TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hey guys, having a weird situation with my TM2 and hoping someone has seen it before. It was working fine but now it just won’t turn on. I put a new battery in, it lights up & buzzes four times like normal but then when I try to turn it on, I get nothing. Like it’s dead. I really hope it isn’t since I’m in the states and this was my portable to use. Any help or suggestions please?! Im going to pray to the vape gods first but I think I’m screwed. It was in my carry-on and protected and had worked a few times after getting here. Just suddenly won’t work?
Is the temp below 2? Similar thing happened to me after getting a new board in my OG TM; it wouldn’t turn on below 2. After I turn it on you can dial it down below 2 if desired. :peace:

Tweakz

My TM 1.5 with rimmed basket screen + wpa is a champ no doubt . It’s probably one hitter cloud machine . Love it so much , because my vas can calm down after spent time with TM.

I wonder that how fast time passes, in a few months it will be 3 years since my first acquaintance with this such a wonderful beast, which has sunk into my heart.

have a good week for everyone. I’m so high now , sorry for the lyrics :science:

Kaptan

Hey guys, having a weird situation with my TM2 and hoping someone has seen it before. It was working fine but now it just won’t turn on. I put a new battery in, it lights up & buzzes four times like normal but then when I try to turn it on, I get nothing. Like it’s dead. I really hope it isn’t since I’m in the states and this was my portable to use. Any help or suggestions please?! Im going to pray to the vape gods first but I think I’m screwed. It was in my carry-on and protected and had worked a few times after getting here. Just suddenly won’t work?
Same thing happened to me when I traveled to Mexico. I had set the TM on setting 0 before traveling so it wouldn’t turn on in my carry on bag. When I had arrived at the resort, I had forgotten I had set the TM to 0 and was perplexed what the issue was until I finally remembered I had to turn the dial up🥴

LakeLikeAnOcean

@LakeLikeAnOcean , no the complaints about an unclean airpath are separate and unrelated. They also go back much further than those photos. Some people feel the airpath is not sufficiently isolated from the PCB.
If you don’t mind me asking, why do some people feel that way? I’ve been trying to find a concrete explanation for a few days, but all I’ve come across are vague comments on Reddit that say things like, “It has the CB at the airpath I think.” Or similarly vague comments stating that it is isolated, because a vape review website described it as such. What I’ve read so far might just be disinformation, like Staircase mentioned above your post.

LakeLikeAnOcean,

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
If you don’t mind me asking, why do some people feel that way? I’ve been trying to find a concrete explanation for a few days, but all I’ve come across are vague comments on Reddit that say things like, “It has the CB at the airpath I think.” Or similarly vague comments stating that it is isolated, because a vape review website described it as such. What I’ve read so far might just be disinformation, like Staircase mentioned above your post.

Air that traveled over the vaporizers heated circuit board brings risk of inhaling harmful chemicals and materials, such as lead.

Inhaling lead particles is especially harmful because the particles can get into the lungs and be absorbed into the bloodstream, where they can travel to other organs and tissues.

Exposure to lead can have serious health consequences, including damage to the brain and nervous system, fertility problems, etc. It can also cause developmental delays and behavioral problems in ppl whose brains haven’t fully developed, which I think is up until ~24yrs old. I have to imagine that’s a large demographic of vaporizer users.

The circuit board in a vaporizer may also contain other harmful chemicals and materials, such as mercury, cadmium, and brominated flame retardants, which can be released into the air and inhaled. These substances can also have serious health effects, including damage to the brain and nervous system, kidney damage, and reproductive problems…

So it’s nothing to bat an eye at, especially if you’re using a vape multiple times per day, every day, exposure can stack up fast.

DaVapeGuy

Air that traveled over the vaporizers heated circuit board brings risk of inhaling harmful chemicals and materials, such as lead.

Inhaling lead particles is especially harmful because the particles can get into the lungs and be absorbed into the bloodstream, where they can travel to other organs and tissues.

Exposure to lead can have serious health consequences, including damage to the brain and nervous system, fertility problems, etc. It can also cause developmental delays and behavioral problems in ppl whose brains haven’t fully developed, which I think is up until ~24yrs old. I have to imagine that’s a large demographic of vaporizer users.

