TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've just got my hands on my TM2 and need some advice.
I performed a burn off, around 15 mins on different temperature settings. After a couple of bowls I can still taste some funky smell.
It may be the wood, but even I if so, I'm still curious whether anyone else experienced something similar. Not sure if I should contact the seller or just ignore and live with it...
On my second TM (prior to TM2 TMs were Oak) I had a little wood taste and fishy smell for a few days to a week and then it went away. It is probably nothing to be concerned about.

Chippl

Did you clean any of the parts and take it apart first too? I like to let it air out as well, mine was fully neutral, then after the burn off
I did not unscrew the ring and clear it that deep. Otherwise yes.

Right now I noticed something strange. Is your battery screw or the ring above the oven being attracted by a magnet? It seems that metal body parts are of non-magnetic alloy.

Chippl,
Reactions: Elfstone

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I did not unscrew the ring and clear it that deep. Otherwise yes.

I would strongly recommend unscrewing that retainer ring, cleaning it and the o-ring, and the metal tube... Those areas carried the most dirt with my TM2, the actual cooling unit was the cleanest part, specifically the threading was the dirtiest for mine...

Right now I noticed something strange. Is your battery screw or the ring above the oven being attracted by a magnet? It seems that metal body parts are of non-magnetic alloy.

Are these parts not aluminum? so yeah

Chippl

I would strongly recommend unscrewing that retainer ring, cleaning it and the o-ring, and the metal tube... Those areas carried the most dirt with my TM2, the actual cooling unit was the cleanest part, specifically the threading was the dirtiest for mine...

Are these parts not aluminum? so yeah
Will most certainly do. Thanks, for telling.
I always believed that all steel alloys are magnetic 🤷🏼‍♂️

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Will most certainly do. Thanks, for telling.
I always believed that all steel alloys are magnetic 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oh, there are some steel parts too, but absolutely true that not all steel alloys are magnetic, I have other non-magnetic steel alloys (like Rogue sells some scoop tools that are non-magnetic steel so there's no issue using them with brilliant cut grinder)

Edit: just noticed a foreign transaction fee on my card for a little under $10, if I recall correctly, the last time I had a charge like that, from my acrylic TP80 order, it did take a month to come through too ... So it was still a good deal to get mine at the time from Docteur-Vaporisateur in France since like Vapefiend in the UK they removed the VAT for me in the US, just as a suspected not quite as cheap as it seemed at first originally (not $315 more like 325) by the way FYI

Last edited:

Notcoded419

No RED yet (sniff). I’m patiently waiting for one. And waiting… :)

Looking forward to my new stems to arrive for my TM. I’m glad I’m running low temps now with it and even lower than before my OG TM was repaired. It’ll be interesting to use just a screen to hold the flower instead of the cooling unit (with or without an additional screen, which I used a screen for a while and then have gone without lately). The TM continues to be my favorite vape. It’s amazing every single time! :peace:
What stems did you order? I'm looking at something to give a little more cooling but am a little overwhelmed by the options. Was looking at some more economical options (trww has a dimpled one, the grav upline) and adding some balls. Isn't a screen necessary?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
What stems did you order? I'm looking at something to give a little more cooling but am a little overwhelmed by the options. Was looking at some more economical options (trww has a dimpled one, the grav upline) and adding some balls. Isn't a screen necessary?
Did my pic not post? I bought a TMS24 Heady Dimpled TM Pill stem and TMS05 Tapered Dimpled TM stem. Both were nominal and in stock. There are a few sold out and while I’m not in rush I ordered what was available (and another scoop and tamp too). They should arrive a few days, already got the shipping email. :peace:

Notcoded419

Did my pic not post? I bought a TMS24 Heady Dimpled TM Pill stem and TMS05 Tapered Dimpled TM stem. Both were nominal and in stock. There are a few sold out and while I’m not in rush I ordered what was available (and another scoop and tamp too). They should arrive a few days, already got the shipping email. :peace:
Looks like a pic of various TM purchase options? That TMS05 is what I was eyeing and almost everything else (including the 24 you ordered) was sold out so I went ahead and grabbed it! I worry a bit about cooling without the unit, but think the tapered mouthpiece will make a big difference for me. As a former cig/bowl smoker, the open air stem/bong has never felt totally comfortable.

