same dimensions as titanium I recommend. Stock OEM boro too short.

RedZep

What happened with that chiral ceramic stem we saw teased months ago? I recall the designer posting a mock up and asking us what we think. I hope it's still in the pipeline.

RedZep,
Reactions: cosimo

cloudblower

Final update on me not being able to get into the calibration menu.

The Tinymight folks got back to me in less than 24 hours with the following directions: "You can try also 4 clicks ,wait for the flash and then repeat 4 more times , 5 in total,turn the dial to 6 and click 4 times. This is to make sure you are not making a miscount."

It has to be me making a mistake because the four clicks worked and got me into the calibration menu. After recalibrating, the tinymight performs swimmingly.

I'm really happy with the customer service I received from both VGoodiEZ and the folks at Tinymight. Even being on two different continents and the resulting time changes, they got me sorted out in less than 24 hours. Top notch service. Hopefully y'all will never have to use their customer service. If you do, know they got your back

onesixty2

My TM2 has been living up in my office these days, pairing nicely with my beautiful Ed’s WPA still. Switching it up between using my OGB jhook and a Goo Roo large in-line, dry, most of the time. Still a fantastic portable and I love how easy it is to just chill on for a few minutes

stuey

I’m digging the v2 dosing caps. They’re perfect for my daytime use. Just the right amount to get me medicated without being non-functional. I’m usually trying to medicate on my breaks and it’s nice to just toss a cap in there and go.

Now once baby goes to bed I open that baby up and let her rip.
I'm thinking of getting some capsules. Do you know roughly how much they hold in grams?

stuey,
I'm thinking of getting some capsules. Do you know roughly how much they hold in grams?
I’ve read about .2g, but I have no idea if that’s accurate. I feel like it might be a little less than that. I’d go measure but my scale’s broken.

Hopefully someone can accurately answer

TurdFerguson,

gangababa

I used a scale and find that I load about .1 gram from my grinder; sightly under-full, pressed but not packed tight. I suppose I could load .15g.

I do like the capsules. However, as I take everything to 8, I notice a deforming of the perforated bottom and top. Perhaps metal expansion; it looks like a subtle uplift ridge across the diameter.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I was coming up from the cellar when my TM2 slipped out of my hand. It bounced down 3 hardwood steps on the staircase before landing on the basement floor. When I picked it up, it had a rattle sound that made my heart sink. After a careful inspection, there was not even a scratch anywhere. The rattle was only the battery cover which had unscrewed a bit and come loose.
The unit continues to work just fine, which is testament to the overall construction. Even the GVB stem that was in it survived without a chip. :wave:

Ned Bogan

I was coming up from the cellar when my TM2 slipped out of my hand. It bounced down 3 hardwood steps on the staircase before landing on the basement floor. When I picked it up, it had a rattle sound that made my heart sink. After a careful inspection, there was not even a scratch anywhere. The rattle was only the battery cover which had unscrewed a bit and come loose.
The unit continues to work just fine, which is testament to the overall construction. Even the GVB stem that was in it survived without a chip. :wave:
Congrats -- you lucked out big-time! When a vape goes bouncing like yours did the result is usually bad news, but you got a pass on this one. You should buy a lottery ticket today.

gangababa

... I notice a deforming of the perforated bottom and top. Perhaps metal expansion; it looks like a subtle uplift ridge across the diameter.
So this happened today.
I have been wondering if a dosing capsule base or lid is manufactured as one piece or two. Is the perforated bottom (or top) a disk pressed into the second piece?
Today, pressing on the apparent ridge of one capsule bottom, the perforated disk moved about 1 mm into the cup. I pushed it back into correct position without problem.
I bet the top is similarly two pieces.

gangababa,
Reactions: BigJr48

noobvaperct

You guys - the last vape I purchased was the TM2 (never owned or tried the TM). I remember ordering it on the official website on the first day first minute. I think this little thing has killed any VAS I had left in me. I use it daily before bed and I love it. My only gripe is the unit gets too hot to touch almost at mid temp (6).

Shorner

You guys - the last vape I purchased was the TM2 (never owned or tried the TM). I remember ordering it on the official website on the first day first minute. I think this little thing has killed any VAS I had left in me. I use it daily before bed and I love it. My only gripe is the unit gets too hot to touch almost at mid temp (6).
I use mine on 8 or 9 on demand and it doesn't get hot at all, I use the XL mouthpiece though.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My TM2's big o-ring finally needs to be replaced: my Splinter stem wpa doesn't have the a-little-too-tight fit from years past and is closer to just slipping right out nowadays.

Is there an easy replacement option that doesn't involve an unfortunate shipping fee from a site like the o-ring store?

I can't imagine I was savvy enough to order extra TM o-rings when I got a bunch for my Anvil.

Thanks and hope you guys are doing well!

bossman,
Reactions: BigJr48

FelixVonTrapp

My TM2's big o-ring finally needs to be replaced: my Splinter stem wpa doesn't have the a-little-too-tight fit from years past and is closer to just slipping right out nowadays.

Is there an easy replacement option that doesn't involve an unfortunate shipping fee from a site like the o-ring store?

I can't imagine I was savvy enough to order extra TM o-rings when I got a bunch for my Anvil.

Thanks and hope you guys are doing well!
Do you still have the little brown paper bag of accessories that came with the TM2? Pretty sure there’s a replacement large O ring in there.

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
well the VAS struck again and in a moment of weakness, pulled the pin on a TM2. Should arrive sometime this week. I am stoked, to say the least.

Now before I go back through all 839 previous pages in this thread, I'm curious what y'all like for a travel case for your TM and various accoutrements. I'd like something of an EDC pouch that's smell proof, water proof (resistant, at least) and has room for some dosing caps and a spare battery. Some hard protection for the battery would be ideal, but I can put it in a plastic shell if need be. Any suggestions?

One more question: How do you deal with hot dosing caps when they're done? Getting them out of there and cleaned out is going to be kind of challenging when on the go. How do you do it?

may your weekend be the greenest!

wolfingham

Long time follower of this thread and OG TM1 user since April 2021. I've been extremely pleased with this device with no plans to upgrade to TM2. I've recalibrated, completely dissasssembled and reassembled the device (heater included), and it's still going strong. Absolute best investment was 4 molicel p28a batteries and an external charger. I rotate between stock short stem, ed's tnt cocobolo stem and occasionally run the TM through water. Just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. There is a vast amount of information here that many have benefited from. Vape on!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
One more question: How do you deal with hot dosing caps when they're done? Getting them out of there and cleaned out is going to be kind of challenging when on the go. How do you do it?

Hopefully, you buy the (5) pack of PODS, I dump them in a medium sized container from Dynavap. Back at home, after removing spent flower, you can soak them in the same container with 99% ISO or Simple Green Crystal, or just brush them out and reload. I’m using the Delta3DStudio “Mighty” load tray.
Dumping, and cleaning and reloading, are things I’d do at home, on “the go”, just buy and load more PODS!

noobvaperct

I use mine on 8 or 9 on demand and it doesn't get hot at all, I use the XL mouthpiece though.
I should mention that it’s real hot to the touch at towards the end of bowl and I only use it on demand. I figured the thing is just so small it just soaks up and absorbs all the heat. It’s a testament to how powerful the device is.

noobvaperct,
Top Bottom