The circuit board in a vaporizer may also contain other harmful chemicals and materials, such as mercury, cadmium, and brominated flame retardants, which can be released into the air and inhaled. These substances can also have serious health effects, including damage to the brain and nervous system, kidney damage, and reproductive problems…

So it’s nothing to bat an eye at, especially if you’re using a vape multiple times per day, every day, exposure can stack up fast.
I think he's asking for proof that the TM airpath is not clean.

Not what the effects of an impure airpath are

Vaporific

I don’t have a TM2 only an OG TM. However I recall reading herein when the TM2 launched that the TM2’s air path is isolated whereas the OG TM can’t be considered as such - and I’ve disassembled my TM a few times I can attest to this.

In boring news, my TM continues to simply rock. Every single time. I reach for it before any of my other vapes, it’s that great and simple to use; even using lower temps than before - with a new board and some new 3rd party stems (the dimples tapered one form TRWW is my new fave) which it still delivers the goods. It’s devine. Pure bliss. Every single time. Hard to believe I’ve had mine for 32 months (the new board was me putting the battery in the wrong way - doh). :peace:

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Yeah, I'm starting to see that. I kept up on the hardness discussion earlier in the thread. I won't be moving them around much anyways, so probably not a concern for me. I'll go with the quartz or ruby I think. Thanks both of you's!
Well, the 4mm beads got lost in mail somewhere, but the 6mm ones showed up. When I saw how small the 6mm ones were, I immediately ordered some 8mm and cancelled the 4mm (lost) order. I loaded up my TRWW WPA with an assortment of 6 and 8mm beads and wow! It's amazing what those little beads do for cooling!

kiddvudu2

I've asked this before too but didn't get any responses regarding the capsules. I went ahead and ordered some the other day. My order page shows it has shipped, but I didn't receive any tracking. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

I also received some 0.75" round stainless screens today. I managed to get 3 of them shaped and installed in stems, but it was not fun - bled from 3 fingertips, lol. Also, they are thicker than the screen that came with TM2, and as a result don't bend so nicely. It seems to leave very small gaps around the edge between the stem and the screen. I'm hoping the capsules work nicely so I don't have to do much more of this shaping baskets malarkey.
They arrived today. Just pulled them out of an ISO bath. I should have a report on performance later this evening. :sherlock:

Edit: First attempt, just meh. I might have underfilled the capsule. Not much vapor was produced at volume 7.5 (which I rarely go up to). I can produce nice vapor on volume 3&4 without capsules. I'll give it a few more tries and let U know if they will convert my TM2 to my traveling device or not.

Last edited:
kiddvudu2,

cfzum1

Sounds like the same thing happening to me with my brand new unit. If I try invoking either on demand or session mode I get haptic feedback and leds go purple, green, red, blue. Nothing happens after…click and hold no vapor. Tried multiple batteries, watching videos, reread the manual a few times, etc. Heater never turns on and I never get leds on the bottom that indicating it’s working. Maybe I’m just dense and missing something silly!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sounds like the same thing happening to me with my brand new unit. If I try invoking either on demand or session mode I get haptic feedback and leds go purple, green, red, blue. Nothing happens after…click and hold no vapor. Tried multiple batteries, watching videos, reread the manual a few times, etc. Heater never turns on and I never get leds on the bottom that indicating it’s working. Maybe I’m just dense and missing something silly!
This really sounds like the dial is below 3. Have you turned it past 3 then done the 5 clicks?

Grass Yes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just tried that, at 4, 6 and 8. Doesn’t do anything. Why 5 clicks? Once I get to 3 it seems to do the led color cycle flash.
Because I said the wrong number lol.
I don't have a TM2 so there may be something I am missing, but I would expect you to see LEDs through the stir stick when you are heating.

Grass Yes,

cfzum1

Because I said the wrong number lol.
I don't have a TM2 so there may be something I am missing, but I would expect you to see LEDs through the stir stick when you are heating.
Ok! Here I was hoping you had some 5 click magic. 😀

The only time I see leds through the stir stick is when replacing the battery. Heater never turns on for me.