Vaporific

LOL - I checked my glass stem tracking via USPS and saw a couple of towns not far from me. They’re in OR however and I’m in MA. Oh well, so close but yet so far. I got excited thinking they’d be here soon but it’ll be the weekend or next Monday. No big deal but funny the towns in the tracker are towns near me and didn’t look at the State initially.

Did I already say the TM is absolutely, emphatically, amazingly and simply the most incredible portable vaporizer? Just saying it for the record :) :peace:

badbee

Has anyone here tried to coil a pure titanium wire to insert into the stem in place of the CU? Easy to clean, no silicone or spheres to mess around with.
I haven't seen any reports of that but many have trapped glass or ruby 3-4 mm beads inside the cooling unit. It's reported to cool better and gunk up slower than the default.

Vaporific

I haven't seen any reports of that but many have trapped glass or ruby 3-4 mm beads inside the cooling unit. It's reported to cool better and gunk up slower than the default.
Doesn’t one of the Venus Apollo halogen vapes have a corkscrew looking thing in the stem or similar? I vaguely recall seeing something like that recently looking for a new vape.

I prefer glass now, which 2.5+ years owning a TM did for me, and bought my TM as the first portable vape with a truly dedicated glass stem and love it this way. I’m curious of the titanium stems available now but that would remind me much of my Hoppers. Ill wait until I get a TM2 to try one of those. I’ll stick with glass for now as I have a couple of new ones coming soon. :peace:

Vaporific

Got ‘em early!:

No screens however were sent and I sent a quick email asking them about it and they replied quickly too and said they’d send them. Great customer service. I have a bunch of various screens I can use in the interim. Need to clean the stems tonight before I use them. I want to use the tapered one first because 1) it’s tapered and 2) it’s the shorter one similar to the short stock stem I’ve been using for 2.5 years (I have 2 of these and CUs too). More good times with the TM ahead, like Xmas in November! :peace:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Got ‘em early!:

No screens however were sent and I sent a quick email asking them about it and they replied quickly too and said they’d send them. Great customer service. I have a bunch of various screens I can use in the interim. Need to clean the stems tonight before I use them. I want to use the tapered one first because 1) it’s tapered and 2) it’s the shorter one similar to the short stock stem I’ve been using for 2.5 years (I have 2 of these and CUs too). More good times with the TM ahead, like Xmas in November! :peace:
They look super cool and enjoy them.

sausagefinger

Shout out to @farmerpalmersnt for the DIY Octotaster + pearls idea posted 10 or so pages back. It was surprisingly easy with a torch and a poker, not to mention cheap!

E4-A15-F93-1-B9-C-4608-8828-A63-CA2-ABDE62.jpg

onesixty2

Please do be careful with DIY glass shaping projects: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annealing_(glass) It looks cool, and definitely is a fun way to not use a SS screen to stop the beads, but it does add more stress to the glass. If you live somewhere with real cold winters, I would seriously recommend not using that outside in the cold.

I'm dogsitting for some friends, usually when I am here there's a bit of an annoyance bringing over whatever equipment and tools I'll want for my stay... okay, packing my TM2, and OGB Jhook.. i'm set! Loving how easy this thing is to transport around and bring with me with such minimal effort.

Last edited:

farmerpalmersnt

Id recommend the jar or flowerpot trick I mentioned as it seems to work.

I've made a bunch of these this way and no stress fractures. Tried putting in the freezer after a hot run, tapping all over and I've accidentally dropped them multiple times. Not one crack or breakage. Short of checking with a scope I don't think I'm likely to have any issues.

Glass is always a risk.

Top Bottom