TinyMight / TM 2

vapeape77

Is this with or without dosing caps and the CU?
Pretty much any setup. I ran my 3 stems this morning testing it out about the caps with equal amounts blue dream. Ran Ti with basket screen, Octotaster glass, and stock with cap and an empty cu stepping to 200. I think I know where on the dial taste lines up with my Mighty at 180c too, so not going super high temp I think…. But seems if I keep it under what I think is 195 I don’t taste coils

Last edited:
vapeape77,
Reactions: Elfstone

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm still a noob at vaping. But, I thought I had experienced this. Do you find that a chunkier grind is tastier?

Oh, yeah, it can be, different experience different type of extraction, but with a chunkier grind, even try a whole nug, you're not having any broken calyx trichromes whatever, although you don't have the surface area with a more fine grind, ideally a nice medium grind is best here, you want a nice consistent grind, but a coarse grind can be very effective and rewarding (while the clouds with a fine grind can be extra dense)... If you are using a whole nug, it becomes necessary to flip it, (potentially use higher temps as well) eventually even break it up, transfer to use in a basket screen, but with a nice chunky coarse grind like from BCG plates or flower mill you don't have to worry about that, you can get a full extraction without stirring and a lot of the whole nug benefits, but variety is the spice of life! I am often using a more medium grind, but there is so much variance in the herbs and the grinders and the situation, the TM can handle it all without issue...

don’t taste coils

For the record again, there are no coils, the heater is stainless steel ribbon, in a spiral shape with ceramic posts... It is nothing like e-cig coils at all... So what you are tasting, is hot metal, some people notice it more than others, and there are many different types of alloys and other variables... For me the TM2 has fantastic pure flavor and I don't really taste the metal of the heater at all

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Pretty much any setup. I ran my 3 stems this morning testing it out about the caps with equal amounts blue dream. Ran Ti with basket screen, Octotaster glass and stock with cap, stepping to 200. I think I know where on the dial taste lines up with my Mighty at 180c too, so not going super high temp I think…. But seems if I keep it under what I think is 195 I don’t taste coils
Interesting. I only have an original TM, not a 2, but I haven't experienced this even at the highest settings. I do get the taste degraded by the CU and other metal in the stem.

vapeape77

Interesting. I only have an original TM, not a 2, but I haven't experienced this even at the highest settings. I do get the taste degraded by the CU and other metal in the stem.
Honestly it’s probably just my high sensitivity to those memories of vape pens. Maybe it’s related to how the heat gets sucked up at higher temps or something and not an actual metal taste. (Thanks for the clarification @Shit Snacks, no coils in there, just reminds me of the taste of coil pens)

I’m fine running it under 195, since ideally 198c is max I want to do anyway for health reasons….

ps: I’m a whole nug it fan too. A tip I have is dryer side nugs work best. Don’t smush em in there like you can with a Mighty, a few small nugs in there very tasty.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Honestly it’s probably just my high sensitivity to those memories of vape pens. Maybe it’s related to how the heat gets sucked up at higher temps or something and not an actual metal taste. (Thanks for the clarification @Shit Snacks, no coils in there, just reminds me of the taste of coil pens)

I’m fine running it under 195, since ideally 198c is max I want to do anyway for health reasons….

ps: I’m a whole nug it fan too. A tip I have is dryer side nugs work best. Don’t smush em in there like you can with a Mighty, a few small nugs in there very tasty.

Totally, dependent on your frame of reference, I remember dabbing with those coils in the past, now that I have proper setups for that, not sure I ever could again!

PXL-20221021-212508708.jpg

Citrus Tsunami strain is flavorfully fantastic, looking forward to Blue Nebula strain next...

DankNug

I don't own this device but have tested it out a bunch. A couple of my friends have one. I didn't realize that it came out in 2019, considering the thread age. Really great device for the price point if it is what you are looking for. I personally prefer the dynavap, but also occasionally use the firewood 7. All the devices I've tried like this are very similar in functionality. I think people would be happy with their purchase of any of a few devices. When purchasing a device like this, I'd look at longevity if possible, and also customer service. I've bought devices that haven't lasted long and their customer service has been trash. All in all, really good device.

Edit: Something I've personally wanted to try is the Tetra p80, but haven't gotten around to it.