LakeLikeAnOcean

That’s exactly what I was wondering! The TM2 is advertised as having an isolated airpath and I haven’t seen any evidence that contradicts that, but I keep seeing that claim made in threads discussing the device. I’m hoping it’s just confusion or accidental disinformation, but I wanted to be sure before I bought one.

Maybe people are confusing it with the original Tinymight, or blowing super hard into the mouthpiece and rupturing the seal separating the airpath from the PCB? I know the Fury Edge 2 has that problem - the airpath is isolated and sealed, but if you blow into the device you can cause the silicon seal to fail.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I use the capsules pretty regularly. If I need to go out I take my TM2, my short titanium stem, loaded capsules, and possibly an extra battery.
I seldom use all the loaded capsules while out and I use them up when home.

For home use, I usually take off the top of the capsule and use the capsule in place of a screen.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: kiddvudu2

FelixVonTrapp

That’s exactly what I was wondering! The TM2 is advertised as having an isolated airpath and I haven’t seen any evidence that contradicts that, but I keep seeing that claim made in threads discussing the device. I’m hoping it’s just confusion or accidental disinformation, but I wanted to be sure before I bought one.

Maybe people are confusing it with the original Tinymight, or blowing super hard into the mouthpiece and rupturing the seal separating the airpath from the PCB? I know the Fury Edge 2 has that problem - the airpath is isolated and sealed, but if you blow into the device you can cause the silicon seal to fail.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say I don’t think anyone here has proof the airpath isn’t in fact isolated. I’ll even go a step farther and say that I think most people on this thread probably believe the manufacturer when they make the claim of isolated airpath. I could very well misreading the room, though.

Madtater

Why would anyone blow hard INTO the device? That would be using the device the device for “unintended purposes”, no? If the silicon seal fails from that activity, maybe that seal was not intended to work for reverse air flow.

I cannot think of an instance where anyone would or should blow into the device. Even if there are pieces of whatever in the bottom, i would think that getting a q-tip with a bit of iso alcohol would be better at clearing it than forcibly blowing into the device.

Vaporific

PSA: I wrote to Tinymight this week asking them about the status of RED TM2 as well as wishing them happy holidays and New Years, and this is what they said:

“Hello ! Sadly due to the some unforeseen event and wood condition ,we cannot get the wood ready spring,so we are hoping that we are going to be able to deliver somewhere around 420,but nothing is set in stone. We are very sorry about this inconvenience,but we havent given up on the idea !
Have a nice day !”

So perhaps Springtime but no guarantee. I will continue waiting :) :peace:

mulciber

I’m going to go out on a limb and say I don’t think anyone here has proof the airpath isn’t in fact isolated. I’ll even go a step farther and say that I think most people on this thread probably believe the manufacturer when they make the claim of isolated airpath. I could very well misreading the room, though.

I tend to believe the maker absent any information to the contrary. I searched for a proper tear-down or X-ray cross-section of the OG TM (what I have) and haven't found one. I suppose there's been no one willing to take a band saw to their device.

I'd very much welcome being pointed to anything like consequential data on this. TIA.

Vaporific

I tend to believe the maker absent any information to the contrary. I searched for a proper tear-down or X-ray cross-section of the OG TM (what I have) and haven't found one. I suppose there's been no one willing to take a band saw to their device.

I'd very much welcome being pointed to anything like consequential data on this. TIA.
See Page 633 where @Djsleepy who was a beta tester and is a voracious user of TM claimed the TM2 has an isolated air path. I don’t have a TM2 though and state the OG TM isn’t isolated (which is OK for me for now). There have been a couple of decent teardowns of TM2 herein though it’s harder to disassemble than the OG TM. Cheers. :peace:

mulciber

See Page 633 where @Djsleepy who was a beta tester and is a voracious user of TM claimed the TM2 has an isolated air path. I don’t have a TM2 though and state the OG TM isn’t isolated (which is OK for me for now). There have been a couple of decent teardowns of TM2 herein though it’s harder to disassemble than the OG TM. Cheers. :peace:

It's true that I saw at least one tear-down, but it was insufficient to determine the security of the path. I'll follow your reference. Thank you!

Top Bottom