TinyMight / TM 2

condition

I experienced my first problem with my OG unit. After battery swap, it vibrated 4 or 5 times but when I click 3 times to switch it on, it vibrated exactly like when battery needs charging, with the Green light on while vibrating and then turned off. I tried switching it on again and again with same result. Then put another charged battery with same result. Vibrating 5 times indicating that the battery is charged but long vibration with green light when trying to switch it on.

Next day it just started normal behavior, I could start it and use it properly. Since then I have not switched the battery again, just charge it by micro USB.

It seems like battery connectors problem, but I have cleaned them from time to time, even with Blu tack as recommended here. I am also very careful when inserting new battery, but the connector could have been bent downwards from the hundreds of swaps.

Cloud McLongFoot

Too add to the charger convo, I have an xtar dragon VP4 Plus and find it to be amazing, gives lots of info and charges 4 batteries fast. Also can be used as a charger for electronic devices and comes with a car charger adapter.

kiddvudu2

Too add to the charger convo, I have an xtar dragon VP4 Plus and find it to be amazing, gives lots of info and charges 4 batteries fast. Also can be used as a charger for electronic devices and comes with a car charger adapter.

how fast? 4 batteries each one at 2A or 1A? 2A sounds futuristic!
Found this on the Amazon page: Max 3Ax1slot , 2Ax2 / 1Ax4 / 0.5Ax4 slot. However, it's quite an extravagant kit, and it costs $69. It looks awesome, but probably over-kill for me. Thanks for the heads-up @Cloud McLongFoot - I'm keeping in my cart while I mull it over.

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Found this on the Amazon page: Max 3Ax1slot , 2Ax2 / 1Ax4 / 0.5Ax4 slot. However, it's quite an extravagant kit, and it costs $69. It looks awesome, but probably over-kill for me. Thanks for the heads-up @Cloud McLongFoot - I'm keeping in my cart while I mull it over.
quite pricey but.. for sure it's a beast.. 36w .. according to the specs it can do 4x 1A or 2x 2A.. pretty good..

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: kiddvudu2

highjokr

Anyone registered their warranty on the Tinymight website? Registered 2 weeks ago and it’s still pending could be due to the holidays though.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Woo hoo just grabbed the @GoodVibesBoro giraffe! Couldn't react to the drops recently so im pleased this ones coming my way!
I've been stalkin gvb Instagram all week after seeing the jhook stems. Had a woo hoo moment myself this morning.

Congrats to you both, you're going to love them, great stuff in today's drop for sure!!

Stueylakes

I've been stalkin gvb Instagram all week after seeing the jhook stems. Had a woo hoo moment myself this morning.
I was toying with the j stems but I have a few lovely 14mm j hooks so did want a specific mega baller, and that's what I now have on the way. Lets have another woohoo!

Congrats to you both, you're going to love them, great stuff in today's drop for sure!!
Thanks mate, ive really wanted one for a while and these wilder ones look fab, it was a coin toss between this and the elephant but it was down to the balls and my desire for a high volume of them!

bgrpph

as few folks mentioned already- i've also noticed that my TM2 has a longer heatup time & also poorer extraction when the battery level goes from 4 buzzes (yellow) to 3 buzzes (blue). When battery 1st goes to blue, the battery is at about 3.9 or 3.8V (on my Nitecore D4 charger). I find the extraction is poorer when it gets to this blue level, so i've just been changing out my battery for a fully charged one when it goes blue. I rotate 6 molicel 26/28a so always have charged one, but i'm changing out batteries often now.

Thankfully its much easier to unscrew battery cover on TM2 vs original TM so no big deal to change, but i have definitely noticed that extraction is not nearly as good on blue level vs yellow.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
as few folks mentioned already- i've also noticed that my TM2 has a longer heatup time & also poorer extraction when the battery level goes from 4 buzzes (yellow) to 3 buzzes (blue). When battery 1st goes to blue, the battery is at about 3.9 or 3.8V (on my Nitecore D4 charger). I find the extraction is poorer when it gets to this blue level, so i've just been changing out my battery for a fully charged one when it goes blue. I rotate 6 molicel 26/28a so always have charged one, but i'm changing out batteries often now.

Thankfully its much easier to unscrew battery cover on TM2 vs original TM so no big deal to change, but i have definitely noticed that extraction is not nearly as good on blue level vs yellow.

Also worth checking if it's time to clean the threading of your battery cap etc as over time if it's not fully screwed down there could be build up there? And yeah the new quality of the batteries is certainly a factor depending how you maintain them, still a few variables... (Also never saw a yellow light I assume you would mean the red light? I usually swap in blue now, you can see the battery level when you're charging them, so yeah when you take the batteries down really low, especially batteries that are more used, they're performance could potentially suffer if only slightly but time to swap anyway)

GoldenBud

as few folks mentioned already- i've also noticed that my TM2 has a longer heatup time & also poorer extraction when the battery level goes from 4 buzzes (yellow) to 3 buzzes (blue).
yeah actually sounds very normal keeping in mind it's now 75W max not 70W like the OG TM... I guess the peak to 75W is like for few seconds or so, but still... maybe in the future he will get the heater closer to the bowl and may use 60W or 65W... but overall the TM2 has a good battery life?
cleaning the threading is also a good idea too, may help reducing overall heat which is being released to the environment...