RedZep

I don't own this device but have tested it out a bunch. A couple of my friends have one. I didn't realize that it came out in 2019, considering the thread age. Really great device for the price point if it is what you are looking for. I personally prefer the dynavap, but also occasionally use the firewood 7. All the devices I've tried like this are very similar in functionality. I think people would be happy with their purchase of any of a few devices. When purchasing a device like this, I'd look at longevity if possible, and also customer service. I've bought devices that haven't lasted long and their customer service has been trash. All in all, really good device.

Edit: Something I've personally wanted to try is the Tetra p80, but haven't gotten around to it.
It has a 10 year warranty. Speaks for itself really.

vapeape77

Is that the Grav glass joint gasket? Very useful
It’s just this part. I like the glass piece too, can push out caps and such with it, and stores away in a stem no problem. Only down side is it says Grav on it, but eh it’s $4😂 I’ll probably get a few more…

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Totally, dependent on your frame of reference, I remember dabbing with those coils in the past, now that I have proper setups for that, not sure I ever could again!

PXL-20221021-212508708.jpg

Citrus Tsunami strain is flavorfully fantastic, looking forward to Blue Nebula strain next...
@Shit Snacks, that stem is lovely. The whole setup is sharp.

Yeah since I had early vaping experience with the arizer stems I had always wanted to get similar style glass screen stems for the pure convection on demand vapes I came to love (being lucky enough to have the earliest ones) but now that I finally have some, I rarely use them, I just find more consistent better experience for my style with screen mesh basket screens unfortunately a necessary evil! Been a long while since I've used my 3in1 TM WPA with the glass honeycomb screen though, and I have such nice herbs now, so I should do that chunky grind experience for some flavor sessions!

Can I ask why folks are averse to the honeycomb glass screens? Coming from an Argo, I find I prefer them to using the native CU or any metal screens for vapor quality/flavor...something about having a screen in there getting as hot as the flower next to it is unappealing to me. (And if I ever have to find third-party screens, confirming that they're made out of safe metals seems another issue.)

Is it because finely ground materials get pulled through the holes in the honeycomb? I'm using mine almost exclusively through water so that is never an issue for me, and perhaps why I've not had the issues others have had.

The only downside to the 14mm adapter I have for the TM2 with the glass honeycomb screen is that I think the bowl is too big, so I do like being able to slide the CU on the OG stem do shrink the bowl size....

FelixVonTrapp

Can I ask why folks are averse to the honeycomb glass screens? Coming from an Argo, I find I prefer them to using the native CU or any metal screens for vapor quality/flavor...something about having a screen in there getting as hot as the flower next to it is unappealing to me. (And if I ever have to find third-party screens, confirming that they're made out of safe metals seems another issue.)

Is it because finely ground materials get pulled through the holes in the honeycomb? I'm using mine almost exclusively through water so that is never an issue for me, and perhaps why I've not had the issues others have had.

The only downside to the 14mm adapter I have for the TM2 with the glass honeycomb screen is that I think the bowl is too big, so I do like being able to slide the CU on the OG stem do shrink the bowl size....
I’m with you, was trying to avoid a metal screen for the longest time. Used a couple of stems with built in screens and even bought some glass screens to use with the Upline. If anything, the honeycombs can get clogged fairly easily , in my experience. Other than that, not sure of what would be bad about them.

FelixVonTrapp,
Reactions: dimmusp

vapeape77

I’m with you, was trying to avoid a metal screen for the longest time. Used a couple of stems with built in screens and even bought some glass screens to use with the Upline. If anything, the honeycombs can get clogged fairly easily , in my experience. Other than that, not sure of what would be bad about them.
I think it depends on how the holes or slits are cut on the glass screen. I personally don’t have any issue with the Grav glass side slits since I actually prefer more resistance, but some prefer wide open airflow….

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I really hate those glass filters that are built into some stems and wpa's lol. Especially stems, even if you grind coarse you still gonna be snacking. With the steel baskets you can tune grind and load with no hassle and the dome shape helps with a nice annd even extraction.

vapeape77

I really hate those glass filters that are built into some stems and wpa's lol. Especially stems, even if you grind coarse you still gonna be snacking. With the steel baskets you can tune grind and load with no hassle and the dome shape helps with a nice annd even extraction.
That makes sense for fine grinders out there. I’m using the glass screen with whole nugs only or lumpy grind for moister flower. You try the rimmed baskets? I like the easy of use with rimmed but wish they were deeper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom