TinyMight / TM 2

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Finally got my lathe up and running again!

What do you guys think, cut this stem at the arrow - or keep the whole thing?

My gut tells me to cut it, but my wife said she likes the added length …. 👀

CBA1836-A-D52-C-49-D5-9-B65-5-BB4-A7534669.jpg
Cut?

Photonic,
Reactions: ezpz

Dolpaca

Finally got my lathe up and running again!

What do you guys think, cut this stem at the arrow - or keep the whole thing?

My gut tells me to cut it, but my wife said she likes the added length …. 👀

CBA1836-A-D52-C-49-D5-9-B65-5-BB4-A7534669.jpg
I say keep it like that! That top part gives the stem more character. ;)

I use mine on a small globe and the one thing I learned is that as soon as the globe clouds over get your finger off that button if you don't want to hurt yourself. :) It keeps producing for a couple of seconds after you kill the heat.
Learned that the hard way (un?)fortunately
This thing produces an absurd amount of vapor, more than any other vape I've experienced.

dabotr

From today's GVB drop...<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5erdE5l" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/5erdE5l"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dabotr,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
From today's GVB drop...<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5erdE5l" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/5erdE5l"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not sure what you did exactly here but the links did not paste through at all? Great stuff in this drop though as per usual!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

dabotr

I'm not sure what you did exactly here but the links did not paste through at all? Great stuff in this drop though as per usual!
Not quite sure myself. do you see what went wrong?

2013 bmw x5 50i m sport 0 60

This is what I entered…

C553362-D-F0-B1-4-C25-A36-B-BB1-D561-C11-F9.jpg

This is what I entered…

C553362-D-F0-B1-4-C25-A36-B-BB1-D561-C11-F9.jpg
This is so weird that it shows up now. I just posted the long embedded string and the edit I entered for the picture to show you what I did.

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe

Shit Snacks

This is so weird that it shows up now. I just posted the long embedded string and the edit I entered for the picture to show you what I did.

Yeah I don't know, but if it's from imgbb, all you should be posting here is from the full BB code, just the part between the IMG brackets (with the brackets themselves, none of the URL)

Shit Snacks

How does a hook stem like that feel in the hand? It looks a little unwieldy.

It seems nice to me, I have a hook from GVB that is really nice in the hand with low profile WPA and my TM, I would think this even better because you don't have two separate pieces to deal with although that can be fun to separate and pull in fresh air you can do the same thing when you let go of the button and keep inhaling... I always like to use mine upside down too so I'm going to have to grab one of the U-turn stem finally when I can...

dabotr

How does a hook stem like that feel in the hand? It looks a little unwieldy.
Typically, I'll take the first hit with the TM upside down and then finish with it right side up. Easy to handle and nothing drops down to the heater.

dabotr,
Reactions: BigJr48

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker

This is what I
Struggling to see how that style would be comfortable to use…

I’m all about J hooks with the TM2 - I really think everyone should have a J hook stem in their collection. That’s coming from someone who makes wood stems, none of them being J hooks lol. So I’ve got no financial skin in the game or bias - just purely my thoughts and preference as a TM user.

Anyways for contrast, this was $15 of DHgate and fits/functions wonderfully. I turn the TM so the body is touching the glass (not like it’s oriented in the pic) and then I hold the base of the j hook like you would a regular tobacco pipe.

Would look like see GVB make a similar style hook - I think it would be wildly successful.

30949-E8-A-DC0-D-467-D-95-BB-7-B2-F149-C0-F14.jpg

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Struggling to see how that style would be comfortable to use…
I have a GVB j-hook that has a very similar angle:
My Good Vibes Boro Jay arrived!

PXL-20220525-171705414-2.jpg

I love it! It is cools nicely with the beads. The mouthpiece is wide open, which I prefer. Absolutely solid and thick. Works fantastic with my Underdog and CouchLog.

Also it looks motherfucking rad in person. Just the right amount of 👁️
It's very comfortable to use. I like my right-angle OGB hook too, but they are different in many ways. I have never felt like the GVB one was at all awkward.

Old Moderate

My new TM2 started to rattle today after a couple uses. It goes away when a stem is inserted. The inner glass lined does move a little bit when I put my finger in there. I read many pages ago that there should be a clear o-ring between the glass liner and the wall. Is it possible that for dislodged? It still appears to work fine.