Last edited:

ChipNJ

I did just now, mine is also pending.
I also did and saw this new warranty info (notice register by 12/31/2023 or no warranty for what looks like even prior purchases, not sure if this would hold up if pushed, but I am not familiar with Finish contract law...):

This warranty is valid only if the customer registers the product within one year of the delivery at tinymightvape.com or tinymightvape.eu OR by registering it by 31th December 2023.​
Warranty will be voided if the product has not been registered within this period. The product can be registered only once. Any subsequent owners cannot register it, if the original owner has already done that and the warranty is not valid in such case.​
Warranty cases will need to present the original invoice and claimed within 2 months of the warranty issue becoming obvious to the user.​
JTJS Products Oy takes responsibility of the two way returning costs for the first year. For the rest of the warranty period, customer is responsible for return costs and JTJS Products Oy pays for the fees of shipping back the unit to the customer.​

TimeBomb0

My OG Tinymight (Order #72 back in Nov '19) died after a drop. Was changing its battery while high and accidentally slapped it off the table :/. Will warranty it soon, but in the mean time, picked up the Tinymight 2.

Really wonderful seeing all the little improvements everywhere, adds up to a prettier, sturdier, and better vape.
Notably:
  • Build quality feels better: tighter tolerances, no wiggling anywhere. The nicer wood is a plus too - the walnut is gorgeous.
  • The OG has stellar efficiency, but the 2 goes beyond that. A couple small hits is all it takes to burn through a bowl. I'd get 4-6x 5-10 second hits in the OG out of a bowl, and you can rip through it in 2-3 now.
  • Very even extraction with the 2. No more black O ring on the herb. Stirring is definitely less necessary - used to get multiple additional hits after stirring, now I get maybe half a hit.
  • Time to heat up and flavor quality of the vapor is about the same - both excellent.
  • I find that 6/10 on my OG Tinymight (post-new-board being replaced during 2021 repair) is equivalent to ~7-7.5 on my Tinymight 2. I usually vape 2-3 (5-10 sec) hits at 7, and then the remaining 1-2 hits at 8.
  • Having the spot for the stir stick is very nice. Though if it gets a little loose, it can fall out after repeated flips of the Tinymight. Ergo if you're really stoned you may accidentally lose your stir stick.
  • The 2's battery appears to report its battery level much more inconsistently compared to my OG. My OG would gradually go from 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 buzz, then stop. My TM 2 goes from 4, stays there for a while, eventually to 3, quickly to 2, and then never gets to 1. It always dies within 1 or 2 hits of it reporting 2 vibrations - which is supposed to be 50%. Battery life seems roughly similar between both.
  • The vibration sound it makes when the heater is on is noticeably quieter than the OG. You could hear when the OG was on - it wasn't loud but it was noticeable. I often have to put my ear right up to the 2 to make sure the heater is on because it's so quiet. The vibration sound when it gets to temp is still just as noticeable though, which is great.
  • I hope it handles drops slightly better. It's supposed to be a bit less fragile than the OG, but dropping a vape is never good. Still, the two times it's happened over the 4 years I've owned it, the board got beat up enough where I needed to warranty it.

Last edited:

El Magico

I also did and saw this new warranty info (notice register by 12/31/2023 or no warranty for what looks like even prior purchases, not sure if this would hold up if pushed, but I am not familiar with Finish contract law...):

This warranty is valid only if the customer registers the product within one year of the delivery at tinymightvape.com or tinymightvape.eu OR by registering it by 31th December 2023.​
Warranty will be voided if the product has not been registered within this period. The product can be registered only once. Any subsequent owners cannot register it, if the original owner has already done that and the warranty is not valid in such case.​
Warranty cases will need to present the original invoice and claimed within 2 months of the warranty issue becoming obvious to the user.​
JTJS Products Oy takes responsibility of the two way returning costs for the first year. For the rest of the warranty period, customer is responsible for return costs and JTJS Products Oy pays for the fees of shipping back the unit to the customer.​
Was surprised to read this too, didn't even know I had to register it since I've ordered mine from TM.

sickmanfraud

$20.15

Last edited:

kilo

Was surprised to read this too, didn't even know I had to register it since I've ordered mine from TM.
Yeah, I was surprised as well. I ordered my TM1 in September of '21, so that I guess that one won't qualify for the warranty. It doesn't have a serial number so there's no way to complete the registration form anyway. Next I tried to register my TM2, which I got in September '22, and I couldn't complete the registration form because I can't provide an invoice PDF, even though the site says I don't need one since I ordered direct from TM. I sent them an email to see if they can clear it up.

Top Bottom