Old Moderate,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Why I'm here: I want something more on demand for concerts, taking discrete hits when visiting/walking around cities and travel (flying in particular) in general. I use a smell proof bag for the Edge to keep the odor down and it works pretty damn well (but the Edge isn't the stinkiest of vapes with its silicone lid), so less stinky is always better.
Lots of great responses to so many great topics lately on this thread. I consider my TM2 to be the best in almost every category of the vaping experience when it comes to flower. I'm sure it works great for concentrates too, but I prefer to dab off a ceramic bucket. When I have the time for a truly wonderful session at home I will load up the TM2 with some fine herb and have a great experience. However, for me it is a special treat that I mix in with concentrate vaping which is still my meat and potatoes. Concentrate vaping allows for a similar effect with less huffing and puffing of flower vaping, which takes it toll on the throat after a while. I also find it so much easier when on the road. I can't comment on using the TM2 on the road or at a concert as I would never use mine in that way. I could compare it to having a classic car in the garage. I would use it for pleasure driving, but not as a daily commuter or to plow the roads in winter.

For concerts, trips to the beach, and vacations I end up using a cartridge pen or a Boundless Terp pen (OG) with some good wax or rosin. It's just so easy and convienent if you have access to concentrates. For example, I was recently at the beach and was surrounded by people everywhere, yet I was able to take 2-3 good hits off my terp pen while being pretty discrete. That it hard to do with a Tinymight as it's not what the thing is designed for. (IMHO)

@CloudForestWoodcraft, your woodstem looks very nice. My opinion is cut it at your mark. cut- it's a mouthpiece... uncut- it's a chesspiece.

Last edited:

tokenknifeguy

My new TM2 started to rattle today after a couple uses. It goes away when a stem is inserted. The inner glass lined does move a little bit when I put my finger in there. I read many pages ago that there should be a clear o-ring between the glass liner and the wall. Is it possible that for dislodged? It still appears to work fine.
Not sure how it is on the TM2, but on the TM I broke my inner glass tube somehow. I only noticed because I heard some rattlin noises and when I took it apart I found it had cracked a piece broke off. Had to get a new one shipped out. I'm scared it will do it again, so I'm real careful making sure I insert the tube nice and square to everything.

gangababa

Remove the stem, the adjusting ring, the O-ring, and the metal sleeve, battery, and tool.
Does it still rattle?
Does the rattle go away when the button is lightly-held still?
Tighten the bottom main screw. The O-ring between the glass and top plate may be red (like mine, or other color) rather than clear.
Hopefully, at this point it no longer rattles.
Broken oven glass can be replaced.
Broken heater glass repair requires major disassembly.

Reassemble, assuring that the stem adjusting ring is not loose.

tokenknifeguy

does anyone know if the orings are the same for the TM2 as it is for the TM? I got a bunch for the TM, was going to order the TM2 and was wanting to stock up on everything I need.

tokenknifeguy,

florduh

Lots of great responses to so many great topics lately on this thread. I consider my TM2 to be the best in almost every category of the vaping experience when it comes to flower. I'm sure it works great for concentrates too, but I prefer to dab off a ceramic bucket. When I have the time for a truly wonderful session at home I will load up the TM2 with some fine herb and have a great experience. However, for me it is a special treat that I mix in with concentrate vaping which is still my meat and potatoes. Concentrate vaping allows for a similar effect with less huffing and puffing of flower vaping, which takes it toll on the throat after a while. I also find it so much easier when on the road. I can't comment on using the TM2 on the road or at a concert as I would never use mine in that way. I could compare it to having a classic car in the garage. I would use it for pleasure driving, but not as a daily commuter or to plow the roads in winter.

For concerts, trips to the beach, and vacations I end up using a cartridge pen or a Boundless Terp pen (OG) with some good wax or rosin. It's just so easy and convienent if you have access to concentrates. For example, I was recently at the beach and was surrounded by people everywhere, yet I was able to take 2-3 good hits off my terp pen while being pretty discrete. That it hard to do with a Tinymight as it's not what the thing is designed for. (IMHO)

@CloudForestWoodcraft, your woodstem looks very nice. My opinion is cut it at your mark. cut- it's a mouthpiece... uncut- it's a chesspiece.

I travel for work a lot. So I've been doing almost all concentrates for the last 5-6 months. I agree that travelling with concentrates is much easier than flower. I can just leave my Proxy out even if it's dirty, and I don't have to worry about the piece stinky up the hotel room.

I am considering bringing flower back into the mix though. In part because I've become a solventless snob. And depending on the city, it can be a chore to track down rosin.

With my tolerance/use case... I don't know if I agree the TM is much more irritating than dabbing. I load an amount of flower that roughly has the same cannabinoid content as my typical dab size. I temp step a bit... but it's 3 big hits and maybe a clean up. That's the same as my experience with the Proxy.

Now... there's that convection heat to deal with for sure. But with concentrates, you're getting a lot of concentrated terps all at once. For me, that can be more irritating than convection heat, depending on the strain.

It's a personal thing though. Users with higher tolerance might require more flower, and more convection hits. That can for sure be irritating.

When I first got a TM, I described it as a "wax pen for flower". Because, for me at least, it worked like the wax pens I was used to. I was just dabbing flower.

Top Bottom